The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCIn Season

Need some help on a potential goof from Killer Within

beowulf579

[1]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 59

Ok boys and girls....which leg did Herschel have amputated?

I ask because it seemed prior to the Walker attack he was on one leg but hwne Beth and him where behind the gate he was standing on the other leg. Does anyone have some video grabs they could check for us?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Marburg66

[2]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 6
    It was the right one & after looking over it, there was no change. There were a couple of moments when his injury was below camera where it appeared he may have actually been putting weight on it during filming, but I doubt he actually was.
    The guy playing Hershel knows what leg got the chop & even if the effects crew forgot left from right one day, I seriously doubt the actor himself would let something like that slide.

The only case where I could think of a mistake like that happening is if they reversed the print, but that's not the case either, otherwise the entire yard would look backwards, not just the leg

OdumC

[3]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 8
    Yeah right leg chopped, and just reviewed all the scenes with him and never saw an issue.

beowulf579

[4]Nov 5, 2012
    OdumC wrote:
    Yeah right leg chopped, and just reviewed all the scenes with him and never saw an issue.

Thanks. It was just a moment where him and Beth were behind the fence during the Walker attack that seemed odd to me.
    I'll double check this next Sunday just to clear it from my mind.

OdumC

[5]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 8
    I won't cost you a rewatch... Hell I've already watched it twice myself and think it might be marathon time with 2 major characters dying like that...

beowulf579

[6]Nov 5, 2012
    OdumC wrote:
    I won't cost you a rewatch... Hell I've already watched it twice myself and think it might be marathon time with 2 major characters dying like that...

Well..truth be told, I always watch the previous episode before the new one. Darn AMC got me where they want me.