The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCIn Season

Jumping the shark?

Is having a ninja "jumping the shark?"

kickdoor

[22]Mar 26, 2012
    • level: 14

I'd take a pig sticker over a katana.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MrShotShot

[23]Mar 26, 2012
    • level: 15

Is someone "jumping the shark" when they claim a show is "jumping the shark" and they obviously don't know what they're talking about?

OdumC

[24]Mar 28, 2012
    • level: 8
    MrShotShot wrote:

Is someone "jumping the shark" when they claim a show is "jumping the shark" and they obviously don't know what they're talking about?

I think the voting answered that

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[25]Mar 28, 2012
    • level: 13
    OdumC wrote:
    MrShotShot wrote:

I think the voting answered that

And I think the only person that said yes in the voting was the original poster of this thread...

Lion4Life

[26]Mar 28, 2012
    • level: 30
    What if a ninja jumped a zombie shark?

OdumC

[27]Mar 28, 2012
    Lion4Life wrote:
    If it was a Cyborg Shark I'd watch the hell out of that

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[28]Mar 29, 2012
    • level: 13
    OdumC wrote:
    Lion4Life wrote:
    If it was a Cyborg Shark I'd watch the hell out of that

So would I.

OdumC

[29]Mar 29, 2012
    It's kind of funny that in a zombie show, Ninja (even though she isn't even a ninja) becomes the unbelievable aspect.

Ninja are actually real.. it's not some secret order of Jedi or something, I have a friend who studies Ninjitsu, flies to Japan twice a year, has the coolest pics of training on his sites AND HE ACTUALLY EXISTS. (brought me the coolest authentic Katana back one time because I always house sit for him) But yeah, they exist. so the irony that someone feels adding a real life existing element into a sci-fi show about zombies makes it unreal still has me laughing. It's not only believable it's HIGHLY probable people with any fighting disciplines would be higher up on the survivors lists.. especially martial arts that involve defense. Hand anyone a sword and their odds go way up, hand someone with training a sword and pity the zombies.

(Still wondering how Ninja fit into the whole "every Georgia redneck stereotype" though)

Jemadari

[30]Mar 30, 2012
    • level: 12

^^^ Excellent observation regarding realism within the paradigm of sci-fi discussions, but I'm still salivating at the thought of a zombified animal, my pet scorpion stung me once which was a week of hell of earth but a pet pitbull/zombie that would really up the stakes when it comes to alternative pet keeping

adamonfire

[31]Mar 31, 2012
    • level: 5

Helostwin wrote:
    OdumC wrote:
    But... she's not, and no where was it even remotely implied that she is a ninja. are you just trying to make it seem ridiculous to back up your "jumped the shark" theory by claiming they're using ninja in their zombie stories? I don't see a ninja chaining itself to a couple anchors like the ones Michonne was leading around. Follow up question, do you feel the show has no longer jumped the shark now that you know they aren't actually using a ninja?
    WHY ARE YOU BEING SO HOSTILE? I CALLED HER A NINJA BECAUSE I READ OTHER PEOPLE ON HERE CALLING HER THAT FIRST! I HAVE SAID THATR SEVERAL TIMES, I READ IT HERE FIRST. Go back & read the posts, MANY other people used that term BEFORE I DID. And yes I stiill do think the show has jumped the shark. Her character is unbelievable. The show is already full of offensive stereotypes ( redneck biker, hick sherriff, outlaw deputy, beaten wife & her brute husband, several ""Daisey Duke" wannabes ) I half expect them to slip the General Lee into an episode. This show is getting more & more rediculous, it's barely worth watching. The first season was excellent and the writing has deteriorated steadily since >> AND OTHER POSTERS HERE HAVE SAID THAT TOO, not just me.

Please drive to your nearest Sam's Club and buy an economy pack of brown lunch bags, because it's apparent you will need them to keep you calm over the next few months.

I just got up-to-date on the comics last night (they are quite amazing, I was even sitting at work thinking how I couldn't wait to get home to read more) and as others pointed out, this season would be a bust without her. So far I prefer what the show has done with the characters (and it's omissions and additions) and am hoping they do good by her as well.

PenguinSuzie

[32]Apr 4, 2012
    • level: 10

OdumC wrote:
    How I met Your Mothers version was just Ridiculous.
    What do you mean?
    Lion4Life wrote:
    It'd be awesome.

Lion4Life

[33]Apr 4, 2012
    • level: 30

adamonfire wrote:
    I just got up-to-date on the comics last night (they are quite amazing, I was even sitting at work thinking how I couldn't wait to get home to read more) and as others pointed out, this season would be a bust without her. So far I prefer what the show has done with the characters (and it's omissions and additions) and am hoping they do good by her as well.

The comics are really good. I never read any of them until last month, I started with the compendium. After I finished it I read Rise Of The Governor and I started picking up the trade paper backs. I have 9-12 but haven't started them yet, waiting for 13,14 and 15 to get here before I start.

OdumC

[34]Apr 5, 2012
    PenguinSuzie wrote:

OdumC wrote:
    How I met Your Mothers version was just Ridiculous.
    What do you mean?

Just joining in making fun of that tired old "ninja" dragging along 2 armless zombies" cliche the OP was pointing out has been added to the already tired group of cliche on the show.

ionee24

[35]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 32

Helostwin wrote:
    Does anyone else think TWD is "jumping the shark" with a ninja leading Walkers around on a leash? I know it's in the comic but to me it's too unbelievable.

Technically, it's neither a ninja nor a "he".

But talking more about it would be a spoiler so: nope, in a world filled with zombies this isn't unbelievable in any way. In fact, I'd expect most survivors should've figured out by now they can't survive on ammo anyway.

Crossbows, swords and axes are here to stay.

Edited on 04/05/2012 7:12pm

msmadrox

[36]Apr 8, 2012
    • level: 6

Her name is Michonne and she is amazing. The most believable character of the series and once I saw she was added to the cast, it made my heart sing, knowing that they will be going in the right direction to save this show.