The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCIn Season

The Walking Dead ORG RPG Game

D-DawgMan1

[1]Sep 13, 2012
    • level: 49

Hello, prospective contestants, and welcome to the very first Walking Dead Online Reality Game and Role Playing Game a.k.a The Walking Dead ORG RPG. This game will allow contestants to enter the world of the Walking Dead and have a chance to portray a character from the Walking Dead. This will allow them to make their own path and decisions on what they would do in the Walking Dead apocalypse.

This game is a RPG in the sense that you guys are going to be writing your own role play of the famed TV and Comic Series: The Walking Dead. You will be able to take control of a character and write a great story with the rest of your fellow authors. However, this is also an ORG since it will involve eliminating people from the story. Just like the Walking Dead, characters are killed off by the dreaded zombies, killed by one of their fellow survivors, or possibly very simply like falling off a cliff, a disease, etc. How and when that might happen will be determined by your survival skills, your collaboration efforts in the game, and your ability to survive, claim power, and write a great story. At the end, only one of you will be left standing to claim the title of Award Winning Author and will use your writing skills to end up the sole survivor by the end of the story.

You will use your writing to create a good storyline for your character while also competing in challenges to make several determinations about the game.

EDITOR: Each week, there will a challenge where one of you will become a position known as the Editor. This person is going to be responsible for eliminating a player that week. An editor is allowed to make changes to the story and this will allow you to take control of the other characters when the time comes to eliminatea player. The Editor can change the story and will kill off one of the characters by the end of the Editor's Post. Your character dying in the story means you are out of the game. Once the Editor makes the Editor's Post, the characters will be sent back to their appropriate authors and the story will continue.

IMMUNITY: For the majority of the game, there will be an opportunity for players to remain safe from the dreaded power of the Editor. If you win immunity, your character cannot be killed off or controlled by the Editor. If you are hoping to keep a certain persona about your character and if you want to stay in the game. Immunity is the asnwer you are looking for.

This game can be about creating a great story and keeping your character in a desired position in the game. The Editor is free to do whatever they want no matter how the story is going so no character could ever really be safe or secure in the Walking Dead world. Similar to how the show and comic books are a character can be killed off at any time for any reason. It's up to you to keep yourself safe by doing whatever you must do to survive the world of the zombies.

SIGN UP RIGHT HERE. IT'S FIRST COME FIRST SERVED FOR THE CHARACTERS. WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PICK THE CHARACTER YOU WANT. BUT REMEMBER, IN THE END, IT'S NOT ABOUT WHAT CHARACTER YOU NECESSARILY HAVE, IT'S ABOUT WHETHER YOU HAVE THE SKILLS AND THE WIT TO KEEP YOUR CHARACTER SAFE WHEN THE TIME COMES FOR THE EDITOR TO STRIKE.

Good luck, and I hope that sign up is finished soon so we can get started.

PLEASE DO NOT WRITE ANYTHING YET FOR THE STORY. YOU CAN POST AN INTRODUCTION OF YOURSELF, WHY YOU LIKE THE WALKING DEAD, AND IF YOU CHOOSE, WHY YOU CHOSE THE CHARACTER YOU CHOSE.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

D-DawgMan1

[2]Sep 13, 2012
    Here is a list of characters you can choose from, and descriptions for all of them if you are not familiar with the Walking Dead:

RICK
    Before the apocalypse, Rick was a police officer. He is known for wearing his hat and carries a Colt Python six-shot revolver. Rick is considered the leader of the group for his ability to always be able to look at the big picture and stands up to others. But Rick can sometimes be reckless with his decisions and this can have consequences on the rest of the group. Rick tries to do the right thing, but the safety of his family always comes first. Rick is married to Lori, and Carl is his son.

LORI
    Lori is the husband of Rick and the mother of Carl. Lori had a relationship with Shane after thinking Rick was dead which caused some tension between her and Shane. Lori is always concerned about the safety of Carl and is also pregnant with a child from either Rick or Shane. Lori is not afraid to state her opinion and will delegate tasks to the other women at times. While there are some emotional times for Lori, she has the capability of taking out walkers and is considered one of the tougher women in the group. SHANE
    Before the apocalypse, Shane was Rick’s partner in the field. Shane rescued Carl and Lori at the beginning and had a sexual relationship with Lori. Shane is looked upon by some as a leader for being able to make the tough choice at times. These decisions can be reckless and can be a danger to others. Shane is very tough and has the ability to kill multiple walkers with his Mossberg 500 shotgun. Shane is protective of Lori and Carl, and does want to maintain his friendship with Rick. DALE
    Dale is one of the older members of the group. He owns and drives the RV that the group travels in. Dale is seen as someone who others can trust and confide in if they need to address a problem or situation. Dale is also seen as the survivor who wants to maintain humanity among the group and won’t make rash decisions. Dale has a special relationship with Andrea and wants to protect her. Dale’s weapon of choice is a rifle.

