The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCBetween Seasons

Who is the Strongest/Weakest Link? (3rd Season)

ionee24

[61]Mar 18, 2013
    • level: 32
    Strongest link: Milton, totally unexpected win.

Weakest link: Andrea, totally unexpected prey (Kudos to the Governor. He's devious, but brilliant).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

beowulf579

[62]Mar 19, 2013
    • level: 59
    Not going to break it down too far this time but;

Strongest: The Governor- the man almost has as good Ninja skills as Michonne. He just kind of poofed and got Andrea and dragged her away in Walker infested territory. Heck, he has them better than her. All she got was a pic and a cat statue from a walker cafe...the Gov dragged a full grown human through walker country.
    Not to mention that he took on and survived a mini-horde of Walkers by himself.

Weakest: Have to go with a tie here and say Milton and Andrea. Milton...you know what the Gov can do to ppl that betray him and you can't lie to literally save your life.
    Andrea, well...kind of hard to not put her down at the weakest when your strapped to a torture chair. Even Judith can cry out at the moment. Also, how about some self sacrifice? You bite, scream and fight him girl! Even if you don't get Rick's attention you will probably attract some Walkers that just might give you a chance to get away.
    Michonne fought him and took his daughter and his eye....you fight him and...ok, no you didn't. You just laid there with him on top of you...again. Must have been out of habit.

Notable mentions...Tyreese can be among the strongest. Man..when he finally lets his rage out he will be devastating.
    Rick is leaning toward weak in this episode. The guy who sees ppl is NOT the right person to be a look out all by himself.

ionee24

[63]Mar 25, 2013

Strongest link: Merle Dixon, most desrving posthumous honor ever.

Weakest link: Ben, so long Donna's son!

Edited on 03/25/2013 3:16pm

Helostwin

[64]Mar 25, 2013
    • level: 17
    ionee24 wrote:

I agree with you abt Merle becoming the strongest with his unexpected heroic death. But why are you picking on Asthma Kid? ANYONE could have accidently stepped in front of that shot. Bad luck is all.

beowulf579

[65]Mar 25, 2013
    Well, guess the asthma wasn't anything to worry about after all. There is another point for the Gov.

ionee24

[66]Mar 26, 2013
    Helostwin wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

I agree with you abt Merle becoming the strongest with his unexpected heroic death. But why are you picking on Asthma Kid? ANYONE could have accidently stepped in front of that shot. Bad luck is all.

Ben ISN'T asthma kid.

Asthma kid is a friend of Karen who was trained to shot "by the best" a couple of episodes ago, he has been in Woodsbury all along. Ben is Allen's son, from Tyresse group. His mom died in the prison after she was bitten by zombies on the episode they rescue Glenn.

Two completely different characters.

beowulf579

[67]Mar 26, 2013
    ionee24 wrote:
    Helostwin wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

Ben ISN'T asthma kid.

Asthma kid is a friend of Karen who was trained to shot "by the best" a couple of episodes ago, he has been in Woodsbury all along. Ben is Allen's son, from Tyresse group. His mom died in the prison after she was bitten by zombies on the episode they rescue Glenn.

Two completely different characters.

Oops

Helostwin

[68]Mar 26, 2013
    • level: 17
    Oops my mistake. Asthma Kid is named Noah. TY for pointing that out.

beowulf579

[69]Mar 28, 2013
    Well..here we go into the season finale. My quickie list of most powerful and weakest:

1. Michonne- Beyond her skills, she is benefitting from actually being a part of the group instead of the "outsider". She isn't perfect and knows that and realizes that having someone to back you up is good.
    2. Rick- His "bad" craziness is over. Meaning that he isn't being utterly destroyed everytime Ghost Lori appears. In fact it could be helping his choices oddly enough.
    3. Carl- Little bugger is tough.

The Weakest:

1. Judith- she's a baby..do I have to go more into that?
    2. Herschel- he is wounded but can at least fight
    3. Milton- you are on the Gov's crap list and you have no one to help you
    4. Andrea- you are on the Gov's crap list and no one even knows where you are
    5. The Gov- Normally I would put him on the strongest but he is dead set on having a Pyrrhic Victory(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrrhic_victory). So far the ration has been for every one of Rick's crew that dies due to the Gov's ppl, the Gov loses 6-8 ppl.
    That is right isn't it? Axel and Merle are dead due to the Gov but the Gov has lost at least 14 due to Rick's ppl. Assuming that the Gov has at least 40 ppl that can fight...there is no real way he can win in an all out brawl without completely destroying himself.

Ok...final predictions on who is going to die in the finale:

Rick's crew:
    1. Beth Greene- hate to choose this one because I like the actress but she seems "Red Shirt" enough not to survive. Though not being high profile could work in her favor on this show.
    2. Carol- I have a feeling that Daryl just won't be around to save her a third time.

Gov's ppl:
    1. Milton- I couldn't see the Gov leave Woodbury for the last time without killing him
    2. The Gov- he's the big bad of the season...he has to die..right? The only way around this is if he escapes and goes rogue. Always being out there but we never know where.
    3. 1/3 of the Woodbury ppl are dead. Walkers will get them and the rest we will never hear from again.

