TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCIn Season

Sophia better have a good recovery

Raccoon1459

[21]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 22
    ionee24 wrote:
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    RIP Sophia.

I hope she didn't suffer and I'm grateful the farm people took her, for as long as her afterlife did last.

R.I.P. Sophia, may you find Jim, Amy and Dr. Jenner's wife in that big farm in the sky.

She's been through a lot! Missing, zombified, and now dead.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OdumC

[22]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 8
    beowulf579 wrote:
    What I was most disappointed by with Sophia's afterlife wasn't really with her but the reaction sof Carol and Daryl.
    Those two characters should have had the most screen time to show their reactions but didn't. I mean, Carol did exactly what I thought she would and went running toward the obvious Walker Sophia and if not for Daryl would have gotten bit. After he stopped her...that was essentially it for the both of them.
    They showed what their reactions were, they weren't THAT engrossing that they needed to keep the camera on them exclusively, She collapsed and Daryl was holding her looking at Sophia, they both looked heartbroken.. it was a loss for the whole group so it's fitting they shared the reaction.

I don't see why people object to Carol and Daryl tbh.. they look age appropriate, they both have that "backwoods bred" vibe to them, they'd make a pretty believable couple imo. once she grows out that prison haircut Ed probably made her wear. She's not worthless, she's like the mother hen of the group, always washing clothes, she cooks a lot, when Laurie and Shane got back Carol immediately leads her away to get her cleaned up...she's by far not the zombie warrior goddess, but she provides a needed service for the group.. she runs the "household"

Ploop

[23]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 5
    OdumC wrote:
    beowulf579 wrote:
    What I was most disappointed by with Sophia's afterlife wasn't really with her but the reaction sof Carol and Daryl.
    Those two characters should have had the most screen time to show their reactions but didn't. I mean, Carol did exactly what I thought she would and went running toward the obvious Walker Sophia and if not for Daryl would have gotten bit. After he stopped her...that was essentially it for the both of them.
    They showed what their reactions were, they weren't THAT engrossing that they needed to keep the camera on them exclusively, She collapsed and Daryl was holding her looking at Sophia, they both looked heartbroken.. it was a loss for the whole group so it's fitting they shared the reaction.

I don't see why people object to Carol and Daryl tbh.. they look age appropriate, they both have that "backwoods bred" vibe to them, they'd make a pretty believable couple imo. once she grows out that prison haircut Ed probably made her wear. She's not worthless, she's like the mother hen of the group, always washing clothes, she cooks a lot, when Laurie and Shane got back Carol immediately leads her away to get her cleaned up...she's by far not the zombie warrior goddess, but she provides a needed service for the group.. she runs the "household"

Carol and Daryl is seriously messed up , man!

Ploop

[24]Nov 28, 2011
    So is Andrea and Dale... O_o

umbradley

[25]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 2
    Ploop wrote:
    So is Andrea and Dale... O_o

That's why we'll never see it on TV, only the comics.

beowulf579

[26]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 59
    umbradley wrote:
    beowulf579 wrote:

What else would a grief stricken mother do other than run towards her child?

Logic and reason go out the window in those situations.

Don't get me wrong..I am not condemning her for her actions...I am just saying those actions were very predictable and dangerous. On one thread we were talking about the strongest vs the weakest and Carol is the weakest of the group. Case in point right here; if this wasn't the controlled "Shane Show" but something where the group was surrounded on all sides by Walkers and little Walker Sophia shown up. Carol would have broke ranks...get killed and probably get others killed as well.
    Not hating on Carol...just pointing out an obvious flaw in her ability to survive.

beowulf579

[27]Nov 28, 2011
    One thing I mentioned in my blog that sux about all this is that Sophia never knew what happened to anyone. Last she saw, Rick was being chased by Walkers and for all she knew..the Walkers got the rest of the group. After all, they had been chasing her.

Also, just about every girl I ever knew (some adult women too in that) wants a hero to come and save them from the monsters in their lives. Sophia never had that growing up. Her "hero" should have been her dad and we know how he was.

Sure Rick swoop down to save her but as I said before..she never knew what happened to Rick and in truth, wasn't saved at all. She was lost, cold, hungry and scared out of her mind. Daryl, he might be a redneck but in an alternative reality he would have been a diamond-in-the-rough Knight for how he was in this story arc, worked his butt off trying to save Sophia but she never knew.

