The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCIn Season

2x13 Better Angels

Helostwin

[61]Mar 17, 2012
    • level: 17
    ANGELEYS -- I was just bringing it up as a possibility of what Jenner told Rick. It is the hot topic now since it is going to be revealed tomorrow night.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pfk45nz

[62]Mar 17, 2012
    • level: 1
    if beth had committed suicide by blowing her brains out she would not come back as a walker infact if you kill urself any other way than a major head trauma you will come back

pfk45nz

[63]Mar 17, 2012

if you kill urself you will not be eaten by walkers as they only eat the living as they can smell living flesh if close by, past episodes the characters have smeared walker guts and blood over themselves to disguise their own scent and episodes where they have hidden under dead corpses, if the walkers came across a suicide person they would just walk by so if the suicide person comes back then it must be an airborne virus. best way and most effective way of opting out is too blow ur brains out

angeleys151

[64]Mar 18, 2012
    • level: 6
    Helostwin wrote:
    ANGELEYS -- I was just bringing it up as a possibility of what Jenner told Rick. It is the hot topic now since it is going to be revealed tomorrow night.

I wasn't criticizing, I was debating if it would work/make sense as a plot point

BeverlyMarsh

[65]Mar 18, 2012
    • level: 7

iturnrocks wrote:
    So what now everybody that dies turns into a zombie even if they weren't bitten? When did that start?
    I think that was whispered to Rick by the scientist at the CDC is Atlanta just before the building exploded.

ETA: I just read back and saw that this theory has already been mentioned. Sorry for being repetitive.

Edited on 03/18/2012 8:37am

LordGrievous

[66]Mar 18, 2012
    • level: 13

pfk45nz wrote:

if you kill urself you will not be eaten by walkers as they only eat the living as they can smell living flesh if close by, past episodes the characters have smeared walker guts and blood over themselves to disguise their own scent and episodes where they have hidden under dead corpses, if the walkers came across a suicide person they would just walk by so if the suicide person comes back then it must be an airborne virus. best way and most effective way of opting out is too blow ur brains out

The guy who hung himself had his legs munched on by walkers while he was dead not alive otherwise he wouldn't have had the chance to hang himself.

pfk45nz

[67]Mar 19, 2012
    the guy could have botched his hanging and remained hanging in a strangling position which could have given walkers time to have a leg snack either way he still would have turned as the brain needs to be destroyed, he could have chosen to opt out if he was being overrun with zombies and hurried his hanging. this has to be the way or they are screwing around with zombie lore otherwise they must be able to feed on freshly dead bodies whos blood is still warm

OdumC

[68]Mar 19, 2012
    • level: 8
    pfk45nz wrote:
    the guy could have botched his hanging and remained hanging in a strangling position which could have given walkers time to have a leg snack either way he still would have turned as the brain needs to be destroyed, he could have chosen to opt out if he was being overrun with zombies and hurried his hanging. this has to be the way or they are screwing around with zombie lore otherwise they must be able to feed on freshly dead bodies whos blood is still warm
    Well they only ate the legs, they could have found him ot long after he hung himself and was still relatively stench free and they ate til it started tasting bad? Unless it was Sophia walker and she couldn't reach any higher...

shutterdan

[69]Mar 19, 2012
    • level: 2
    If I can point an accusative finger for the death of Shane, it'd be at Lori -- Rick's wife.

ionee24

[70]Mar 20, 2012
    • level: 32
    shutterdan wrote:
    If I can point an accusative finger for the death of Shane, it'd be at Lori -- Rick's wife.

I right there with you, Shane would still be alive if Lori wouldn't have come between them.

They would still be fighting on a daily basis, but neither man would've killed the other.

ChibiMaddiChan

[71]Mar 21, 2012
    • level: 9

Alas, Shane should have remember and stuck to the golden rule: Bros before...

I'm sorry if that sounds crude or mean but essentially, it's what ruined him in the end (well that and his own crazy...). I just hope Lori gets all her karma back. She's such an overall annoyance and the show will be less annoying once she's gone. :/

anthem47

[72]Mar 21, 2012

OdumC wrote:
    pfk45nz wrote:
    Well they only ate the legs, they could have found him ot long after he hung himself and was still relatively stench free and they ate til it started tasting bad? Unless it was Sophia walker and she couldn't reach any higher...

Something that just occured to me, didn't Daryl find a suicide note along the lines of "Got bit. Fever hit. World gone to shit. Might as well quit"? (So poetic!) So he got bit first but had time to kill himself before turning...although "bit" seems to describe a situation a bit less than the one his legs were in. Needed to read "Got partially devoured" (but then it doesn't rhyme).

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[73]Mar 22, 2012
    anthem47 wrote:

OdumC wrote:
    pfk45nz wrote:

Something that just occured to me, didn't Daryl find a suicide note along the lines of "Got bit. Fever hit. World gone to shit. Might as well quit"? (So poetic!) So he got bit first but had time to kill himself before turning...although "bit" seems to describe a situation a bit less than the one his legs were in. Needed to read "Got partially devoured" (but then it doesn't rhyme).

Well if you wanted it to rhyme and use the word devour, it could have read:

Walkers bit my legs and are trying to devour
    Fever hit so I will be dead in about an hour
    World going to crap and government lost their power
    Going to hang myself to not see things get even more sour...

Scully82

[74]Mar 23, 2012
    • level: 4

My Pros and Cons - "Better Angels"

What I liked/Pros:

I loved it when Herschel told his little couch story and then said very seriously, "The couch is mine." Awesome!!!

There was really great music throughout the entire episode.

