The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCBetween Seasons

Judge, Jury, Executioner

Raccoon1459

[1]Mar 4, 2012
    • level: 22

Good thing Randall's going to live to see another day. I feel bad for him that he has to endure all this torture.mdi

Tragic ending btw.

Edited on 03/05/2012 4:19am
    Edited 4 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OdumC

[2]Mar 4, 2012
    • level: 8
    Yeah what a horrifying brutal end.. for those that haven't seen it I'd suggest avoiding this thread til you do.. this is pretty huge and probably will be discussed at length..

MrShotShot

[3]Mar 4, 2012
    • level: 15
    Great episode - definitely wasn't expecting the ending. I figured "slim" would show back up at some point, but not like that.

wow.

OdumC

[4]Mar 4, 2012
    Yeah pretty horrifying but to be honest he ran his course with me, he was getting way too preachy, Carl is an idiot. he was just told to stop doing stupid things to get himself killed then he goes and plays with a walker... wtf kid. are you brain damaged?? you fire that gun and you'll bring more walkers towards the farm..it didn't see him, he should have backed away and went and told an adult at the camp...He knew that walker ws getting loose near their camp and he didn't tell ANYONE?? that kid deserves to get bit.. what the hell....When the thing was getting out he should have told SOMEONE... "hey I saw a walker over there, it's partially stuck but trying to get out, I think it hears us or something..." freakin ANYTHING....

But man, what an ending.. shame he never got to hear that his argument "won" even though it was just a matter of Carl (again being an ^%&%$$# ) screwing up again but Dale still would have had some faith in humanity returned. And Daryl.. "Sorry Brother..." just tragic.

OdumC

[5]Mar 4, 2012

This is a pretty dramatic change from the comic too, bold move, I like it... I was expecting more of the Rick/Shane confrontation over the prisoner, that seems to be coming to a head soon, probably next episode. Man Carol does me proud every episode... she just brings it.

I have a feeling Hershel isn't long for this world after giving Glen that watch and "his permission" Seemed like a passing of the torch ceremony.

Glad to see the rest of the cast back in full force, Daryl being especially brutal with Randall but he got the info so you really can't fault his methods. not a good sign at the numbers they face, obviously mostly armed. sounded like a hostile marauding group. not good. Probably the reason they have to end up leaving the farm and moving on.

Wonder if they'll take that POS RV now.. it makes a good mobile look out but surely they could just find a new RV.. hell I'd get armored trucks... outfit the whole caravan in armored trucks.

Man.. Hershel leaving the fate of Randall up to Rick.. he's really done a 180 from stubborn old fart.. Excellent move, but again, i think his days are numbered.. maybe during the inevitable Shane rebellion...

Edited on 03/04/2012 9:05pm

rtw85

[6]Mar 5, 2012
    • level: 3
    Shane will die and by Carl same as the comic, wish Dale's death had been left until the hunters though. And the marauder group are sounding more likely to be the Governor's group, especially with Michonne and Tyreese supposedly showing up later this season. I have a strange feeling that Merle will be the Governor in the TV show makes perfect symmetry with Rick losing his hand in that arc plus will give closure to Merle which has been alluded to during the season, I just hope they don't wimp out and kill Lori and the baby which was one of the most surprising parts of the comic (killing the baby not Lori's timely demise).

danharr

[7]Mar 5, 2012
    • level: 45

Man they killed Dale that was crazy but as The Talking Dead panel said it had to be done. The group needs to go to the next level and he was holding them back to the old worlds morality but we will also get to see someone take his place as the moral center.

MrShotShot

[8]Mar 5, 2012

rtw85 wrote:
    Shane will die and by Carl same as the comic, wish Dale's death had been left until the hunters though. And the marauder group are sounding more likely to be the Governor's group, especially with Michonne and Tyreese supposedly showing up later this season. I have a strange feeling that Merle will be the Governor in the TV show makes perfect symmetry with Rick losing his hand in that arc plus will give closure to Merle which has been alluded to during the season, I just hope they don't wimp out and kill Lori and the baby which was one of the most surprising parts of the comic (killing the baby not Lori's timely demise).

Except that the Governor has already been cast with a new actor.

OdumC

[9]Mar 5, 2012
    The whole time I was watching that final scene I was thinking "Dale you'd better stop staring at the cow and start looking around for what ate the cow.. oh nevermind, it grabbed you because you stood there staring at the cow.." which was pretty much useless to look at after verifying it got munched on, then the gun should have came down and he should have been spinning around checking the area he hadn't just seen. Just sitting there staring at the cow? back to natural selection. sorry Dale. you're not able to think fast enough to survive in this world.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[10]Mar 5, 2012
    • level: 13
    OdumC wrote:
    The whole time I was watching that final scene I was thinking "Dale you'd better stop staring at the cow and start looking around for what ate the cow.. oh nevermind, it grabbed you because you stood there staring at the cow.." which was pretty much useless to look at after verifying it got munched on, then the gun should have came down and he should have been spinning around checking the area he hadn't just seen. Just sitting there staring at the cow? back to natural selection. sorry Dale. you're not able to think fast enough to survive in this world.

