The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCIn Season

Who is the Strongest/Weakest Link? (3rd Season)

OdumC

[21]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 8
    I'd really do away with counting the Woodbury people on this list to be honest, they're not really relevant to the groups strongest/weakest links IMO.

Also, I'd rank Carol higher personally, she wandered into that yard like a Terminator scoring headshot after headshot and called T-Dog over even though she knew he was done, major bite on the back. no coming back from that one yet she held the door for a teammate no matter how doomed. pure Ranger material there. not leaving a man behind. then offered to do the hardest thing, shoot a friend to save him the horror of turning because of a pact.. then even when she knew he was a goner, and he was rushing the zombies she was screaming for him to come back.

Carol really stepped it up in this episode, I really think she deserves a higher ranking.

Also, I think Daryl ranked a little higher than he deserves. in the generator room, granted he was holding the door during the fight, but if Oscar decided to shoot Rick instead of Andrew, that would have happened, him sneaking around with a knife or not. he was all set up to avenge Rick, but he would have let it happen. it was only Oscar deciding not to kill Rick that kept Rick from dying. all Daryl really did was hide behind a generator and strike a pose with a knife til it was all over.

Glen should be WAY down on that list. it was his stupid yelling that called them out into the yard and started the whole mess.
    New to this whole zombie survival thing Gle.. oh wait, no you're not. I remember you giving Rick a lecture about being quiet back in the second episode of season 1.

Hershel? Up and around.. Kudos.. but pushing one zombie away with a crutch isn't that impressive as say, shooting your own mother in the head so she doesn't turn.. or Carols going all BOOM HEADSHOT in the courtyard...

if we include Woodbury, I only use the ones who belong in Ricks group, Michonne, was told several blatant lies, either didn't catch them or didn't mention them to Andrea, regardless, they're still in Woodbury willingly. Not impressed. and they need to raid a sex store to get Andrea a toy so she can think clearer. she's more hormone driven than Carl.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ionee24

[22]Nov 11, 2012
    • level: 32
    After this episode?

Weakest link - Rick, by a nose.

Strongest link - perfect tie between Michonne and Merle Dixon.

OdumC

[23]Nov 12, 2012
    I'd say Rick's taking a mental vacation yet still not a weak link... kind of the opposite, he seems harder than ever and had zero trouble wandering into an infested building and going full on house cleaning.

MVP for this episode though I'd say goes to Daryl (big surprise) from the start Immediately assessing the situation (What's she eat? do we have anything to feed a baby?) to 5 minutes later rolling out the main gate on the job. Scoring everything they needed (And Dinner... Mmm Possum...) then returning and Feeding little ass-kicker.

Glen continues to slip IMO. from being snappy to the prisoners who have never done anything but try to help to following Rick into the infested building talking about leaving the rest of the walkers in there and just closing them off. that prison, their new home is NOT secure until every walker in it is brain damaged. end of story. I know he wanted to let Maggie go scavenging "For Lori" but that's his thing.. his one strong quality and now he's not even doing that.

Helostwin

[24]Nov 12, 2012
    • level: 18
    WEAKEST LINK >>> Glenn. With Rick a close runner up (unless Carol is still alive somewhere.....).

STRONGEST LINK >> Darryl of course, with Carl (of all people!) a close second. Honorable mention to Maggie. The rest are all becoming wusses.

beowulf579

[25]Nov 13, 2012
    • level: 59
    Hmm, it's been interesting. No character deaths this week...but here is my list

1. Daryl- Rick is having a "moment" and Daryl stepped up with a plan fast. The group respects Daryl, he doesn't give into fear (give that man a Green Lantern ring) and never turns down a dinner when one presents itself. Though for the book, possums are the most wretched critters I know.
    2. Michonne- Smart, smooth and deadly. When she took her sword from the Gov...WOW! The Governor is the big bad of the season and she stripped him of all his bravado in a second. And we have dscovered what makes her smile (smirk?)..killing Walkers.
    3. Maggie- I know...weird choice eh? But she jumped at Daryl's request to help and she was smart on her feet when going out with him. That, and she was chosen over Glenn to go with Daryl. When Daryl gives you his approval...that's major kudos.
    4. Rick- He is a killing machine right now but he is very unstable. So the killing machine part would give him top spot if this was temporary but having phones ring in a powered down building seems to say that he isn't going to be well anytime soon.
    5. The Governor- you had a sword to your throat and having daddy/daughter time with a Walker. Kind of hard for me to give you a top spot.
    6. Merle- I know he is tough but street fighter tough? Not sure how I feel about that. And any man that would surround himself by Walker (even toothless ones) for entertainment is an idiot.
    7. The Prisoners- They know where they fit in the scheme of things and are trying to help. I think they actually want to do right by the group.
    8. Carl- Eh...nothing good or bad going on with him.
    9. Beth- offering support to the others in a hard time. That's actually very important.
    10. Glenn- Locking the place down while there are still Walkers about...not wise. Talking to Rick was nice...touching Rick was not.
    11. Herschel- Still weak and leaning toward helpless. While Daryl is away, Glenn makes up bad plans and Rick is indisposed..he sort of takes over though to watch the younger people.
    12. Little Asskicker- WHAT! You gave someone other than the baby the bottom spot? Yep...Daryl named her Little Asskicker. That alone puts her up there above some..lol.
    13. Schrödinger's Carol- If you take a Carol and lock her in a giant concrete box with the undead inside...is she alive or dead? You won't know till you open that box fully to find out. I have to give her the last spot.

