The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCBetween Seasons

Season Three: Speculations, rumors and spoilers

beowulf579

[21]Mar 20, 2012
    • level: 59
    Well, Carl is still the youngest member of the group at around age 12 (right?). But next comes Beth Greene (played by 16 year old Emily Kinney). I was wondering...does she become the "Sophia" of the group now? Meaning, will she be the likely candidate for the story angles from the comics that belonged to Sophia?
    Or is it more likely that Beth will just end up walker-bait?

I dunno, I guess I would like to see how her character grows. Does she try to pal around with Carl or goes the Andrea route, trying to become a tough Alpha type female. Of course a great deal of it involves who we find in the prison. I just doubt there are too many positive people for a 16 year old teenaged girl to find in a prison.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Helostwin

[22]Mar 20, 2012
    • level: 17
    I'm wondering how Andrea was able to cover as much distance running as the others were in vehicles. It looks like she is as close to the prison as the rest of them are.

Second, if Randalls group was 5 miles down the road wouldn't they have come into contact with them? I'm presuming that they were not back the way the group came from the CDC. So they must have been further down the road toward the prison.

beowulf579

[23]Mar 20, 2012
    Real quick...above I mentioned a 16 year old Emily Kinney palying Beth...that is probably incorrect...but anyway.

Andrea covered so much because she had zombies on her butt the whole night...lol. Just kidding. Yeah, I agree...it does seem like she is rather close but maybe Michonne is travelling through and not part of the prison survivors. Or she is but doing some scouting when she ran into Andrea.

Sometimes people just disappear. Randall's group could be completely independant of the Prison ppl. If we are to take anything of face value from the two bar hoppers Rick killed...the group they are a part of seems to be travelling through the region. My guess is that they are a part of the prison group but we won't know about that for a few episodes into season 3 when someone mentions Randall or the two guys Rick killed.

ionee24

[24]Mar 20, 2012
    • level: 32

Helostwin wrote:
    I'm wondering how Andrea was able to cover as much distance running as the others were in vehicles. It looks like she is as close to the prison as the rest of them are.

I think she was quite behind, it's obvious to me she still hasn't made to Sophia's spot or else she would've been there by now.

The swordsman must have found her just outside of Hershel's for what it seems.

Edited on 03/20/2012 10:01pm

beowulf579

[25]Mar 21, 2012
    Let's figure it like this. Chances are, Andrea only got little 30 second breaks during her epic zombie marathon and was on the move for almost 12 straight hours. If she covered even a mile every half hour, she could have been 20-24 miles from the farm by the time that Michonne helped her.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[26]Mar 21, 2012
    • level: 13
    beowulf579 wrote:
    Let's figure it like this. Chances are, Andrea only got little 30 second breaks during her epic zombie marathon and was on the move for almost 12 straight hours. If she covered even a mile every half hour, she could have been 20-24 miles from the farm by the time that Michonne helped her.

Agreed.

Last time I checked, Walkers don't sleep. Much to your point, she was probably on the run the entire night and following day with Walkers chomping at her constantly. Originally, she had a bag with guns and Ammo. We see her at the end with only a knife left and a Walker right there. I would agree that she probably travelled at least 20 miles.

Helostwin

[27]Mar 21, 2012
    • level: 17
    t y everyone. Good answers!

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[28]Mar 22, 2012
    Helostwin wrote:
    t y everyone. Good answers!

I am still wondering/curious about Randall's group. If they were only about five miles away, they should have either seen the fire or smoke from the burning barn and/or heard all of the shots ringing out. I guess we will learn more about them in season 3.

beowulf579

[29]Mar 26, 2012

Off the topic but I thought some of you might appreciate this short story: http://www.johnjosephadams.com/the-living-dead/?page_id=30

adamonfire

[30]Mar 27, 2012
    • level: 5

Helostwin wrote:
    I'm wondering how Andrea was able to cover as much distance running as the others were in vehicles. It looks like she is as close to the prison as the rest of them are. Second, if Randalls group was 5 miles down the road wouldn't they have come into contact with them? I'm presuming that they were not back the way the group came from the CDC. So they must have been further down the road toward the prison.

