A The Walking Dead Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on AMC

The Walking Dead S06E08: "Start to Finish"

Well, another half season of The Walking Dead  came to an end and it was totally... not that great? For an episode that started off with a metaphor so very heavy-handed (we're all meat eaten by ants!), the rest of "Start to Finish" could barely lift its arms to throw a knockout punch that typically comes with a "finale," half-season or otherwise. The Walking Dead has whiffed on finales before, particularly when they didn't feel like finales at all but just another episode (Season 4's "A" stands out as the biggest offender), and that's pretty much what happened here. If the final scene of Rick and "his people" walking into a mob of walkers covered in zombie chum was enough to tide you over until February, then you must have some very interesting stuff going on in your life in December and January.

And it wasn't even the fact that no one technically died (though if you're here looking for that answer, you can probably cross out Deanna as she got bit), it was that "Start to Finish" teased a big episode but never had the beginning-middle-end structure, something that should definitely be used before a show goes off the air for a few months. It just sort of ended, like if I started writing this sentence and then

"Start to Finish" attempted to build up some big thematic loss of Alexandria as the zombies took over the streets, with characters murmuring stuff about what kind of place Alexandria could be (and WILL be, said the optimists). That's a noble pursuit as the loss of paradise is classic storytelling, but this ramshackle town full of idiots was never appropriately built into anything great, was it? Ever since Rick and his survivors showed up, it's been pretty crappy, actually. People murdered each other, zombies showed up by the thousands, and invaders scalped half of the town's redshirts. So while "Start to Finish" may have been all, "Oh, I'm going to miss this place," the real answer was, "Good riddance, Moronsville." 

And boy were the citizens of Moronsville living up to their name! A special shoutout to my man Ron for giving Spencer a go as Alexandria's dumbest. Following the mass immigration of zombie refugees into Alexandria, the survivors holed up in houses for safety. Apparently Ron thought that was the prefect time to take a shot at Carl for hitting on Enid and for having a dad who killed Ron's dad. He pointed a gun at Carl, they scuffled, and in the process let a bunch of zombies into the house. I get it, teenagers do stupid things. But an act of idiocy of this magnitude was less believable than the dead rising from the grave. Ron tried to shoot Carl during a zombie standoff because he was THAT jealous right then and there? What was he going to tell the others, a zombie shot Carl? Ron has been a problem all season long, present only to cause mayhem without any time spent on bolstering his motivation for mayhem. Give me a scene of him crying over his dad's death, or peeping in on Rick licking Jessie's face, or—to build up his psycho-ness—snapping the neck of a kitten. Otherwise, he just looks DUMB, and that's exactly how he came off.

And did you hear the sound of about 15 million viewers slapping themselves in the forehead last night? That happened as Rick and the others covered themselves in zombie guts and snuck among the walkers to escape their prison in the anti-climactic final scene of 2015. But it wasn't the recycled idea of masking the human scent with putrid zombie innards that had people facepalming, it was Sam, Jessie's youngest and cowardest. The little frightened turd has been holed up in his room, listening to vinyl, playing with Legos, and enjoying room service this entire season, and three steps out of the house he ruined everything by calling out for mommy while pretending to be a zombie. Cut to black! Zombies don't call out for the moms, kid. I'm terrible with guessing the ages of kids, but I pegged him as around 12 or 13, which meant he shouldn't be this much of a wuss. 

If Season 6 was all about winnowing down who was worth saving and who wasn't because they're already dead, then "Start to Finish" once again proved Rick's point that most of these Alexandrians weren't worth saving. Except his hot piece of ass, of course. But Rick couldn't tell Jessie to leave her awful kids behind, and he got burned for it. Actually, a pep talk from Deanna supposedly convinced us that Rick had accepted that the Alexandrians were "his people" now and that he was a changed man, which is kind of a crock of shit because Rick wouldn't change his philosophy just because a dying woman told him how great he was. Do you remember how adamant Rick was about not saving people who were beyond saving? We've seen everyone learn a lesson about Rick's extreme rules of letting morons die, so maybe it was time for Rick to learn it again, too. The next lesson he needs to learn: even though Jessie gives it up, her kid baggage isn't with it. Ditch them all, Rick!  

But it wasn't just the Alexandrians operating on half a brain. In a very disappointing move, Carol, one of the show's more reasonable characters, decided that a zombie attack would be the perfect time to kill the member of the Wolves that Morgan had hidden in his basement. I've talked about how Morgan's no-kill ideals and how they clashed with the rest of the group's objectives has worked, mostly because of Lennie James and the Morgan-centric episode "Here's Not Here," but putting it front and center as Carol bum rushed the Wolf guy and Morgan had to stand between them while Carol threatened to kill Morgan just to get to the Wolf guy DURING A ZOMBIE ATTACK was drama for the sake of drama and a total rookie mistake. Carol, what were you doing? I've gone to the mat do declare how great you are, and here it seemed like you've been in Alexandria too long and contracted Stupiditis. 

"Start to Finish" had the setup to be a fantastic episode of The Walking Dead and a worthy midpoint to what's been a bumpy season. Had the episode explored Rick's conundrum about who to save, we'd be having a much more pleasant discussion. Instead, characters inexplicably acted like dunderheads because the writers thought that the endless flood of zombies into the safe zone wasn't enough to provide drama. That completely backfired, and what we were left with was a very disappointing mid-season finale that resolved nothing.

FESTERING BITEMARKS

– "Start to Finish" gave us very little from the rest of the group, and that's a byproduct of splitting everyone up. Maggie climbed into the watch tower and that was it for her. Glenn and Enid got into a squabble and climbed a tree. Spencer and Heath were completely absent, which was the only way that Spencer survived. Aaron was a no show, too. And for what? What did we see that was so important that we couldn't get updates on these characters? Deanna telling Michonne to find what she wants? Puh-lease.

– Meanwhile, Abraham, Daryl, and Sasha got the odd two-minute prologue that appeared during the first commercial break of Into the Badlands. Here it is, if you didn't catch it before. 

– So Sam cried out like a little baby, but Judith didn't make a peep while tucked under a bed-sheet poncho covered in zombie guts? Sam, even a baby is showing you up!

– I like how Rick ran upstairs to keep Judith from crying during the zombie attack and then found enough time to have a chat with Deanna while the zombies were still trying to break in downstairs. 

– Would you have slid your guns over to the Wolves guy like Tara and Rosita did, or would you have just shot him in the head like everyone has been doing to zombies since the show started? 

– Again, that Carol Morgan fight... UGH. Their bickering allowed the Wolves guy to escape and take Denise hostage. Why was everyone so dumb in this episode? 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/3/2016

Season 6 : Episode 16

454 Comments
Comments (454)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I am totally sick of all of these shows coming back for a few months and then sticking some other show in it's place then after 3 months putting it back on the schedule. I liked the old way. Start a season in Sept and go to May like they used to. Then summer reruns then back to Sept.
I haven't enjoyed the walking dead this time. The truck backing into the lake and all the other things the idiots did. I was hoping Rick's son would be a gone or lose that stupid hat. He makes me sick.
Flag
All I can say going into this mid season premier is Morgan, Glenn, and Mr. dirty double D better meet Lucille sooner rather than later, if the show wants to get back in my good graces:-/ #7season's&AMOVIE^#JUSTDIEALREADY! !! LOL!
Flag
No one seemed to figure out that Deanna did NOT get bit. She fell on her hip and hit a sharp jagged circular object.
I kept thinking it will be a shame for her to be killed because everyone thinks she was bitten. She was not.
Flag
Why didn't they just knock out that young coward and have Rick or better, Deaton, carry him away over his shoulder?
Flag
Well, there is one good thing about this episode, and that is I won't miss the show during the break. I just hope the producers don't put another piece of crap on like Fear the Walking Dead.