DARYL
    Daryl is considered to be the loyal soldier as well as a tough guy in the zombie apocalypse. Daryl is the younger brother of Merle. Daryl does have a bit of a temper and can be confrontational with his fellow survivors. But he is willing to risk his life for his fellow survivors and shows he does have a soft side to him. Daryl is a survivalist and can hunt for the group to bring them food. Daryl’s choice of weapon is a crossbow. MERLE
    Merle is the older brother of Daryl. Merle is hotheaded and gets into a lot of confrontations with his fellow survivors. He is not really much of a team player and does have some racist beliefs which put him at odds with T-Dog. While Merle may not get along with his fellow survivors, he is tough and someone you would want to have to combat the zombie threats. Merle is skilled with many different weapons, and may or may not be missing one hand.

ANDREA
    Andrea is the older sister of the deceased Amy. Andrea has developed into a tough woman with a deadly accuracy with a pistol. Some may feel that Andrea has a death wish, but respect her for her ability to protect the group. Andrea promotes free choice in the group and doesn’t like to be talked down to by anyone including Lori and Dale. Andrea does have more of a hardened personality, but she does have a soft spot for Dale. HERSHEL
    Hershel is the father of Maggie and presumably the oldest survivor thus far. Hershel is a family man and is very protective of everyone. Hershel kept a barn full of walkers because he thought they were alive, but has come to understand that they are dead. While he was initially reluctant to let Rick’s people stay, he broke through that barrier and helped them. Hershel also wants to cling to humanity, but is willing to make the hard choice that will protect his family. Hershel is deadly accurate with a shotgun.

GLENN
    Glenn is a younger male who used to be a pizza delivery man before the apocalypse. Glenn is the gatherer of the group and frequently makes runs into towns to gather supplies. Glenn is in a relationship with Maggie. Glenn is someone that people trust, but is constantly picked to do risky things like going down into a well where a walker resides. Glenn tries to keep peace in the group and is gullible to revealing secrets. But Glenn does have the ability to defend himself if walkers attack the group.

MAGGIE
    Maggie is the daughter of Hershel and the girlfriend of Glenn. Maggie loves her family and is really starting to grow in her relationship with Glenn. Maggie is not afraid to tell others what is on her mind and is condescending of people telling her what to do. Maggie is learning to fight the walkers and is starting to learn to hold her own. Maggie and Glenn have their disagreements, but are overall inseparable and their love may be growing in the zombie apocalypse.

CARL
    Carl is the son of Rick and Lori. Carl was being protected by many of the group members from the walkers and was being treated like a child. Carl is growing up in the zombie world and everyone has realized that he needs to be given the same responsibility as adults. Carl is curious about the world he is growing up in, but he has become tougher as a result. He is receiving training with guns and has proven he can hold his own in a fight if necessary. Has a special friendship with the only other child in the group, Sophia. There may or may not be a love connection there.

CAROL
    Carol is the mother of Sophia. Carol suffered at the beginning under the threat of her abusive husband, Ed. But since Ed’s death, Carol has become more independent and cares for her daughter, Sophia. Many look at Carol as the caregiver and mother of the group. She tends to be reserved and can be emotional at times, but everyone, especially Daryl, has a soft spot for her and wants to protect her. While Carol hasn’t killed a walker yet, it is clear that she is becoming a tougher woman.

MICHONNE
    Michonne was a loner in the beginning and traveled with two walkers in chains for her own protection. Michonne doesn’t show a lot of emotion and tends to have a harder personality. Michonne hasn’t come in contact with the survivors group yet, but it is clear that anyone would want to have her in a zombie world. Her weapon of choice is a sword and she can take down any walker with one swift move. She could definitely rival anyone as the toughest person in the zombie apocalypse.

