The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCIn Season

3x08 Made To Suffer Discussion

beowulf579

[1]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 59

This thread is to discuss the episode: Made To Suffer.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OdumC

[2]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 8
    Really good episode... nice cliffhanger for the next half of the season but when are they ever going to learn if you leave a character in a bad situation, don't show them in clips for the second half of the season? With the situation they left Daryll in, he could definitely die. except... now we know he won't thanks to the "Upcoming scenes" at the end.

Looks like Carol and Axle hooked up (couldn't help but laugh at the other thread ranking people where you said put carol under axle) he was flirting with Beth.. carol called him out on it, he started flirting her up, she grinned and the next thing we know, Where's Carol? oh her and Axle are standing watch in one of the guard towers... (thanks to Maggie and Glen we know what those towers are good for)

I lose respect for the group with each episode. a gaping hole in the fence to match the one in the building?? Seriously? that doesn't trigger anyones spider-sense that "Hey.. maybe we should fix this huge hole in our only defense..."

Sad to see Oscar go, but Tyreese is here so their token slot is filled I guess.

Carl is turning into quite the little badass. charging off alone to investigate screams in the zombie filled prison..ordering around strange adults like a boss, and he was so ready to pop that bit girl they had to call him off before he could smoke her. having the common sense to lock up the new group til thy could figure out how to handle it. he's definitely stepping up his game.

I'm so over Andrea being ridiculous it's sad.

beowulf579

[3]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 59
    OdumC wrote:
    (couldn't help but laugh at the other thread ranking people where you said put carol under axle)

I was thinking on the whole "token" part last night. With the exception of T-dog, how many times have there been 2 or more African American guys together in the same scene? What few times they are on screen, it doesn't last long.

Helostwin

[4]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 17
    OdumC wrote:
    Really good episode... nice cliffhanger for the next half of the season but when are they ever going to learn if you leave a character in a bad situation, don't show them in clips for the second half of the season? With the situation they left Daryll in, he could definitely die. except... now we know he won't thanks to the "Upcoming scenes" at the end.

Looks like Carol and Axle hooked up (couldn't help but laugh at the other thread ranking people where you said put carol under axle) he was flirting with Beth.. carol called him out on it, he started flirting her up, she grinned and the next thing we know, Where's Carol? oh her and Axle are standing watch in one of the guard towers... (thanks to Maggie and Glen we know what those towers are good for)

I lose respect for the group with each episode. a gaping hole in the fence to match the one in the building?? Seriously? that doesn't trigger anyones spider-sense that "Hey.. maybe we should fix this huge hole in our only defense..."

Sad to see Oscar go, but Tyreese is here so their token slot is filled I guess.

Carl is turning into quite the little badass. charging off alone to investigate screams in the zombie filled prison..ordering around strange adults like a boss, and he was so ready to pop that bit girl they had to call him off before he could smoke her. having the common sense to lock up the new group til thy could figure out how to handle it. he's definitely stepping up his game.

I'm so over Andrea being ridiculous it's sad.

Completely agree with EVERY point except one. In fact I was thinking of them too. The 1 that I disagree with is them not fixing the wall. I think that's way beyond their capability. They don't have construction equipment. I could see them making some abatis ( those Civil War spiked things made from trees) but not much beyond that. Otherwise, the other points are excellent.

PenguinSuzie

[5]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 10

Wow I loved it!

Despite the fact that I dislike the Governor I didn't want him to die as there's more to the story and I want to know the truth about him so to speak. I want it to all come out.

Merle was quite annoying last episode when he was with Glenn but I'm really interested to know what he'll do now that the Governor sold him out. I don't think that was a trick to make Daryl trust him and get him to be a double agent to screw over the group like they discussed earlier; I think he really did just betray Merle and screw him over.

I love Daryl and Rick's friendship.

Andrea was annoying these past two episodes but now that she's really suspicious and knows that it was the group that was the 'terrorists' I think she'll be a lot more likable.

Shane! It was a nice and rather intense moment when Rick saw him. I liked how he went over to check and make sure that it wasn't actually him. He's losing it a little and it's really sad but it really makes sense given everything that's happened.

Was it suppose to be like zombie kid Penny was mesmerized or something by the music just for a moment or was that just how I interpreted it?

Glenn and Maggie are very sweet, I hope they'll be OK. Their relationship has moved quite fast since the beginning but that makes sense in the extremely intense circumstances. I felt that Glenn should have mentioned something to her (I don't think he did) before he started ripping that walker apart with his bare hands. I could help but think; there was a broken chair in the same room that they could have used part of as a stake or even considered looking for an alternative, I suppose it was an immediate and absolute solution though.

I though before that Michonne had seen that Penny was a walker before she left. Either way I felt she should have been a little bit more careful and suspicious that the growling kid wasn't alive. At least a tiny bit.

OdumC wrote:
    You should maybe only mention things like that in the spoilers thread for the sake of people who avoid watching even the trailers. Trailers these days give away so much.

Edited on 12/03/2012 8:31pm

OdumC

[6]Dec 4, 2012
    • level: 8
    They also mention it pretty blatantly in the official review on this site. maybe you can run along and scold them next?

PenguinSuzie

[7]Dec 4, 2012
    • level: 10

It's just considerate. Some people really try and avoid the trailers because they give things like that away. I don't think there even is a spoilers thread on this forum though which is really weird. I don't think I've seen a single moderator here or anything. There are barely any pinned posts at all.

Edited on 12/04/2012 5:23am