There is one thing though that has bugged me since season two. If this zombie-camouflage thing works so well, why don't the characters use it more often? They could go shopping for stuff and not have to worry so much about the zombie-equivalent of the Black Friday rush.

They could do something like this:

I found this on the net. Just put some zombie in a blender and put the juice in a spray bottle, even a manual spray bottle. Enough said.
Flag
They only remember it when the producers can't come up with a different way to get out.
Flag
Here come the zombies:

Alexandria's Been overrun

Flag
I have to say that a lot of the posts on the reviewer sites are negative. Not just at this site. The show has 13 million viewers every week. Where is all the people who like the show? I am calling you out right now. I have been watching this show since season one. I have never read the comics. Maybe when TWD ends for good. I have never posted anything on a reviewer site. My point is only negative trolls post on these sites. The point of critiquing an episode is not meant to criticize everything that the show does. Get a grip. This is a show about the dead coming back to eat you…. LOL… Critique defined --- evaluate (a theory or practice) in a detailed and analytical way.
Analytical way? LOL the reviewers and 90% of the posters don’t have a clue how a real analytical mind should work. This is not being done in any way on these reviewer sites. There all negative. Look on Rotten Tomatoes you always see a bad score for just about every episode of TWD. Tell me why 13 million HOUSEHOLDS watch on a weekly basis? Because it’s a badly written show? Is the reviewer saying millions of people are dumb and not sophisticated? This is not a show based on reality. It’s a show about what might happen in the TWD reality. You can’t use real life to critique this show.

This show is a drama in the Horror genre. Please review the show with some sort of balance. Your job is to critique the show not to find all the holes in this fantasy world of TWD. I only read them as a recap for my mind or out of curiosity with all the negative BS that these reviewers and posters spew. It blows my mind week after week there are so many bad reviews but still 13 million households watch. HUH??

A good reviewer puts themselves in the shoes of the characters and really feels like he or she is in this reality of the TWD. They do not criticize their actions! They feel their actions! You don’t think what you would do! YOU LIVE THROUGH THE CHARACTER! The amateurish writing on most of the reviewer sites is sad to see. As is the unsophisticated post on these sites.

A good show pulls you into that world and TWD has easily accomplished that. Is every episode what I WANT? Isn’t that the issue with most of these posts and reviews? People are too selfish these days. IT’S ABOUT WHAT I WANT! That’s what I see in most of these posts and reviews is anger that you didn’t get what you want. GROW UP! It’s a fiction! It’s not about YOU! Yeah sometimes every episode isn’t perfect but it’s the best show on TV.

I am so tired of you unsophisticated reviewers and posters not understanding the show. Maybe you reviewers are just jealous that a show about zombies is the number one show on TV. Maybe you think that a show with murder, mayhem and monsters is beneath yourself. I can only speculate that you never liked the old zombie movies from the 70s and 80s and you can’t fathom that a show like this is mainstream. I KNOW IT DRIVES YOU NUTS! Doesn’t it?

It shows the reality of people in a world that changes characters into something else. Comparable to monster humans for the most part. I think some of you negative nannies out there fear that this is how we compare in the real world. IT MIGHT BE. People in the U.S. are becoming more introverted every day. People don’t even know how to talk to each other anymore. See Republican leaders? See Trump supporters? See terrorist? See mass shootings? See gridlock in congress? See the Fear mongering? See the selfish 1% and the other 48 percent of regular people that agree with them .These are bumbling idiots in our country.

The evolution of the mind in this country is declining. Overall consciousness of the mind is also in decline. People are dumbing down to their core instinct. Allah the Walking dead comes in and shows the same type of thing people at their base instincts.

Kirkman imagined this reality and it reflects on our society as he comes from our society. He is using his own understanding of our society to decide how his characters react in there reality. I think that reviewers and negative posters subconscious is kicking in and causing this negative reaction to TWD because it’s really a reflection of our society. Most of us could never even imagine this reality of TWD but the sad truth is we live with the walking dead everyday of our lives AND THAT BLOWS YOUR MIND!
Thank You for your time.
Rich
More+
Flag
Subconsciously people just want their to be an endgame, even if they don't know it! PS TWD has so many viewers as the same reason Arrow is like number 2 in the top 10 on this site. People love to HAVE WATCH a show they used to love. I do agree about your comments about the states of the American public, and the political process:-/
Flag
If The Walking Dead jumped off a cliff, would 13 million households follow? Your long-winded, repetitive rant, posted above, seems to represent a resounding yes.

Meanwhile, sophisticated, analytical types would be standing there, saying, "wow, 13 million households just jumped off a cliff." Kind'a like we've been saying about this show.
Flag
Thank you! Couldn't have said it better myself. It isn't meant to be how you would do it .... it's fiction ffs!!
There are some good reviewers out there but some (especially here) are always negative whatever happens. I shouldn't really read it but I do, if just to marvel at the extreme nitpicking!
Criticism is great but the constant negativity is just tiring. I enjoy this show, it's one of my favorites. It has it's flaws as do they all but it would be wonderful if they found people to review shows that were actually fans of said shows and didn't seem like they were reviewing under sufferance! (see 'The Strain' on here for a great example!).
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I give Sam just a little more slack for the situations that have so far shaped his young life, his abusive father, passive onlookers to such in the community and family, an apocalypse (unseen maybe but sheltering in that he's kinda alone at his age and told the monsters are all around somewhere), the new resident who killed his dad, even if he was a bad porch dick, and the new resident who alludes deeply to his death by walkers after being tied to a tree if he doesn't keep a secret (which he has at least one drawing of ~ thanks Carol for your tough love from the other side which came across as scarring). Jessie telling him just pretend to be someone else, fake being brave . . . works better in solitude than on the road full of creatures that go bump in the night and day (he needed blinders and ear muffs to get through to pretend in that mob.)
Flag
You're right, It's REALLY his parents fault he's so annoying, and will probably die soon.
Flag
I finally finished watching the episode. Watching TWD has become such a chore that I manage watching only five minutes a day, which means it takes me a week to finish an episode. When an episode of an entertaining show ends I'm sad and can't wait for the next episode. But when an episode of TWD ends I'm relieved that it's finally over, and sad that the next one is just around the corner. Watching people be massively stupid during a zombie apocalypse is just that frustrating.

And what's wrong with Sam? Have they explained it yet? Is he intellectually disabled?
Flag
I continue to watch the show because it often has a great moment of acting, story, and/or crafting (sometimes all of those things at once), plus it's a rare genre on tv. I don't feel like quitting it, but often it does feel like a drag to get through it mostly because of writer decisions/intentions that are evident until the puzzle is completed or just weird calls on being artistic, but my interest or patience is already spent on the roller coaster.

I don't Sam is wrong, just broken by the rush of reality and loss . . his monsters under the bed are now quite real.
Flag
I suspected the abysmal season as soon as I heard the producers ranting about how this season, 'was going to be the most epic yet', 'really going to be non-stop action-hard hitting', etc, This is what happens when producers get too comfy, and when they've been with the project a bit too long. They loose perspective.

