The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCBetween Seasons

Who is the Strongest/Weakest Link? (3rd Season)

beowulf579

[1]Oct 15, 2012
    • level: 59

Well, season three is underway and it was pretty cool. I decided to bring on this theme again for season three. It must be a pretty decent idea since the TV.COM Hierarchy stole my concept in a way for their Walking Dead Dead Pool. They did...I know they did.

Anyway....who do you think is the strongest? The Weakest? Why?

For me at the moment it is hard to decide. Obviously everyone had an upgrade since last season. But here we go...

1. (Strongest) Rick: He can make nice strategies, take risks away from others and place them on himself. He has gotten everyone in his group safely through the winter with injuries or deaths.
    2. Daryl: Hey....he's Daryl...reason enough. Ok..ok....maybe not enough. He is still a great hunter, shows common sense (would you really want to sleep in a cell?) and he takes commands well. From a military pov, that is a major plus. Knowing who is the Alpha is not a weakness.
    3. Michonne- Survived the winter with only Andrea for support. Obviously clever with her pet Walkers in tow and seems to be fearless.
    4. T-Dog: I know...I'm shocked too. I never thought I would put him so high but he is a Waker killing machine now. No more cutting himself for trying to drink funky Walker Water.
    5. Glen: There are no more quick grabs in towns or cities now and that is why I had to put Glen down a step from T-Dog. Still a vital player on the team and easily could have been tied for 4th.
    6. Andrea: Don't yell at me....hear me out. She survived the winter yes....but she is horribly sick right now. I had to put her low on the list for now.
    7. Maggie: She's killing Walkers and was chosen by Rick to help clear out the Walkers in the cellblock and prison hallways. Just Rick chosing her for that gets her points. But that moment of shocked joy over what she was able to do is going to hurt her. How many times have you seen happy ppl get instantly jumped by a ninja Walker? It happens people.
    8. Carl: Dang little sucker can shoot now and has the knack for searching out for good gear. That and he got his eye on Beth....awww.
    9. Carol: She can shoot a gun!! Though the only time we can see exactly what she did was when she nearly took out the leader's feet. Did she even kill aWalker in the first ep?
    10. Beth: She can kill, take orders, young and seems to have lost that damsel in distress stuff from last season.
    11. Lori: She's a least 8 months pregnant. Not good and also Rick doesn't seem as gun-ho as he once did about saving her neck over everyone in the group.
    12. Herschel: The man is bleeding out and lost his lower leg. How can I not put him at the bottom of the list??

There you have it. I could say "prisoners" at the near bottom too. Look how Rick took out those bar flies from in season two but I'll leave them, The Govenor and such off the list for now. So....what do you think? This is based on current strategy, strenght and weaknesses...not who you want dead or alive.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OdumC

[2]Oct 15, 2012
    • level: 8
    Pretty decent ranking, although I have to argue about Daryl not wanting to sleep in a cell. first off, you shut the door and nothing is getting in on you. period.you can wake up to walkers right there, take a leak, stretch, do some pushups, wipe the sleep out of your eyes then leisurely jab them through the bars.

I didn't get if they had ammo issues why they didn't just stay at the fence making noise drawing as many OUT of the prison as possible taking them out with the fence jabbing.

go to the cars, siphon some gas, make a molotov, enjoy the bonfire.

So many easy ways to handle that besides shutting gates and locking away more to deal with later...

Same with INSIDE the prison.. why are they sneaking around when they should shut a barred door, stand there screaming and let all the dead come to them to just be casually poked through the bars?

I know it makes for a more boring clean out which isn't good for TV but it makes more sense. as it went it just makes me think as leaders go, Rick might be borderline stupid.

beowulf579

[3]Oct 15, 2012
    I guess it wouldn't be the Walkers I would be as worried about as getting locked in and can't get back out. We'll assume you have to have a key to lock the doors...but what if you didn't need it? That would suck to kill off all the Walkers and be, "idiots...not I just open the door and...", and the door doesn't open and all the other are trapped like you. The approval rating of the Ricktatorship would fall pretty fast.

About the fence issues, all I can say is that the number of Walkers inside the main compound was unknown. For all we know there could have been a Walker Black Hole formed inside...thousands of them and they would just keep pouring into the place you are wanting to take. That could suck a bit. I agree that letting the closest ones to come by might have been a better idea after Rick had locked the gate.

Hehe, now wouldn't that have been a clever way to get rid of an enemy. Have them go lock the gate and then...not kill the Walkers. Just have the Walkers chase your enemy all around the prison yard. Dang..they should have sent Lori out.

