The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCBetween Seasons

Season Three: Speculations, rumors and spoilers

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[41]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 13
    beowulf579 wrote:
    No1Slayerette wrote:

Maybe T-Dog will finally have something to do now...

Yeah..like run.

Or hide under more dead people.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

beowulf579

[42]Jun 25, 2012
    • level: 59
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    beowulf579 wrote:
    No1Slayerette wrote:

Maybe T-Dog will finally have something to do now...

Yeah..like run.

Or hide under more dead people.

Hey..that was Darrel's idea..not T-Dogg's..lol. If anything, maybe T-Dogg can finish himself off this season. Last season he put a gash in his arm and about drank funky zombie water.

MrShotShot

[43]Jul 11, 2012
    • level: 15

A few spoilers here, but most have been let out of the bag already.

http://comicbook.com...crets-revealed/

Apparently Merle is going to be back. I'm assuming he shows up as part of the Governor's crew at Woodbury. Since the odds of surviving a self amputation in the middle of a zombie apocalypse are pretty thin, my theory is that he was rescued by the folks in the helicopter and then their story line played out just as it did in the comics with Merle convincing the Governor that his bad-assness could be of some use to him.

Adding him back in as a character also gives a nod to the comic in that at least some character will be without a hand. I never saw them being able to do this with Rick as 1) it would be too expensive in the long run production-wise and 2) it would be too limiting to the character.

October can't get here soon enough.

ionee24

[44]Jul 16, 2012
    • level: 32
    I've missed Merle. Funny how a show can be so good you actually miss the bad guys.

fujin_mage

[45]Aug 31, 2012
    • level: 7
    No1Slayerette wrote: Maybe T-Dog will finally have something to do now... Better yet:
    mayby he will finally DIE!!!

D-DawgMan1

[46]Aug 31, 2012
    • level: 49
    fujin_mage wrote:
    No1Slayerette wrote: Maybe T-Dog will finally have something to do now... Better yet:

Doesn't seem like it'll happen early in the season. I thought maybe T-Dog would get killed during the prison takeover because Rick told the Governor in the trailer that they spilled blood for the prison. Now, that might have meant killing all of the walkers, or it might have also meant someone died while they took over the prison. Wouldn't put it past them to kill off Carol, Hershel, or Beth during the prison takeover.

But I saw T-Dog when Rick went up to talk with the Governor. We'll see what happens. You never know what they could do with T-Dog, though.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[47]Sep 4, 2012
    D-DawgMan1 wrote:
    fujin_mage wrote:

Doesn't seem like it'll happen early in the season. I thought maybe T-Dog would get killed during the prison takeover because Rick told the Governor in the trailer that they spilled blood for the prison. Now, that might have meant killing all of the walkers, or it might have also meant someone died while they took over the prison. Wouldn't put it past them to kill off Carol, Hershel, or Beth during the prison takeover.

But I saw T-Dog when Rick went up to talk with the Governor. We'll see what happens. You never know what they could do with T-Dog, though.

I think some new characters will walk on to the show in the first episode and maybe they are the ones that Rick will be referring to when he was speaking to the Governor after one or all of the newbies get killed trying to take over the prison.

lachlan_j_g

[48]Sep 19, 2012
    • level: 11

one of the things I like about this show is that nobody is safe, other than maybe Rick. all of the characters are expendable.

one thing I just thought of, don't know if anyone has brought this up, is that when anyone dies, they become a zombie - back in the hospital, Shane checked Rick but couldn't find a pulse so assumed he was dead........ maybe he was? maybe he is immune from the virus?

D-DawgMan1

[49]Sep 19, 2012
    • level: 49
    lachlan_j_g wrote:

one of the things I like about this show is that nobody is safe, other than maybe Rick. all of the characters are expendable.

one thing I just thought of, don't know if anyone has brought this up, is that when anyone dies, they become a zombie - back in the hospital, Shane checked Rick but couldn't find a pulse so assumed he was dead........ maybe he was? maybe he is immune from the virus?

