The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCBetween Seasons

What is the timeline? (Spoilers)

ericsin01

[1]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 1

From what the show has said in season 2 we are lead to believe that the entire 2 seasons are taking place in a 3 week time span? How is this possible? First off this means Rick was able to find his family within 1-2 days of coming out of the coma. That is probably the best luck of anyone left alive. How long was he in a coma without food and water that his body was able to stay alive? Carl is shot and makes a complete recovery within 7 days? I could see this being months but 3 weeks? I realize this is a TV show and you sometimes have to supsend disbelief but this timeline is impossible. Someone has to explain this to me as I have not read the comics.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Gera777

[2]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 9

In comic book Carl recovered even faster. Between their arrival and departure from farm was like 3 issues. And this is like 3 days or less.

Ploop

[3]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 5
    Yeah asked the same in 'timing is a cheat'...and yeah...Carl got better WAAAAYYYY too fast *gives carl the suspicious eye*

Ploop

[4]Nov 28, 2011

CARL = ALICE (RE)

Surprised

Dammit!

Shane94

[5]Dec 1, 2011
    • level: 2
    i calculated it and i got about 15-18 days from when rick woke up. and about 80-90 days from when he was shot. i also added 2 days in between season 1 & 2 for travel time.

Gera777

[6]Dec 1, 2011
    Shane94 wrote:
    i calculated it and i got about 15-18 days from when rick woke up. and about 80-90 days from when he was shot. i also added 2 days in between season 1 & 2 for travel time.

Tough two and a half weeks. I don't believe human could such temp for long.
    And how do you calculate actual quantity of days when Rick was unconscious?

Shane94

[7]Dec 1, 2011

well online ive read rick was uncontious for roughly 60 days. im not sure if its true. but it seems about right. any longer and he would have died, and any shorter and his town would have still had lots of people

Shane94

[8]Dec 1, 2011
    but the 15-18 days i got from counting in the show, and adding 2 days from traveling from the CDC

beowulf579

[9]Dec 1, 2011
    • level: 59
    If one takes the info that Jenner gave in his video at the CDC, then the events of the last episode in season 1 happened roughly six months after the outbreak went global. That should mean that Rick was shot shortly before that time. I would guess sometime in early spring.
    The entire show has happened in a spring-summer-fall setting, Georgia might not have a real snowy type of winter but it still gets colder than we have seen so far on the show.
    It would be interesting to see how the group survives when late fall and winter settles in.

Gera777

[10]Dec 1, 2011
    beowulf579 wrote:
    If one takes the info that Jenner gave in his video at the CDC, then the events of the last episode in season 1 happened roughly six months after the outbreak went global. That should mean that Rick was shot shortly before that time. I would guess sometime in early spring.
    The entire show has happened in a spring-summer-fall setting, Georgia might not have a real snowy type of winter but it still gets colder than we have seen so far on the show.
    It would be interesting to see how the group survives when late fall and winter settles in.

Actually in comix survivors on snowy road before they came to the farm. I believe this shift because it is hard to make such series in time of the snow storm on highway. But maybe will see such action after hiatus!

Ploop

[11]Dec 1, 2011
    It's all a magical time continuum for me...some things last forever (sofia) but in TWD time its just a day...and certain things seem fast (rick getting out of a coma and finding his family) and they take long in TWD time...IT DRIVES ME MAD I TELL YOU!!!

* gets the urge to drink some tea, quarrow with time and solve this wonderful riddle...'why is a raven like a writing desk????'*

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[12]Dec 2, 2011
    • level: 13
    This question was asked on The Talkind Dead and the creators of the show were not able to give a definite time span. They said if you go back through all of the episodes you can get a rough idea of how much time has passed.

oz_island

[13]Dec 2, 2011
    • level: 12
    Yeah...the timeline on this show is really bad. Jenner said that 63 days had passed since the infection or virus went global. I honestly don't know how Rick lasted so long in his hospital bed (it would have been longer than 63 days if that's when it went global).

Shane94

[14]Dec 2, 2011
    oz_island wrote:
    Yeah...the timeline on this show is really bad. Jenner said that 63 days had passed since the infection or virus went global. I honestly don't know how Rick lasted so long in his hospital bed (it would have been longer than 63 days if that's when it went global).

yea and it probably went global like 2 months after rick was in a coma.

oz_island

[15]Dec 2, 2011
    • level: 12
    Shane94 wrote:
    oz_island wrote:

Yep...Jenner said it was day 194 since Wildfire was declared...I can only assume that was the day they decided to Napalm the city(s).

Shane94

[16]Dec 2, 2011
    oz_island wrote:
    Shane94 wrote:
    oz_island wrote:

Yep...Jenner said it was day 194 since Wildfire was declared...I can only assume that was the day they decided to Napalm the city(s).

thats a good catch.....maybe the zombie infection could be known as wildfire since how it spreads so fast. it makes more sense. 194 days of the infection 63 since it went global. makes more sense that way