I was thinking about having a door of bars for inside the prison. Heck, if they had the right tools they could have removed two cell doors, put them together and rig it to be mobile. Just head down the hallway and take your time.

ionee24

[4]Oct 18, 2012
    • level: 32

I'm thinking Hershel is the weakest link among the prison group (he has no leg) and Andrea among Katana girl's group (she seems really sick)

Edited on 10/26/2012 9:17am

QuestionMarq

[5]Oct 22, 2012
    • level: 4

It seems like the consensus from a lot of fans is that Hershel is the weakest link. I'm really hoping they prove everyone wrong by adding a machine gun to Hershel's stump and making him bada** like in Planet Terror.

lachlan_j_g

[6]Oct 22, 2012
    • level: 11

ionee24 wrote:
    I'm thinking Hershel is the weakest link among the prison group (he has no leg) and Andrea among Katana girl's group (she seems really seek)

well considering there are only 2 living people in Michonne (Katana Girl)'s group, then yeah she is the weakest. and it's sick, not seek

Edited on 10/22/2012 6:28am
    Edited 2 total times.

beowulf579

[7]Oct 22, 2012
    Time for my week 2 views:

1. Strongest...still Rick. Dannnng....he killed two living guys in two different ways but equally cold.
    2. Daryl- Same as last week basically. Knows where he stands in the group (basically Ricks right hand man).
    3. T-Dog- I am still surprise my computer doesn't combust when I put him so high on the list but the guy is still doing well.
    4. Glenn- Taking orders but getting a little wishy-washy hanging out with the old biddies.
    5. Michonne- didn't do anything this week but still
    6. Andrea- still sick but I would still take her over the following
    7. Carl- can't take orders but the little snot killed two Walkers, found the infirmary and is emotionally detached enough to do what needs to be done
    8. Maggie- emotionally messed up for good reason but I have faith that in case of a sudden emergency she could do what's needed
    9. Carol- She killed a Walker....SHE KILLED A WALKER! But, she is still out in the open alone playing doctor on a Walker.
    10. Beth- I just like Beth and she seems hopeful in a practical way
    11. Lori- ugh! Leave Rick alone. You trying to screw him up the mind Lady MacBeth!
    12. Herschel- Still missing a leg and died for about two seconds. Had to rely on Lori to save his butt. Not looking good.
    13. The Prisoners- treating them as an entity for this right now and they are 3/5 dead.

So..there you have it. No doubt next week will change things up since it seems a little more Andrea/Michonne focused. That and the reintroduction of...you know who

Helostwin

[8]Oct 22, 2012
    • level: 17
    Pretty much agree with you Beowulf except I would switch 11 & 12.

BTW, I was referring to Raccoon in the other thread as a Carl-hater not you, just so it's clear.

beowulf579

[10]Oct 23, 2012
    You would switch Lori and Herschel? He can't move, talk and died for a second...ok, maybe he is better than Lori then since he can't screw with them like she has. Lol.

Oh..I figured that out about Carl.

Helostwin

[11]Oct 23, 2012
    • level: 17
    beowulf579 wrote:
    You would switch Lori and Herschel? He can't move, talk and died for a second...ok, maybe he is better than Lori then since he can't screw with them like she has. Lol.

Yes. At least Lori can walk & help out in her limited way. Herschel can't do anything now. He is a drain on the groups resources, won't be able to fight & will slow everyone down. I was hoping you would figure that out. Raccoon just blindly hates him, other posters realize he has become an asset now.

Ant0ni00

[12]Oct 24, 2012
    • level: 2

OdumC wrote:
    I have to argue about Daryl not wanting to sleep in a cell. first off, you shut the door and nothing is getting in on you. period.you can wake up to walkers right there, take a leak, stretch, do some pushups, wipe the sleep out of your eyes then leisurely jab them through the bars. I didn't get if they had ammo issues why they didn't just stay at the fence making noise drawing as many OUT of the prison as possible taking them out with the fence jabbing. go to the cars, siphon some gas, make a molotov, enjoy the bonfire. So many easy ways to handle that besides shutting gates and locking away more to deal with later... Same with INSIDE the prison.. why are they sneaking around when they should shut a barred door, stand there screaming and let all the dead come to them to just be casually poked through the bars? I know it makes for a more boring clean out which isn't good for TV but it makes more sense. as it went it just makes me think as leaders go, Rick might be borderline stupid.

Same thoughts pretty much. Because the zombies basically follow the carrot-on-a-stick, you can easily round them up with live human bait and kill-zem-all, one group at a time, provided you have a protective cover such as the prison fences.However, you have to just suspend your disbelief to a great degree.

Firstly, because of the survivors in the various areas of the world, one has to imagine that the military would have self contained faster than the general public. Also, officers trained in hand-to-hand combat can wipe out a small herd of them in minutes with swords, bayonets, spears, arrows and guns. There would have likely been military rule in every country of the world. Also, knowing that brain damage ends the zombie threat, this whole thing would have been cleaned up in a matter of months. Sure the population would have been super low, but walkers would have been purged.

Gun/Weapon factories and military bases would be first to fortify so that we can keep making ammo to kill them all. Then you raid the hospitals to keep medical supplies intact. Then purge herds from areas where crops can be grown and grow vegetables and fruit. Round up animals, test them, eat them. Make dried/dehydrated food so that we have reserves/surplus for emergencies or disasters. Find a good water source. I'd also imagine the great lakes would be first to be cleared out thoroughly so that the surviving population can have drinking water. I'm sure the military would get control of the lakes and the rest of the population would be subject to control.

