A The Walking Dead Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on AMC
Regardless how their love affair went down on the comics, the TV show made their story decisively more complex: Carol has just been revealed as the one who burned Karen & David's bodies, Tyreese has just demanded Rick to bring the culprit to him, Rick has just figured out how difficult said task may be for him.

On one hand, Karen was the first personal loss Tyreese experienced in the zombie apocalypse, on the other hand, the last personal loss Carol experienced was at Rick's hands back when he shot Sophia.

On one hand, Rick could relate to Tyreese's feelings for Karen because of the death of his wife, on the other hand, Rick can relate to Carol's decision because it was the exact same call he made with Shane and Randall.

Will Rick give up on Carol and hand her over to Tyreese? Or will he give up on Tyreese and protect her at all costs? Will he tell the truth or will he keep it a secret? Will Rick exact justice as he sees fit or will he wait until the outbreak sorts this out for him?

poll

Comments (39)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Maybe she told Rick that she did it, but she's covering for Carl...Rick crouched at the door, looking at the bloody hand print..seemed a bit low for Carol's height...?
Flag
I only wish, if only because it doesn't seem right that Rick could tell Carol's hand by heart when Daryl can't.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I think Ty's 'bloodlust' will subside, and whether Rick or Carol tells him, there won't be any violent backlash. Tyreese does have the capacity to accept reason and not fly off the handle, given time.
Flag
I found it all the more interesting considering that, in the comic books, Tyreese & Carol were an item until he dumped her for another woman and Rick & Tyreese were as close as friends.

On the show, Carol kills the woman Tyreese was with, Daryl is the one as close as friends with Rick, and Rick beat up Tyreese because he threatens the woman Daryl may or may not be an item with.
Flag
Other...Turns out Tyreese got bit escaping from the zombies and the end of this week's episode, next week, knife to the ear, Rick and Carol take it to the grave.
Flag
If this were Once Upon a Time, that's exactly how this problem would be solved. On The Walking Dead, on the other hand, things are never that simple.

...which is probably why Carol did it and/or Rick figured it out.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Carol has been revealed as the killer? When and where?
I saw the episode but maybe I missed it ...
Flag
It's the last scene they shared in the episode, Rick went on and on about the many things he has actually noticed Carol has done over the years - seriously, he even surprised me - and then he plain asked her if she killed Karen and David, and she said "Yes".
Flag
See? This happens if you watch with people who keep on babbling about stuff. Ugh.
Thanks, Ionee24!
Flag
I'm still holding out, hoping that Carol wasn't really the killer, or that the issue is more complex. As it is, it just seems odd.
Flag
Even if Rick told Tyreese, there is no way Daryl would let Tyreese kill Carol for what ever reason. For that matter, I do not think Rick would allow Tyreeese to kill Carol.
Flag
It's like this switch has been flicked on them: on day, Rick sees something in Carol he didn't notice the day before, her very life is threaten by the weight of the information, and someone who was just a friend suddenly becomes the one person Rick can't picture himself without.
Flag
Well, its actually not a decision he likely has to make for awhile since Tyreese et al are some distance away with no immediate means of transport, and like say they made it to the vet school...that means they are trapped fifty miles away.
Flag
Plenty of time for Daryl to establish just how protective he is of Carol and/or what he would do if he was on Tyreese's place.
Flag
Or for when they get back there are just like eight people who are left at the prison who just have stronger immune systems (I have one it causes other problems)
Flag
Speaking of which, has anyone noticed Carol has been exposed to at least 7 characters by now (Patrick, Karen, David, Sasha, Glenn, Lizzy and Dr. S) and hasn't gotten sick herself?

I know there are no labs or anything anymore but she could very well have natural immunity to this.
Flag
Its not necessarily weird last year the flu went through our office and the first person gotssomething twice and it was only then did I get anything.
Flag
He'll keep it to himslef for a while because he also can't figure out what is best. IF he tells and Tyreese kills (or tries to kill) Carol, will he have to protect Carol and kill Tyreese? There will be a moment that it just bursts out of him as he can't hold it inside. That will exactly be a moment that they're under some kind of threat and Tyreeese cannot run to Carol. It will be interesting to see what happens next.
Flag
One thing to consider is that Rick already failed Carol what with Sophia. For a long time, they didn't even talk unless Lori was there, but Carol never attacked him. She questioned his choices but she never punched, hurt or tried to kill Rick.

Carol also told the truth the moment he asked her, Rick was so used to Lori and Shane lying this may have come as a surprise for him. And now he has to figure out what to do
Flag
i say tell him and let hell break loose
Flag
This would never be an issue if only Rick was a regular Sheriff, this a regular prison and theirs a regular world. As it is, all hell could break loose.
Flag
Carol should be the one to tell Tyreese. It will allow her to show contrition.

If Rick tells Tyreese. he's liable to hurt Carol, because he's being eaten alive by grief, guilt, anger and regret. He found a refuge in Karen, then Carol killed her and flung him back into the torments of hell.
Flag
What makes this even more complicated is that Rick has found refuge in Carol, just like everyone else. Judging only by their scenes in the latest episode, Rick himself didn't know how much until he figured out she did it.

For someone who never held her hand, Rick could tell her size just by looking at a bloody mark in the door frame, for someone he doesn't spend time with, he could tell whom Carol was with scary accuracy. Tell Tyreese would be no different than to leave her to the zombies at the water line.
Flag
Tyreese has already proven to be a loose cannon. He's a very emotional guy and I really think he'd kill Carol if he found out. Especially with Sasha being sick, I don't think Ty should be told. He's already on the brink of full on meltdown. He finds out about Carol, he'll snap. I think for now Rick should keep the secret. At least until the flu problem has been worked out and things quiet down a bit.
Flag
If there's any character who could undertand what Tyreese is going through right now is Rick Grimes (even if his relationship wasn't in a good spot back when he became the loose canon).

If Rick could unleash his anger on every walker he could find after his cheating wife passed away, he can certainly imagine what Tyreese would do to Carol because of the devoted girfriend he was involved with.
Flag
I hated Lori as much as the next person, but she never really cheated on Rick. She thought he was dead, then ended it the second she found out he was alive.
Flag
In any case, Rick never stopped loving her as long as Lori was alive. The more the reasons Tyreese wouldn't stop trying to avenge Karen considering she never had to end anything to be with him.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members