The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCIn Season

3x07 When the Dead Come Knocking Discussion

beowulf579

[1]Nov 23, 2012
    • level: 59

This thread is to discuss the episode: When the Dead Come Knocking.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

antdude

[2]Nov 25, 2012
    • level: 27
    ... It was decently good. Maggie almost naked. ~ Next week's mid-season finale looks good and action packed too.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[3]Nov 26, 2012
    • level: 13
    How could that guy in the cabin not know there was a zombie apocalypse???

LordGrievous

[4]Nov 26, 2012

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

Oh his only purpose was zombie food, what he knew didn't matter.

beowulf579

[5]Nov 26, 2012
    Big change from just a little awhile ago. Remember "Guts" when Rick took note about who the person was and yadda yadda before they used its gore for camo.
    Now they just chuck a dead guy out for zombie chow.

Helostwin

[6]Nov 26, 2012
    • level: 18

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

I was thinking the same thing.

One other thing >> did I misunderstand or did Merle tell the Governor he was surprised that Glen knew Andrea because she wasn't in the group when he ( Merle) was? That's not accurate, Merle knew Andrea from Atlanta & the quarry. Or is he lying to the Governor?

Edited on 11/26/2012 3:32pm

conquerorsaint

[7]Nov 26, 2012
    • level: 2

glenn was badass taking down that walker whilst in a chair. merle is back to his usual terrible self in letting that walker loose in that way. he seemed tame in the past episodes it seems.

very tense and scary scene with the governor and maggie in that room. the music really helped with the bleakness as well. i thought they were going to cross the line but it seems the governor still has relented for now at least (much to our collective relief).

I understand time is of the essence but shouldnt Michonne be healing up that wound first before infiltrating immediately after getting sewn up?

poor guy in the cabin minding his own business though, but i guess prolonged isolation did a number on him.

can't wait for the midseason finale! oh man another wait til it resumes?

haldrey

[8]Nov 27, 2012
    • level: 22
    LordGrievous wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

Oh his only purpose was zombie food, what he knew didn't matter.

That's true but in his few lines they told us that his mind was somewhere else.

OdumC

[9]Nov 27, 2012
    • level: 8
    I busted out laughing when he woke up screaming "I'll call the cops!!"

LeytonTLA

[10]Nov 27, 2012
    • level: 16
    Haha same!

Good episode hate Andrea with the govner ! Thank fudge that's all he did to maggie we hope!

Anyone knows the rest of the season will air?

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[11]Nov 30, 2012
    Helostwin wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

I was thinking the same thing.

One other thing >> did I misunderstand or did Merle tell the Governor he was surprised that Glen knew Andrea because she wasn't in the group when he ( Merle) was? That's not accurate, Merle knew Andrea from Atlanta & the quarry. Or is he lying to the Governor?

I was saying to myself, he had to have left the house at some point to get food or do something and his whole area was surrounded with walkers...Also, I am assuming this is several months, probably almost a year after the whole thing started. You mean to tell me he was in that cabin for year and never saw a walker, turned on a radio, watched tv, went for food or supplies???

Probably a misunderstanding on the Merle statement. I thought I heard Merle confirm to the Governor that Andrea knew Glen when the Governor was caluculating his next move and also trying to determine if the others would follow Glen and Maggie if they went missing.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[12]Nov 30, 2012

Now what remains to be seen is who will Merle be loyal to...his brother or the Governor?!?!?

My guess is he will be loyal to Daryl in the end and may get killed and turned into zombie food for his efforts...

beowulf579

[14]Nov 30, 2012
    I could see Merle having to do something to save his little brother. In the end, he is dying and off in the distance he sees Daryl. Keeping in mind that we have never seen the two brother actually together EVER in the series (ignoring hallucinations).
    Just as Merle tries to call out....Walkers come from behind and..

1) Kills Merle and Daryl never sees his bro.
    2) It's in a wooded area and when the Walkers attack, Daryl shoots into the undergrowth at one of the "Walkers" but kills Merle. The other Walkers are killed and still....Daryl never finds his brother.

OdumC

[15]Nov 30, 2012

I could see some mountain men not knowing, they have a well, hunt their food, grow their veggies, being out of touch for a year isn't unbelievable.. until you take into account he was less than a mile from Woodbury.

they ditched the car about a mile out and after an eventful walk, his was the last place before they were scouting the walls making it seem like he was on the outskirts of town. hard to imagine him not knowing being that close to town, not to mention the woods he was in was swarming with walkers.

Edited on 12/03/2012 4:13am

Raccoon1459

[16]Dec 2, 2012
    • level: 22
    I hope Glenn gets his revenge.

Helostwin

[17]Dec 2, 2012
    • level: 18
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

Probably a misunderstanding on the Merle statement. I thought I heard Merle confirm to the Governor that Andrea knew Glen when the Governor was caluculating his next move and also trying to determine if the others would follow Glen and Maggie if they went missing.

Thank you for explaining that

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[18]Dec 3, 2012
    Helostwin wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

Thank you for explaining that

You're welcome!

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[19]Dec 3, 2012
    OdumC wrote:

I could see some mountain men not knowing, they have a well, hunt their food, grow their veggies, being out of touch for a year isn't unbelievable..

First, to have a well, hunt for food, and to grow your own vegetables, you would still have to leave your house and be outside during a time where there are zombies everywhere. The chances of you not coming in direct contact with any walkers in one year is quite unbelievable to me especially when Rick and his group encountered the horde of walkers a short running distance from the mountain man's cabin. Secondly, as a mountain man, regardless of how much you are self sufficient by living off the land, you are going to need some supplies within a year. Hunting for food, eventually you are going to need bullets (let alone drawing attention of the walkers as you are shooting at your potential dinner), growing vegetables, you are going to need seasoning and spices. You are going to need medical supplies, clothes, gasoline, pay your bills, and etc. Finally, the mountain man threatened to call the police if Rick and his group didn't leave. That means he probably had a phone...which probably hasn't worked for months. Wouldn't you go into town if your phone wasn't working to find out why it wasn't working or try to fix or replace it???

Therefore, I still find it quite unbelievable to have someone in a cabin, only yards away from hungry walkers and not know that a zombie apocalypse is in effect.

OdumC

[20]Dec 3, 2012
    Oh I find it unbelievable too, I was referring to an actual mountain man, someone who lives miles and miles off the beaten path and is pretty much self sufficient. and they can avoid needs like ammo by bow hunting, trapping etc.

this guy was just supposed to be a hermit. And I'm pretty sure his call the cops thing was just a reaction not an actual threat. for the most part hermits just want to be left alone, they don't want to call more people into a situation.

Like I said the unbelievable part was the woods were teeming with undead and he had to be close to Woodbury, they stopped the car a mile away and had hiked and fought for awhile so they were close.

all in all the whole scene was unbelievable, I think it was just for effect of "Look how hard assed they've become"