TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCIn Season

Killer Within 3x04 Discussion Thread

beowulf579

[1]Nov 2, 2012
    • level: 59

This thread is to discuss the episode "Killer Within".

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OdumC

[2]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 8
    What an unbelievable episode.

2, possibly 3 regulars killed. T-Dog went out like a f'ing BOSS. even Lori went out with honor. no clue if they actually killed Carol, I'd have to rewatch it but I didn't see her body anywhere.

Looks like the prisoners are in the group now. Axel being a mechanic is a big plus. especially with generators and cars to work on, not to mention Daryl's bike.

and this was EXACTLY why I said before they needed to get proactive cleaning that place out. they were literally outside gathering wood to burn bodies like they were done instead of just getting started.

Hershel needs a peg-leg, not crutches. maybe they can add a hospital to their raiding list and score a prosthetic leg and modify it.

I know they didn't want to get hardcore using the knife on Lori so she wouldn't turn.. but Maggie peeked outside RIGHT before the shot and saw walkers still milling around... why didn't that gunshot bring the second wave down on them?

I really felt for Rick and Carl. and from the scenes for the next it doesn't look like Rick's handling it well.

disimny2003

[3]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 5

Finally T-Dog gets some lines and they just kill him off. I felt so sorry for Rick at the end. They way he just fell down at the end was heartbreaking.

OdumC

[4]Nov 5, 2012
    disimny2003 wrote:

Finally T-Dog gets some lines and they just kill him off. I felt so sorry for Rick at the end. They way he just fell down at the end was heartbreaking.

No lie, I had to do a rewatch and that end is just tragic.

I think that look he gave Carl, he realized what Carl had to do and just lost it.

Still didn't see Carol, so there's still hope she made it even though they went through the same door she did and got back to the courtyard..

kbelliveau

[5]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 10

The flashback to last season was so emotional, seeing how much more mature Carl had become. That scene was done flawlessly, all the way from the Lori telling Carl to do the right thing to them walking back with the baby. Such a heart breaking final 15 minutes for the prison crew. Chandler Riggs is becoming a great actor and Andrew Lincoln and Lauren Cohan proved once again why they are amazing actors.

angeleys151

[6]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 6

Each episode this season keeps getting better and better. I wasn't crying so much for Lori's death as I was for the reaction from everyone else; Carl's good bye, Rick's breakdown, even Maggie trying not to cry but being unsuccessful. T-Dog was great the way he threw himself on the walkers to save Carol, can't wait to see what happened to her. Of all the people I thought had jeopardized the prison Andrew had been nowhere on that list. I hope this means they are letting those 2 convicts join the group (didn't catch their names).

It's rare for me to think a subsequent season is better than the first, but in this case Season 3 is the one to beat and we are only a few episodes in.

headtoad

[7]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 5

the episode was great sad to see t-dog go but he went out well-hard

i was on end of my seat watching it the show just keeps getting better & better

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[8]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 13

Excellent episode. Perhaps the best one yet. T-DOG rest in peace and you went out sacrificing yourself and fighting. Lori, you went out with honor. Never thought I would be a little sad to see Lori go. The only thing about that episode I did not like is this whole story arc with Michonne and Laurie. Laurie and Michonne have been there in Fakewood too long for me and the inevitability of this story arc's revellations about the Governor is being dragged out too long. The Governor was trying to keep them there from the beginning and tried to learn as much as he could from them. Also, Lauri was one of the most perceptive ones in the group with Rick, but now all of a sudden she seems like she can't see anything but the Governor's smile. Merle has been a badass from the beginning, why would you think that would change??? Just seems a little unrealistic to me.Even putting aside the Governor's mysteriousness, I keep asking myself, would anybody on this thread ever trust Merle in any given situation during a zombie apocalypse? For me, heckkkkkk nawwwwww....

They both need to get out of there and link back up with Rick to add to the group.

Edited on 11/05/2012 10:04am

beowulf579

[9]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 59
    I think we have all learned a lesson from the Walking Dead.

When you are in a zombie apolocalypse and you are a third teir type of person....DON'T get all moralistic suddenly.

You'll end up like T-Dog or Dale.

OdumC

[10]Nov 5, 2012
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    I keep asking myself, would anybody on this thread ever trust Merle in any given situation during a zombie apocalypse? For me, heckkkkkk nawwwwww....

One thing to remember about Merle though is, sure he's a tool, but all we ever saw was heroin addict, strung out Merle on the roof of the building shooting at zombies and screaming at teammates

Sure the Governers group is "evil" but I'm sure in their minds, they're doing what must be done for the good of the group and it already looks like Merle is resisting that wanting to look for Daryl.

a Couple points I noticed.. but when Michonne is questioning the Governer about the confiscated trucks, she says "You'd think just one of them would drive away" and the Governer replies "They were heroes who fought to the last man.. they wouldn't leave anyone behind..." blah blah blah...

How did Michonne not latch onto that obvious lie? if one DID drive away, who would even know it? the truck and troopers would be gone...

then the part about the bulletholes and the Governer says "They must have run into bandits weeks ago"...

Why would he say weeks? why not just "Not a clue, that's how we found it." for such a smooth operator and born leader he's really bad at lying.

conquerorsaint

[11]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 2

well that escalated quickly!

I was expecting some of them to bite it this season but not so soon and just after a whole episode dedicated to Woodbury.

how the heck did that scumbag inmate survive anyway? I guess he climbs the fences real well.

poor t-dog going out like that. not a fan of Lori either but I guess she's served her purpose the past episodes. i'm guessing even glenn is not safe this season after all.

Edited on 11/05/2012 11:58pm

antdude

[12]Nov 6, 2012
    • level: 28
    The ending felt like a sad cliffhanger for a midseason break.

haldrey

[13]Nov 8, 2012
    • level: 22
    antdude wrote:

Yes, but luckily we only have to wait one week.

Raccoon1459

[14]Nov 9, 2012
    • level: 22
    Man, T-Dawg had a really bad day!

antdude

[15]Nov 12, 2012
    • level: 28
    haldrey wrote:
    antdude wrote:

Yes, but luckily we only have to wait one week.
    Yep, I wonder when the midseason.