This season had such great potential, but the entire season has been an utter disappointment.

The article sums it up nicely with more detail but basically the group has brought destruction to Alexandria. Freeing up the Zombie man-trap, the Zombie's have now invaded Alexandria, a couple of the group has been lost, and what else? Not much.

Whenever I hear how 'beautifully written' an episode is, that's code words for "we're going to waste your time with some creative nonsense'. We didn't need the only 90 minute episode to tell the story about how Morgan became such a wussy. I was so glad to see Morgan's character, now I can't wait until someone kills him or shows him the door. GET OUT! But this is like the entire season has gone, slow and more or less pointless.

Remember season 2's "Stuck at the Farm' yawn inducing year long bore? Well, this is "Stuck at the Farm - Par Deux" with half the excitement (if that's possible) and a smaller thread of story.

It's time for Scott Gimple and several others to go before they completely ruin this fantastic story.

More+
Flag
Well, I just watched the 2 minute scene with Daryl & Co. for the first time. They should have just put that in the damn episode..

I had no doubt that Sam was gunna do something stupid and fuck it all up for them at the end, so it was no surprise to me. But then again the way this show's been going as of late I'm sure they're all fine, even if the way they survive is completely ludicrous and absurd..
Flag
I was sorry to see the end of Alexandria. I knew it had to happen; they can't let the gang be happy and thrive, but it was still sad. I tend to like it when they have a place to call home and the show can concentrate on the problems of keeping that place safe. I was hoping they could stay put long enough for Judith to grow up a bit.

It saddened me to see Sam's decline. He was always a serious and sensitive boy, but in the last couple of eps, he has become so haunted by his circumstances. In TWD time, he lost his dad less than a week ago. The infantile picture he was drawing shows he has regressed into an earlier stage of childhood. In other words, he's going to be a pain from now on.

I've always liked Coral, but until now I've never really appreciated how he just got on with it. He just accepted his new life almost without question. He's pragmatic and a realist. He didn't fall into a depression like poor Sam. Coral is a lot like his dad. He has a natural toughness.

This half season had its ups and downs, just like any season of any show. I understand they were trying to build tension with Glen's absence, but honestly, after the first week (during which they wasted my time with Morgan's backstory) I figured he was alive and they were just milking the tension.
More+
Flag
Actually, I feel Carl is like Carol more than Rick. He knows he's not what his father still think he is and he has come to terms with it.

Then again, no one killed his mom for him, Carl did so himself in order to save Maggie and Judith. It pushed him into a position not even Daryl has been put in, much less Sam.
Flag
Actually, I think we are watching Carol becoming unhinged. Her attack on Morgan in the midst of a zombie rampage made no sense, and she didn't look quite sane.
Flag
Carol was trying to save both Denise, she would've killed Morgan to kill that wolf because she had someone to save right there with them.

Problem is: Morgan wasn't thinking about Denise, he wasn't thinking about the wolf he was trying to save, he was only focussed on Carol. He would've saved her to save him.

That only ended up with what Carol feared the most: Denise/Sofia/Beth taken by the wolf/zombie/stranger she was trying to save them from all over again.

I could write a whole article just about the 2 of them, they have been one of the most fascinating things about this season.
Flag
You're right about that. In the end I think there will only be room enough for one of them in the group.
Flag
Can someone please help me to kill of Morgan, he is so pissing me off with his shit ideals of all life is precious. The world is to shit, with zombies everywhere, and he is trying to rehabilitate a wolf, who will kill everyone in Alexandria if he has the chance. Not everyone can be rehabilitated, some people don't WANT to change. He is so annoying, and now the Wolf is walking outside with the Lesbian Nurse.

And seriously how dumb are those kids, Ron trying to kill Carl, because "we are all dead", and Sam being an annoying lil turd, surrounded by walkers and calling for mommy, wtf.

I hope they ditch the Alexandrians and get on the road with the core group, let the Alexandrians be eaten, they can't make it.

And Machone, "it can still work, it can be done, even now", come on Machone, how desperate are you, you have been around in the world, you know how it is.
Flag
Then again, Ron is the most adolescent among them. Where Enid and Sam grew up all of the sudden, Ron is acting like a normal teenager would: ready to do whatever he wants to do the most before death strikes him.

Problem is: what he wants to do the most is to kill Carl. Not the man that shot his dad, not his mom for liking said man, not even Diana for giving the order, Ron wants to kill Carl because he just wants it.

Ron knows he's going to die and he wants to murder Carl before that happens.
Flag
Well tbh i think Ron wants to kill Carl, because of Enid, he sees him as taking his girlfriend.

But still your probably right, he is being a teenager, it's the end of the world, i can do anything because we will all die.
Flag
Ron's Dad wanted to kill Rick because he was taking his woman, not because he actually cared about the woman in question, but because she was his and Rick "was ruining things".

Ron doesn't act out of a sense of ownership, it's not like Rick fighting to get Carol back at the Hospital, it's not like his Dad trying to make a claim on Jessie, he wants to kill Carl and would like to kill him even if Enid would not be in the picture.
Flag
"Why was everyone so dumb in this episode?"
Because that'how TWD works since season 1.
Survival of the dumbest.

Seriously, this show is only capable of creating plot by letting people do stupid things - which is usually a sign of bad writing.
"We need a way to get the walkers into the house to create drama? OK, let's to Ron something stuuuupid."

No real life people would act that dumb like the characters on TWD - and those are the survivors of a zombie apocalypse!

I know only one other show where people are that stupid, and that's
FEAR THE WALKING DEAD. Oh what are the odds...
Flag
Seriously, this show is only capable of creating plot by letting people do stupid things - which is usually a sign of bad writing.

Yeah. Far too often that's the way TWD rolls and it is bad writing.

But not always. Carol has matured into a seasoned warrior with quick, spot-on instincts. At least until this episode with her unbelievably bad choice to take on Morgan with just a trench knife.

Why did she do that? If she was determined to go through Morgan she needed a gun.

And geez louise, why did Tara and Rosita just slide over their guns to the Worlf? And once they did, why didn't the Wolf shot everyone dead right then? He could still use Denise as hostage or zombie bait.
Flag
That's exactly what I mean with bad writing:
the character does something very stupid and untypical because it serves the plot. That's usually something you see in very bad soap operas.
Definitely not in quality drama, where I expect consisted character developement.
Flag
Hey kids! You can get Carol's knife for $9.99 from BUDK Knives. The perfect stocking stuffer for Christmas because no one expects the Zombie Apocalypse. Fun video.

