A The Walking Dead Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on AMC
Story
Nov 18, 2014
The Uniqueness of Carol & Daryl on The Walking Dead

It's no secret there's history between Carol and Daryl, the secret is why their history is so much more compelling than a TV romance, usual friendship or a standard mentor-protege dynamic. I mean, look at them! She isn't sexualized, he's far for perfect, the audience is not in the wake of them hooking-up, yet there's something so powerful about these 2 damaged people gravitating towards one another, I can't help but watch each and every episode they share screentime.

An abused child himself, Daryl grew up beaten up and neglected indistinctively. One of the reasons he believed Sophia would be alright is because Carol's daughter had so many people watching over her it was impossible for her to die where he didn't. He was like a kid. Following Merle around because his big brother was the only source of affection he had ...
Read more
staff
hello, atlanta!
Nov 17, 2014
The Walking Dead "Consumed" Review: Carol in the City
With a raw, urban tone and the close examination of The Walking Dead's best character, "Consumed" maintained Season 5's streak of quality episodes.
staff
Science, fiction
Nov 10, 2014
The Walking Dead "Self Help" Review: The Man, the Myth, the Mullet
We finally got to know two characters a lot better in this fairly quiet episode, but is Season 5's odd structure paying off?
Story
Nov 05, 2014
Leadership on The Walking Dead
Long before "Slabtown" aired , leadership has been an important issue on The Walking Dead. During the zombie apocalypse several leaders arise and several types of scenarios are played by the people that look up to them.

5) Survival of the Fittest
It's the type of leader Shane and The Governor strove to be, defined by a pragmatic point of view that harbors proficient combat skills and a questionable morality, these type of leaders could survive almost any physical threat, but were unable to handle the loss of their only source of emotional comfort.

(fanvid made by Infinity)

4) Us vs Them

The Garreth and Terminus mentality. Learned from people like Joe's gang, also embraced by the Vatos at the nursing home, Randall's group (Dave and Tony) or the prison inmates. Their own recognized by a personal code that separates them from the rest and allows them to ...Read more
staff
no patience for these patients
Nov 03, 2014
The Walking Dead "Slabtown" Review: Dead Bland Society
The Walking Dead finally caught up with Beth in this fairly uninteresting divergent episode set in a hospital.
staff
barf bag not included
Oct 31, 2014
The 7 Goriest, Creepiest Shows on Television: A Study in Disgusting .GIFs
Get into the spirit of Halloween by joining us for some deliciously gross fun.
staff
no, you can't stay for dinner
Oct 27, 2014
The Walking Dead "Four Walls and a Roof" Review: Dragging Out Nothing
The Walking Dead is at its best when it's unpredictable, and I certainly didn't expect the events of this episode!
Story
Oct 23, 2014
The Comics vs. The "Real" World
The talk this season is how we seem to be right on track with the comics. Those who have read the comics seem to think they have this whole thing all figured out. So...

Poll

Although there have been a lot of similarities to the comics the show writers have also taken a lot of creative license with them too. So...

Poll

This season is sending so many new characters our way, I think it will entice those who only watch the show to read the comics to learn more. This may be the best cross-promotion ever!

The only thing that worries me about this season is its fast pace. I never want this story to end so I wish it would slow down and drag out. Ten more years or so should be fine!

So... the REAL question is....

Poll

Read more
staff
butchers vs. cattle
Oct 20, 2014
The Walking Dead "Strangers" Review: Unhappy Meal
"Strangers" was a fine episode of The Walking Dead that sampled from the show's source material and gave us a clearer idea of what Season 5 will focus on.
staff
Follow this Show
Members
Episode 8 Season 5
Coda
Airs
Episode 7 Season 5
Crossed
Airs
Episode 6 Season 5
Consumed
Aired
Episode 5 Season 5
Self Help
Aired
Episode 4 Season 5
Slabtown
Aired

The world we knew is gone. An epidemic of apocalyptic proportions has swept the globe causing the dead to rise and feed on the living. In a matter of months society has crumbled. In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally start living. Based on a comic book series of the same name by Robert Kirkman, this AMC project focuses on the world after a zombie apocalypse. The series follows a police officer, Rick Grimes, who wakes up from a coma to find the world ravaged with zombies. Looking for his family, he and a group of survivors attempt to battle against the zombies in order to stay alive.

moreless