The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCBetween Seasons

Beside the Dying Fire

  • Avatar of Raccoon1459

    Raccoon1459

    [21]Mar 19, 2012
    • member since: 04/02/10
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,195
    Hurry up, autumn! Don't make us wait for the new season!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of therockstop

    therockstop

    [22]Mar 19, 2012
    • member since: 06/17/04
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 297
    Not to bad but I cannot wait for next season. New characters, new setting......it is going to be good.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MOSTCAPABLEONE

    MOSTCAPABLEONE

    [23]Mar 19, 2012
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,477
    Excellent Finale!!!

    Random thoughts:

    The farm scene was incredible. Walkers were everywhere. Loved how they had Michonne introduced to the show. Can't wait to see this character in season 3!!! I can't wait to see Michonne and Daryl fight together. Lori, Lori Lori. Can't believe her attitude. I guess she missed the part when Rick told her that Shane lured him out to the field to put a bullet in his head. I honestly hopes she "bites" it in season 3 (please excuse the horrible pun). Rick's speech was a little over the top but needed IMO. There needs to be one strong leader and either you follow that leader or try to survive out there on your own. Didn't like the fence being pushed over. Seemed too convenient. Was nice to see T-Dog contribute with some lines. Was it me or did Jimmy leave the front door on the RV wide open??? Did he think he was being attacked by vampires and could only get in if they were invited??? If Rick and his group finds their next place or Refuge and there are other people there, I am quite sure there will be another Shane like character for Rick to deal with.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of amaryllis88

    amaryllis88

    [24]Mar 19, 2012
    • member since: 10/01/08
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 2,516

    That was incredible! I wish we could've had moments of intensity throughout all the episodes, even for brief moments of time, it would've made the slow parts more bearable. I'm glad they all had a plan of attack, but they all sort of scattered at the end, before meeting up on the highway, that was good thinking on all their parts to meet up there, considering that wasn't really planned out from the beginning.


    And Andrea, in the beginning of the season she so desperately wanted a gun, and now she has a whole duffel bag of guns!! Good for her!! CoolLoved her scene in the woods, when the hooded figure saved her, and those two armless walkers, pretty cool, imo. Can't wait to see how they put the zombies to work next season!!


    Carol: did not like her at all in this episode, she thinks a big stick is going to help her in vanquishing zombies?! Is she serious? And her nagging of Daryl, was that necessary? She definitely can't survive on her own, and what does she want to do, run away with Daryl? I'm glad Daryl set her straight though.


    Also glad Rick grew a pair and started acting like a real leader, I didn't see anybody leaving...so guess this is their new family.


    This episode solidified that I absolutely can't stand Lori, (you can add Carl into that mix too), I hope she meets her demise next season. Her reaction shouldn't have been like that, but considering I'm not a fan of her at all, maybe that was the perfect reaction to her, to make her hate her even more. She can't accept what she told Rick to do with Shane? What was in her mind, that Rick would give Shane a little duffel bag of goodies, and send him on his way away from the farm?


    Will definitely have to read the comics now!!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MOSTCAPABLEONE

    MOSTCAPABLEONE

    [25]Mar 19, 2012
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,477
    amaryllis88 wrote:

    That was incredible! I wish we could've had moments of intensity throughout all the episodes, even for brief moments of time, it would've made the slow parts more bearable. I'm glad they all had a plan of attack, but they all sort of scattered at the end, before meeting up on the highway, that was good thinking on all their parts to meet up there, considering that wasn't really planned out from the beginning.


    And Andrea, in the beginning of the season she so desperately wanted a gun, and now she has a whole duffel bag of guns!! Good for her!! CoolLoved her scene in the woods, when the hooded figure saved her, and those two armless walkers, pretty cool, imo. Can't wait to see how they put the zombies to work next season!!


    Carol: did not like her at all in this episode, she thinks a big stick is going to help her in vanquishing zombies?! Is she serious? And her nagging of Daryl, was that necessary? She definitely can't survive on her own, and what does she want to do, run away with Daryl? I'm glad Daryl set her straight though.


    Also glad Rick grew a pair and started acting like a real leader, I didn't see anybody leaving...so guess this is their new family.


    This episode solidified that I absolutely can't stand Lori, (you can add Carl into that mix too), I hope she meets her demise next season. Her reaction shouldn't have been like that, but considering I'm not a fan of her at all, maybe that was the perfect reaction to her, to make her hate her even more. She can't accept what she told Rick to do with Shane? What was in her mind, that Rick would give Shane a little duffel bag of goodies, and send him on his way away from the farm?


    Will definitely have to read the comics now!!