Flag
Really, HOW MUCH BUDK? SRSLY. I would rather lose it like the rest of America, and buy a gun w/ a crap ton of ammo. Instead of the scene you conveniently forgot to show. You know the last scene we saw of Carol getting the knife( &CONSCIOUSNESS ) slapped out her hand, because she should of had a GUN! Funny video though.
Flag
I seriously just told my husband I wanted that knife for Christmas. Not kidding.
Flag
Good for you! I'm tempted myself.
Flag
I was hoping Negan would have caved Glens head in by now (right the frak in) then he can move onto everyone else and rename the show to the Walking Negan.
Flag
Like I said before, some of the characters storylines they explored in this 40 min mid-season finale where everyone is surrounded by an army of Walkers was so out of place and weird. Firstly, exploring Carol-Morgan with the Wolf was not something you'd think would form one of two main storylines in a mid - season finale. It was basically a confliction of philosophies, and don't even get me started on Morgan's no kill attitude. I get where he's coming from, all "life is precious" and after what he's done and what he's lost, and the way he's become who is - I still don't understand how his philosophy will be bought by any viewer or character for that matter. It is plain stupid. Talking about the storylines covered in this ep - where was Daryl and co. was what i was firstly annoyed about. With the alternate storytelling week to week from Alexandria to the others outside it - I was expecting a finale where all characters and there whereabouts were brought back together in the SAME episode. But no! Thankfully, the epilogue and Negan reveal ^ seems to fix a bit of that, and with the exciting reveal, that scene was actually better than the whole cliched and typical 40 min of TWD i saw. Another weird bit of writing was that Michonne - Deanne talk which everyone seems to be surprised by. I get that it came out of no where and for this it was weird to include it in a concluding finale - but I guess they have use someone in desperation to get more humanity out of Michonne. This certainly did that but I didn't relate to some of the facial expressions and reactions of Michonne in that scene - out of place. Apart from this, Maggie falling, Carol tripping and all that repetitive cr*p makes me think, under all that adrenaline - for once, why can they never show someone actually sprinting for once! Run like a normal f in person and fight at the same time if you want. Even Rick fell over!!
More+
Flag
Where to begin...

They actually had Carol do the horror-film-girl-trips-and-falls move? Carol? Carol?!! Then Maggie trips and does the slow, incompetent climb up the ladder that she's probably climbed so much she can do it in 5 secs with one hand tied behind her back. I kept waiting for Rosita to trip and twist her ankle resulting in Eugene needing to grab her gun and save her. What the actual fuck, TWD. Stop dumbing down the smart, efficient ones! Is incompetency contagious in the ZA because if it is they need to get the hell away from the Alexandrians.

I love Danai Gurira but man some of her acting this episode was so over the top. When Deanna asks her what she wants and she grimaces like she's about to take out her katana and start whacking off some zombie heads, it was so strange. And don't even get me started on the weird Deanna/Michonne relationship that they forced on us for this episode. Deanna had a connection with Maggie not Michonne and Maggie is the one who should have been written into those scenes at Deanna's death bed if that's the route they were taking. Personally I still wouldn't have given two craps about Deanna's death even if Maggie were there, but it would have made more sense that way. I've never been so happy to see a bite mark on someone and I was getting pissed at how much repetitive screen time they were wasting on her. "But what do YOU want, Michonne?" Just stfu and die already, Deanna!

Why in the hell would Jessie tell Sam to turn off the music rather than recognizing that her child is beginning to lose it and do it herself? Not like it was important for it to be off or anything. Not like noise being a concern was brought up more than once during the episode and yet not one of those idiots went to his room to turn off the song...no let's just tiptoe through the tulips of this zombie invasion.

Are we supposed to believe that Deanna giving Rick the same ludicrous spiel that she's been giving him since they met suddenly turned him around and now he sees all the Alexandrian morons as his people? Because hell fricking no would this Rick take the same care and consideration with the Alexandrians as he has with his own group. And I loved that they made him balk at her request that he watch over Spencer like his own. That was seriously the only part of the whole damn episode that I liked and found believable. And his comment to the priest? Huh? I hope it was just Rick being Rick and telling him "yeah sure whatevs, douchebag."

Glenn and Enid...pointless. So Enid who barely knows Maggie would suddenly be concerned when she finds out she's pregnant? Doubtful.

Did they have a world record-breaking seamstress in the room with them upstairs?

Carol and Morgan. I just can't with this. I just can't. But I'm going to anyway! I get Carol's logic of "I will kill you to kill him to save them" because Morgan so far is proving to be more of a hazard than a help and now another damn Wolf is free because of his stupidity which may result in lives being lost that would have otherwise been going strong if said Wolf had been exterminated. But no way in hell would Carol be strong in a fight against Morgan so that part was ridiculous. And I can't wait to see what the outcome is in regards to Morgan once they realize that he held a wolf who has now taken their doctor. And so help me if Morgan doesn't start to change his way of thinking even a little bit after this, I will fast forward through every scene with him from that point on.

So to wrap up my dissertation on the TWD mid season finale...was that the dullest cliffhanger ever? I can't recall the other seasons. I would have had a gun go off in the room with Wolf, Doctor, Tara, Rosita and Eugene with the viewer not knowing who was shot. I would have had Glenn watch as the platform Maggie was on started to collapse. I would have included Aaron somewhere. Dammit, where was Aaron! And I would have had Sam yell loudly drawing the attention of the walker closest to him who bites him (bye bye, Sam) and walker heads turn to look. *end scene*

At this point I wonder if even the actors are reading the script and going "Uhhh. Really?" It seems like they're either overdoing it with their acting to make up for the lackluster writing or they're phoning it in and seem to have one foot out the door.

More+
Flag
Problem with Morgan is that he already lost everybody, so he doesn't think about those that would only get killed and/or tortured by the tortured lives he saves.

Carol, on the other hand, doesn't like killing. She's only doing it to save those that would only get turtured and/or killed by the tortured lives she spares.

If Morgan could still feel the way he used to for Duane or his wife, he wouldn't let any wolf go. If Carol couldn't feel/care as much as she dpes, then she would allow anyone to leave for it wouldn't be her problem who do they kill.
Flag
That's a great analysis especially of Morgan. He isn't truly connected to anyone anymore so it's easier for him to just say "Meh, all life's precious. All life matters blah, blah, blah" whereas someone who has people they love dearly knows that feeling of "I'll do anything to protect these people...even kill if I have to."
Flag
I feel is why Rick shares this unspoken understanding with Carol: he has viciously killed to protect the only last person(s) he loved in the wold. He just never thought he could be one of the person(s) too.

Morgan, on the other hand, hasn't felt a strong connection with anyone since his family died, not even the tortured lives he spares. He can't understand Rick, he can't understand Carol, he can't understand Daryl.
Flag
Judith didn't make a noise because Carol hasn't mentally scarred her by death threatening her! That's why Sam was drawing a picture of himself tied to a tree surrounded by walkers - because that's what she threatened him with when he saw her stealing guns. I can see that little secret coming out and Jessie smack the snot out of Carol. I think he's the same age as Carl was in Season one and he was crying half the time, even with a loving family environment, so the kid does deserve a break!

And yes, I'm not sure if Carol's 'concussion' was a fake to get away from Morgan or real due to her complete desperate wackiness when trying to kill that Wolf. The only calm and collected one there was the Wolf. Both Carol and Morgan were doing their best 'too much sugar and coffee' impressions there!
Flag
Actually, Judith doesn't make a noise when zombies attack anymore because she used to be suffocated by Lizzie or get herer neck bend to the breaking point in the nearest cabin.