OdumC

[26]Nov 13, 2012
    Considering Little Ass kicker already killed Lori shouldn't she rank higher?

beowulf579

[27]Nov 15, 2012
    OdumC wrote:
    Considering Little Ass kicker already killed Lori shouldn't she rank higher?

Hmmm, you could be right about that. Even before rally being born she killed more than Carol did all of season 1 and 2.

ionee24

[28]Nov 16, 2012
    I think Little Ass-kicker is a perfect tie with Hershel

They aren't as easy to kill as you might think they are

beowulf579

[29]Nov 20, 2012
    Time again to see who is the strongest and weakest.

1. Daryl- Still got to go with him on this. He has taken charge in Rick's absence and decided to clear out the block the proper way with some help. He also manned up and was ready to take out a possible Walker Carol.
    2. Michonne- took out 2 of Merle's goons and was able to still escape. And a biter-gram?! Nice. Add the fact that she was able to realize the Walkers where not after her and knew to go help a baby...big kudos.
    3. Merle- You know, he turned out to be a pretty decent leader. Till he had to put a bullet in one of his guy's head. But still, he kept them somewhat motivated and they seemed to want to follow him. He also captured two armed ppl (Glen and Maggie). And lastly, he lied straight faced to the Governor. He is not anyone's lap dog.
    4. Rick- He's clearing his head now a bit. Trama time is over..right?
    5. The Governor- He's getting Shane's seconds but so far, with the exception of Glen, he is the only guy getting any. Still and excellent manipulator.
    6. The Prisoners (Oscar)- Don't know where Axel was really but Oscar shown us that he is valuable. He also shown us that a man still needs to prepare to relax once in awhile.
    7. Carl- If it wasn't for the fact that he is just a kid, he would go so much higher than here. He is designed for this world now.
    8. Maggie and Glen- lumping these two together. They, with their four hands and two guns, got caught by a one handed crazy man with a single gun.
    9. Herschel- Being a good supporter. He knows Rick is troubled but knows enough to give him his space for the time being.
    10. Beth- didn't do anything bad or good...just looked cute.
    11. Carol- She's alive! But she still needed to be rescued.
    12. Lil Asskicker- it's a baby and we know that Carol's alive now, so it has to go here.

beowulf579

[30]Nov 20, 2012
    Crap..I forgot Andrea! I would put her around 8ish. She jumped from a wall that could have screwed up her legs just to kill a Walker that a far away weapon could have done.
    Not to mention sleeping with the devil of this season.

AngelTorres2

[31]Nov 20, 2012
    • level: 1

Andrea is such an idiot! A walker should take her out for alienating Michonneand letting her leave by herself. I think Glenn was caught off guard by Merle because he remembers the freaking psycho and Maggie's just not that great with guns, she can be an idiot too sometimes.

ionee24

[32]Nov 20, 2012
    Andrea is definitely the weakest link, survival is not about skills but about common sense and she doesn't have any,

Michonne is the strongest link after Merle.

claudia40

[33]Nov 26, 2012
    • level: 9

I dont think there any "real" weak links left eveyone is pretty seasoned and harcdore by now-but Andrea grrrrr. I understand she wants some comfort and normalcy still she is being so stupid geezzz... same thing shedid with Shane is she driving by her vajaja or what?! lol

ionee24 wrote:
    Andrea is definitely the weakest link, survival is not about skills but about common sense and she doesn't have any, Michonne is the strongest link after Merle.

Edited on 11/26/2012 9:00am

Helostwin

[34]Nov 26, 2012
    • level: 18
    claudia40 wrote:

I dont think there any "real" weak links left eveyone is pretty seasoned and harcdore by now >

Agree. I was just gonna say that. If you made it this far w/o being eaten then you are NOT a weak link. None are left.

