The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCBetween Seasons

This show hates black people

beowulf579

[21]Mar 5, 2012
    • level: 59
    OdumC wrote:
    Actually it's a little unrealistic to even find one black guy with the group as they know hanging out with a group of all white people is the fastest way to end up dead in a situation like that.

This is why T-Dog can't walk 3 feet without almost severing an artery in his arm, he's not clumsy, fate was trying to kill him.

You make it sound like if Rick had finished that noose, odds were that T-Dog would have stumbled into it and killed himself.

I do hope they begin to flesh out his character though. Dale was the only one that ever had a conversation with him and he's gone now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OdumC

[22]Mar 5, 2012
    • level: 8
    They could very easily, Dale ate up a lot of screentime with his non stop complaining, Hell, I already hate Shane and I was getting tired of hearing Dale tattle all the time.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[23]Mar 7, 2012
    • level: 13
    OdumC wrote:
    They could very easily, Dale ate up a lot of screentime with his non stop complaining, Hell, I already hate Shane and I was getting tired of hearing Dale tattle all the time.

I am starting to hate that I agree with you everytime you post something...I am going to have to ask for help from my State Farm representative.

"Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there"...with ODUMC posting a comment I don't agree with!!

zsandmann

[24]Mar 8, 2012
    • level: 5
    Michonne.

n3IVI0

[25]Mar 12, 2012
    • level: 2
    Precisely. Wait 'til Michonne. Uber-badass with a samurai sword.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[26]Mar 12, 2012
    n3IVI0 wrote:
    Precisely. Wait 'til Michonne. Uber-badass with a samurai sword.

If there were about 100 master samurais with razor sharp swords, we could do some damage against the Walkers...only head slashes...

n3IVI0

[27]Mar 13, 2012
    She usually just takes the top of their heads off. Instant "kill".

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[28]Mar 13, 2012
    n3IVI0 wrote:
    She usually just takes the top of their heads off. Instant "kill".

Probably could take out hundreds of Walkers with 10 people with that skill set.

OdumC

[29]Mar 13, 2012
    Easily.. I don't know why they're so dead set on using guns and ringing the dinner bell when melee works just as good, even better considering you don't draw everything around for miles.

Ant0ni00

[30]Oct 24, 2012

OdumC wrote:
    Easily.. I don't know why they're so dead set on using guns and ringing the dinner bell when melee works just as good, even better considering you don't draw everything around for miles.

I don't think hand-to-hand combat is their thing. Michonne looks kinda trained at it. Whether she triained herself or was taught doesn't matter. She knows what to do and how to do it when it comes to the long blade. Rick's group going hand-to-hand the majority of the time would equate to like two characters left.

Oh yeah! The reason I clicked the thread.

- T-Dog has no relationship with the cast that we the viewers can see as substantial.

- T-Dog doesn't have sex. He and Carl are virgins. However, Carl is about to smash Beth. So T-Dog will likely die a virgin.

- T-Dog can't be left alone for more than five minutes without almost killing himself.

- T-Dog is the only guy I've seen with more mass than a pro wrestler who can't fight.

- T-Dog looks at everything as if it annoys him severly. This is probably because he needs to get some.

- When T-Dog is off-screen, I never notice.

He'll likely die in spectacular fashion this season.

P.S. - I don't think T-Dog is actually a virgin. I mean from the perspective that every other adult cast member has had some kind of romantic encounter.

Edited on 10/24/2012 12:13pm

Bionetic

[31]Oct 29, 2012
    I agree this show is racist. I mean the sole indication is how undeveloped T-Dawg's character is. He barely gets any lines and he doesn't have a substantial role in the show. Even Carl seems to have more say in the group then T-Dawg. I expected season 3 to change that, with the firing of the showrunner and the inclusion of the black woman wielding the samurai sword to fix that, but she has been too quiet. I'm not sure if it's her character or if they are using her character as an excuse to not give her lines.

PenguinSuzie

[32]Oct 30, 2012
    • level: 10

This show is not racist. True T-Dog has been the least developed character of the group and for S1/2 barely had any lines at all but I don't think it had anything to do with being black, he's just an underdeveloped character. Half of the characters are idiots, a least he's avoided that, not much consolation though. Also Michonne just isn't talkative. T-Dog is suppose to get a lot more screen time this season which is good and I've noticed that so far that's been the case.

Just because a show doesn't have as much diversity as it could, doesn't mean it's racist/homophobic/sexist or whatever.

Ant0ni00 wrote:
    I mean from the perspective that every other adult cast member has had some kind of romantic encounter.
    Hershal, Beth, Merle, Dale, Daryl and Carol (unless you count any possible future relationship between them.) and that's just off the top of my head. Pretty much the only characters that do get any on this show are the ones in relationship drama; Glenn & Maggie, Shane & Lori & Rick. Then randomly with Andrea. That's pretty much it. It's not like there's a lot of people to choose from, especially if you want to avoid getting caught up in their drama.