You also have to factor that originally T-Dogg and Lori were going in the opposite direction and had to turn around. In addition to this, we do not know the layout for the roads - they could be winding and go out of the way before they came to their resting spot. If Andrea were following a straight-line path, she could travel to the same spot but over less distance, albeit much slower.

intirgue83

[31]Mar 30, 2012
    • level: 3

G3ckOz wrote:

Mitoch wrote:

G3ckOz wrote:

Nevada would be fun, Las Vegas, some gambling and loooads of walkers, Las Vegas would be a sweet setting for S03. More survivors, more twists, more fucked-up mistakes and harsh decisions to take. I'm sick of woods and farms and buildings. The scenery change would be welcomed in my book.

Um...you do realize Las Vegas is in the middle of a desert? 1) It would take a major effort to even get there (stocking up on food, water gas, etc.). 2) Why go there? What rationale could be made to go there all the way from Georgia? I could see them wanting to go someplace south, a warmer clime. But there's no reason to go to Vegas.

Yes i DO realize it's in the desert, would be a nice change in climate, harder to survive, more zombies in the city, rotting smell of corpses in that crazy heat, more survivors...who knows i don't write this shit, i was just imagining it and looks sexy in my head.

1).Food,water,gas (plenty of them all over), 2). To some secret military base perhaps, or another CDC base this one "FOR A REAL CURE". As for rationality, i've seen many decisions and various scenes and it's the opposite of rationale.

Anyway that's just me...imagining

how about some zombie doing some lap dance for the survivor? LMFAO!

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[32]Apr 2, 2012
    intirgue83 wrote:

G3ckOz wrote:

Mitoch wrote:

G3ckOz wrote:

Nevada would be fun, Las Vegas, some gambling and loooads of walkers, Las Vegas would be a sweet setting for S03. More survivors, more twists, more fucked-up mistakes and harsh decisions to take. I'm sick of woods and farms and buildings. The scenery change would be welcomed in my book.

Um...you do realize Las Vegas is in the middle of a desert? 1) It would take a major effort to even get there (stocking up on food, water gas, etc.). 2) Why go there? What rationale could be made to go there all the way from Georgia? I could see them wanting to go someplace south, a warmer clime. But there's no reason to go to Vegas.

Yes i DO realize it's in the desert, would be a nice change in climate, harder to survive, more zombies in the city, rotting smell of corpses in that crazy heat, more survivors...who knows i don't write this shit, i was just imagining it and looks sexy in my head.

1).Food,water,gas (plenty of them all over), 2). To some secret military base perhaps, or another CDC base this one "FOR A REAL CURE". As for rationality, i've seen many decisions and various scenes and it's the opposite of rationale.

Anyway that's just me...imagining

how about some zombie doing some lap dance for the survivor? LMFAO!

Too funny...

beowulf579

[33]Jun 14, 2012
    *Spoiler Warning*

Did anyone see the news about the return of a season one character? Hint...he would have a real hard time clapping

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[34]Jun 15, 2012
    beowulf579 wrote:
    *Spoiler Warning*

Did anyone see the news about the return of a season one character? Hint...he would have a real hard time clapping

No. I haven't. Where did you read this at?

OdumC

[35]Jun 15, 2012
    • level: 8
    Should make for some instant Daryl drama

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[36]Jun 18, 2012
    OdumC wrote:
    Should make for some instant Daryl drama

And some instant Rick drama...like he hasn't already had enough...

beowulf579

[37]Jun 18, 2012
    http://hollywooddame.com/2012/06/18/merle-dixon-love-and-blood-return-to-the-walking-dead/merle-dixon-michael-rooker/

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[38]Jun 19, 2012
    beowulf579 wrote:
    http://hollywooddame.com/2012/06/18/merle-dixon-love-and-blood-return-to-the-walking-dead/merle-dixon-michael-rooker/

Thanks!

No1Slayerette

[39]Jun 20, 2012
    • level: 9

Maybe T-Dog will finally have something to do now...

beowulf579

[40]Jun 21, 2012
    No1Slayerette wrote:

Maybe T-Dog will finally have something to do now...

Yeah..like run.