A The Walking Dead Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on AMC
So, the first group has arrived to Terminus.

First impression: TRAP. The serene flowers dancing gently in the wind add to the secure atmosphere of Terminus but contrasts with its desolation. The only character present and introduced to us is Mary, whose warm welcome feels forced, as her manic eyes seem to drill into us, providing us with an ominous sensation which is confirmed by the grill with large slabs of meat on it.

Theory: Mary is a cannibal; that would explain the desolation (as she would have eaten all the survivors that arrived to Terminus) and would provide an explanation for the generous amounts of meat that, according to the knowledge provided to us at the time, were being prepared for her sole consumption.

poll
Comments (30)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I definitely think that Mary and all the other people (Alex and Gareth) are definitely cannibals. Where are they getting so much meat from? Kind of reminds me of The Walking Dead game, where Lee tells everyone- "Think about it, it's a dairy, not a ranch!" I think the same applies to here. We also saw a few carcasses while Rick and the others were running around Terminus to save themselves. Mary looks like an extremely creepy and evil character. Even when Michonne and Carl search a house in s04e10(I think), she finds a picture of a girl with scratches and blood all over it. It represents Mary. And that just adds to the idea that she might be a foe, and that she likes blood. However, my question is, did Michonne realise that? I may have to watch the finale again to find out.
Flag
Seriously creepy way to end the episode and introduce a new character. Mary has got a bad case of the crazy eyes. That woman gives off psychotic looney-tune vibes like a physical presence.
And you just know she is going to have some unsettling answers to the questions we're all asking: Why are the gates unlocked? Where are all the people? Who does the laundry belong to? What/who is that meat on the BBQ (and who is it for)?
Flag
Those who arrive are being served...
Flag
I think this mary is a ploy to get survivors in terminus to feed the zombies like a sick way of looking after the people even though they are dead. A bit what herschel did at the farm but taken to the next level !
Flag
I don't if they are cannibals or crazy, but that was way too many laundary for only one person: I'd say something fishy happens to those who arrive.
Flag
To be fair, you could hear the sounds of others in the background. You just couldn't see them. And there may have been guards up in that building that were simply behind cover.

And yeah, I don't get a good vibe about that place. For one, I've seen some stuff on other sites indicating that there was a striking resemblance between Mary and the woman in the painting from the house Michonne and Carl went through. Second, there was also a painting of sunflowers - lots of sunflowers growing at Terminus.

But here's my issue with Terminus. They're only a few days walk from the prison and they started encountering the Terminus signs almost immediately after leaving the prison. Both the folks from Woodbury and the our heroes spent months scouring this area for supplies (in vehicles I might add) and Michonne spent a good deal of time looking for the Governor as well - but yet nobody ever discovered this place or made mention of the seeing the signs.
Flag
Then again, they never ventured out of the forrest line: Carol stated that when they found the wounded guy that later became the zombie that tried to bite Beth.

The only reason Tyreese and Carol went that way was because, at the time, they had 3 kids.
Flag
I think "cannibal" is too obvious, but something is definitely off. I mean, serious, where was everyone? Why would she be the only one outside? Why wasn't there at least a lookout somewhere? Glenn and Gang just walked right on in, so imagine if a herd happened by the place.
I don't know if she's going be a main villain, but she's got to be bad news. Seriously no one can be that "sweet" years after the world goes to shit. Totally fake.
Flag
"Why wasn't there at least a lookout somewhere? "
I think that was just bad script... next time we'll see everyone as if this is a normal thing, maybe they were having a nap or preparing welcoming committee :S...
I mean your first instinct will tell you if a place is not guarded or at least locked very well that means it is not ruins... but nope, Glenn and the others weren't even suspicious and they were happy going in there without even being alarmed.
Flag
Right? They were all like, "Seems legit." NO.
Flag

Season 5's main villain?

Just don't have a good feeling about her!
Flag
Tasha Yar can never be evil, well except when she's her own half Romulan daughter ;)
Flag
To me, it wasn't Mary was smelled like trap but the massive amount of laundry with only her to keep it company.

That amount of clothing belongs to people, people that baren't here to claim it.
Flag
Agreed about the laundry, plus the fact that the gate was barely even closed and had no one guarding the entrance?? Anyone (including rapists, murderers, looters,etc..) could just walk right in the front gates... why would any safe haven operate that way?? Answer: They wouldn't.
Its a big ol' ambush.. I don't think Crazy Mary's the only one at this party.. the rest of em just haven't jumped out yet.. Maybe it has something to do with the same ppl who took Beth.. But I have a feeling not, I think its two separate threats
Flag
wow, I hadn't even noticed that, great point :)
Flag
"aren't" instead of "baren't".
Flag
Follow this Show
Members