The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCBetween Seasons

true blood Vs walking dead?

Ghost304

[1]Sep 12, 2011
    • level: 5

I saw the true blood final gave it 9.5 like it or not many people myself included will watch season 5. However anyone watch the promo for the new season walking dead is looking to go head to head with it's strongest enemy true blood and walking dead are both there first in there class. True blood however had to come back after that bad season three. Walking dead in my mind had a strong final. Looking at the previews and reading the books there sticking to the source more close. This season looks to touch on the premise of the story. getting bye in a zombie world. The promo when the cop buts down the badge and says"this dosn't mean anything anymore" was already moving meaning the heart in this year and great acting returns strong. AMC is a master at crafting story Breaking bad need I saw more they in my mind give cable networks such as HBO a run for there money. Pitting these two shows aganst each other is smart f both sides I mean I even wonder whos season will be stronger True blood season4 or walking dead still just a child waiting to grow. I mean this new show stormed to the front of the pack with a stambling start but it seems just now grounding itself and wants to be the big dog. With true blood holding on tight to the supernatral rains I think this show may be on it's heels.

Write back and tell me what u think.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

antdude

[2]Oct 1, 2011
    • level: 27
    I didn't like True Blood (TB), but Walking Dead was better. Plus, zombies are better than vampires. TB had a lot of nudity too.

kepa55

[3]Oct 15, 2011
    • level: 8

I really don't see these two shows having much in common, except of course both being sci-fi/fantasy shows. And people dying in horrible ways in both of them

Raccoon1459

[4]Oct 16, 2011
    • level: 22
    I saw True Blood before and it wasn't what I thought it was going to be. Walking Dead all the way.

suzy3852

[5]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 3

i really like true blood cause i love vampire shows and movies. also love the walking dead. and zombieland and dawn of the dead both movies, 1979 and 2004. i dont have the box to watch any of the pay tvs so watch those shows and others if i miss any online.

Ploop

[6]Dec 4, 2011
    *gets a total freak out*

Gera777

[7]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 9

This is the example of two great shows. Why do you need to choose?

Though I don't watch it live because of time difference.

Shane94

[8]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 2
    Walking Dead takes a SHIT on true blood. NO CONTEST

ionee24

[10]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 32
    antdude wrote:
    I didn't like True Blood (TB), but Walking Dead was better. Plus, zombies are better than vampires. TB had a lot of nudity too.

I watch both but they are so completely different I can't say one is better than the other: True Blood is a character driven piece that delves in the emotional angle of people relationships - maker/progeny, boyfriend/girlfriend, packmaster/werewolves, brother/sister, skinwalker/shapeshifter, etc. - where The Walking Dead is a character driven piece that delves in the core of people under suvival conditions - what would you do you if your daughter is a zombie, what would you do if your wife gets pregnant with another man's baby, what would you do to the man who shot your child, would you keep your love ones when/if zombified, etc. - which makes them edgy and great in completely different ways IMO.

beowulf579

[11]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 59
    I'll be watching the Walking Dead. With it, there is a force of nature that is uncaring..the zombies.
    With True Blood (good show mind you), it's a different type of drama. Let's say that the Twilight ppl would gte their drama fix better from True Blood than The Walking Dead if that helps in comparing the two.

OdumC

[12]Dec 6, 2011
    Vampires are ruined for me since they got neutered to be love interests.

Walking Dead all the way.

until they start making zombies sparkle and hang out at high schools looking for soulmates. then I guess it's on to whatever classic creature they haven't tweened down for mass consumption.

Ploop

[13]Dec 7, 2011
    OdumC wrote:

until they start making zombies sparkle and hang out at high schools looking for soulmates. then I guess it's on to whatever classic creature they haven't tweened down for mass consumption.

And who made up that vampires fall in love like crazed teen girls btw? Essentially, a vampire is a nasty creature, or am i wrong about that? Didn't the myth start with some queen in slovakia (or somewhere else in Gothic Europe) that was assumed to have bathed in virgin blood (female) cuz she thought she could live forever??? Am not detecting any love story there!

I remember that the only vamp movie i liked was 'underworld'...still somewhat of a love story but less sparkle. int with a Vampire was okay too but the book was better (we had a cool eng teacher that sometimes let us read books that didn't pass as true literature..lool)

OdumC

[14]Dec 7, 2011
    Ploop wrote:
    OdumC wrote:

And who made up that vampires fall in love like crazed teen girls btw? Essentially, a vampire is a nasty creature, or am i wrong about that? Didn't the myth start with some queen in slovakia (or somewhere else in Gothic Europe) that was assumed to have bathed in virgin blood (female) cuz she thought she could live forever??? Am not detecting any love story there!

