The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCBetween Seasons

3rd Season General Topic Thread

SupernaturalX55

[21]Feb 23, 2013
    • level: 3
    There's like a huge gap in the prison, seen from i think the beginning with Tyrees's group. I thought they had the prison cleared out but apparently when some troll decided to mess with the group obviously they never did clear the prison out or knew there was a huge security breach. Rick isn't a very good police officer if he hasn't made sure the entire structure is cleared before becoming too comfortable. Even then i would have created a security system (even if it's tin cans on a string) to make sure there's no surprises.

They could have at least, blocked off the areas they did not clear with some kind of large obstruction so less entry ways for walkers to get around but if it were me, i'd clear the entire prison look for any weak defensive spots and make damn sure there's no way anyone could get in any blind or unprotected spots.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OdumC

[22]Feb 24, 2013
    • level: 8
    Oh great, now Tyreeses group can lead them right in through the breach.

and hey! they finally got the idea to use the cars to move the bus in front of the gate.. shame now it's while they can't step foot outside the prison without worrying about snipers and an impending attack.

not to mention since they never did anything with the fences all they have to do when they see the bus blocking the gate is... you know, veer 10 feet to the left or right and just drive through the fence for the same effect.

Helostwin

[23]Feb 25, 2013
    • level: 17
    ^^^^ I'm wondering if our prison group SENT Tyrese & his friends to Woodbury as a Trojan Horse. They could serve as an inside 5th column when we attack Woodbury. Just a thought.

OdumC

[24]Feb 25, 2013
    That doesn't seem likely considering they were all pretty sincere about talking Rick into letting them stay. After seeing the situation unfold at the prison it'd feel like a pretty cheesy "Ah-Ha!" moment for them to retcon that kind of plan in. especially with them being so forthcoming about being at the prison and being able to draw up diagrams.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[25]Feb 28, 2013
    • level: 13
    I am perplexed as to why the group and Merle did not tell Andrea more about the Governor both past and present. It is clear that she is under the Governor's spell and refuses to see him for what he truly is. Knowing about how he killed the National Guards, other survivors would have been a good start. Also, when Andrea said "He told me you shot first"...as if the Governor came there to talk. Which made no sense for someone who came to the prison with a bus load of walkers. What was the walkers for? To provide an audience during the supposed truce???!!!???

I was waiting for Merle to tell Andrea about the National guards and god knows who else the Governor had killed for their ammo, food, and supplies. Also, Merle could have stated a lot of what the Governor had done in the past to establish his true character to Andrea. Just didn't seem like that scene tied in well to people trying to survive during a zombie apocalypse and their former friend literally sleeping with the enemy and having your first opportunity to show her the error of her ways in the way it was done in the show...

vespa4

[26]Mar 1, 2013
    • level: 4

Ugh, Maggie has got to go! Not only is she a crappy character but shes made Glenn-who was one of the best-really boring, they are the worst couple. Also stop having sex in a zombie apocolypse, Did they not learn from Lori!!!!
    Im lovin carl this season though, he was annoying in 1 and 2 but now hes a proper bad-ass and probably the strongest(besides deryll of course) and most stable/sensible member of the group!

Helostwin

[27]Mar 10, 2013
    RICK NEEDS TO GO! First he alienates Tyronnes group, he lets Backback Guy get eaten, he doesn't bring back Morgan, he's not sane half the time. Now he wants to turn Michonne over to the Governor!!!!!!!!! I don't care if a zombie eats him or one of the Governors men shoots him but Rick needs killing. He's a liability to the group now. Let Herschel or Glenn or Darryl lead the group. Rick needs to die.

ionee24

[28]Mar 18, 2013
    • level: 32

vespa4 wrote:

Ugh, Maggie has got to go! Not only is she a crappy character but shes made Glenn-who was one of the best-really boring, they are the worst couple.

She's better than she was on Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries combined and, just because Maggie & Glenn happen to be a multiracial couple, doesn't make them "the worst". It just makes this not-the-CW (Thank God!).

Edited on 03/18/2013 8:06am

beowulf579

[29]Mar 18, 2013
    • level: 59
    Maybe it's just me..but does anyon else think the Gov is going to make a pet Walker out of Andrea or Michonne? That's the feeling I got from the opening scene with the chains.
    Imagine the Gov pulling up to the prison with an armless and jawless Andrea? Dang...it would be devastating.

ionee24

[30]Mar 18, 2013
    I still believe Andrea is bait, that's why he gave her the cold shoulder in front of Rick last meeting.

Raccoon1459

[31]Mar 31, 2013
    • level: 22
    The season finale begins.

Raccoon1459

[32]Mar 31, 2013
    Pretty entertaining season finale.

There's some tense moments in this one.

Helostwin

[33]Mar 31, 2013
    Everyone here knows I have been Carls biggest defender on here. No more. He is turning into a junior version of the Governor. He's gone from being my fave character to being someone I would FEED to a walker.

ionee24

[34]Mar 31, 2013
    Therein lies the irony: trying to stay away from being fed by a zombie its what makes people like Carl & Michonne. Only those who get eaten are like Dale, Andrea and Milton.

Raccoon1459

[35]Apr 1, 2013
    What's gotten into Carl? The dude he killed wasn't making a move, he just put his gun down!

beowulf579

[36]Apr 1, 2013
    • level: 59
    Merle called Rick cold...he should have spent more time with Carl.
    Though they didn't have the time to delve into it...Herschel wasn't the only person there. Beth was too and I was curious how she took the whole scene with Carl. After all...he seems sweet on her but the way he is going it might turn into something really twisted and dark.

Need to start taking Vegas like odds....
    10 to 1 that Carl kills Beth by next season's end?

qtwanderer

[37]Apr 1, 2013
    • level: 27
    Disappointing season finale.

OdumC

[38]Apr 1, 2013
    I think they're trying to touch on Carl's darkness from the comics without having the correct scene to do it with.

In the comics there were twin boys that Andrea and Dale were taking care of after their parents were killed.
    One went darkside and started killing animals, eventually he killed his own brother.

The group locked him in a van trying to figure out wth to do with a homicidal child in this brave new therapist free world when Carl snuck into the van and killed him.

When asked later his response was "it needed to be done and none of you could do it"

headtoad

[39]Apr 2, 2013
    • level: 5

for a season finale i was let down

why have all the people from the town now gone to the prison wouldn't it been better for them and the prison to all stay in woodbury where they could keep out the governor as he only has two guys left with him

i would thought there was better living conditions and food in woodbury than in prison setup

but bring on season 4 asap

Helostwin

[40]Apr 2, 2013
    qtwanderer wrote:
    Disappointing season finale.

Agreed. Question >> was Noah killed too?