Judith already knows she'll just die should she make a noise. Sam had been as sheltered as Jessie until Reg died.
Flag
You are married to a doctor. Drug Sam gage him throw him over someone shoulders or drug him lock him in a room. Hate the Kid more than the Priest now....
Flag
This is also Jessie's fault: she only taught Sam to hide whenever his dad turned into a monster. Sam just doesn't know how to function when he can't hide anymore.
Flag
Bizzaro points from this episode
How did carol knock out morgan with a knife?
They are using sofa's now to stop zombies?
The lunatic woman in charge of the town makes up future plans for the town under a zombie attack and michone is on board with her ideas?
They have time to make ponchos and wouldnt you have to smear your face and hair as well?
Have the writers of under the dome hijacked the writers room of the walking dead?
Flag
I believe the knife is also part brass knuckles, so instead of a killing moving, she can go for fight/knock out if she's got the strength.

Sofa probably poses that as temporary object that blocks, gives a little but not completely so it unsettles continued zombie shambling until they finally squeeze by and/or knock over significantly but don't bust thru.

Deanna still kinda shell shocked, falling into that role of thinking about the future, but from her recently dead hubbie's perspective of a builder. She should have thought about the escape sewer instead.

More than the time to make ponchos, nobody went to turn off that loud record player. As for head to toe coverage, you can't mess up the actors pretty faces...

Under the Dome . . wonder what those actors and writers are doing now . . waiting on the blu-ray sales for the series to roll in. Hopefully the money is trapped on the either side of a small dome.
Flag
nice one...the world makes sense again
Flag
Yeah the Michonne/Deanna story arc was really odd and came out of nowhere. I think I'm going to have to watch Under the Dome to see how bad it is since everyone keeps comparing it to the terrible writing on TWD this season.
Flag
“Well… shit.”
"Lock picking is within my skill set."
Carol vs. Morgan was fun to watch
Damn Eugene! the Wolf wanted the guns not his machete!
poor Denise!
Flag
Negan is what is keeping me from quitting the show. I can't wait for him to make his entrance. Once he is part of the story, nothing is going to be dull or boring. In the meanwhile we can have fan with father Gabriel. I would have titled this: I don't enjoy much leftovers.

Flag
I'm not surprised that, under those traumatizing circumstances, people loose their minds and start acting irrational. So the weird illogical behaviour of Ron, Sam and Carol and the crazy people who attacked Alexandria make sense to me.
Flag
So last year we lost a beloved(?) character in a piss poor episode

this year we lost one of the worst characters in TWD's history in another piss poor episode

Well done writers

This has been the second year that the season started off exceptionally great (The first 3 of season 5 and the first 4 of this season) yet had a string of BAAAAAAAD episodes leading up to a very lackluster Mid-Season Finale

I am starting to lose faith in this show

What was the point in Glenn and Enid? a whole season building up to the very predictable fate of Glenn yet he did NOTHING the whole episode? Hmmmmm

WHY isn't Gabriel dead yet? come on show, kill him off

Of all the people Xavier Samuel's ugly brother could have taken, he chose a character NOBODY cares about? yeah, ok then

That 'Prologue' scene with Daryl, Abraham, Sasha and Negan's group was one of the worst acted scenes i have seen in this show

UGH i was SO excited for this episode, and it goes and ruins everything by being a pile of crap

Flag
On Talking Dead, Deanna said that the Alexandrians were "innocent" and not stupid, but I have to disagree. Yes, they weren't affected by the zombies as much, where they were, but there is a difference. They KNEW the world hand changed and what it involved, and they CHOSE to live like that, that is willful ignorance, and stupidity.
Flag
"I'm terrible with guessing the ages of kids, but I pegged him as around 12 or 13, which meant he shouldn't be this much of a wuss."

Go easy on the kid: I'm in my thirties, and if I had to walk single-file out of a house into a zombie horde, with nothing but the word of the man who killed my father to convince me that the rotting human viscera I've rubbed all over myself will protect me from being slowly eaten and dismembered while I beg for death... I might be "that much of a wuss."
Flag
But knowing that sound might make them look and eat you, would you call out for your mom?
Flag
He's traumatised. Carl couldn't stop blubbering at the same age and he had a loving family and didn't come from a house wrecked by Domestic abuse. Carol has threatened to tie him to a tree and let walkers eat him and terrified him telling him he has to kill to not become a monster. He got terrified by the Wolves attack and now the walkers have broken in. Then he walks in on a group of people covering themselves in rotten guts and his mother tells him the only way he can survive is to become of the monsters. I'm surprised he hasn't cracked completely before this.
Flag
True, but for Carl (and the world) it was new. They had never seen it before. To keep him from the trauma of this world was asinine. Blame his mother if you wish, but at his age, he shouldn't be that stupid, and traumatised or not, he should be able to follow simple instructions.
Flag
Don't get why does this show deserve per-episode review but probably Tim Surette likes to torture himself with this boring uninspiring piece of televison. Walking Dead is endless sequence of dissapointments.
Weak characters, weak dialogue, weak script, weak plot. All around it's a mess of a television. Nothing is happened in this episode, like at all!
I guess (along with Z Nation) you can't have good solid zombie show in this world. Zombie movies were always at the level of b-cinema. Particularly, zombie invasion or zombie apocalypse movies and tv shows, because iZombie is doing fine and a lot better than Walking Dead.
Good tense solid quality zombie show can go only for 6 episodes as Walking Dead was good in 1 series. But then, spread the boring, spread the fillers.
But hey survivalists and militia types have to have something to get off of.
Flag
I agree with part of what you said, minus of the iZombie part being good. My REAL gripe is that Kirkman should of never been so egotistical to think a never ending Zombie apocalypse show, that NEVER ENDS? Was a good idea from the get go. They should of had an end game PLANNED OUT, which in my mind they don't. The show was at it's best when they gave that fake-out misleading season 5 comic-con trailer. You know when they had a purpose to team up with cannibals and head to D.C. in hopes of finding a cure! That IMHO was a HUGE missed opportunity on the makers of this show, and is NOW coming back to bite them, no pun intended.

I think for them to get any good faith back from the parts of the audience that they lost/pissed off with that weak MSF, they REALLY need to start killing off some of the main cast. Also having a purpose besides someplace safe, or running from another crazy megalomaniac/slow moving Zombies that should of turned to stinky dust by now. A year and a half has passed since the very first episode? PAAHLEEESE:-(

Look at Carl's growth, and Judith's lack there of. That right there tells me the writers don't know what they're doing. I'm at the point of considering this show a comedy in the likes of GOT HAM?, OR Z-Nation. Sorry TWD team, you only did it yourselves, that most of the audience I feel, will think of the show as I do, well now! No matter how much you promote/promise a new show next year, or an amazing amount of blood to be spilled next half season. Here's looking at you Gimble/Lincoln, SORRY. Wrap it up TWD, you got your lackluster prequal to work on. So just start to wrap things THE PHUK UP!!!
More +
Flag
Don't get why does this show deserve per-episode review but probably Tim Surette likes to torture himself with this boring uninspiring piece of televison. Walking Dead is endless sequence of dissapointments.

