The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCIn Season

Which one is your favorit character and why

ionee24

[1]Aug 9, 2013
    • level: 32

I figured this should be a good thread for a big ensable cast such as this; instead to adress which character is not working, state which one does work for you and why.

For instance, I like Rick because he's a proficient leader but also a distant family man, he has done a good job as single parent since Lori died, but he might as well be a tad bit little crazy which I kid of like.

So which one is your favorite character, dead or alive?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Helostwin

[2]Aug 23, 2013
    • level: 18
    Used to be Carl, but when he murdered that kid I turned against him. Now it's either Beth or Maggie. No particular reason.

Raccoon1459

[3]Oct 13, 2013
    • level: 22
    Michonne is pretty cool.

I dig girls with blades.

anthem47

[4]Oct 15, 2013
    • level: 7

Okay so thinking outside the box...there's something about Carol that I find really interesting. She's really grown and adapted over the last four years, but not ridiculously so. She's managed to become so much more than she was while still staying "in character". Like, if she had become a machine gun toting bad-ass I would have rolled my eyes a bit. But while she gets in trouble on occasion she's never been a wailing "damsel-in-distress" type, she just...tries, and sometimes succeeds, which is really what most of us would be like. Also if someone had asked me to predict during Season 1 who would still be alive I would never have picked her, so that sort of unpredictableness is kind of cool. I think she brings a tone of normalness to the group (pre the Woodbury survivors joining them that is, there' plenty of normal on-board now).

I liked Glen a lot before Maggie. Actually I still really like those two but I'd like them to have separate story lines for awhile, like every story they have now is about each other. I know, I know, they're important to each other, but for once I'd like them to just "be together" without it completely consuming both their characters. So yeah despite that Glen rates pretty highly with me.

Actually another unpopular choice but I really liked Milton as well, while he lasted. Was good to know that someone, somewhere in the Walking Dead future was sitting down and trying to figure this out. On that note, the CDC guy from the first season might have made an interesting permanent addition.

Yaspaa

[5]Oct 22, 2013
    • level: 79
    I like Rick's kid, he's tough.

8ie7

[6]Oct 27, 2013
    • level: 6

I'd probably say Carol orMichonne because they're both dynamic characters and its really interesting to see them develop and evolve.

vespa4

[7]Nov 6, 2013
    • level: 4

well the obvious answer is Daryl, but I actually really like Carol. I especially love her and Daryls relationship but I also like how much shes grown since the start. However, depending on where theyre going with this "Carol burnt the bodies" storyline, I may not like her for long.

I used to love carl (since season 3) but hes since started to annoy me with his attitude and its not helped by his weak acting. My favourite is probably Michonne just cause shes amazing! But Beth is really starting to grow on me too, I hope they make her into something more than just a babysitter in this series though.

child7

[8]Nov 7, 2013
    • level: 2

Hard question to answer! How I feel about it depends also on who else was alive (or dead) and who had become part of the group.

These days I am really becoming more and more interested in Michionne. She has great emotional depth. What an actress!

I ALWAYS liked Carol a lot. Also a wonderful actress, and the connection between she and Daryl was great stuff-looks like she may

be gone from the show.

But I'll pick Dale-because he is the person I miss the most both in front of AND behind the camera. I miss those philosophical speaches

and his words of warning-are we losing our humanity?

It would have been interesting also, to see how and to what degree HE changed as well. If we can have Carol change as she has,

he could have become profoundly different too.

mwgfgrey

[9]Nov 10, 2013
    • level: 5

I'm new to this show's forums. I gotta go with Daryl. He does what needs to be done. Female would have to be Carol or Michonne. When it comes to humane characters, I gotta go with Herschel. He's stronger than Dale and less annoying.

memmapunk

[11]Nov 12, 2013
    • level: 7

my favorite is carl.

the kid is smart, strong and doesn't let the feelings be part of his decisions.

Helostwin

[12]Nov 19, 2013
    • level: 18
    Yeah I USED to lke Carl ^^^^^ until he murdered that kid for no reason

MollyScandalicious

[13]Dec 22, 2013

My favorite character alive is the Governor and dead is Shane Walsh. There is no one like these 2. in a real ZA they're the only ones i'd feel safe around, they see what needs to be done and do it with no hesitation, no questions asked. They can spot a potential danger miles away. Rick is a wimp.

muhammadfarjad3

[14]Feb 18, 2014
    • level: 1

My opinion goes for Rick, because he knows how to handle situations... He is good in leadership, managerial tasks, handling tactics...

RayCapanay

[15]Mar 24, 2014
    rick, glenn, daryl. in that order. if everybody else is gonna die, so be it. i ain't watching without those three.

holgatej77

[16]Nov 15, 2014

I'll be nice and answer the OP question first: 1. It varies depending on who is the most well-defined at the moment. Right now, probably Beth. 2. It varies depending on who was on, and what they said on, Talking Dead. "Tyreese" made some good points about how his character is kind of the moral anchor, so I like him for that reason...

Sorry that this has to be a bit off topic, but since I fairly recently started reading the comic (I'm on issue #21), I thought I'd throw this out there: In the book, Lori is kind of a super-bitch pain-in-the-ass. She dies relativity early on in the show, but her demise seems not-so-imminent in the book. I kind of liked her character in the show, but I hate it in the book and the sooner she "bites it" the better.

The idea of favorite character is interesting when looking at both the book and the show, though I know this forum is about the show.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there...

holgatej77

[18]Nov 15, 2014

child7 wrote:

But I'll pick Dale-because he is the person I miss the most both in front of AND behind the camera. I miss those philosophical speaches

and his words of warning-are we losing our humanity?

It would have been interesting also, to see how and to what degree HE changed as well. If we can have Carol change as she has,

he could have become profoundly different too.

If you like Dale so much, you should really check out the comic (if you haven't already.) His character... survives longer. I'm only on issue #27, but it's been interesting to see how his character has developed. A little lighter on the "philosophizing" than in the show, but still very interesting...