Tyrese's ppl; All dead but Tyrese.

OdumC

[70]Mar 29, 2013
    • level: 8
    Good list, but with Andrea, she's locked away in the room that Milton showed her, so it's not like she won't/can't be found easily enough. Milton knows to sneak in that observation hall we saw him and Andrea in... so no worries about her being missed for long.

beowulf579

[71]Mar 29, 2013
    OdumC wrote:
    Good list, but with Andrea, she's locked away in the room that Milton showed her, so it's not like she won't/can't be found easily enough. Milton knows to sneak in that observation hall we saw him and Andrea in... so no worries about her being missed for long.

Good point. I hope he actually thinks about checking there first.

beowulf579

[72]Apr 1, 2013
    Crap..seaon's end and I think it's fair to say that the Strong got rewarded while the stupid and weak didn't.

Strongest:
    1. Rick- Not sure who exactly came out with that plan to defend the prison but it worked and I'm sure Rick was the main one in that. On top of that...no new Lori sightings. Maybe he'll be rid of her now.
    2. Daryl and Michonne- I can't really come up with a reason one should get the second spot over the other. Both are skilled and intelligent. They take direction well and they kick butt.
    3. Carl- Whether we (the one's sitting on our butts) agree with him morally, he has the right idea in how to survive. That's only if you are in a position to make such calls without getting in trouble. I do believe that young guy he shot might have a mother or relative that Rick just brought from the town.
    4. Maggie and Glenn- they are a unit so I have to lump them together. They were A-Teaming that place well. Hundreds of rounds but no one dead...that was their plan right? Seriously though....they work well togther and have great instincts for what they end up doing.

Getting a little weaker now:
    5. Tyreese & Company- The man has a level head on his shoulders. That and I think he could crush a Walker skull with his bare hands. His two gal pals seem to take orders well and don't have the ton-o-drama baggage with them.
    5. Carol- Eh..she's just sort of there you know. Nothing bad and nothing really good.
    6. Herschel- While he is Rick's right hand when it comes to wisdom..he still needs crutches. What could have happened if Carl wasn't there ready with his gun? Herschel didn't seem ready to defend the baby and Beth.
    7. Beth- She had her first confirmed Walker kill. I'm sure the actress Emily Kinney was begging for that scene. I almost figured it was marking her for dying but happily she didn't. While Beth may become more like Maggie as time rolls on, she is acting like the surrogate mother to Judith and that could bring her down.
    8. The Gov- What?! That far down? The man went nuts and killed off his very reason for being who he was. What is he the Governor of now? Two scared guys? He also fumbled the ball on his recon. He knew that Rick pulled in some major weapons and other little things like that but he didn't know that Rick's cars all left?
    Don't get me wrong...the man is dangerous and deadly. But this is about survival and right now I can't say he has long to live. They didn't even collect the weapons from all the ppl he killed.
    9. The Gov's left and right hand men- you are following a crazy dude that just blew his own ppl away. A man that also couldn't figure out that after he ran out of bullets in his hand gun he still had the automatic to use on the ppl he killed.
    10. Judith- you made it this far kid. Congrats....most never thought you would.
    11. Woodbury Survivors- The old and the young. The ones that don't get killed by Walker and old age will be killed by future sociopath Carl Grimes. But I digress...we know nothing about them and that's the point. Thw writers will take a few of them and devlop them more. Maybe Carl will find a girlfriend there(that might be nice because 27 year old Emily who plays Beth might not want to make out with 13 year old Chandler Riggs), Herschel might find a few old guys to talk to and so forth.

The weakest...they dead:
    1. Andrea- sorry girl...you needed to die. I think I may have disliked you as much as Lori from last season. You ditched on Michonne, slept around with the bad guy (even after knowing he was bad) and didn't kill him. You took more time talking to soon to be dead Milton than trying to get free.
    BTW, has the show completely ignored that it can take up to 8 hours for the dead to rise? Maybe your hopes where nice and for the good Andrea but you are just too naive.
    2. Milton- dude...much respect. You never really backed down on things. Merle messed with you once at the Walker pits and you did fine. Daryl gave you grief and you gave a nice one-liner. The Gov messes you over and you throw a quip about his daughter being afraid of him and you tried, in vain, to kill the Gov. You belonged with team Rick but alas never got the chance to go there.
    3. Allen- Poor guy that never got a break. Ha...just kidding. They never got me to like him in any way. Tyreese humbled you and you even had an automatic gun on the Gov and he still killed you with a handgun. Pitiful!

So there you have it. My views at least. Please put your thoughts down if you feel like it. Man we got till October for new eps. Maybe some new webisodes will come out before then.

OdumC

[73]Apr 1, 2013
    • level: 8
    Rick had a Lori sighting, she was standing on the catwalk overlooking them while they loaded the trucks to move everyone to the woods for the attack...

beowulf579

[74]Apr 1, 2013
    OdumC wrote:
    Rick had a Lori sighting, she was standing on the catwalk overlooking them while they loaded the trucks to move everyone to the woods for the attack...

Sorry..I meant at the very end. He looked at the catwalk and didn't see her and seemed to have a sense of relief on his face.