The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCIn Season

Sick 3x02 Discussion Thread

beowulf579

[1]Oct 19, 2012
    • level: 59

This thread is for discussing the seaon 3 episode "Sick".

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Raccoon1459

[2]Oct 21, 2012
    • level: 22
    Ol' Hershel's hanging in there, but just barely.

PenguinSuzie

[3]Oct 22, 2012
    • level: 10

Not as good as the first episode IMO.

Pros:
    -Hershel's alive!
    -Rick didn't shoot that guy in the head.
    -That that zombie was wearing underwear. Thank God!
    -More T-Dog.
    -They have food now and the mentioned where it is that they plan to use for fields.
    -Daryl being called Robin Hood, him with his crossbow. Yeah they are badass and that small group took out around 50 walkers. Mostly Daryl and Rick if I remember correctly. With the others chipping in too, especially with the ones at the fence.
    -Carol has something to do. I liked that Hershel taught others his healing kills, the group certainly will be needing skills like that at some point. I hope it's something they all try to learn, like how the are all learning to defend and protect themselves.

Cons:
    -Carl is still an idiot.
    -I hated what they did to the prisoners I mean I kind of hated that main prison guy and he was real threat, but what had the others done to the group? Did they think they'd want revenge or something. I mean what Rick did to that guy, that's horrifying, it's the kind of thing that Shane would have done (doing something with good reasons/intentions but being so utterly ruthless) I wonder if Rick is heading in the same mad direction that Shane ended up in.
    -I found Lori a lot more annoying this episode than last, she tells Rick he's not a killer but she nudged the conversation to the topic of killing them to protect the group (did anyone else get the impression that's where she wanted the conversation to go) she's also the one that convinced Rick that Shane was a danger to them and that he should 'do' something about it.
    -I didn't like how it came across like Maggie was trying to convince Hershel to just die. I really do get that she didn't want to get her hopes up and that she wanted to reassure him, but to me I kept worrying that she was going to 'mercy kill' him and suffocate him or something .

I feel bad for laughing at the 'they were good men... *silence from group*" bit.

(It blurs the word sni-ggering REALLY?!)

Edited on 10/22/2012 6:07am

lachlan_j_g

[4]Oct 22, 2012
    • level: 11

great episode - really mixed up the action and drama well, I think the writers are doing that a lot better. I wonder if we will have any flashbacks to the time in between season 2 and 3 - I wanna know what Lori did to save the others. I wonder who was spying on Carol - maybe Merl?

Raccoon1459

[5]Oct 22, 2012
    Somebody better help Carol. I fear she's in danger.

beowulf579

[6]Oct 22, 2012
    Did anyone else think, "Daaaaaaamn!", when Rick chopped that guy in the head. I had figured he was going to pansy out but that was early 2nd season Rick....NOT this Rick.

I'm going to miss Big Tiny. I had high hopes for him.

OMGosh! Carl actually killed a Walker. That has to be the first time we have seen that on screen.

beowulf579

[7]Oct 22, 2012
    Correction...Carol I meant..not Carl.

Helostwin

[8]Oct 22, 2012
    • level: 17
    beowulf579 wrote:
    Did anyone else think, "Daaaaaaamn!", when Rick chopped that guy in the head. I had figured he was going to pansy out but that was early 2nd season Rick....NOT this Rick.

I'm going to miss Big Tiny. I had high hopes for him.

OMGosh! Carl actually killed a Walker. That has to be the first time we have seen that on screen.

Carl killed 2 walkers while finding the infirmary which saved Herschels life. He's turning into a real little badass, despite what haters ^^^^ think

conquerorsaint

[9]Oct 23, 2012
    • level: 2

they were being chased by a horde of walkers just before amputating hershel, why is it only one riot gear zombie is behind it when they re-open it? just as convenient that the zombies are gone after just hiding a few moments in the closet/rooms when they got separated. aren't they usually persistent and keep clawing at the last known entry points? they even get back to their cell block with ease and the coast is clear with only just a few zombies all of a sudden.

incredibly stupid of carol to just pick out a zombie girl just with glenn. they should've waited for the others before starting her c-section lesson. any number of things could've compromised that entry point. carol should've taken the zombie girl inside further at least as well to share/spread the knowledge at least.

ballsy move by lori to give mouth-to-mouth, especially when they are more dangerous than ever at the risk of turning.

felt bad for the big guy, they could've at least made him take point as a metshield for a while at least before he turned. I am glad the latino guy got taken out because it was clear he was a threat to everyone.

the inmates charging in and repeatedly stabbing the zombies was hilarious though

Edited on 10/23/2012 12:22am

Merkavar

[10]Oct 23, 2012
    • level: 2

anyone else confused by the zomification rules?

So they are all infected

if you die your become a zombie

but some how being bitten/scratched is bad like its double infected somehow?

like hersel was already infected so how did chopping his leg off help?

lachlan_j_g

[11]Oct 23, 2012
    • level: 11

Merkavar wrote:

anyone else confused by the zomification rules?

So they are all infected

if you die your become a zombie

but some how being bitten/scratched is bad like its double infected somehow?

like hersel was already infected so how did chopping his leg off help?

the bite is like poison, it accelerates the dying process. chopping Herschel's leg off prevented the posion from travelling to the rest of his body

beowulf579

[12]Oct 23, 2012
    It was established in the first season what a bite/scratch (exchange of Walker blood to a living person) can do to a person. It was Jim that got bit and had a severe fever that ended up killing him. We guess it killed him off screen after the crew left him.

But with the one prisoner...his wound was in a place where they couldn't remove the infected area without killing him.

Raccoon1459

[13]Oct 24, 2012

Seriously, Carl should watch how he talks to his mama!

Edited on 10/24/2012 5:22am

danharr

[14]Oct 24, 2012
    • level: 45

I wasn't surprised at all by Ricks resolve it was clear episode one he's changed but the cruelty of leaving the prisoner to be eaten that was a surprise.

beowulf579

[15]Oct 24, 2012
    danharr wrote:

I wasn't surprised at all by Ricks resolve it was clear episode one he's changed but the cruelty of leaving the prisoner to be eaten that was a surprise.

Not only that but to tell him that he better run was very cold. He could have just shut the door and that would have been that...but not the new Rick. He gives mean little quips to those about to die.

OdumC

[16]Nov 2, 2012
    • level: 8
    I was surprised he bothered chasing him at all. once he tried to kill Rick then ran into an uncleansed area, then it becomes a case of "Ok well guys mr badass over there just volunteered to finish the clean out. good luck and seeya."