THE GOVERNOR
    The Governor is the leader of another group of survivors that live in the town of Woodbury. The Governor is ruthless and is taking advantage of the zombie apocalypse by proclaiming himself almost in a dictatorship role in Woodbury. The Governor doesn’t like competition and considers Rick and his group enemies that possess things he wants. The Governor is very persuasive over others and is a tough fighter against the walkers.

T-DOG
    T-Dog is more of a quiet person in the zombie apocalypse. At times, he does think selfishly and feels he’s expendable in the group. But overall, he is loyal to his friends and also has interesting motivations. He is willing to risk his life for people that may not like him. T-Dog doesn’t take a lot of nonsense from people and will stand up for himself. If walkers come into the campsite, T-Dog is experienced enough in a variety of weapons to help fight off the walkers. RANDALL
    Randall is a member of Woodbury that was separated from them during a raid. Rick’s group took care of Randall, but is suspicious of him because his friends shot at them. Randall can come off as a bit of a jerk at first, but he does seem like a team player and offers to help out Rick and the others. Randall can hold his own against the walkers, but still faces the challenge of whether Rick’s group can trust him or if they need to get rid of him.

DR. EDWIN JENNER
    Dr. Edwin Jenner is the last remaining member of the CDC who was trying to find a cure for the zombie apocalypse. Dr. Jenner is motivated by trying to find the cure, but becomes disillusioned when contact is lost from the rest of the world. He has not had any direct contact with the walkers since he has been locked inside the CDC. Dr. Jenner does have some compassion for people and does have a supply of weapons he can defend himself with should he decide to leave the CDC.

SOPHIA
    Sophia is the daughter of Carol. Sophia is around the same age as Carl and is protected by the group from the dangers of the zombie world. Sophia is very close to her mother, Carol, and also has a tight friendship with Carl. But along with Carl, it is tough growing up in the zombie world as a child and Sophia is learning to grow up fast in her surroundings. Sophia has had no weapons training yet, but she has great potential and possibly time to grow up in the zombie world and learn these skills

yaminion

[3]Sep 13, 2012
    • level: 23
    Glad to see tha game is up, Derek. I wanted to make sure I was here to make the first pick. For those of you that don't know me, I go by Yami on these forums. I have played multiple ORG's the past. I am a big fan of these games. I saw the first episode of The Walking Dead and I plan to watch the rest of Season 1 and 2 when I get the chance. Good luck to you all.

I choose Lori.

D-DawgMan1

[4]Sep 13, 2012
    CONTESTANTS:

1. YAMINION (YAMI)- LORI

Rick
    Shane
    Dale
    Daryl
    Merle
    Andrea
    Hershel
    Glenn
    Maggie
    Carl
    Carol
    Michonne
    The Governor
    T-Dog
    Randall
    Dr. Edwin Jenner
    Sophia

Welcome to the game, Yami. Thank you for signing up. When a character is chosen, please remove their name from this list so everyone knows who was chosen and who is still up for grabs.

darkbender24

[5]Sep 13, 2012
    • level: 12

Hello everyone I am Jose and a BIG fan of TWD. Its just awesome. I am looking forward to playing this game. I choose the character "the governor".

Contestants:

1. YAMINION (YAMI)- LORI

2. DARKBENDER24- The Governor

Rick

Shane

Dale

Daryl

Merle

Andrea

Hershel

Glenn

Maggie

Carl

Carol

Michonne

The Governor

T-Dog

Randall

Dr. Edwin Jenner

Sophia

Randyspeeps

[6]Sep 13, 2012
    • level: 34

Hola!

I'm Speeps. Looking forward to this game....Yami is my mom

Contestants:

1. YAMINION (YAMI)- LORI

2. DARKBENDER24- The Governor

3. Speeps - Carl

Rick

Shane

Dale

Daryl

Merle

Andrea

Hershel

Glenn

Maggie

Carl

Carol

Michonne

The Governor

T-Dog

Randall

Dr. Edwin Jenner

Sophia

yaminion

[7]Sep 13, 2012
    Me, Marco and Jose are all playing! That instantly makes this an exciting game!

D-DawgMan1

[8]Sep 13, 2012
    Rick
    Shane
    Dale
    Daryl
    Merle
    Andrea
    Hershel
    Glenn
    Maggie
    Carol
    Michonne
    T-Dog
    Randall
    Dr. Edwin Jenner
    Sophia

Thanks for signing up, Yami, Marco and Jose. Very interesting character choices thus far. Can't wait to see who else is going to be joining us!