Because it is one of the highest rated shows on Television. Not reviewing it would be not doing their job.
Flag
I don't think it's the reason why Tim Surette reviews a show. Ive hear him say many times how awful (bad) Walking Dead is and how he almost forces himself to review it. I guess he's patient. Surette chooses to review a show if it's interesting for him, and as far as I understand many other reviewers on TV.com follow this principle. Many other shows have high ratings but he doesn't review them, does he?
High ratings aren't good reason to review a show. It's a bad reason. CSI has high ratings but it has no reviews. Every newcomer show deserves a review but not every high ratings show deserves longterm reviews.
Many crappy shows have high ratings, anyway.
Flag
Well, I meant that is why TV.com reviews the show. Tim may have volunteered for this gig, or was assigned it because of the success of the show. Maybe he started off loving the show, and now hates it. (That does happen as many things change in the background) maybe he's annoyed because it doesn't fulfill it's potential. Regardless, it is his job, it is an opinion piece, and that is why most entertainment "news" sources review this.
Flag
Yes, one on each site. I never said that you need one, or any. I gave you a multitude of reasons as to why he reviews the show. That is it.
Flag
You mean 1 recap on each site? coz 10-15 on 1 or 5 site is a bit excessive, don't u think? Vulture don't have episode recap of WD, entertainment weekly has one recap. Not every entertainment site has WD recap. And why do you need one? TV.com can just leave community board for WD fans for clicks. Don't think that boss told Surette to write specifically for each WD episode. It was probably either that one or that one show. So he stick to WD and couldn't give it up till this day.
Flag
@assandrojourn Every Monday there are at least 10-15 different reviews of this show on Entertainment Weekly, Rolling Stone, US Weekly, People, Huffington Post and a plethora of other entertainment sources.

His job is what his editor/boss says his job is. I'm sure there are reporters of every kind that don't want to report on a story they follow, but they are assigned it. I'm sure that he chose TWD for whatever his personal reasons, but it is still his JOB.

I do agree that ALL shows need to start with an end in mind. I don't care WHAT show. Supernatural had some issues because they didn't know where to go after season 5, LOST was another show that had a finite story and needed an end date. This one should also plan for it. YES, networks when making ridiculous sums of money want the shows to stay around, but they should still have an end in mind so that we don't just follow blindly.
Flag
His job is to review deserving shows or newcomer shows or shows that attracts him. You don't see Modern Family reviews on TV.com from Surette. Even few years back when Modern Family was at the peak of its ratings.
He actually said in his podcast that he couldn't make humself give up on WD show yet. But if show gonna be like that or weaker he's gonna give up on it completely. Despite ratings.
Are most entertainment sites reviewing WD regularly? Don't think so. WD's hype faded away long time ago. Right now it's a mess that goes via inertia. Showrunners hope that this show could go on forever and it's a giant mistake on their part, therefore show lacks quality tremendously and instead going by quantitiy. They see that ppl still eating this mess (coz there are no quality zombie series out there yet, ZNATION and Fear the Walking Dead are similar waste of time). Its also comic book fans of that particular series and they stick to TV adaptation till the end (coz nerds are famous for their loyalty). And plus there are many survivalists and zombie apocalypse dreamers out there. They all provide for good ratings. But many others that still hope for WD's improving gonna switch to high quality zombie show if it would be one.
More +
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Yes, the absolute worst part of the episode was the idiots who constantly shoot Zombies in the forhead with perfect aim not killing the wolf guy on the spot
Flag
Hey Everyone... Does anyone realize that the Blonde Guy who took D's Bike and Crossbow is DWIGHT??? Yeah they said it in an interview. Now THERE'S something to chew on til February! Apparently his runaway thing is going to be "punished" by Negan with the IRON! Yep, we might even get to see that! The "Wife" is Sherry, also mentioned in the comic.
Flag
This season can't compare with previous seasons. I don't have the comics, or even want to know what went on in them. But, these writers have/had a hit show on their hands. If you have to stray from the comics to keep it a hit, then do so. Each of these episodes has steadily gotten worse........and I think they need to get back to a balance of some good mixed with the evil. A steady stream of bad will fail.
Flag
I agree! I don't read the comics either, but it sounds like they've only made minor changes. I say that if a character/place/storyline is not working on the show, they should be creative enough to write something that works with the actors that they have. Alexandria and its inhabitants may have played a large role in the comics, but it's obviously not working on TV.
Flag
Are we sure Deanna is dead? we are living in a "glenn is alive" world and we haven't see her dead body, maybe she was rescued by the aliens and given a cure (which would be more believable than Glenn's rescue). speaking of, so for a whole hour he and Enid were playing koalas in the tree? and I don't even have a word for idiocy of the gang in the basement with the W guy. what a disappointment of the episode...
Flag
I'm not getting the dumb face of Deanne out of my head where she's climbing up the ladder. Why should I be bothered by her death again? I could not care less. There was no character building leading up to any emotion. Why was her ongoing death important for Rick? "She even cracked some jokes"
Why on earth tripped Carol for no reason?
You know there's something strange going on when Carl is no more the most annoying character in the series.
Flag
Strange, is an understatement.
Flag
That clip from the next episode above gave me hope after Xmas , same as usual from AMC prick teasing bastards LOL Still the episode was marginally better then Bore the Walking Dead sorry Fear the Walking Dead because I cared about the main character the dorks in Alexandrian are walker buffet. Here a list of the good and bad

Bad
This was repeated from the mid season finale when the governor stormed the prison first time
Where were the other dorks getting eaten by the herd ?
Jessie kids got be the dumbest kids in a Zombie apocalypse
Carol and Morgan wasted
Glen wasted with tortise killer Enid (deserves to get eaten after murder that poor Tortise LOL)
Deanna death dragged out too long

Good

Clip above which I missed as I gave up on Badlands as its too slow
I woke up when Maggie got nearly eaten by the herd
Walker kills

Overall disappointing when TWD is good is best thing on TV but then we get this how about Abraham , Daryl and Sasha with Glen storm in big gunfight then fade to black.

Flag
I really enjoy this show, but I HATE the way they bolt out of the gates and just as they build up a good head of steam, they stall as they stop watch the butterflies flutter by.

The first episode of this season was very chilling with discovery of the zombie horde. The momentum was well maintained for a few episodes then it was like the ship hit that place the wind never blows - the doldrums.

It then seemed to stumble zombie like towards last nights episode - each scene felt like the actors were worn out and just wanted to get it done.

I really wish we'd have a season where the momentum is maintained through out and not this mid season crumble crap.

This show has so much going for it and has often been brave enough to really test boundaries - but of late the only claim to fame is that it does not hesitate to kill off its main characters without batting an eyelid.

And I have a question about the series overall - please forgive my ignorance, but why has there never been a winter in any of the seasons ? Are all 6 seasons set during one really long summer ? Was winter killed by the virus/zombies as well ?
More+
Flag
Looking backwards this whole zombie herd thing could have been avoided by throwing some explosives, or something that would burn those zombies to the ground in the very first episode, but if it is like this in the comics, well that's it.... =)
Flag
It's been officially confirmed it's only been a year and a half since the start of the Zombie apocalypse! Hence no Winter Walkers! If you want that, you'd better start watching a better show w/ the BALLS to kill off main characters, that is the "Game of Thrones".
Flag
Or just dig moats around the town.

The problem with zombies are they too stupid of a villain to be left in season after season.

In a movie? Sure, one could say the hero isn't that smart. But after what? 2 years (I'm guessing by Judith's age) ? You'd expect Rick and company to start figuring out how to protect their ground.
Flag
I love all the "they should have just burned them" arguments. Like, with what? The napalm Alexandria has stored alongside the sugar and baking soda? Maybe their stash of short-range white phosphorous missiles? Or was someone just going to shimmy over that massive quarry on a zip line and spend a week dousing individual zombies with a neverending supply of kerosene? I mean, zombies aren't especially flammable---they're still mostly made of water. It takes a lot to cremate a corpse, and we're talking tens of thousands of them. Hurling a bunch of molotovs wouldn't have done anything except cause a stampede... of burning zombies, which I imagine are a bit harder to corral.

