The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCIn Season

2x13 Better Angels

ionee24

[41]Mar 13, 2012
    • level: 32

oz_island wrote:
    Jenner specifically told Rick that no one was affected when Rick was drunk...that was in the season 1 finale, so no it wasn't mentioned that anyone was carrying the virus outloud. Remember Jenner required everyone to submit to a blood test. I guess he didn't specifically say no one was affected. He said something like all clear when Rick asked him about it.
    Then again, Lori must have been pregnant at the time and he didn't say anything despite a blood test would've clearly shown it.

I don't think he took the blood to test them for the "condition", he must have done so for something else.

Edited on 03/13/2012 10:37pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ionee24

[43]Mar 14, 2012
    OdumC wrote:
    Jenner didn't want to say anything til he was sure the baby wasn't his.

Why? Jenner didn't know about the Shane/Lori/Rick drama so he had no reason to believe the baby wasn't the husband's.

oz_island

[44]Mar 14, 2012
    • level: 12
    ionee24 wrote:

oz_island wrote:
    Jenner specifically told Rick that no one was affected when Rick was drunk...that was in the season 1 finale, so no it wasn't mentioned that anyone was carrying the virus outloud. Remember Jenner required everyone to submit to a blood test. I guess he didn't specifically say no one was affected. He said something like all clear when Rick asked him about it.
    Then again, Lori must have been pregnant at the time and he didn't say anything despite a blood test would've clearly shown it.

I don't think he took the blood to test them for the "condition", he must have done so for something else.

I was only replying to whoever thought it was mentioned in season 1 that people in the group were effected. This was not the case.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[46]Mar 14, 2012
    • level: 13
    OdumC wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    OdumC wrote:

Why? Jenner didn't know about the Shane/Lori/Rick drama so he had no reason to believe the baby wasn't the husband's.
    What show are you watching? Lori had met Jenner a good 5 minutes prior to that test, she had time to nail him too.

Indeed!

ionee24

[47]Mar 14, 2012

oz_island wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    Then again, Lori must have been pregnant at the time and he didn't say anything despite a blood test would've clearly shown it.I don't think he took the blood to test them for the "condition", he must have done so for something else.
    I was only replying to whoever thought it was mentioned in season 1 that people in the group were effected. This was not the case.

Then I concur with you.

OdumC wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    OdumC wrote:
    What show are you watching? Lori had met Jenner a good 5 minutes prior to that test, she had time to nail him too.
    I beg your pardon, Jenner was the Doctor locked down inside the CDC so Lori never had time to hit on him, made a move or "nail" him in any way or form, not he had any way of knowing about the affair with Shane because Jenner was not with the Atlanta group when it happened.

supernaturalFTW

[48]Mar 14, 2012
    • level: 2

OdumC wrote:
    But a dead body with no circulation wouldn't have infected the guy to turn if they ate him AFTER he died.

you guys obviously dont remember the suicide note the hung walker wrote b4 hanging himself. it said " the world gone to shit and i got bit, might as well quit." or something along those lines. he was alrdy infected, he just hung himself to avoid the the painful death by fever.

ionee24

[50]Mar 14, 2012
    Not funny (even if she happens to be one from time to time).

Helostwin

[52]Mar 14, 2012
    • level: 18
    oz_island wrote:

We're supposed to find out what Jenner whisphered to Rick before they left the CDC in the season 2 finale.

When Lori was talking to Shane at the windmill about him fixing the sink when Rick wasn't home (after Rick tried himself & flooded the basement) it occurred to me --- Jenner probably told Rick "Your son & your deputy have the same DNA." And Carl DOES look more like Shane than he looks like Rick!

So BOTH kids are Shanes offspring.

OdumC

[53]Mar 14, 2012
    • level: 8

Helostwin wrote:
    oz_island wrote:
    Jenner specifically told Rick that no one was affected when Rick was drunk...that was in the season 1 finale, so no it wasn't mentioned that anyone was carrying the virus outloud. Remember Jenner required everyone to submit to a blood test. I guess he didn't specifically say no one was affected. He said something like all clear when Rick asked him about it. We're supposed to find out what Jenner whisphered to Rick before they left the CDC in the season 2 finale.
    When Lori was talking to Shane at the windmill about him fixing the sink when Rick wasn't home (after Rick tried himself & flooded the basement) it occurred to me --- Jenner probably told Rick "Your son & your deputy have the same DNA." And Carl DOES look more like Shane than he looks like Rick! So BOTH kids are Shanes offspring.