Lastly, at some point she got hurt or straight up bit. She must have been able to get away from whatever hurt her since that was all the damage we saw, but think from her perspective. She is old enough to know what happenes to those that get bit but unlike (Jim??) that got bit and accepted that fate, Sophia doesn't have that ability. She's hurt, fading fast and knows at some level what happens when you die. Her last thoughts must have been about her Mom, wanting someone to save her and whether or not she is really "there" as a Walker when she dies. Horrible horrible end for her.

Ploop

[28]Nov 28, 2011
    wow someone hit the jack daniels too hard here and got deep....

Gera777

[29]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 9

beowulf579 wrote:

Lastly, at some point she got hurt or straight up bit. She must have been able to get away from whatever hurt her since that was all the damage we saw, but think from her perspective. She is old enough to know what happenes to those that get bit but unlike (Jim??) that got bit and accepted that fate, Sophia doesn't have that ability. She's hurt, fading fast and knows at some level what happens when you die. Her last thoughts must have been about her Mom, wanting someone to save her and whether or not she is really "there" as a Walker when she dies. Horrible horrible end for her.

I don't see the point here. But if you try to say that appearance in the barn was Zonbphia's master-plan, then I think that's tooooo complicated for zombies.

But OK. Let's pretend that zombies remember last thing they wanted to do. How does she/it find the farm so Otis could get her to the barn? I think that's only very dramatic coincidence.

beowulf579

[30]Nov 28, 2011
    Lol...you two don't understand. I will assume I got too deep for one and didn't make myself clear for the other. What I mean is what was going through Sophia's mind just prior to dying. It's obvious that she got away from whatever hurt her or she would have ended up like the half-a-walker from the series very first episode.
    Since she didn't die instantly and maybe I am being a bit dramatic but perhaps she had time to think about what was happening to her and what was going to happen to her very shortly.
    In no way was I trying to say that a Walker has any knowledge of their past life. Heck, anyone that watches the show knows that doesn't happen..it was spelled out in the final ep of last season.

mwgfgrey

[31]Nov 28, 2011

To the person who said "that's why we'll never see it on tv only the comics," you need to think about what you're saying first. A lot of things that happened in the comics haven't happened in the show and vice versa. For example, Daryl was never in them, but he's probably my favorite character. I think last night's episode proves that anything is possible.

Gera777

[32]Nov 29, 2011

beowulf579 wrote:
    Lol...you two don't understand. I will assume I got too deep for one and didn't make myself clear for the other. What I mean is what was going through Sophia's mind just prior to dying. It's obvious that she got away from whatever hurt her or she would have ended up like the half-a-walker from the series very first episode. Since she didn't die instantly and maybe I am being a bit dramatic but perhaps she had time to think about what was happening to her and what was going to happen to her very shortly. In no way was I trying to say that a Walker has any knowledge of their past life. Heck, anyone that watches the show knows that doesn't happen..it was spelled out in the final ep of last season.

Oh, that episode was a crap. Don't you think there should be massive research to confirm that? If this was true why zombies eat their former loved one? Or why don't they attack other zombies to protect their former families?

Amazon_Hollow

[33]Nov 29, 2011
    • level: 8

It appears when a character disappears white the show is still going. It means is the Actor or Actress have left the program and want to do something else with their career starting. So, I guess the actress plays sophina want to move on and do something else with her acting career. It happens all the time with any tv program. If the actress plays sophina have stay on the show? She would've been found at the time Carl got shot on accident. I guess they couldn't find another actress comes close enough play as Sophia as an replacement. So they want ahead wite off Sophina by turning her into surpiring Zombie walker instead.

marknmo

[35]Nov 29, 2011
    • level: 12
    Gera777 wrote:

beowulf579 wrote:
    Lol...you two don't understand. I will assume I got too deep for one and didn't make myself clear for the other. What I mean is what was going through Sophia's mind just prior to dying. It's obvious that she got away from whatever hurt her or she would have ended up like the half-a-walker from the series very first episode. Since she didn't die instantly and maybe I am being a bit dramatic but perhaps she had time to think about what was happening to her and what was going to happen to her very shortly. In no way was I trying to say that a Walker has any knowledge of their past life. Heck, anyone that watches the show knows that doesn't happen..it was spelled out in the final ep of last season.