Glenn and Andrea had a nice little bonding moment when they were working on the RV and talking about Dale.

There was a good moment between Rick and Carl in the barn. Carl actually wasn't as annoying in this episode as he usually is.

We saw a little bit more of T-Dog than we usually do.

Some good gore in this episode. Shane busted open the head of a zombie and it wasn't CGI'd. Cool!!!

The moon in the background when Shane and Rick were in the field was a great touch. It reminded me of the Night of the Living Dead 1990 remake.

What I Didn't Like/Cons:

Why is it that Lori questioned them going out again to release Randall in "Judge, Jury, Executioner", but now she says nothing? Why does Lori not worry about Rick leaving as she did before?

It doesn't make sense that Shane would want to kill Rick in the middle of a field right in front of the farm house. When I first watched this scene I thought they were in a field away from the house. Wouldn't someone from the house have seen what was going on out in the field? There was an earlier scene where T-Dog had some binoculars and was looking out the window. Someone must have been looking out.

Once again, Carl wanders around with no supervision at all!!! The people on the farm must really be annoyed with him, as I am, and want him to get killed.

How the hell did Carl get the gun back from the woods? When he ran away from that zombie he left the gun behind!!! YET ANOTHER CONTINUITY ERROR!!!

How is it possible that Carl could shoot zombie Shane in the head so perfectly on the first try.? Since when did Carl take shooting lessons? He couldn't shoot the zombie in the woods when he was a few feet away from it, but he could shoot zombie Shane in the head who was further away?

Shane died!!! Noooooooo!!!!

The CGI'd ending scene looked terrible. You could barely tell what was happening in that. I barely saw the herd of zombies walking up through the field. They looked like slow moving ants on screen.

I really wish they would stop using CGI for the blood splattering. The blood squirts out and then just disappears in mid air. It looks so fake. I can understand doing it a few times, but it's getting to be almost every time they kill a zombie.

Lori is so STUPID!!! She stirred up Shane's emotions for her and got him killed. I bet she loves having two guys fight for her stupid ass. First she goes to Rick and pushes him to do something about Shane, and when that didn't work she has to go to Shane and stir him up again. I really hate Lori right now!!! I hope she gets killed by a zombie, SLOWLY!!!

We still need more T-Dog if he's going to stick around awhile. He's the only one from the group who we really know nothing about. I don't know why they are not developing his character more, unless they're planning to kill him off?

Overall:

"Better Angels" was a better episode. It was intense and well constructed. I just wish these little flaws and continuity errors would stop appearing!!!

OdumC

[75]Mar 23, 2012
    As for the gun, Carl saw the zombie getting loose, and after it was killed for sure he had every opportunity to go right back and get it. I had no issues with him getting the gun back.

What I had issues with was Rick and Shane both wanting to cuddle him and pwotect his dewicate wittle feewings. HE GOT SOMEONE KILLED. THROUGH PURE STUPIDITY THAT HE KNEW BETTER OF. So how do they punish him? tell him it's not his fault and give him a gun.

freakin brilliant.

angeleys151

[76]Mar 23, 2012
    OdumC wrote:
    As for the gun, Carl saw the zombie getting loose, and after it was killed for sure he had every opportunity to go right back and get it. I had no issues with him getting the gun back.

What I had issues with was Rick and Shane both wanting to cuddle him and pwotect his dewicate wittle feewings. HE GOT SOMEONE KILLED. THROUGH PURE STUPIDITY THAT HE KNEW BETTER OF. So how do they punish him? tell him it's not his fault and give him a gun.

freakin brilliant.

How about the fact that they gave him someone else's gun? Clearly they didn't ask Daryl cause in the scene after that he says "Wish I knew where my gun was." I can't see that going down well when Daryl sees Carl using it.

OdumC

[77]Mar 23, 2012
    I thought it was even weird he had one much less kept that close tabs on it considering he's always using the bow.. But yeah, Why not give him Dale's gun? they might as well finish peeing on his memory as they reward the kid who got him killed.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[78]Mar 23, 2012
    angeleys151 wrote:
    OdumC wrote:

freakin brilliant.

How about the fact that they gave him someone else's gun? Clearly they didn't ask Daryl cause in the scene after that he says "Wish I knew where my gun was." I can't see that going down well when Daryl sees Carl using it.

Carl took the gun out of Daryl's bag...the gun was not given to him.

OdumC

[79]Mar 23, 2012
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    angeleys151 wrote:
    OdumC wrote:

freakin brilliant.

After they found out Carl let the walker loose that killed Dale Rick gave him Daryl's gun back.. Carl kept saying he didn't want it and would never touch a gun but Rick insisted.(it was the scene with Rick and Carl in the barn loft)

Now whose gunshot was it that drew all those walkers to Hershel's farm?

Again, F'ing brilliant move Rick.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[80]Mar 23, 2012
    OdumC wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    angeleys151 wrote:
    OdumC wrote:

freakin brilliant.

After they found out Carl let the walker loose that killed Dale Rick gave him Daryl's gun back.. Carl kept saying he didn't want it and would never touch a gun but Rick insisted.(it was the scene with Rick and Carl in the barn loft)

Now whose gunshot was it that drew all those walkers to Hershel's farm?

Again, F'ing brilliant move Rick.

Yes. You are right. In my post, I was thinking more on how he (Carl)got the gun in the first place. But as far as the gun shot drawing all of those walkers there, isn't it amazing that when the barn was opened and a dozen walkers prowled out and were used for target practice, no walkers heard those gunshots and/or came to the farm?

One shot draws 100 walkers but 100 shots draws none???