1. YAMINION- (YAMI) Lori
    2. DARKBENDER (JOSE) The Governor
    3. RANDYSPEEPS (MARCO) Carl

D-DawgMan1

[9]Sep 14, 2012
    COME ON, EVERYONE! Please sign up for the game. It's going to be a lot of fun, promise.

dool_girl

[10]Sep 15, 2012
    • level: 27
    Count me in. My computer is being weird so I can't copy and paste the entire list...can someone fix it for me please? I think I will be Maggie.

D-DawgMan1

[11]Sep 15, 2012
    Rick
    Shane
    Dale
    Daryl
    Merle
    Andrea
    Hershel
    Glenn
    Carol
    Michonne
    T-Dog
    Randall
    Dr. Edwin Jenner
    Sophia

Thanks for signing up, Yami, Marco and Jose. Very interesting character choices thus far. Can't wait to see who else is going to be joining us!

1. YAMINION- (YAMI) Lori
    4. DOOLGIRL (AMANDA) Maggie

Amanda! Thank you for signing up. It is a pleasure to have you in this game. Keep signing up, everyone. Even if we can just get 9 people, we can still play and in the end, everyone can have two characters. But if we get more, then that's even better. Keep letting people know!

spideynerd3

[12]Sep 15, 2012
    • level: 29

I'm having an issue copying and pasting the list... Getting a "Tag br may not have attribute style" error, so I'm not going to bother with it any more. I'm going to pick Glenn, who is one of my favorites in the show currently.

D-DawgMan1

[13]Sep 16, 2012
    Rick
    Shane
    Dale
    Daryl
    Merle
    Andrea
    Hershel
    Carol
    Michonne
    T-Dog
    Randall
    Dr. Edwin Jenner
    Sophia

1. YAMINION- (YAMI) Lori
    5. SPIDEYNERD (CODY) Glenn

Thank you for joining, Cody! At least four more people and we could get started. More are always welcome, but four would be golden!

UnovaChampion

[14]Sep 17, 2012
    • level: 18
    I'll take Rick.

1. YAMINION- (YAMI) Lori
    6. UNOVACHAMPION (BRENDAN) Rick

yaminion

[15]Sep 17, 2012
    Welcome, Brendan! Come on, people, sign up so we could get this game started

D-DawgMan1

[16]Sep 17, 2012
    Shane
    Dale
    Daryl
    Merle
    Andrea
    Hershel
    Carol
    Michonne
    T-Dog
    Randall
    Dr. Edwin Jenner
    Sophia

1. YAMINION- (YAMI) Lori

Thank you for signing up, Brendan! Glad to have you onboard. Now, if we can at least get three more people, I would be willing to start the game. After 9 people sign up, I'll give another twenty-four hours for anyone else to sign up, and then if nobody does, we'll start.

D-DawgMan1

[17]Sep 19, 2012
    Keep signing up, guys! I think what'll happen is if nobody else signs up by Saturday, then I am going to start with everyone getting three people. I really don't know if we'll get anyone else cause there aren't a lot of people that play these games any longer. But I would rather have a few people that really want to play and stay dedicated than eighteen and not have a few participate. Let me know what you guys think, but I want to start the game soon.

BriannaRoach

[18]Sep 23, 2012
    • level: 11
    I would like to play if I still can..

I'll be Andrea!

Randyspeeps

[19]Sep 23, 2012
    • level: 34
    BriannaRoach wrote:
    I would like to play if I still can..

I'll be Andrea!
    Welcome Brianna! Good to have you join us.

D-DawgMan1

[20]Sep 24, 2012
    Shane
    Dale
    Daryl
    Merle
    Hershel
    Carol
    Michonne
    T-Dog
    Randall
    Dr. Edwin Jenner
    Sophia

1. YAMINION- (YAMI) Lori
    7. BRIANNAROACH (BRIANNA) Andrea

Welcome, Brianna! Thank you for signing up. I will give another twenty-four hours for anyone else who wants to sign up. After that, we will begin our first challenge tomorrow night, Tuesday September 25, at 8:00 p.m. EST. It will be a time based competition so be here for it! Because this challenge is going to determine two things:

1. THE EDITOR POSITION! The person who finishes first in this competition tomorrow will become the first editor.

2. THE CHARACTER DIVISION. We have seven people now and I have decided that to make it fair, I am going to add two more characters to the game giving everyone three lives! Their revelation will be revealed tomorrow. Depending on how you finish in the competition will determine what order you will pick new characters!