Oh, that episode was a crap. Don't you think there should be massive research to confirm that? If this was true why zombies eat their former loved one? Or why don't they attack other zombies to protect their former families?

You're still not getting it. Beowulf is talking about Sophia's final thoughts before she died and became a zombie, he's NOT talking about what's going through the mind of ZOMBIE-Sophia.

BTW, Beowulf, I really like your analysis of what Sophia's life must have been like for her along with her final hours. I hadn't thought of all of that from her perspective, and it makes what happened to her that much more heartbreaking. I also agree that she must have been bitten but managed to still break away since she wasn't chewed up more than she was.

ltcomstella

[36]Nov 29, 2011
    • level: 18

well you could look at the clues in another way

the blanket and the food eaten: before / after she was bit she came across the house and took shelter

the doll: she dropped it either from being chased by a walker or after she turned, or one of hershels camp threw it in the river and it followed the stream/current, cos some zombies hang on to things they where holding.

rick shot her as he felt responsible for her fate, then again she did move when he told her to stay..

Gera777

[37]Nov 29, 2011

Amazon_Hollow wrote:

It appears when a character disappears white the show is still going. It means is the Actor or Actress have left the program and want to do something else with their career starting. So, I guess the actress plays sophina want to move on and do something else with her acting career. It happens all the time with any tv program. If the actress plays sophina have stay on the show? She would've been found at the time Carl got shot on accident. I guess they couldn't find another actress comes close enough play as Sophia as an replacement. So they want ahead wite off Sophina by turning her into surpiring Zombie walker instead.

Actually Robert Kirkman said that actress who played Sophia didn't want to die and was very upset. And BTW do you think any kid who want to be an actor/actress wanted to move on from such popular show? I don't believe in this.

beowulf579

[38]Nov 29, 2011
    If one goes to Madison's family page "Lintz Kids", you will see that they are quite busy and Madison has roles set up for the future.
    And one never knows...if AMC decides to do some webisodes to show Sophia's story, we will see her more.
    Maybe they will bring her back for a few flashbacks. Especially if they show anyone on Herschel's farm having done something to her that led to her death.
    Could you imagine the backlash if it turns out Otis did something that got her killed just prior to the whole Carl incident? You'll start getting ppl saying Shane did the right thing shooting Otis.

Thanks Marknmo, and that's why I can't go with some of the theories saying that she wandered into the barn. If she did, she would have been torn up something horrible.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[39]Nov 29, 2011
    • level: 13
    beowulf579 wrote:
    If one goes to Madison's family page "Lintz Kids", you will see that they are quite busy and Madison has roles set up for the future.
    And one never knows...if AMC decides to do some webisodes to show Sophia's story, we will see her more.
    Maybe they will bring her back for a few flashbacks. Especially if they show anyone on Herschel's farm having done something to her that led to her death.
    Could you imagine the backlash if it turns out Otis did something that got her killed just prior to the whole Carl incident? You'll start getting ppl saying Shane did the right thing shooting Otis.

Thanks Marknmo, and that's why I can't go with some of the theories saying that she wandered into the barn. If she did, she would have been torn up something horrible.

That's a very interesting point. You seem to always bring up a unique perspective. Thanks for your posts.

Gera777

[40]Nov 29, 2011

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    beowulf579 wrote:
    If one goes to Madison's family page "Lintz Kids", you will see that they are quite busy and Madison has roles set up for the future. And one never knows...if AMC decides to do some webisodes to show Sophia's story, we will see her more. Maybe they will bring her back for a few flashbacks. Especially if they show anyone on Herschel's farm having done something to her that led to her death. Could you imagine the backlash if it turns out Otis did something that got her killed just prior to the whole Carl incident? You'll start getting ppl saying Shane did the right thing shooting Otis. Thanks Marknmo, and that's why I can't go with some of the theories saying that she wandered into the barn. If she did, she would have been torn up something horrible.
    That's a very interesting point. You seem to always bring up a unique perspective. Thanks for your posts.

Agree. This could be really great turn if Otis appears to be a bad guy.