OdumC

[35]Nov 30, 2012
    Glen and Maggie should definitely top this weeks list, both enduring torture and Glen taking out a walker while restrained.

SamuelMachado

[36]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 1

Based in the last episode this is my rank:

1 - Michonne

2 - Glenn and Maggie

3- Carl

4 - Rick, Daryl

5 - Oscar (RIP)

6 - Merle

7- The Governor

8 - Andrea

9- Carol

10 - Beth

11 - Axl

12 - Hershel

13 - Judith

Edited on 12/03/2012 7:37am
    Edited 2 total times.

beowulf579

[37]Dec 3, 2012
    Very nice, especially since I didn't see the previous episode till I saw last nights. So here we go:

1. Michonne- dang...she has humbled the Gov in his own home...again. She is also aware of her own potential weaknesses.
    2. Carl- the little sucker has developed into a person that can read a situation, know the risks and take responsibility for his actions. He saved Tyreese's ppl, killed walkers and had the good sense to lock them in for later. His actions have been quite clean and neat lately.
    3. Glenn and Maggie- for now, they are still a unit to be counted as such. Glenn has certainly manned up from the first part of the last season. Merle recognizes it. Maggie kept her composure the best a farm girl I think can.
    4. Daryl- He got caught but at least he the good sense not to stand still in a firefight like "some" people.
    5. Rick- Some people like this one. Rick, you can have your mental breakdowns on your own time...a firefire in an open street with questionable smoke bombs and tear gas that are weak (trust me on knowing this) is NOT the time to have visions of Shane.
    6. The Prisoners- and then their was one...Axel. Who would have thought it? But Mamma Bear Carol won't be putting up with his crap.
    7. Carol- I have to put her below Axel because we just don't know what he is capable of if anything. We know her capabilties and they are so so.
    8. The Governor- he got his butt handed to him by the same person twice, lost an eye (hello Odin), lost his daughter..again. The man is going to unhinged and while that can focus a man...he could also make amny mistakes.
    9. Tyreese and Company- they seem kind of "soft" for being nearly a year into this whole mess. But Tyreese got some muscle on him. He could probably crush a walker skull with hsi bare hands.
    10. Merle- That look from the Gov. Odin should have told you to run. You lied to him and now you are going to pay the price.
    11. Andrea- you know now who you are with and you chose him, you pointed a gun at the one person that has crippled both mentally and physically the Gov...you need to get your priorities together
    12. Beth, Herschel and Judith- putting them altogether for now. Nothing really going on but I have high hopes for Beth and Herschel if anyone tries to hurt Judith.
    13. Shane- dang...killed three times now. I wonder if Judith will get a chance to shoot Shane in the head like Daddy and brother has. Lol.

Well...there are my choices.

ionee24

[38]Dec 4, 2012
    By mid season finale:

Strongest link - The Governor, totally unexpected win.
    Weakest link - Daryl, totally unexpected plot twist.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[39]Dec 13, 2012
    • level: 13
    Strongest link - Michonne by far

Weakest link - Herschel (One leg?!?!?)

beowulf579

[40]Feb 11, 2013
    Crud....this is going to be hard. There are so many ppl and none of them really shined a lot for me this time around. I'll have to do a bit of generalizations:

1st Level: Glenn, Andrea, Maggie, Carl
    I know..odd eh? In the case of Glenn, I chose him because of his no crap approach in this ep. He knows Merle should die and he totally smashed in that Walker's head.
    Andrea has sense enough to take cover and calm ppl down.
    Maggie is a tough cookie that is taking her abuse situation well.
    Carl is becoming a good strategist. He still helps ppl but he is no fool.

2nd Level: Rick, Michonne, Merle and The Gov
    These ppl would normally get a higher ranking but they are all mentally off their game. You got one seeing his dead wife, another that gives in to her vengence, a redneck that can't shut up and a man that walks right through a war zone smirking and not looking for any cover.

3rd Level: Herschel, Beth, Axel, Carol
    They kept house. Nothing bad and nothing good really.

4th Level: Tyrese and his crew
    Sort of like the prisoners at the beginning of the season...not much to go on yet. Though I can see this group getting cut to one (Tyrese) quickly.

5th Level: Daryl and Lil' Asskicker...I mean Judith
    Sorry Daryl, you ran off with Merle....MERLE! I know he is your brother but still. The baby is still the weakest though a few of the women folk might risk their own safety to save her.

6th Level: Lori's Ghost
    Dang straight she'll be back. Lol.