They never really explained the whole Rick in the hospital situation. But lachlan, it seems that everyone is infected with the virus. Just think of it as like a dormant form of the virus. It only becomes active in your body when you die so you turn into the walker. And if a walker bites you, then it must transmit the active form of the virus which will kill you and turn you into a walker.

The way I see it: Shane stopped to check Rick's pulse for maybe, five seconds? Not really much of a check in my opinion. And you have to face facts that people were getting shot around him and walkers were invading the hospital. The way I see it: Shane was just in such a hurry that he didn't have time to assess whether Rick was dead or not. He just assumed it. By blocking the door, walkers wouldn't bother with it. It seems the walkers don't really have the sense of smell like some films portray them to have. They mostly focus on the immediate area around them, or they seem to happen upon something for them to eat. Basically, if you're in that area, you're doomed.

So from what I observed, I would conclude that Rick never died. He was just in a coma and happened to wake up weeks later to find the world as he knew it was gone. And Shane just didn't have time to do a proper check on Rick to ascertain whether he was dead or not. The virus is dormant in living beings, but becomes active if a walker bites them and transmits the active form, or the person dies and the virus is able to take over the body. Way I see it, living bodies must have an anti-body that allows them to fight off the virus unless it's an active form of it.

ionee24

[50]Sep 23, 2012
    • level: 32

lachlan_j_g wrote:

one of the things I like about this show is that nobody is safe, other than maybe Rick.

It makes me all the more attached to them than I should, even Merle.

It feels awful when one of them dies, even Patricia.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[51]Sep 24, 2012
    D-DawgMan1 wrote:
    lachlan_j_g wrote:

They never really explained the whole Rick in the hospital situation. But lachlan, it seems that everyone is infected with the virus. Just think of it as like a dormant form of the virus. It only becomes active in your body when you die so you turn into the walker. And if a walker bites you, then it must transmit the active form of the virus which will kill you and turn you into a walker.

The way I see it: Shane stopped to check Rick's pulse for maybe, five seconds? Not really much of a check in my opinion. And you have to face facts that people were getting shot around him and walkers were invading the hospital. The way I see it: Shane was just in such a hurry that he didn't have time to assess whether Rick was dead or not. He just assumed it. By blocking the door, walkers wouldn't bother with it. It seems the walkers don't really have the sense of smell like some films portray them to have. They mostly focus on the immediate area around them, or they seem to happen upon something for them to eat. Basically, if you're in that area, you're doomed.

So from what I observed, I would conclude that Rick never died. He was just in a coma and happened to wake up weeks later to find the world as he knew it was gone. And Shane just didn't have time to do a proper check on Rick to ascertain whether he was dead or not. The virus is dormant in living beings, but becomes active if a walker bites them and transmits the active form, or the person dies and the virus is able to take over the body. Way I see it, living bodies must have an anti-body that allows them to fight off the virus unless it's an active form of it.

Agreed!

Great assessment!

jimman1

[52]Sep 25, 2012
    • level: 4

I`m not sure how you figured she was a s close ase they are?

Raccoon1459

[53]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 22

Six more days until that season premiere!

mattgus

[54]Oct 14, 2012
    • level: 14
    regarding smell. i've been watching the marathon and rick uses his own bllood to get 2 walkers to come to him in the ep when they are going to leave the prisoner behind...those details seem to change from movie to movie etc... what makes this one of the most compelling dramas on tv or anywhere are the stories. i can't say i have seen a drama as intense and thrilling as it is on this series. the acting is also of the highest calibur...as the second season progressed,even thou i had seen it b/4 i was at the end of my seat and not just with walker scenes,no, with the intense conflict and philosophic,psychological moments,decisions and tensions...and more than a few big surprises....as season 2 srarted to draw to a close i thought how do they top this ,where do they go. and now that we know it will be to confront a totalitarian gov. i can see that the ride is far from being over...