As for a moat: Do you have any idea how much work it is to dig a hole? People have to dig a single grave in shifts, and you want them to dig a huge hole all around the town---a hole that's deep enough to hold ten thousand bodies, even if they cluster in one area, like zombies are wont to do? Because if that hole isn't deep enough, the zombies fill it up, and the rest of the horde waltzes right on over that flesh bridge.
More +
Flag
Option 1: Taught thin wire attached to trees at neck height. Option 2 : A single file ramp to f'ing anywhere where you chop their heads off between sipping ur cup o tea.
Flag
Apparently the citizens of Alexandria are all oblivious to the gas depot a few miles down the road. You may recall that Darryl and Dwight and Nurse Betty and Diabetic Girl walked up to it. Plenty of gas there, which is how Dwight and company scorched the forest walkers.
Flag
Where would they get flammable materials? Gee I don't know. They seem to have an endless supply of fuel and bullets (not to mention arrows) so the idea of endless burning materials isn't that far fetched either.

And as for getting Moats out, you remember the Governor actually did that right?

Heck, if someone would even SUGGEST they dig moats and another character tells him no, I'll accept that. But it's clear that high ground = safety even in this episode where Maggie went up the tower and the Zombies can't follow her.
Flag
and during the prep for the walkers to be led away from the town they had come across a dealership of farming equipment. they also had existing heavy equipment for when they originally built the walls.

there are faster ways than hand and shovel to dig a moat.
Flag
Anyone who has seen the original George A Romeo's "Night of the Living Dead" and liked it would really love this ep.

The cookie is Civilised Society and the ants are the threats to that society. Even behind walls the Cookie isn't safe anymore.

The cookie is the most valuable thing the survivors can hope for and they are now on a new road; to build a safer civilisation that can withstand the ever present and overwhelming exterior threats

The only thing wrong with this weeks installment is it wasn't long enough and i didn't see enough Glenn.

BUT - breaking everyone up and exploring the separate story lines was the best decision the WD could have made - it creates so many new character dynamics and allows lesser characters a chance to shine without Rick dominating everything.

I am the voice of the minority and i love this season so far.
Flag
I think Deanna's death may have had more prominence/meaning for the series had she been responsible for rescuing Rick at the start of the episode. If she, the leader of the Alexandrian's, could risk her own life - and subsequently die - to save Rick (someone who has caused her a lot of trouble since his arrival) that could have been a real eye-opening moment for Rick that if these people were willing to die for him, perhaps he should start considering them as apart of his own group.

Instead Deanna needlessly ran towards a hoard of zombies thinking she was helping Rick (but wasn't) and then got bitten. Pretty worthless, really.
Flag
rick was cornered at the start and Diannas help is probably the reason he got out of the first mess so id have to disagree with you there - maybe the camera queues weren't entirely clear on this but im pretty sure you touched on the right message here - Deanna passed the torch to Rick when she went and stood at his side and helped him escape the horde
Flag
I AGREE AND SHE ALSO GROWN TOO SEEING HER PULL THAT GUN ON THAT ZOMBIE MADE ME SEE A NEW HER IT'S LIKE THE WOMAN OVER THE WHOLE PLACE THAT DIDNT HAVE TO DO NUN BUT SIT ON HER BUTT AN CALL SHOTS AMAZED ME AN SHE WAS BIT TRYING TO HELP OUT SHE WANT FINTO LET THEM ZOMBIES TAKE OVER....LIKE SHE EARNED MY FULLEST RESPECT THIS EPISODE HATE TO SEE HER GO AFTER SHE JUS EARNED AH PLACE IN THE SHOW. :(
Flag
thats what i thought too - Rick is a bit like Dr Who - he makes people heroes, but he also gets them killed.

i just rewatched it and Deanna goes to get Rick to get him to come inside. She knows what hes like and that he would try to stop the herd/hoard on his own - she tells him "we have to get inside" and she runs after him helping him. Rick is busy with a Z when he is flanked, Deanna SAVED HIS LIFE and in the process is bitten. There is no question - Rick was screwed and Deanna took the bullet for him.

Deanna then uses her final moments to reach out to Rick and let him know he is responsible for ALL Alexandrians, including his original group, and then she's reaches to Michon to convince her that society isnt a pipe dream and its worth fighting for.

The Ants on the cookie is the metaphor for this entire episode so everyone should think about what the Director is hinting at here. Its actaully pretty cool.

Everyone trapped in different rooms was excellent - in a way we got to see the "fall of civilisation" from the perspective of several small groups of people. FEAR the Walking Dead should be a bit jealous of how WD managed to do something so good in a single ep.

Lastly - Tip-toe through the Tulips - more metaphors - i think the people who didnt like this episode are missing all the hidden details and maybe a bit of imagination. I thought this was another brilliant ep in a season of brilliant eps
More +
Flag
Rick is a bit like Dr Who - he makes people heroes, but he also gets them killed.

Oh goodness, I am so in love with you right now - I'm imagining Andrew (Lincoln) dressed as 9 and saying to Carol, Daryl, whomever "you were fantastic" in that lovely accent of his.
Thank you, thank you, wonderful human being!
Now I want Andrew Lincoln as the Doctor after Capaldi.
Flag
EVERYONE HAVE SOME GREAT POINTS HERE I AGREE WITH ALOT OF YOU ALL, LIKE ITS MANY QUESTIONS TO ASK AFTER THIS EPISODE LIKE: "HOW COULD MORGAN BE SO BLIND AND NOT SEE THT THE WOLVES ARE DANGEROUS.??" "WHY DIDNT SAM SHUT HIS MOUTH LIKE HE WAS TOLD.??" "HOW EUGENE GO FROM SCARY TO BRAVE WHEN IT CAME TO TARA BUT DEN SWITCH BACK TO AH SCARY CAT.??" "WHY DIDNT CAROL JUS BACK DWN.??" "WHY DID WE HAVE TO SEE GLEN GET ALL SERIOUS ABOUT GOIN TO GET HIS WIFE AN HAVE TO END DA SEASON WITH SEEIN HIM IN AH TREE OUTSIDE ALEXANDRIA NOT MOVIN AH MUSCLE.??".... ICAN GO ON ITS MANY QUESTIONS BUT FROM WAT IKNOW FROM PREVIOUS EPISODES I UNDERSTAND WHY IT HAPPENED LIKE IT DID MORGAN WAS A KILLER HE KILLED FOR NO REASON AT ALL BUT SOMEONE SHOWED HIM DAT PPL CAN CHANGE HE SEE HIMSELF IN DEM WOLVES, AN LETS NOT FORGET THT CAROL BEEN ON THE SHOW SINCE THE GREAT BEGINNING SHE KNOW THT PEOPLE ARE DANGEROUS AND IN ORDER TO SURVIVE SOME PEOPLE HAVE TO GO SHE'S JUST A WOMAN WHO GROWN SHE'S NOT THAT WOMAN WHO SITS AROUND AN LET PEOPLE PUSH HER AROUND AN HURT HER, SAM UGHH YESS HE BLEW ME AT THE END BUT HE'S AH KID HE WAS SCARED ANY CHILD THAT GETS SCARED CALLS ON THIER MOTHERS BECAUSE OUR MOMS ARE OUR HERO'S AND IKNOW THAT FROM REAL LIFE, AND LAST THAT IWANNA TALK ABOUT IS WHY ALL THE CHARACTERS WAS SO WEAK ALL OF AH SUDDEN, IDONT EXACTLY KNOW WHY BUT TO ME ITHINK IT WAS A TEASER TO HAVE US LIKE "OH MY GOSH NO DONT LET HER/HIM DIE" THATS WHY ALL THE MAIN CHARACTERS HAD THEY CLOSE TO DEATHS IT MAKE YOU WANT TO JUST STAND UP IN YOUR CHAIR AN YELL AT THE TV, LIKE THE SCENES GET TO YOU IT MAKE YOU WANT TO KNOW WHO IS GOING TO DIE IT MAKES YOU WANT TO KNOW LIKE WHICH MAIN CHARACTERS IS REALLY NOT "UNTOUCHABLE" AS THE SHOW MAKE IT SEEM. I REALLY LOVE THE SHOW ALOT I KINDA SEE WHY IT WAS LIKE IT WAS BUT THEN AGAIN I JUST WANT MOREEE LIKE GIVE ME MORE I GOT ANSWERS TO FIND OUT....HOPE MY OPINIONS HELPED ALOT THOUGH :)
More+
Flag
Less caps

