A The Walking Dead Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on AMC

What’s your favorite episode of The Walking Dead? The pilot? The one where Shane, well…..hey, now’s a good time for a warning. This post will have spoilers. If you aren’t caught up on The Walking Dead, avert your eyes. Actually, no. Open up Netflix in another tab and start catching up. Then come back and read this post.

TV.com users are experts on the shows they love. So let’s see what they think. Here are the top 10 The Walking Dead episodes as rated by, well, you!

10. Made to Suffer (Season 3, Episode 8)

Are you kidding me, The Walking Dead? This episode was insane. It ends in a shootout between RIck’s group & some Woodbury soldiers. A SHOOTOUT. You just don’t see those anymore these days.

9. Internment (Season 4, Episode 5)

The Governor is BACK! Wait, is he like the Governator? Also, that plague killed me. Prize for surviving against zombies for this long: you die anyway.

8. When the Dead Come Knocking (Season 3, Episode 7)

When The Governor acted like he was going to rape Maggie, I couldn’t handle it. The worst threat in this world is no longer the undead. It’s the living. This episode left a bad taste in my mouth, but in the best way possible.

7. Seed (Season 3, Episode 1)

The prison! As an avid reader of the graphic novels, I was looking forward to this moment from the day the show started. New home and a breath of fresh air into the show.

6. 18 Miles Out (Season 2, Episode 10)

This was another heavy episode. Beth decides that life just isn’t worth living anymore and tries to kill herself, more than once. Hard to want to fault her considering her situation.

5. Beside the Dying Fire (Season 2, Episode 13)

It’s time to say goodbye to the farmhouse for Rick and his group of survivors. What’s next?

4. Better Angels (Season 2, Episode 12)

See ya later, Shane! I never liked him anyway.

3. This Sorrowful Life (Season 3, Episode 15)

Merle dies, Rick considers whether to turn over Michonne or not, and Glenn proposes to Maggie. Just another typical day in The Walking Dead land.

2. Clear (Season 3, Episode 12)

Morgan is back! & boy is he crazy.

1. Killer Within (Season 3, Episode 4)

Oh no, Lori dies! Oh well, we knew it was bound to happen eventually. & now they have a little baby to look after. Piece of cake, right?

So there you have it! Agree/disagree? Let us know what your favorite episodes are in the comments below!

Interested in putting together your own posts counting down the highest rated episodes of a show you love? Did you know that you can order any episode guide for any show on TV.com by choosing to order by RATING.

poll

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/3/2016

Season 6 : Episode 16

41 Comments
Comments (41)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
My favorite is the grove
Flag
My Top 5
1- Live Bait
2- Prey
3- This Sorrowful Life
4- Internment
5- Dead Weight

Flag
"When the Dead Come Walking" is my favorite just because of Glenn killing a walker taped to a chair. That was the best piece of character development over the whole series. Although 'Made to Suffer' was great too!
Flag
Clear is defiantly my favorite episode of Walking Dead next to the Pilot, I also loved Tell It To The Frogs and Killer Within is up there for me. But I really like Clear the best because it showed the audience what happened to Morgan and Duane without being over-the-top and dramatic and kicked Rick out of his depression. I really hope we see Morgan again, I'd like him and Rick to work together to bring the rest of the group back together again or even for him to find the group once they come back together again.
Flag
Staff
Yeah, I'm a big Morgan fan. I was sad he was so crazy!
Flag
And yet, weirdly enough, it suits him.

I know it sounds strange when I put it like this, but madness does suit Morgan.
Flag
Staff
I can see that.
Flag
Sorry, but that 'Clear' wasn't the hands down unanimous winner flaws this list.

Even with the poor writing and LAZY direction that was the sub-plot of Carl going back to the zombie bar for his family picture, the exchanges between Rick and Morgan by themselves were more than enough to trump anything else this series has ever done.
Flag
Staff
Hey, blame the other users of TV.com! This list was based on their ratings :) But yeah, Clear was a fantastic episode! I'm often surprised when making these lists which eps make the list and don't.
Flag
Sorry, that came across a little more "blame the messenger" than intended :)

I've had more than a few disagreements about this show in general and it would seem that there are quite a few fans (too many if you ask me) who determine episode quality by the number of gnarly zombie kills and that "talking is boring".

I'm the opposite, so 'Clear' is the no brainer blue ribbon winner
Flag
Clear was clearly perfect for so many reason...

but my personal favorite is The Killer Within because you could see the emotional punch on everybody (even Daryl). And it was about the only time the friendship between T-Dog and Carol was featured in a meaningful way.

I still miss T-Dog.
Flag
Also when Lori dies because …. obvious reasons.

Flag
Staff
Yeah it was interesting how they did that death. I've found it intriguing to see where they've strayed from the graphic novels and in what way.
Flag
Agreed!
Flag
It made her death a deliberate choice to protect her children rather than a random accident in front of her husband.

It enhanced the Lori character in a way the comics may have not done.
Flag
"This Sorrowful Life" and "Clear" tie for 1st for me - they're both so exquisite in drastically different ways.
Flag
This Sorrowful Life was paericularly poetic for a zombie stoy (if you ever wonder why girls like The Walking Dead, this is one of the reasons)
Flag
Lori dies!!! yeaaaaaahhhhhhhh
Flag
"Goodnight love", that's what always breaks me (and Carl standing silent as his father crumbles on the ground)
Flag
I agree with everything on this list except I would replace Interment and When the Dead Come Knocking with Infected and Days Gone Bye, with Too Far Gone, Besides the Dying Fire, Guts, and TS-19 right behind the other 10
Flag
Season 1: Days Gone Bye, Guts and TS-19

Season 2: Pretty Much Dead Already, 18 Miles Out, Better Angels, and Besides the Dying Fire

Season 3: Seed, Sick, Killer Within, Made to Suffer, Clear, and This Sorrowful Life

Season 4: Internment and Too Far Gone
Flag
Nothing at all from the first season? Seems memories are short lived. I would've thought either "Guts" or "TS-19" might have found a way in.
Flag
Staff
I was surprised by that too!
Flag
Yeah the entire first season was what set the stage for the rest and there were some great episodes that viewers just don't care about anymore :/
Flag
I think Prey should've been on the list. Best episode!
Flag
All these episodes are great, I voted for 'This Sorrowful Life'! I will NEVER forget that scene when Daryl sees his brother as a zombie and his tearful reaction.I gotta admit it,that scene got to me emotionally and is why I've been a Daryl fan since the beginning!And in my opinion,Merle died a hero trying to take out the Governor and his men!It might not be consider the best episode in the series but it's one that the Daryl fans won't soon forget!!
Flag
Staff
Yeah that scene with Daryl & Merle really hit a nerve with me, too!
Flag
This is my favourite, not only because of Daryl's reaction but also because I liked Merle's redemption arc.
Flag
To me, it wasn't that he was the good guy, but that he was the good brother. That Merle stayed true to that part of his identity, for Daryl, for Michonne, for anyone who needed it.

He died a rascal, but at his core Merle was still protecting his baby brother from an abusive father figure that was just waiting to use him as punching bag. And that still bring tears to my eyes.
Flag
Staff
Yes! I really thought Merle was going to become like, a GOOD guy.
Flag
Merle made me cry!

I never thought an actor would make feel his character's death so much. He was the greatest (and I don't say that often)!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members