They could always go that route but it'd be extremely unbelievable considering a paternity test takes time and screening a group of people are 2 very different things.

Probably the same reason he didn't spot a pregnancy. if you're not looking for it, you're not finding it.

And if an armed man is demanding blood tests from all I seriously doubt he's sitting around doing random DNA paternity tests on kids that for all he knows they picked up along the way.

But regardless, Shane's dead so it's a moot point.

Edited on 03/14/2012 3:42pm

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[55]Mar 15, 2012
    OdumC wrote:

Helostwin wrote:
    oz_island wrote:
    Jenner specifically told Rick that no one was affected when Rick was drunk...that was in the season 1 finale, so no it wasn't mentioned that anyone was carrying the virus outloud. Remember Jenner required everyone to submit to a blood test. I guess he didn't specifically say no one was affected. He said something like all clear when Rick asked him about it. We're supposed to find out what Jenner whisphered to Rick before they left the CDC in the season 2 finale.
    When Lori was talking to Shane at the windmill about him fixing the sink when Rick wasn't home (after Rick tried himself & flooded the basement) it occurred to me --- Jenner probably told Rick "Your son & your deputy have the same DNA." And Carl DOES look more like Shane than he looks like Rick! So BOTH kids are Shanes offspring.

They could always go that route but it'd be extremely unbelievable considering a paternity test takes time and screening a group of people are 2 very different things.

Probably the same reason he didn't spot a pregnancy. if you're not looking for it, you're not finding it.

And if an armed man is demanding blood tests from all I seriously doubt he's sitting around doing random DNA paternity tests on kids that for all he knows they picked up along the way.

But regardless, Shane's dead so it's a moot point.

Yea. I don't think doing a paternity test was on Dr. Jenner's mind based on the circumstances. I had thought by now that what he whispered to Rick would have been revealed by now. Since the writers made us wait so long, whatever he whispered better be earth shattering...

Lee_Briskett

[56]Mar 16, 2012
    • level: 1
    I can't work out if I'm gonna miss shane or not?

G3ckOz

[57]Mar 16, 2012

Lee_Briskett wrote:

characters are made not to be missed so much as opposed to other tv series.

ionee24

[58]Mar 16, 2012
    Lee_Briskett wrote:

Personally, I've missed every character from Amy & Jim to Shane & Randall because, unlike other shows, The Walking Dead is made of so you get invested in the characters

Helostwin

[59]Mar 16, 2012
    • level: 18
    ODUM--- not to quibble but Jenner obviously knew that Carl was not " some random kid picked up along the way" he could see that Carl was Lori & Ricks son, that Sophia was Carols daughter, that Shane was Ricks deputy etc. He has eyes & ears & a scientist is trained to be observant of his surroundings.

I wasn't thinking Jenner set out to do a paternity test, just that he accidently discovered Shane was Carls father while running the other blood tests and decided Rick should know.

angeleys151

[60]Mar 17, 2012
    • level: 6
    Helostwin wrote:
    ODUM--- not to quibble but Jenner obviously knew that Carl was not " some random kid picked up along the way" he could see that Carl was Lori & Ricks son, that Sophia was Carols daughter, that Shane was Ricks deputy etc. He has eyes & ears & a scientist is trained to be observant of his surroundings.

I wasn't thinking Jenner set out to do a paternity test, just that he accidently discovered Shane was Carls father while running the other blood tests and decided Rick should know.

You can't accidentally discover paternity. You have to run a DNA test, it's purposeful and takes more than a few hours (think days). I agree with your point that he would have known the relationships, but the most he could have found out was that Carl doesn't have the same blood type as Rick and Lori. At this point it's enough drama to have the paternity of the unborn baby questioned, as an audience do we need Carl's up for debate as well?