A The Walking Dead Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on AMC

You now what's scarier than a grumpy muscular lady with a katana? A grumpy muscular lady with a katana ON A HORSE! The Photoshop department at AMC has slapped together a poster for The Walking Dead's fourth season in anticipation of Comic-Con, and Michonne is riding a horse.

So hey look at this poster! (Click on it to open a new tab with the full-resolution image.)

Rick's there with his revolver, Daryl's there with his crossbow, and Tyreese is wielding his hammer like he's Black Thor from the hardware store. Everyone looks entirely badass! But there's no way Michonne and Tyreese are getting out of the predicaments the appear to have found themselves in. Hey Michonne, instead of posing for the camera like you're George frickin' Washington, why not hack off some of the zombie arms that are tearing into your ankles? And Tyreese, maybe a hammer isn't the best weapon to bring to a zombie fight? Just my two cents.

Which brings us to the following very important poll:

poll

The Walking Dead returns this October on AMC.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/3/2016

Season 6 : Episode 16

50 Comments
Comments (50)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Katana or a machete would be my choices. Machete mainly. Weapons that need to be reloaded can suck because carrying the ammo can also be very loud.
Flag
Personally, I've had to come to peace with the realization that I would not last a day in the zombie apocalypse without a strong group to protect me. (Hey, don't judge! I can pull my weight with the holding down the fort chores!) And there's no way that I'm prepared to have to make the kind of hard decisions that the people in charge have to. (The Walking Dead game was so stressful! I can't make that kind of decision in an instant. Oh crap, I didn't even think of the possible long-term ramifications of that split-second reaction!) So I don't think any of those weapons would be my weapon of choice. But all of those weapons can be the best weapon, in the right person's hands. What good would a crossbow or katana be in the average untrained person's hands? Even a revolver takes some practice to have any accuracy. And sure, the hammer seems like a lousy choice in Tyreese's circumstance above. But for those of us who have read the books, we know that he can clear out entire cell blocks of zombie prisoners with just his trusty hammer!
Flag
Revolvers have to be reloaded. Crossbows have to be reloaded. Overall the gun and bow are perfect for long distance.
Thor Hammer will most likely take a few good swings to get the job done.
The Katana is a weapon of sweet sweet perfection. Up close and personal, Perfect kill with each and every swing!!! (regardless this one is MY choice and I wouldn't be shy about using a gun either) ;-)
Flag
Katana seems nice slicing and chopping; but if a big group of zoms were rushing toward you, I'll take a revolver anytime and 1st reduce their numbers from a distance b4 they get too near. Then I'll reach for my Katana ! :)
Flag
The Walking Dead season 3: EPIC.
Flag
If i woke up one morning to find a zombie apocalypse, my weapon of choice would be all of the above and whatever else I can carry to the hills or my nearest island. Still waiting for the day when the US government decide to release this darn virus, if they don't hurry up, I'll end up playing the role of Dale and that would be just my luck. *roll-eyes*
Flag
Michonne and the horse caught my eye immediately... LOL, I love it
Flag
BFG
Flag
The only thing cooler than Michonne on a horse would be Michonne on a unicorn.

As for the weapon, I like the slicing action of the Katana. It's like a portable guillotine. I wish though that Walking Dead would introduce some more creative ways to kill zombies, for comic effect. They could use a lawnmower, like in Braindead. Or since the spend a lot of time in the countryside, it shouldn't be hard to find a combine harvester. With that thing they could drive into a giant horde of hundreds of zombies and just mow them down, no bullets needed. Have they used a flame thrower yet? I can't remember.
Flag
Michonne on a pegasus?
Flag
Katana of course.
Flag
The katana would definitely be more practical, but I am a sucker for some Hammer Time!
Flag
I'mma flip ma classy weave and flip dem zombie peeps wit kitchen knife!
Flag
Ain't nobody got time for that.
Flag
Hahahaha.. I laughed soo hard :D
Flag
Why don't they just use a recurve bow? A lot faster reload than a crossbow. Not as quick to fire but still seems like someone would use one.
Flag
I was going to go with Revolver, but I've seen this show enough to know better: Katana it is.
Flag
I'd prefer the crossbow in order to take the zombies down from a distance. At close range though, I'd go with a katana or legs (to get me the hell out of there)
Flag
I was thinking the same thing - the black people on the poster are screwed.
Flag
More ghost Lori, please!
Flag
Said no one, ever...
Flag
Staff
Where's Carl? - Lori Grimes
Flag
It's kinda fun to read the discussion.
Flag
I can't wait! I hope the new writer will be better and not kill off more of the main characters (still, haven't read the comics any further). I wish they hadn't killed Milton and Andrea... I hope the governor goes fast in the new season. It would get a little boring if the whole season was about him again.
Flag
... That's a pretty wicked cool poster!
Flag
Can't wait for it to start!!!!
Flag
Good luck with your hammer.
Flag
Flag
Flag
Flag
Aw hail naw! Dayum! Shoo gurl...wut happened? Hold up! Wut da hail!?!? Y'all are like invisble n stuff! Dat shiieeet be like voodoo magic fo realz yo...
Flag
Weapons-wise, anything thats loud or needs reloading isn't the best choice - the excludes all gunpower, and crossbows. Anything thats heavy or has a too-short range isn't good either, like axes. Blunt weapons aren't completely ideal either, like baseball-bats or hammers. A katana or a machete are the ultimate weapons in a zombie-infested world. I love the katana because it's awesome, but I think a machete is much more practical when you're on the move, and also easier to wield. MACHETE FTW.
Flag
Double Machete and a Katana backup!
Flag
in zombie apocalypse , silent weapon is the deadliest one ,
Crossbow has limited ammo

Katana in the other hand , can be useable many times until it breaks
the downside it would be hard to kill or even break bones with it .. ( in reality )

hammar would be good for close combat to smash brains , but it would stuck in a zombie's face or the handle would break after multiple uses ...

chuck norris would use zombie bones to kill a zombie with it , just like what Glenn did in that one episode .. that was badass move !
Flag
Actually, the showed on an episode of Mythbusters that a katana can easily decapitate a person.
Flag
Hmm even a butterknife could cut through bones with the right power & will.. So a katana can definitely cut through bones rather easily.. A katana should even be able to cut through steel..
Flag
if katana get cracked and rusty after multiple uses it won't cut anything , and even break if used on hard object !

in the show they would show Michonne maintain the katana with special oil .. because without that , it would get rusty from zombies blood and fluid
and it would be as good as Butter knife ..
Flag
Well the katana always looks shiny if there isn't any blood on it.. So I think we have to assume she maintains it as good as possible..
Flag
how can a butterknife cut through bone?
Flag
Very slowly.
Flag
Well, if you've got a day or two to kill and nothing better to do, I can show you, but its not a fast or easy process.
Flag
Aug/Sep/Oct- Breaking Bad, NFL, Walking Dead. My life will be COMPLETE! Poster looks great btw. I'd like to think I'm heavier, clumsier, out of shape Michonne. A girl can dream.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members