Also, it is funny how the zombie was literally able to sneak up on Dale from behind when he was approaching the wounded cow in an open field and there was no one behind him or on either side of him as he approached. Guess it was a ninja zombie.

Mitoch

[11]Mar 5, 2012
    • level: 11

Quite a divergence from the books. But the next one to go should be that bastard Carl. He sees a walker and doesn't tell anyone? That makes at least two people who have died because of him, Otis and Dale. Whether directly or indirectly.

I do have a nit about Dale's argument, though. He at one point said if the group kills Randall, what would be the difference between the two groups? Well, as far as I can remember, Rick's group hasn't raped anyone yet. If the two who were killed in the bar were part of Randall's group, from the dialogue, it seems it's pretty standard procedure for that group.

OdumC

[12]Mar 5, 2012
    Yeah Randall can tell all the sob stories he wants, but at the end of the day, he was firing at them. he wasn't protesting, he was going along and they left him for dead. Risk saved his life and pretty much from right there on Randalls life belonged to Rick. he thought about it til it was overdone and there's only one safe choice for his group. that problem has to go. and not back to his friends. Sorry but they gave him a chance and it didn't pan out. But it's more than most people would have done.

MrShotShot

[13]Mar 5, 2012

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    OdumC wrote:
    Also, it is funny how the zombie was literally able to sneak up on Dale from behind when he was approaching the wounded cow in an open field and there was no one behind him or on either side of him as he approached. Guess it was a ninja zombie.

Well there was quite a bit of foliage behind and on either side of the cow.

My nitpick on the whole scene is that why wasn't the "mindless thing that is only driven by hunger" not still munching on his Cowsicle?

OdumC

[14]Mar 5, 2012
    He might have smelled or heard Dale coming, left the cow for his meal of choice, got a little turned around in the brush, ended up zeroing in behind him... it works..

beowulf579

[15]Mar 5, 2012
    • level: 59

Something happened as Dale visited all the cast for one last time and I didn't realize it till now; I really liked Dale. Oh, and he got screwed royal by a Ninja Walker, but more on that later. Let's discuss the good first.
    1) Dale and Shane talking. Shane was right, Dale had some balls coming to him in the way he did. But, to his credit, Shane listened. He still disagreed but there were no real threats or anything. It was kind of weird.
    2) Carl throwing rocks at the Walker. Ok, my first thought was, "stupid kid". Then I realized that when I was at his age I would have done the same thing. Though my throws would not have been as girly as his.
    3) Andrea slowly pulling away from Shanism. She wasn't being a jerk in this episode and I liked that.

Now, time for the hate list.
    1) Carol is NOT a mom from the south. If I, or any kid, would have talked to my Mom or the majority of women I know from the South (WV here) as Carl did, they would have slapped the taste right out of my mouth. Also, Carol has a right to be mad but don't get mad at everyone treating you like you are damaged goods Carol. For the vast majority of this season you have been. Now the writers suddenly snap you back out of lala land and it doesn't quite jive.
    2) The whole Randall mess. I'm with Dale, don't kill him. I know you are afraid he will turn on you. I can't think of a single reason why he might. Maybe dropping him off in Walker-land, tying him up, locking him up, torturing him, shooting at him numerous times and threatening to execute him outright. Why WOULD he turn on you guys? I mean, it's not like he wouldn't be happy and loyal to you if you had saved him from dying. Oh wait..you did.
    3) Ninja Walkers. GAAAAAH! The farm is on flat land and visibility was great. We could see the farm house from where Dale was. Dale should have seen a Walker standing up. The cow was still making sounds and moving and yet the Walker left it to sneak up on Dale??? Heck, the writers should have added the magic ninja smoke and made the Walker poof right in front of Dale. That's all that was missing.

Overall, I liked the episode for the same reason I hate it…the death of Dale came out of nowhere.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[16]Mar 5, 2012
    beowulf579 wrote:

Something happened as Dale visited all the cast for one last time and I didn't realize it till now; I really liked Dale. Oh, and he got screwed royal by a Ninja Walker, but more on that later. Let's discuss the good first.
    1) Dale and Shane talking. Shane was right, Dale had some balls coming to him in the way he did. But, to his credit, Shane listened. He still disagreed but there were no real threats or anything. It was kind of weird.
    2) Carl throwing rocks at the Walker. Ok, my first thought was, "stupid kid". Then I realized that when I was at his age I would have done the same thing. Though my throws would not have been as girly as his.
    3) Andrea slowly pulling away from Shanism. She wasn't being a jerk in this episode and I liked that.