    Agreed!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Jemadari

    Jemadari

    [26]Mar 19, 2012
    • member since: 07/10/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 2,513

    Yeah great stuff all around but the best part for me was that there was finally someone with a sword

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of G3ckOz

    G3ckOz

    [27]Mar 19, 2012
    • member since: 10/03/09
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 261

    Jemadari wrote:


    Yeah great stuff all around but the best part for me was that there was finally someone with a sword




    Yeah got exited at that part too, also Rick decided to step up and they just might get their fortress. Very very nice...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Helostwin

    Helostwin

    [28]Mar 19, 2012
    • member since: 11/12/06
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 2,517
    I watched it TWICE and I'm sure I saw a female die in the RV with Jimmy. But Talking dead only mentioned two -- him & Patricia dying. Am I seeing things? So now the group has gone from hating Shane to hating Rick. I'm glad T finally got some lines & Carl did something useful by barbequing a barnfull of walkers. What kind of magazine did Hershel have firing at least 30 times before he had to reload? Also I loved his line "Christ said He would raise the dead at the end of the world, but THIS is not how I expected it."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of danharr

    danharr

    [29]Mar 19, 2012
    • member since: 04/30/05
    • level: 45
    • rank: Swizzle-Bird
    • posts: 10,938

    Helostwin wrote:
    I watched it TWICE and I'm sure I saw a female die in the RV with Jimmy. But Talking dead only mentioned two -- him & Patricia dying. Am I seeing things? So now the group has gone from hating Shane to hating Rick. I'm glad T finally got some lines & Carl did something useful by barbequing a barnfull of walkers. What kind of magazine did Hershel have firing at least 30 times before he had to reload? Also I loved his line "Christ said He would raise the dead at the end of the world, but THIS is not how I expected it."


    He had no magazine it was a goof and I was going to say this was the episode of no reloading but it was so awesome I let it slide.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ltcomstella

    ltcomstella

    [30]Mar 19, 2012
    • member since: 11/30/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 781

    wow epic !


    jason the rv driver: rip


    in the last few episodes i figured he and the sister where going to be zombie chow as their characters have been pretty weak, effectively being extra's a clever plot to have some extra deaths with out killing off a main character when the zombies got int he rv they tore him up good and propper so i assume the extra 'girl' or victim people saw was just his remains


    i noticed hershals massive shotgun clip was wondering when he was going to reload though you could say he was reloading while we were watching the zombie drive by's


    as for lori:


    i feel her reaction was not of rick's actions but of when he said carl shot shane this i feel is the more logical reason why she is now scared of rick in the sence rick allowed carl to shoot shane on principal no kid should have to shoot someone.


    ricks speech was needed cos everyone is scared and clueless and despite the harsh truth of the reality they needed to be told of the options, lots of people would of died and/ or sucided but no they bitch and moan but follow andwhen the only guy who has the balls to do the hard stuff does something desperate to save his own ass in the wake of certain death they start to challenge the leader ?


    and we see the prison which is where the guv'nor is ?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MOSTCAPABLEONE

    MOSTCAPABLEONE

    [31]Mar 20, 2012
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,477
    danharr wrote:

    Helostwin wrote:
    I watched it TWICE and I'm sure I saw a female die in the RV with Jimmy. But Talking dead only mentioned two -- him & Patricia dying. Am I seeing things? So now the group has gone from hating Shane to hating Rick. I'm glad T finally got some lines & Carl did something useful by barbequing a barnfull of walkers. What kind of magazine did Hershel have firing at least 30 times before he had to reload? Also I loved his line "Christ said He would raise the dead at the end of the world, but THIS is not how I expected it."


    He had no magazine it was a goof and I was going to say this was the episode of no reloading but it was so awesome I let it slide.



    He reloaded one time only to allow the Walker to sneak up behind him as he was distracted by the reloading so that Rick could have a dramatic entrance.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MOSTCAPABLEONE

    MOSTCAPABLEONE

    [32]Mar 20, 2012
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,477
    ltcomstella wrote:

    wow epic !


    jason the rv driver: rip


    in the last few episodes i figured he and the sister where going to be zombie chow as their characters have been pretty weak, effectively being extra's a clever plot to have some extra deaths with out killing off a main character when the zombies got int he rv they tore him up good and propper so i assume the extra 'girl' or victim people saw was just his remains


    i noticed hershals massive shotgun clip was wondering when he was going to reload though you could say he was reloading while we were watching the zombie drive by's


    as for lori:


    i feel her reaction was not of rick's actions but of when he said carl shot shane this i feel is the more logical reason why she is now scared of rick in the sence rick allowed carl to shoot shane on principal no kid should have to shoot someone.


    ricks speech was needed cos everyone is scared and clueless and despite the harsh truth of the reality they needed to be told of the options, lots of people would of died and/ or sucided but no they bitch and moan but follow andwhen the only guy who has the balls to do the hard stuff does something desperate to save his own ass in the wake of certain death they start to challenge the leader ?


    and we see the prison which is where the guv'nor is ?