Flag
SURE MAYBE NEXT TIME 😒😒 MY CAPS SHOULDN'T MATTER👌👌💯💯
Flag
lol
Flag
WOW, JUST... WOW!
Flag
The first two episodes of the season were so strong! I watched Ep. 2 six or seven times I loved it so much. I thought they were going to blast through to some new, amazing level of long-arc TV show excitement.

Then a lot of blah bottle episodes and c*** teasing. A lot of cheap gimmicks to create suspense without answering any questions.

Is there something in the water at Alexandria that makes everyone -- including the writers -- stupid?
Flag
So frustrated with this episode! I thought I was in the twilight zone- everyone was acting like a newbie. They spent too much time on Deanna dying and her conversations were so boring. We've spend so much time wondering about Glenn, and all we got was him up in a tree at the End. Uggg..... And the silly music playing, I thought they were suppose to be quiet. That kid is so annoying. You would think they told him to BE QUIET...but no he calls out to mommy. Ugggg.....and that's how it ends? OMG so disappointed. ...oh and one more thing, what was with the dude reading a book with that Zip lighter? SO many wacky things going on. I love this show, but seriously....it was more of a **comedy than a Mid season finale.
Flag
MOOOOOOOVE OVER GOT HAM? Because you got company, lol;-)
Flag
It's sad when this...

is the show that has gotten better!

Flag
That episode with the talking stick in the motel was a classic :)
Flag
So was the one before it. Z-Nado w/ a side of Native spirituallity;-)
Flag
Amen, brother.

"Z Nation" keeps to an even keel. It doesn't swing up and down between brilliant and stupid.

TWD keeps trying to be "Breaking Bad" without doing it homework. The result is painful, especially int his season..
Flag
Well put friend;-),
Flag
Pity Deanna didn't jump out the window and be their lunch on the street instead of upstairs if she was going to waste those bullets... That would of been for the greater good!
Flag
You know, now that you mention it why in the hell didn't she volunteer to run out into the horde to draw them away from the door and create a distraction so the others could leave? Ugh this show.
Flag
Rick must really like Jesse's ass why he hasn't shot those stupid kids already. Look at how smart and brave Judith and Carl are.
Flag
Well, Tim..sorry you're not having any love over there at The Walking Dead. Come back over to The Leftovers where we're having a good ole time! It's my new go to dvr Sunday night show (I work and watch the next day) I'd appreciate a weekly summary on that show because it's so awesome, but I can see that The Walking Dead is your go to prioity. LOL.
Flag
Tim is at his best when the shows he reviews are complete and utter mind boggling brain farts. I.E Under the Dome, Revolution, Heroes Reborn etc

Heck, I just read the article about the Under the Dome auction and was insanely nostalgic (to his reviews... not the awful show)

If anything, we need to get him to make weekly reviews of stupendous stuff like Quantico.
Flag
This promo for "the Deftovers" will work as well as AMC's pushing of "Into the Badlands" Not very affective, but nice try though;-)
Flag
Yeah I too think Carol was acting dumb -maybe she DID have a concussion. Why couldn't she just leave that Wolf locked up while she went and fought zombies and actually helped her people?
Flag
Or you know, just back off and come back a day later when Morgan isn't looking?
Flag
Sam is like 10 or 11, but he needs to take some lessons from Baby Judith on how to be quiet.
Jeez kid.
Flag
Huh, wow you're actually blaming Carol instead of dumbasss Morgan?
we get it, you like Morgan but so did we until he started father gabrieling all over the place.
Flag
He is not saying Carol was wrong in the decision to kill the guy, just in her decision to do it during a zombie attack.

It's not like the guy was going anywhere.
Flag
Once more I find myself in the minority who largely enjoyed this episode.

Yes, Sam is a spineless, sniveling kid but he's also, y'know, A CHILD WHO'S BEEN UTTERLY SHELTERED UNTIL NOW. Hell, if not for Porch Dick being his dad, Sam would've been the most out-of-touch child in the entire show.

Yes, Carol ought to have picked a better time to confront Morgan about his misguided aid to the Wolf. And I wish Rosita at least--a trained soldier--would've shot that SOB through the eyes while he was spewing his fatalistic bullcrap. It makes sense Tara might falter, she has feelings for Denise. But Rosita's not a civilian, and I would think she'd be better equipped to handle situations like that.

I actually liked Deanna as a character so I was saddened to see her go, but if it means Glenn and Maggie aren't ripped out of each other's proverbial arms thanks to walkers, I'll accept that trade.

As someone who adored "A" as an episode, I'm looking forward to the B half of season 6. In part thanks to the sprinklings of things to come (This Negan monster every comic fan has been shouting about, and the Wolves).
More+
Flag
Same here. I liked this episode pretty much and I have to agree about Sam. I got the impression during the last episodes, that he is totally traumatized. So, yes, he is 12 years old, but when someone is traumatized, there is no age limit for acting "stupid".

And about Carol: I find the conflict between her and Morgan not stupid at all. They both stick to their belief, no matter what. And this is what happens, when you have lost your ability to make compromises. They never act according to a situation, but only to their beliefs and that is why they lost track of reality and doing stupid things in dangerous situations.

Deanna: she rocked it finally. At the moment she learned how to survive in this world she perished. And she wanted to leave this world with a fight.
Flag
I agree with all the negative comments from other fans. What a wasted season! 90 minutes on the genesis of Morgan. The Morgan character is totally bizarre and unbelievable. He has dominated the storyline and I can't understand why his character has been allowed to ruin the season.
How did everyone become so dumb and out of character this season? Give the Wolf your guns? Seriously?! Trust Sam not to blow your cover when it is obvious that he suffers PTSD? Again, seriously?!
I don't think this season will win any Emmys. My 16 year old daughter (big TWD fan!) thinks the show has become ridiculous.
Flag
5 and a Half Seasons in, and I'm STILL Rooting for the Zombies...
Flag
Only the walking dead can spend half the finale with a woman that noone remembers the name of trying to convince survivors what they want out of life during a zombie apocalypse!
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members