A The Walking Dead Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on AMC

You'll have until February to contemplate the real meaning behind the bloody baby car seat (maybe Judith was eating a raspberry popsicle?) from The Walking Dead's mid-season finale. At the end of last night's Talking Dead, host Chris Hardwick revealed that Season 4 would return for its final eight episodes on February 9, 2014, one week after Puxatawny Phil tells us whether or not winter is (still) coming. I'm doing some quick math in my head *beep boop beep boop* and that means that the Season 4 finale should air on March 30. One thing to keep an eye on is when Game of Thrones returns. Will the finale of television's biggest series encourage HBO to delay its own superstar genre show from its usual late-March-early-April date, or will The Walking Dead's finale and Game of Thrones' premiere once again air at exactly the same time, just like last year?

Talking Dead also showed off a Season 4B clip of Carl coaxing a few zombies out of a house, which I believe is straight out of the comics, but didn't really give us a whole lot. So why not watch this promo for Episode 9 instead? 

It looks like it's every man for himself, as the group is splintered following the devastation at the prison. And it also looks like Rick is awfully tired! (Also straight out of the comics.)

If The Walking Dead season finale and Game of Thrones' Season 4 premiere are on the same night, which one are YOU watching first?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/3/2016

Season 6 : Episode 16

52 Comments
Comments (51)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Usually finales are much more interesting than premieres, BUT ... something tells me the s04 premiere of GoT is going to be epic - the season 3 finale was extremely mild, relatively speaking, and it seemed to be a set-up episode, for things to come. Question is ... what on earth am i supposed to be watching until Feb, when TWD comes back??
Flag
duh, The Walking Dead.
Flag
I watch everything online and I usually watch the less favorite show first. I will watch TWD finale then the GoT premiere. What badass show did Dexter follow? Wasn't it Breaking Bad or some other fabulous show that always made Dexter look even worse then it was....
Watch the better show last....so I will watch GoT last.
Flag
I do it the same way, but nothing is least favorite to me, I watch everything that I'm not able to see at a certain time online. But I can't wait til this returns.
Flag
Torrents are you're best friend. I can't understand how people can watch shows live with ads and all...
Flag
TWD obviously!
Flag
TWD. Definitely TWD.
Flag
TWD first, then find GoT online the next day
Flag
I'll watch TWD first because I like to save the best for last. When I'm disappointed with TWD finale, GOT will cheer me up.
Flag
Gonna do TWD - I don't get HBO so I have to wait for the DVD's to release. Note to Talking Dead - both Hershel and Maggie wandered into Mansonesque fits of incoherency. Either they were loaded or are really terrible in non-scripted moments. Both just rambled and seemed to lose their trains of thought. Really bad. Think I'll record it and just be ready to FFW thru the interviews. Drug test your participants please
Flag
The walking dead for sure, dvr games of thrones
Flag
TWD! So much more potential for carnage in a finale than a season opener!
Flag
looks promising
Flag
Well GoT is my all time favorite show but I like Walking Dead pretty well too, and all things being equal a season finale is higher on my list on things to watch than a premier. However the second GoT's season ended I was craving more like a heroine addict looking for his next high so I have to say I'll probably watch Game of Thrones first followed imiditaely with The Walking Dead.
Flag
Like you even have to ask
Flag
Tough call, Zombies v Excessive nudity.
Flag
TWD!!!! game of thrones can take a back seat like it does in the ratings
Flag
I'll watch TWD just like last year because it's the finale and I don't want to break the momentum. But GOT is the better show.
Flag
Walking Dead Season Finale. Game Of Thrones is a better show but it has to be done for completion reasons.
Flag
It depends on what is ready for watching on my (let's call it) DVR the morning after they're aired. I wake up a few hours afterwards here in Europe so your guess is as good as mine :-). If both are available, I'll probably watch TWD on the laptop on my way to work as it is closing a season and I also probably would want to watch GoT on my (bigger) tv screen.

As to which series I like best, it's another thing. I've watched GoT more then one time and have never watched an episde of TWD for a second time.
Flag
I'll probably watch the TWD finale first anyway. If the second half of the season is still good, I'll want to see how it ends as soon as possible, and if it blows goats like last year, I'll want to get it over with quickly and move on to better things with GoT.
Flag
TWD hands down. I love GoT but TWD Season finale trumped GoT's premiere last time and it surely will this time as well.

I love the straight-out-of-the-comics bits that TWD is doing as well. If I'm not mistaken the scene in the mid-season finale when Rick and Carl are hobbling up the grassy hill away from the prison is straight out of the comics. The Season 4B clip is straight out of the comics, and the splintered group with every man/woman for him/herself is also right off the pages of TWD comics. I'm loving this. I couldn't be happier with where Season 4B appears to be heading.
Flag
easy, I have never seen a episode of Game of Thrones so its The Walking Dead for me .
Flag
Get Walking Dead over with as soon as possible then watch Game of Thrones then watch Game of Thrones again.
Flag
TWD first. Work through a season of feels, then dive into GoT. One has to end before another can begin.
Flag
GoT first, the painful wait has been almost a year in the making. The TWD final wait will only have been a painful week in the making and can wait a few more hours.
Flag
Game of Thrones NO CONTEST!
Flag
Phil lives in Punxsutawney, PA.
Flag
Always a finale before a premier. Any currently airing show before a premier. I may let the premier sit for weeks, depending on what's airing.
Flag
I think that if they stick with the comics they can really pull out some amazing stuff, it's great that they did what they did now with the mid-season finale because it allows them to kinda scratch the prison and get into some really interesting things.
Hopefully they actually do it too.
Flag
Totally agree! Also knowing that Abraham, Eugene and Rosita have been cast and will theoretically be in Season 4B I think it might be the best since the first season. I'm a huge fan of the comics and the more the show incorporates show of the better story lines from the comics the better I think it will play out theatrically. Though I do like where the show has deviated in some respects I'm yearning for some of the classic TWD from the comics.
Flag
Watching GoT of course - duh. That isn't even close to be a valid question.

Will DVR TWD, but doubt anything mind-blowing will happen during their finale.
Flag
I'll be watching TWD first, mostly because I kinda know what's going to happen on GOT.
Flag
I'd watch Walking Dead first, but I am still committed to Revenge, so GoT might not even get watched until Monday (I make a vague effort to be in bed by 11 on Sunday nights).
Flag
Wow my two favorite running shows. The Walking Dead first of course.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members