The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCIn Season

3rd Season General Topic Thread

beowulf579

[1]Oct 15, 2012
    • level: 59

If you have anything in general to talk about involving season 3 of the show...this is the place.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Raccoon1459

[2]Oct 15, 2012
    • level: 22
    I have a feeling this season won't disappoint.

ionee24

[3]Oct 18, 2012
    • level: 32
    Its been an awesome first 42 minutes so far!

OdumC

[4]Nov 2, 2012
    • level: 8
    I'd be getting to serious work scrubbing out the riot suits for use, as seen in the comics they are pretty useful even though here on the show they don't seem to have helped the guards much.

Riot shields would seem to be the item of choice to collect though. And I still say they shouldn't be content with just cleaning out one cell block for their use, they should be rattling bars and spiking whatever responds, get proactive cleaning that place out. it can be done slowly and carefully, the place is steel and concrete, so again, molotovs could be used liberally.

Start working at fortifying those outer fences. they showed how fast and easy they could snip it and slip in. find a phone book, look up local hardware stores, send out parties to raid them for plywood, locate local cement companies. get a couple mixers.. slap a piece of plywood on both sides of the fence 6 inches away, fill it with concrete, viola. instant concrete wall.

The prison library should have how-to books, start reading them. figure out how to rig up solar and wind turbines. get power going again.

Stop treating every refuge like a temporary spot. dig in, fortify, strengthen, prosper.

beowulf579

[5]Nov 2, 2012
    All great suggestions Odum.

The shields would be a must have and the riot body armor would be good in a sustained forward progress through hallways and such. But I would be careful of using them in the open. Being able to twist and turn might be hard with all that gear.

Poor Dale, he could have used that chest/torso armor back on the farm.

OdumC

[6]Nov 5, 2012
    And now we see why they should have been actively cleaning that place out instead of hiding in their cell block.

SupernaturalX55

[7]Dec 2, 2012
    • level: 3

I heard they have 16 episodes for this season, is there any truth to that? So far i've enjoyed this season really well. After rewatching the first 2 seasons it's much better then when i first watched it. Can't wait to see what happens with Merle & Daryl, been waiting for a family reunion .

OdumC

[8]Dec 3, 2012
    Another suggestion, something I noticed last night, but use the trucks to pull the bus back up on it's wheels and get Axle to work repairing it. that's a freakin prison bus... it's already armored and has grating over all the windows.. a natural zombie vehicle laying right in their driveway.

beowulf579

[9]Dec 3, 2012
    OdumC wrote:
    Another suggestion, something I noticed last night, but use the trucks to pull the bus back up on it's wheels and get Axle to work repairing it. that's a freakin prison bus... it's already armored and has grating over all the windows.. a natural zombie vehicle laying right in their driveway.

That's a good idea.

ionee24

[10]Dec 6, 2012
    SupernaturalX55 wrote:

I heard they have 16 episodes for this season, is there any truth to that?

First season was 6 episodes, second season 13 and this season its 16 .

Raccoon1459

[11]Dec 7, 2012
    • level: 22
    Looking forward to February. The mid-season finale ending makes me wonder what will happen next.

ionee24

[12]Dec 8, 2012
    I can barely deal with the hiatus of this show as it is, let alone with such a cliffhanger.

OdumC

[13]Dec 8, 2012
    I'm spending the hiatus re-reading the series... on Volume 9 now...

ionee24

[14]Dec 9, 2012
    I think I'm going to rewatch all the DVDs until Feb.

It should be nice to see Amy or Dale again

tvfreakazoid

[15]Dec 30, 2012

luv this show. I hope they don't kill off glen anytime soon. He's the only asian dude i can root for =)

Hopefully he will have a bigger role as well. I like how he is growing up as the show progresses.

ionee24

[16]Dec 30, 2012
    A don't see a reason for Glenn to die now that he and Maggie got rescued.

Of course there's always the next threat coming after they survived this one but, so far, so good.

OdumC

[17]Dec 30, 2012
    You know this show though, he can be standing in a prison hallway talking to someone and a zombie fall out of a closet and bite him...

Nobodies safe!

OdumC

[18]Feb 21, 2013
    Ok I re-watched an entire series run before the return (got a friend and her daughter turned on to walking dead and had a marathon) and the first night in the prison, where they're sitting there around the fire and the girls are singing heartwarming folk songs, they look up and see Rick walking the fence again and comment "that's his third time around.. how many times is he going to check for breaches?"

So... Uhhh how'd he happen to miss the huge part of the fence being down and the building being destroyed if he walked the fence line 3 times? you'd think if that happened after they took up residence not only they, but several hundred others for miles around would hear something big enough to wreck a whole prison wing....

Getting that bus fixed would go a long way to closing the gap created with the downed gates.. shame Axle is dead now. but at least they left them that box truck to park in front of the gate. and now that they see a drive up attack is a major weak point it wouldn't hurt them to get out and dig some 2 foot deep staggered potholes in the areas coming up to the fence line to stop future drive up attacks.

I love this show but they seriously make me shake my head with how lax they are about fortifying their home.

first and foremost, scour the prison and collect every last set of keys to the place. second, clear out everything except that wrecked part. stand at the fence line and fire a half dozen shots in the air.. lure walkers in to just infest the hell out of that open part of the prison if fixing it isn't an option so anyone trying to gain access that way will have to work for it and noisily.

Get Rick OFF the throne. what's his plan? to try holding the prison with a small group that shrinks with every episode? they should be trying to bring people in, not turning them away. more people means more workers/better defense for their home.

If they aren't going to try beefing up those fences, then find a backhoe and dig a frakkin moat around that place so no cars can crash the fences and walkers would just fall into it.

and again, if they aren't going to beef the fences up, at LEAST lean stuff against them so there's no clear line of sight to the outside. less attention from walkers and guard towers could be utilized to spot people trying to get close without a response being apparent.

I love this show but damn does it make me /headdesk a lot.

beowulf579

[19]Feb 22, 2013
    "Uhhh how'd he happen to miss the huge part of the fence being down and the building being destroyed if he walked the fence line 3 times?"

They were not referring to the entire prison fence, just the front fenced in area. Most prisons have the immediate surrounding area sectioned off like that.

OdumC

[20]Feb 22, 2013
    If he was just checking the inner front fence there'd be no reason to walk it 3 times as they could see the entire thing from where they sat... and if they never bothered to walk the entire perimeter and managed to miss an entire wing of the prison down I go back to point one about them being lax with their clean up.