The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCBetween Seasons

The Walking Dead the game from telltalegames Episode 1

ltcomstella

[1]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 18

I know it's a game and this is a tv forum but thought i'd post up a topic

I've got it on the pc via steam so if your stuck orneed help or have questions post them here !

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OdumC

[2]May 1, 2012
    • level: 8
    Hey cool I got it on Steam too.. going nuts waiting on episode 2 now....

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[3]May 2, 2012
    • level: 13
    OdumC wrote:

I am confused. Is this a game or new episodes or both?

OdumC

[4]May 2, 2012
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    OdumC wrote:

Both, it's a 5 part game, each "chapter" comes out monthly and takes probably 2-3 hours to play

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[5]May 2, 2012
    OdumC wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    OdumC wrote:

Both, it's a 5 part game, each "chapter" comes out monthly and takes probably 2-3 hours to play

Ok. Is this game based on the current situation with the show? What is Steam?

OdumC

[6]May 2, 2012
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    OdumC wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    OdumC wrote:

It starts when the outbreak began but it's a side story not involving the main cast (even though We've seen Hershel's farm and Glen..) but the stories veer away from them being anything central.. it's about your character and their choices.

Steam is an online gaming service, I've been using it for a few years, they have really good game sales and it manages and organizes your games without the intrusive spyware backgrounds of things like EA and Origin. you can play multiplayer games, manage a friends list, take screenshots in games, link to facebook for posting screenshots and such, really a nice set up. you buy games digitally and it installs them for you and manages all updates and allows re-installs so it beats the disk method IMO as I take care of my disks but over the years have had to re-purchase some old favorites as the disks start not working for whatever reason, be it normal wear and tear or just age.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[7]May 3, 2012
    OdumC wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    OdumC wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    OdumC wrote:

It starts when the outbreak began but it's a side story not involving the main cast (even though We've seen Hershel's farm and Glen..) but the stories veer away from them being anything central.. it's about your character and their choices.

Steam is an online gaming service, I've been using it for a few years, they have really good game sales and it manages and organizes your games without the intrusive spyware backgrounds of things like EA and Origin. you can play multiplayer games, manage a friends list, take screenshots in games, link to facebook for posting screenshots and such, really a nice set up. you buy games digitally and it installs them for you and manages all updates and allows re-installs so it beats the disk method IMO as I take care of my disks but over the years have had to re-purchase some old favorites as the disks start not working for whatever reason, be it normal wear and tear or just age.

Thanks for the info. I will look it up over the weekend. Have to make a business trip to Washington DC for the weekend and will look up Steam and the game on my down time. Thanks again!

OdumC

[8]Sep 24, 2012
    I've kind of lost interest in it at this point.. they changed the monthly releases to a "whenever the hell we feel like it" format (episode 3 just came out not too long ago) and it seems like the "Choices" you make don't really matter. not game changing in the least.. sort of a spoiler, but in episode 1 there's a big choice on who to save in one scene, now in ep. 3, the one you saved gets killed without contributing anything to the game since saving them.

They really dropped the ball on this IMO.
    Edited on 09/24/2012 12:24pm