I remember that the only vamp movie i liked was 'underworld'...still somewhat of a love story but less sparkle. int with a Vampire was okay too but the book was better (we had a cool eng teacher that sometimes let us read books that didn't pass as true literature..lool)
    personally I think it startd with Interview with the Vampire, at least casting Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt as the evil creatures made the tweens squirm in their chairs and start wanting vampires, then came Buffy, then Angel, then vampire diaries, then twilight, then the market was saturated and crap like moonlight..

so if you ever see a brad pitt or tom cruise zombie we're screwed because they're shambling towards a high school lookin fo love.

Ploop

[15]Dec 7, 2011
    According to respectable sources (the Simpsons)zombies don't appeal to the teen girl target market...so i think we have nothing to fear

ionee24

[16]Dec 7, 2011

ionee24 wrote:
    I watch both but they are so completely different I can't say one is better than the other: True Blood is a character driven piece that delves in the emotional angle of people relationships - maker/progeny, boyfriend/girlfriend, packmaster/werewolves, brother/sister, skinwalker/shapeshifter, etc. - where The Walking Dead is a character driven piece that delves in the core of people under suvival conditions - what would you do you if your daughter is a zombie, what would you do if your wife gets pregnant with another man's baby, what would you do to the man who shot your child, would you keep your love ones when/if zombified, etc. - which makes them edgy and great in completely different ways IMO.
    beowulf579 wrote:
    I'll be watching the Walking Dead. With it, there is a force of nature that is uncaring..the zombies. With True Blood (good show mind you), it's a different type of drama. Let's say that the Twilight ppl would gte their drama fix better from True Blood than The Walking Dead if that helps in comparing the two.

Not really, Twillight brats mostly want to pick up a fight over who's the better "lover" so any man will do whether its Shane vs Rick, Stefan vs Damon or Eric vs Bill, as long as there's two guys in the show, they'll find a way to put a "spin" on it. Now, Twillight moms, on the other hand, I'd agree they would get more from True Blood than The Walking Dead in their "quest for drama" because they are still trying to live vicariously through a Bella character and Lori, for all her flaws, is definitely not that kind of person.

Ploop

[17]Dec 7, 2011
    LOL I can totally imagine it though! :

You already got the muscular super strong werewolf sexy bad boy, a in-touch-with-his-feminine side sparkling vampire....and now the new super hero will be...A confused by door knobs , stinky and barely walking (on his broken ankle with a twisted foot) Zombie boy who's arm falls off along the way...LOL

ionee24

[18]Dec 7, 2011
    ionee24 wrote:
    Not really, Twillight brats mostly want to pick up a fight over who's the better "lover" so any man will do whether its Shane vs Rick, Stefan vs Damon or Eric vs Bill, as long as there's two guys in the show, they'll find a way to put a "spin" on it. Now, Twillight moms, on the other hand, I'd agree they would get more from True Blood than The Walking Dead in their "quest for drama" because they are still trying to live vicariously through a Bella character and Lori, for all her flaws, is definitely not that kind of person.

Ploop wrote:
    LOL I can totally imagine it though! :

You already got the muscular super strong werewolf sexy bad boy, a in-touch-with-his-feminine side sparkling vampire....and now the new super hero will be...A confused by door knobs , stinky and barely walking (on his broken ankle with a twisted foot) Zombie boy who's arm falls off along the way...LOL

It would be ridicuous, since you can't romanticize the sombies Twillight brats/moms are stuck with the living and I seriously doubt they are able to fantasize with those.

Helostwin

[19]Dec 7, 2011
    • level: 17
    [QUOTE="ionee24"]

ionee24 wrote:
    Not really, Twillight brats mostly want to pick up a fight over who's the better "lover" so any man will do whether its Shane vs Rick, Stefan vs Damon or Eric vs Bill, as long as there's two guys in the show, they'll find a way to put a "spin" on it. Now, Twillight moms, on the other hand, I'd agree they would get more from True Blood than The Walking Dead in their "quest for drama" because they are still trying to live vicariously through a Bella character

Absolute garbage comment ^^^. I didn't see any other movie makle $800 million Thanksgiving weekend. You are completely out of touch with popular culture.

OdumC

[20]Dec 7, 2011
    In other words, never underestimate the ticket power of the little girls from the food court