The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCBetween Seasons

What's going to happen to Merle?

What's going to happen to Merle?

beowulf579

[1]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 59

Put up a little poll. This is for fun. Merle has made an enemy of nearly everyone on the show. Right now...I think only Daryl has the slightest possibility of sticking with his brother. But what do you think?

My "death of Merle" story would have him at the prison running from Walker and runs into a closed cell door. He fumbles for the key with his good hand...it slips out and he can't catch it with his "bad" hand and it falls either in a grate or bounces out of reach on the other side of the door. Last words, "Well that just figures."

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

amandabraz

[2]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 6
    I think that despite having enemies all around, Merle will find a way to survive. He's like a cockroach. I just pity Daryl, he's done nothing but good things and now he's stuck with a shitty brother in a shittier situation! Excited to see what happens.
    I wonder what Andrea's reaction will be.

beowulf579

[3]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 59
    I'll go to Walking Dead Heck for this but I'm a little bit ashamed of Daryl at the moment. He got caught somehow and we didn't get to see how. He didn't seem injured and as far as I could tell he wasn't pinned up against a wall with no avenue of escape.

PenguinSuzie

[4]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 10
    He probably got cornered trying to escape after the others. Maybe he ran out of ammunition and got caught in the fog. It is a pity that we didn't get to see what happened and that we can only speculate. Maybe there will be a deleted scene on the DVD's,

OdumC

[5]Dec 4, 2012
    • level: 8
    beowulf579 wrote:
    I'll go to Walking Dead Heck for this but I'm a little bit ashamed of Daryl at the moment. He got caught somehow and we didn't get to see how. He didn't seem injured and as far as I could tell he wasn't pinned up against a wall with no avenue of escape.

I'm pretty sure he gave himself up looking for Merle. I refuse to believe Daryl could be captured any other way.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[6]Dec 4, 2012
    • level: 13
    OdumC wrote:
    beowulf579 wrote:

I'm pretty sure he gave himself up looking for Merle. I refuse to believe Daryl could be captured any other way.

I totally agree! Daryl is too resourceful to get caught without causing a lot of damage!

He more than likely gave himself up to get the chance to talk to his brother. I probably would have done the same.

I didn't see Merle in any of the future episode sneak peaks so I am thinking he will not make it. I did see Daryl.

LordGrievous

[7]Dec 4, 2012

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    OdumC wrote:
    beowulf579 wrote:
    I totally agree! Daryl is too resourceful to get caught without causing a lot of damage! He more than likely gave himself up to get the chance to talk to his brother. I probably would have done the same. I didn't see Merle in any of the future episode sneak peaks so I am thinking he will not make it. I did see Daryl.

Yeah but there is a scene where Glenn asking "what is he doing here?!" which hints that Merle escaped too.

qtwanderer

[8]Dec 5, 2012
    • level: 27
    I think he'll make it out, abit bruised and backstabbed but nothing hes not used to. But I'm curious what twisted game both Daryl and Merle would be put into- fight to the death or a fightingpit full of zombies...

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[9]Dec 5, 2012
    LordGrievous wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    OdumC wrote:
    beowulf579 wrote:
    I totally agree! Daryl is too resourceful to get caught without causing a lot of damage! He more than likely gave himself up to get the chance to talk to his brother. I probably would have done the same. I didn't see Merle in any of the future episode sneak peaks so I am thinking he will not make it. I did see Daryl.

Yeah but there is a scene where Glenn asking "what is he doing here?!" which hints that Merle escaped too.

When I saw that scene, I wasn't thinking it was hinting at Merle since if I was Glenn, I would have wanted to kill Merle on sight after what he did to Glenn and Maggie...not just ask "what is he doing here?!"

LordGrievous

[10]Dec 5, 2012

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    OdumC wrote:
    beowulf579 wrote:

When I saw that scene, I wasn't thinking it was hinting at Merle since if I was Glenn, I would have wanted to kill Merle on sight after what he did to Glenn and Maggie...not just ask "what is he doing here?!"

