What's going to happen to Merle?

What's going to happen to Merle?

ionee24

[21]Dec 13, 2012
    • level: 32

OdumC wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    I don't know, this isn't The Vampire Diaries: people don't seek redemption at the whim of the plot.

Merle is a complex character who could show compassion upon hearing about Amy's death, ruthless behavior when it comes to Glenn and Maggie, almost loving one when it comes to the quest to find his brother and a racist vein especially when he was on drugs.

That's who he is, the entirety of a man instead of bits and pieces or him.

When he was on drugs???

Waaay back in Season one when Officer Friendly kicked Merle's ass and handcuffed him to the roof, he went through his pockets and pulled out a packet of white powder and tossed it over the side. Also when T-Dog brilliantly sliced himself up in season 2, Daryl had the antibiotics strong enough to help him gotten from "Merle's Stash" Implying he had a small pharmacy in his bike saddlebag.(At one point they even showed him rifling through a clear bag filled with pill bottles)

He was pretty whacked out on something on the roof, and I don't think it was crushed up antibiotics.

Not to mention, Merle himself told Andrea how the Governor found him just this season, the only reason he is clean now is because he ran out of drugs.

Edited on 12/13/2012 4:36pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OdumC

[22]Dec 13, 2012
    • level: 8
    Yeah I thought he had mentioned something to her about it but wasn't sure. Haven't rewatched this season as much as the previous ones yet so I wasn't going to throw that out there without verifying it.

LordGrievous

[23]Dec 13, 2012
    • level: 13

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    OdumC wrote:
    beowulf579 wrote:
    I'll go to Walking Dead Heck for this but I'm a little bit ashamed of Daryl at the moment. He got caught somehow and we didn't get to see how. He didn't seem injured and as far as I could tell he wasn't pinned up against a wall with no avenue of escape.
    I'm pretty sure he gave himself up looking for Merle. I refuse to believe Daryl could be captured any other way.
    I totally agree! Daryl is too resourceful to get caught without causing a lot of damage! He more than likely gave himself up to get the chance to talk to his brother. I probably would have done the same. I didn't see Merle in any of the future episode sneak peaks so I am thinking he will not make it. I did see Daryl.

Yeah but there is a scene where Glenn asking "what is he doing here?!" which hints that Merle escaped too.

When I saw that scene, I wasn't thinking it was hinting at Merle since if I was Glenn, I would have wanted to kill Merle on sight after what he did to Glenn and Maggie...not just ask "what is he doing here?!"

Yeah but that's if you were Glenn.

If Rick is doing the rescuing, Glenn would tryhold himself from trying to kill Merle.

Besides Glenn looked pissed offin that scene and I doubt Rick would bring back the Governor with him Laughing

He looked pissed off to you. It appeared to me more like he was surprised.

Technically itlooked likeboth.

OdumC

[24]Mar 11, 2013
    As much as I like Merle, I'm getting a traitor in the midst vibe from him. he's tried to talk them into leaving the prison, now he's trying to talk Michonne into walking right to the Governor... Andreas visit was BEFORE their weapons run, and they loaded up all those guns in bags so just someone watching from the woods wouldn't know about the guns, so it's someone inside the prison. I'm thinking that flash of a person Rick spotted in the woods previously is the Woodbury contact that Merle is feeding info to. Woodbury has power so no big issue charging up a couple of radios that get turned on a couple minutes a day at a designated time for inside reports...

ionee24

[25]Mar 11, 2013
    I think Merle and Michonne think alike.

The Governor too now we're at it. It's a very practical line of thinking, they are more similar than they give themselves credit for.

beowulf579

[26]Mar 11, 2013
    • level: 59
    I'm now hoping that Beth put a bullet in him. Dang that girl shocked everyone (even Merle) for a moment.

This is for any Angel fans out there that might recall the final episode with Lindsey but made for Walking Dead;

Beth shoots Merle in the chest, Merle slumps to the ground, "You kill me? A flunky?! I'm not just...Rick... kills me! You don't...Rick...".

damnfo0l

[27]Mar 12, 2013
    • level: 2

Meroe is gonna get injured during the upcoming war, make it back to the prison and Daryl is going to have to mercy kill him.

ionee24

[28]Mar 13, 2013
    After the last episode, I think he's going to make it...

beowulf579

[29]Mar 25, 2013
    • level: 59
    Well...the ppl that guessed that the Gov and Daryl would kill him where both right in a sense.

OdumC

[30]Mar 25, 2013
    I'm glad he was playing it straight.. I thought his redemption came a little too fast though, he went from classic Merle to self sacrificing Merle in less than an episode.

Solid exit though.. RIP Merle...

ionee24

[31]Mar 25, 2013
    Gut-wrenching final for a gut-wrenching character.

Like it or not, I'll never forget you Merle Dixon. Ever!