I could go on and on about the "speculative real-life" zombie outbreak scenario, but that would keep me from enjoying the show. And I really enjoy the show.

Ant0ni00

[13]Oct 24, 2012
    • level: 2
    beowulf579 wrote:

They already took his leg. Hershel is pretty much super dead in the next few episodes I think. I think Lori is super weak as a character. Great actress though because she's doing a really good job at making me hate her so much. I think Rick realizes how silly it was to make a decition to have his wife try and carry a pregnancy that is subject to severe malnutrition and non-stop stress. Not to mention the kid might be Shane's. Or worse, a stillborn flesh-eater. Or the opposite could happen. Could be the genetic cure (for those not already zombified).

ionee24

[14]Oct 26, 2012
    QuestionMarq wrote:

It seems like the consensus from a lot of fans is that Hershel is the weakest link. I'm really hoping they prove everyone wrong by adding a machine gun to Hershel's stump and making him bada** like in Planet Terror.

It's about being well liked or not in a zombie apocalypse. I like Hershel and I still believe he's the weakest link

He's no Merle Dixon. I don't think he's coming out of this one.

offairpromo

[15]Oct 30, 2012
    • level: 1
    The Governor is the strongest. Rick is the weakest. Here's proof.

offairpromo

[16]Oct 30, 2012
    • level: 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKHrBBspBgg&feature=BFa&list=HL1351511902

beowulf579

[17]Oct 30, 2012
    ionee24 wrote:
    QuestionMarq wrote:

It's about being well liked or not in a zombie apocalypse. I like Hershel and I still believe he's the weakest link

He's no Merle Dixon. I don't think he's coming out of this one.

Well, common sense says that Herscehl is currently the weakest because of his injury. Even if he recovers he will still be so slow in comparisson to everyone else.

ionee24

[18]Nov 4, 2012

beowulf579 wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    It's about being well liked or not in a zombie apocalypse. I like Hershel and I still believe he's the weakest link He's no Merle Dixon. I don't think he's coming out of this one.
    Well, common sense says that Herscehl is currently the weakest because of his injury. Even if he recovers he will still be so slow in comparisson to everyone else.

I think the weakest link has just been born. There's no way a newborn baby could survive without the mother.

The strongest link, in posthumous fashion, for going above and beyond in the line of duty (without being a soldier, I may add): T- Dog. You awesome!

Edited on 11/04/2012 8:25pm

OdumC

[19]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 8
    Yeah.. T-Dog went out like a BOSS.

beowulf579

[20]Nov 5, 2012
    Well....dang, we lost a few and gained a few this week. Time for the rundown;

1. The Governor- he's got his sh*t together. Suave, powerful yet he knows how far to push someone like Merle and compromising instead of "poking the bear" too much.
    2. Daryl- Not that he had a lot to do but basically that's why he stays up high. He did nothing wrong and only did what was right for survival. He also had the second best kill with that flying knife stab.
    3. Glen- got an upgrade, ignoring his dumb yell at Herschel, he had what I think was the best Zombie kill by cutting a zombie's head in half.
    4. Andrea- Ok, this might not be a popular choice but she is making friends and that might work in her favor better than being the angry person that Michonne is.
    5. Michonne- trust nothing...wise words to live by but unless she wants her head in an aquarium, she might try to soften her approach like Andrea a little
    6. The Prisoners- still keeping them together for now, they aren't really in the way and haven't made life worse. Axel has expressed a useful talent with machinery and Oscar knew which side would be best for him.
    7. Rick- I know..."what the heck is he doing so far down?" It's all due to the last few moments in the episode. He is a shattered man at the moment and if that's going to be his mindset (though I doubt it) then he has fallen down a long way
    8. Merle- Hmmm...I could have put him higher but he didn't do much really in this ep except manipulate the Gov and Andrea a little.
    9. Maggie- quick on her feet and was able to get Lori to a safe place. Kept it together enough to delivery the baby.
    10. Carl- Bluntly....he did what he had to do.
    11. Herschel- Dude, hit those Zombies with that crutch. You ain't taking him out that easy.
    12. Carol- She survived..as far as we know. Needed T-Dog to sacrifice himself to save her.
    12. Beth- stuck with her dad and survived.
    13. Baby (Judith)- How could I not put her at the bottom?

This was hard to organize this week. Many of the characters simply didn't show much to really brag on in the survival category. They got ambushed and were running for their lives. Some got lucky...many didn't.

Andrew- you have to be the worse villain with so little airtime on the whole series. Thanks to you, you got T-Dog killed and Lori too. No living character can claim that that I can think of.

Lori- Well, you stepped up at the end. Glad I could like you at that time.

T-Dog- From those of us that are alive....we salute you! You had some shaky moments with the whole cutting yourself and nearly doing yourself in with zombie water. Losing the key to a racist guy's handcuffs who had to chop off his hand didn't help much either. But in the end you had a moral epiphany of sorts and gave your life for a friend. Really...there are hardly more honorable ways to go.