I really hope there's nothing between Beth and Carl, he's like 12 and she's like 18/19 or something.

Edited on 10/30/2012 5:50pm

beowulf579

[33]Oct 31, 2012
    Let's also pause and consider the distribution of African American populations shall we. If one of the complaints is that there is not that many African Americans..ask yourself where a great deal of them reside right now in the real world. Rural or urban areas? The vast majority of African Americans reside in the Atlanta area...right where the plague would have been the worse.

Also consider that Georgia's population is 30% African American. So in a even out manner, about 30% of all the people we have seen should be African American. But have they? I think you'll see that European Americans tend to make up the vast bulk of the Walkers. Should they complain for making up the majority of that group.

No..the Walking Dead does not hate black people. Df not in the numbers world.

OdumC

[34]Nov 2, 2012
    I think the complaint is they don't get the choice lines or story arcs. and on that note, I feel, as a white person, I should get to complain because Dale was an annoying tattletale, Shane was an evil SOB, same with Merle, hell for that matter everyone whose tried to kill the group has been an evil white person...

At least the Governers not... oh wait....

beowulf579

[35]Nov 2, 2012
    OdumC wrote:
    I think the complaint is they don't get the choice lines or story arcs. and on that note, I feel, as a white person, I should get to complain because Dale was an annoying tattletale, Shane was an evil SOB, same with Merle, hell for that matter everyone whose tried to kill the group has been an evil white person...

Lol...yeah, all the villians have been white people. The Walking Dead hates white people!

You got the one African American guy that helped Rick at the very beginning. Good.
    Glenn (Asian-American) saved Rick's butt in the beginning. Good.
    The Hispanic-American guys (Vatos) stayed to help the old people when the doctors and nurses (come on, you know they were white because they..)..ran away. Good.
    T-Dog has done no harm except to himself. Ummm..good? Lol.

I just don't see much of a problem really. Glenn is one of the most focused characters on the show and T-Dog is slowly developing more. Michonne has been one of the most anticipated characters ever. So there is no real problem as far as I can see.

Bionetic

[36]Nov 5, 2012
    OdumC wrote:

OdumC got it right. The argument isn't about how many black people appear on the show and it's not about how good or bad they are, it's about how integral their role in the show is. It's about how important they are to the overall plot. Even the kid got more lines then he did. And just as he began to have some role, they kill him off. Even having a bunch of stereotypical black criminals that are interesting and important to the plot is better then having subservient black characters that feel like second class citizens.

For example, the black guy with the kid had maybe two episodes yet his role was so fundamental that people still remember him. T-Dog has been on the show since the beginning yet he barely has ever been used at all. His most important moment probably was when Meryl made him the target of his racism and even then the spot light was mostly Meryl's . T-Dog was under developed character. I mean all the men are portrayed as these assertive alpha types and he's always in the background being instructed. For those of you who argue how many negative white characters there are. You're partially right that there has been alot of negative white characters, but that has been negated by all the positive white characters on the show. I shouldn't have to list them. And many of them for the most part are given substantial roles. If you don't believe me look at alot of the promo from the Walking Dead tv show. Notice whose usually missing.. They exclude him from many of the pics and when they include him he's way in the background like a second class character. Truthfully, I think the veiled racism was part of the second season primarily, but that seemingly has changed from what I can tell so far. I have noticed. And for the record, I think this show is really sexist too for the most part. All these big strong men defending the submissive nurturing women.

OdumC

[37]Nov 5, 2012
    Yeah but not all the convicts were black, there were hispanic and white in there too. and while you can argue one of the black ones went dark side while another went the other way to save Rick, I can't help but feel Rick had that coming for chasing him outside into a zombie filled yard then shutting the gate on him to get eaten.

Jim Bit, left on the side of the road to die.
    Shane, Major player, died a treasonous insane dirtbag.
    Dale, who just would not stop preaching died a stupid senseless death.

meanwhile, T-Dog an admittedly underused character died in one of the most selfless noble deaths they've shown so far.

Let's be honest, so far the story arcs have been Rick/Ricks Family then Sophia. While T-Dog wasn't a major player in either, he was still there, the same as every other character that got little to no screen time.and it's a shame he got killed because they were actually using him a lot this season. looking at the weakest links thread you can see he stayed up towards the top ever since the season premiere.

Sure we didn't get a lot of T-Dog back story, but besides Rick, Lori and Shane, who DID get a lot of back story?

I won't say he was a third class character, but he was most definitely a supporting character.. along with a lot of others, white/black/asian.(Yeah I'm looking at you Glen... you used to be the man for store raids, but what have you done for them LATELY??)