Yeah but that's if you were Glenn.

If Rick is doing the rescuing, Glenn would tryhold himself from trying to kill Merle.

Besides Glenn looked pissed offin that scene and I doubt Rick would bring back the Governor with him Laughing

ionee24

[11]Dec 5, 2012
    • level: 32
    Merle is as good as dead IMO.

The only question is who is going to kill him.

Marburg66

[12]Dec 5, 2012
    • level: 6

Right now, I don't want Merle to die. Dead people can't suffer...y'know, 'cause they're all dead & shit. His actions deserve retribution.

That said, Ima go out on a limb here & say what if he's redeemable? In the beginning, Darryl was a tall glass of diarrhea to take, but over time eventually became likeable to the point of being a fan fav. Merle is a weak personality. He's a follower. What if, through his brother, he eventually learns to become a better person?

Then, let the little fucker die.

ionee24

[13]Dec 6, 2012
    I don't know, this isn't The Vampire Diaries: people don't seek redemption at the whim of the plot.

Merle is a complex character who could show compassion upon hearing about Amy's death, ruthless behavior when it comes to Glenn and Maggie, almost loving one when it comes to the quest to find his brother and a racist vein especially when he was on drugs.

That's who he is, the entirety of a man instead of bits and pieces or him.

mackski

[14]Dec 8, 2012

I would like to see him survive to the next season. If he does escape and enjoy our band of survivors just imagine the friction he'll cause the group. Lots of good story there they can use for a couple episodes at least. Heck even a brother vs. brother resolution would be pretty enjoyable.

ionee24

[15]Dec 9, 2012
    I would like to see what a group with him and Michonne would be like, but I suspect Andrea is the only character who could make them to get along.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[16]Dec 12, 2012
    LordGrievous wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    OdumC wrote:
    beowulf579 wrote:

Yeah but that's if you were Glenn.

If Rick is doing the rescuing, Glenn would tryhold himself from trying to kill Merle.

Besides Glenn looked pissed offin that scene and I doubt Rick would bring back the Governor with him Laughing

He looked pissed off to you. It appeared to me more like he was surprised.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[17]Dec 12, 2012
    ionee24 wrote:
    I don't know, this isn't The Vampire Diaries: people don't seek redemption at the whim of the plot.

Merle is a complex character who could show compassion upon hearing about Amy's death, ruthless behavior when it comes to Glenn and Maggie, almost loving one when it comes to the quest to find his brother and a racist vein especially when he was on drugs.

That's who he is, the entirety of a man instead of bits and pieces or him.

When he was on drugs???

OdumC

[18]Dec 12, 2012
    • level: 8

Waaay back in Season one when Officer Friendly kicked Merle's ass and handcuffed him to the roof, he went through his pockets and pulled out a packet of white powder and tossed it over the side. Also when T-Dog brilliantly sliced himself up in season 2, Daryl had the antibiotics strong enough to help him gotten from "Merle's Stash" Implying he had a small pharmacy in his bike saddlebag.(At one point they even showed him rifling through a clear bag filled with pill bottles)

He was pretty whacked out on something on the roof, and I don't think it was crushed up antibiotics.

Edited on 12/12/2012 1:41pm

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[19]Dec 13, 2012
    OdumC wrote:

Waaay back in Season one when Officer Friendly kicked Merle's ass and handcuffed him to the roof, he went through his pockets and pulled out a packet of white powder and tossed it over the side. Also when T-Dog brilliantly sliced himself up in season 2, Daryl had the antibiotics strong enough to help him gotten from "Merle's Stash" Implying he had a small pharmacy in his bike saddlebag.(At one point they even showed him rifling through a clear bag filled with pill bottles)

He was pretty whacked out on something on the roof, and I don't think it was crushed up antibiotics.

That's right...Thanks for the reminders...

F22_King_Raptor

[20]Dec 13, 2012
    • level: 5
    I'm hoping he survives long enough so he can confront Rick and the others. A fist fight between the two would be awesome.