Now, time for the hate list.
    1) Carol is NOT a mom from the south. If I, or any kid, would have talked to my Mom or the majority of women I know from the South (WV here) as Carl did, they would have slapped the taste right out of my mouth. Also, Carol has a right to be mad but don't get mad at everyone treating you like you are damaged goods Carol. For the vast majority of this season you have been. Now the writers suddenly snap you back out of lala land and it doesn't quite jive.
    2) The whole Randall mess. I'm with Dale, don't kill him. I know you are afraid he will turn on you. I can't think of a single reason why he might. Maybe dropping him off in Walker-land, tying him up, locking him up, torturing him, shooting at him numerous times and threatening to execute him outright. Why WOULD he turn on you guys? I mean, it's not like he wouldn't be happy and loyal to you if you had saved him from dying. Oh wait..you did.
    3) Ninja Walkers. GAAAAAH! The farm is on flat land and visibility was great. We could see the farm house from where Dale was. Dale should have seen a Walker standing up. The cow was still making sounds and moving and yet the Walker left it to sneak up on Dale??? Heck, the writers should have added the magic ninja smoke and made the Walker poof right in front of Dale. That's all that was missing.

Overall, I liked the episode for the same reason I hate it…the death of Dale came out of nowhere.

Still waiting for you to post something I disagree with...but you never do... LOL!

Nevertheless, that was my point exactly about the walker. The farm is on flat land and visibility is excellent. We could hear Dale footsteps as he approached the wounded cow and as his feet stepped on the high grass. How could Dale not hear the walkier unless he was a "ninja" walker and how could he not see him anywhere around as he approached the walker??? Keep in mind we are talking about a walker...who is definitely not walking with the most grace...probably dragging his feet. When Dale turned around, the walker was right there. (Kind've reminded me of the scene in the original black and white version of "The Thing" when the militiary opened the door and the monster was standing right there at the door as if he was waiting for them to open the door.) Just saying tje scene could have been choreagraphed a lil better.

OdumC

[17]Mar 5, 2012
    The 2 things that drive me nuts about that scene, ok yes the farmland is flat but it looked like Dale was on the edge of the woods with the trees and brush starting, but as I said before just staring at the cow? come on... then the slow eye dart as he glances out of the side of his eye as he realizes it's behind him... come on if you think it's back there spin around swinging that rifle like a club... don't turn slowly and OH CRAP THERE IT IS!!
    ACT like you want to live.

beowulf579

[18]Mar 5, 2012
    OdumC wrote:
    The 2 things that drive me nuts about that scene, ok yes the farmland is flat but it looked like Dale was on the edge of the woods with the trees and brush starting, but as I said before just staring at the cow? come on... then the slow eye dart as he glances out of the side of his eye as he realizes it's behind him... come on if you think it's back there spin around swinging that rifle like a club... don't turn slowly and OH CRAP THERE IT IS!!
    ACT like you want to live.

I'll give Dale that benefit of the doubt. He may have been rather close to the trees. But then that makes me mad in a whole different way. He is walking out alone at night where a Walker could be. Ooops...was.
    He had a lot on his mind but dang it....look at it this way.

There have been two characters now that have decided that venturing out into the dark fields alone was a good idea; Lori and Dale.
    Both had a lot on their minds (pregnancy vs executions)
    But...Lori had nothing but a full bladder, weepy tears and a preg. tester for protection. Dale had a freakin gun. Where is the justice in the world eh?

G3ckOz

[19]Mar 5, 2012

OdumC wrote:
    The 2 things that drive me nuts about that scene, ok yes the farmland is flat but it looked like Dale was on the edge of the woods with the trees and brush starting, but as I said before just staring at the cow? come on... then the slow eye dart as he glances out of the side of his eye as he realizes it's behind him... come on if you think it's back there spin around swinging that rifle like a club... don't turn slowly and OH CRAP THERE IT IS!! ACT like you want to live.

Yap we'll surely handle ourselves better if the walkers come knocking.

Now to somehow possibly explain, Dale was the eldest, slowest, softest and perhaps due to his age he can't hear that good either or then again see especially in the dark.

I find this a ground breaking episode. Not only Dale carried the most weight as the voice of reason, he was also the kindest and nicest character, with an extremely sense of judgement for "what's good in this world". NOW that he's gone...wow i expect hell to be unleashed step by step. Amazing episode. Daryl takes initiative once more, putting him in the spotlight.

Edited on 03/05/2012 12:05pm

beowulf579

[20]Mar 5, 2012
    @MOSTCAPABLEONE- Lol..I must be writing something right then.

Don't forget this was a Walker that was stuck in mud and couldn't figure a way out but yet could pull off the Dale kill mere hours later. Heck...thanks to being stuck in the mud, it shouldn't have been able to move even as smoothly as the average Walker.