    So Lori is scared of Rick since Rick allowed Carl to shoot Shane? Uggh. So Rick allowed Carl to shoot Shane? Also, in essence, Lori is mad because her son shot somebody that was about to kill her husband??? Yea. That's very logical...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of amaryllis88

    amaryllis88

    [33]Mar 20, 2012
    • member since: 10/01/08
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 2,516
    At AMC's official website for the series they have one of those "inside the episode," videos, and Lori discusses what her reaction means, but I still don't buy it entirely. I seriously can't stand her face anymore, or her reactions this entire season, seriously, she left Carl in the house expecting him to not go anywhere? This entire season is about him wandering off to check things out, he's being a kid, an annoying kid-yes, but a kid nonetheless. She's shocked to not find him in the house? I'd be shocked if he was STILL in the house!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of beowulf579

    beowulf579

    [34]Mar 20, 2012
    • member since: 06/07/05
    • level: 59
    • rank: E-Company
    • posts: 1,241
    amaryllis88 wrote:
    At AMC's official website for the series they have one of those "inside the episode," videos, and Lori discusses what her reaction means, but I still don't buy it entirely. I seriously can't stand her face anymore, or her reactions this entire season, seriously, she left Carl in the house expecting him to not go anywhere? This entire season is about him wandering off to check things out, he's being a kid, an annoying kid-yes, but a kid nonetheless. She's shocked to not find him in the house? I'd be shocked if he was STILL in the house!


    Hey...Lori won the Mother of the Year Award prior to the Zombie Apocalypse. Her kids are perfect...so everytime Carl makes a mistake it's going to be a shock to her. Lol.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Mitoch

    Mitoch

    [35]Mar 20, 2012
    • member since: 05/10/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,201

    Jemadari wrote:


    Yeah great stuff all around but the best part for me was that there was finally someone with a sword



    Not a big fan of Michonne in the comics. Too far to go to believe ninja skills with a samauri sword would survive very long. Seems like it was a wave to all the fanboys who like to see a kickass female character (a la'River in Firefly). A samauri sword is not a very good weapon when trying to smash through someone's skull. The cranium is just too hard.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ionee24

    ionee24

    [36]Mar 20, 2012
    • member since: 07/05/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,771
    Jemadari wrote:

    Yeah great stuff all around but the best part for me was that there was finally someone with a sword


    Definitely the coolest thing EVER!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MOSTCAPABLEONE

    MOSTCAPABLEONE

    [37]Mar 21, 2012
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,477
    Mitoch wrote:

    Jemadari wrote:


    Yeah great stuff all around but the best part for me was that there was finally someone with a sword



    Not a big fan of Michonne in the comics. Too far to go to believe ninja skills with a samauri sword would survive very long. Seems like it was a wave to all the fanboys who like to see a kickass female character (a la'River in Firefly). A samauri sword is not a very good weapon when trying to smash through someone's skull. The cranium is just too hard.



    It is a great weapon if it really sharpened. It is a silent killer and you could slice off a lot of heads in a short period of time.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Mitoch

    Mitoch

    [38]Mar 21, 2012
    • member since: 05/10/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,201

    [QUOTE="MOSTCAPABLEONE"]

    Mitoch wrote:


    It is a great weapon if it really sharpened. It is a silent killer and you could slice off a lot of heads in a short period of time.


    That's the operative words...slice off. Technically, that wouldn't kill the zomies. Granted, they'd be flailing around trying to get the person. But get a big enough group and he / she's done for.


    Additionally, it's really not that easy to sever a head. Not like what we all see in the movies. There's a lot of bone, tendons, muscules and cartilage. It takes some work, no matter how sharp the knife is. You'd probably come closest with some type of cleaving weapon. But that's not what samauri swords are. They are slashing weapons.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of beowulf579

    beowulf579

    [39]Mar 21, 2012
    • member since: 06/07/05
    • level: 59
    • rank: E-Company
    • posts: 1,241
    While the zombie's head might still be active. I would guess that it's separated body would quit working. It doesn't seem like these zombies work under "Living Dead" rules.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MOSTCAPABLEONE

    MOSTCAPABLEONE

    [40]Mar 21, 2012
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,477
    [QUOTE="Mitoch"]

    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Mitoch wrote:


    It is a great weapon if it really sharpened. It is a silent killer and you could slice off a lot of heads in a short period of time.


    That's the operative words...slice off. Technically, that wouldn't kill the zomies. Granted, they'd be flailing around trying to get the person. But get a big enough group and he / she's done for.


    Additionally, it's really not that easy to sever a head. Not like what we all see in the movies. There's a lot of bone, tendons, muscules and cartilage. It takes some work, no matter how sharp the knife is. You'd probably come closest with some type of cleaving weapon. But that's not what samauri swords are. They are slashing weapons.



    Well, Michonne seemed like she had no problem slicing off the head or killing the zombie that was about to get Andrea. Also, you have to consider the fact that these Walkers have bodies that have decayed to some degree and thier bone structure, tendons, and muscules will not be as fortified and dense as a normal human.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.