TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCIn Season

Who is the Weakest Link from the Atlanta Survivors, Strongest? (2nd Season)

Ploop

[81]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 5
    Gera777 wrote:

Ploop wrote:
    Poland...really? that must have been a very long time ago...and the USSR hasn't played nicely either ..Wooohooo for the Netherlands! We are way to neutral and boneless to have done anything the passed 100 years or so (in Europe anyways)...however we did start slavery. So no matter how you see it, Europe always has been some mosh pit of evil and war at any point in history...so how does this relate to TWD

I'm pretty confident, there were slavery even before Netherlands

Lol yeah sooo true....the world is one messed up place huh...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OdumC

[82]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 8
    Ploop wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

Gera777 wrote:

I've watched that episode again. Actually Shane gave him a chance, but Otis decided not to leave him. "Take the bag and run. No? Then die and I'll run!"

I think the act in itself washideous regardless if Otis had fair warning, then again I can't see Lori doing any different than Shane under the same circumstances really so I don't it against him.

Exactly! If it would have been anyone else than Shane who shot Otis it wouldn't be held so much against them!
    How about accepting it's the outrage at the act that makes shane the scumbag and not all of a sudden murder is only wrong if shane does it.

Sure, shane told Otis to take his bags and run and Otis said "No way, not without you" so it actually kind of makes it worse that Otis helped Shane up just so he could shoot him and run.

Ploop

[83]Dec 6, 2011
    OdumC wrote:
    Ploop wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

Gera777 wrote:

I've watched that episode again. Actually Shane gave him a chance, but Otis decided not to leave him. "Take the bag and run. No? Then die and I'll run!"

I think the act in itself washideous regardless if Otis had fair warning, then again I can't see Lori doing any different than Shane under the same circumstances really so I don't it against him.

Exactly! If it would have been anyone else than Shane who shot Otis it wouldn't be held so much against them!
    How about accepting it's the outrage at the act that makes shane the scumbag and not all of a sudden murder is only wrong if shane does it.

Sure, shane told Otis to take his bags and run and Otis said "No way, not without you" so it actually kind of makes it worse that Otis helped Shane up just so he could shoot him and run.

I'm surprised Otis could even run this far...or see where he was running (didn't he have a massive lazy eye issue). he literately didn't see that shot coming lol

beowulf579

[84]Dec 6, 2011
    • level: 59
    Gera777 wrote:

Andrea and Shane couple is strong in sharpshooting. But I don't think we could consider them as couple.

Daryl with anyone could be a strong couple(even with a tree). He will kill thousands of zombies and Carol will whine somewhere safe. Though they aren't a couple too.

Glenn and Maggie is the best looting couple!

Rick and Lori. I don't know. They are like king and queen. He just has to make decisions and she has to do nothing. And that's why they are safe!

And how about Dale and T-Dog couple?

Andrea and Shane have killed together and got freaky together. If that isn't being a couple...I don't know what is. I would go with them being the strong couple of the group thus far.

With Daryl and Carol...their rhyming names should sink them. Just kidding, but really...Carol will just drag Daryl down. He could survive just fine on his own but if he has to take special care of Carol...I worry for his life span.

Glenn and Maggie come in 2nd for me. You toughen Maggie up a bit and they might be better than Shane and Andrea. They probably have a better "fight or flight" understanding than Shane and Andrea. Meaning, I don't see Maggie or Glenn feeling the need to kill a Walker when running works just as well.

Poor Rick and Lori...I just don't know. As long as ppl will listen and respect their position...it's all good for them. But if it was just them together...I might just have to put them in last place for the couples. Where Daryl knows Carol won't be able to defend herself, Rick might make the mistake in thinking Lori will try to protect herself and leave them both open to attack.

Dale...T-dog, just watch out for each other guys. Bros before...well, anyway

Ploop

[85]Dec 6, 2011
    Carol should stick to her age... *shivers* like dale

OdumC

[86]Dec 6, 2011
    Carol looks younger than Daryl if you look at the lines on their faces. Daryl actually looks mid 40's

According to the imdb Melissa McBride who plays Carol is 46 and Norman Reedus is 42. 4 year age difference. Perfect couple. While Jeffrey Demunn (Dale ) is.. whoa 64. quite a bigger difference there.

the defense rests. comfortably.

Ploop

[87]Dec 6, 2011
    OdumC wrote:
    Carol looks younger than Daryl if you look at the lines on their faces. Daryl actually looks mid 40's

According to the imdb Melissa McBride who plays Carol is 46 and Norman Reedus is 42. 4 year age difference. Perfect couple. While Jeffrey Demunn (Dale ) is.. whoa 64. quite a bigger difference there.

the defense rests. comfortably.

Yeah Norman I old... But carol looks like his mother! It's the hair I think

Ploop

[88]Dec 6, 2011
    Damn auto correct sorry

ionee24

[90]Dec 7, 2011
    • level: 32
    OdumC wrote:

According to the imdb Melissa McBride who plays Carol is 46 and Norman Reedus is 42. 4 year age difference. Perfect couple.

Then again, in a zombie apocalypse scenario, I reckon a woman like Carol should be be preferable as a survivalist's love interest if only because having more children is not part of the equation. At least not until they find a cure.

I think companionship and loyalty are more attractive qualities in The Walking Dead's partners than a younger/hot figure. Even Maggie didn't go for Glenn because of his looks, she went for him because he was a sweet guy.

OdumC

[91]Dec 7, 2011
    People write Carol off as weak but in season 1 she went from meekly mumbling "that's just the way it is" to creaming Ed's skull 4 times with a pickaxe.. in season 2 she's worried about Sophia but that didn't stop her from standing up to the group saying "We're not going anywhere til we find my daughter" to begging Daryl not to look for her because he might injure himself more.

So she put Daryl before her own missing child. Carol has come a long way from the meek little clothes washer resigned to her life and it just being "how it is".

So she ran towards zombie sophia. that was her child. what parent wouldn't?

Ploop

[92]Dec 7, 2011
    ionee24 wrote:
    OdumC wrote:

According to the imdb Melissa McBride who plays Carol is 46 and Norman Reedus is 42. 4 year age difference. Perfect couple.

Then again, in a zombie apocalypse scenario, I reckon a woman like Carol should be be preferable as a survivalist's love interest if only because having more children is not part of the equation. At least not until they find a cure.

I think companionship and loyalty are more attractive qualities in The Walking Dead's partners than a younger/hot figure. Even Maggie didn't go for Glenn because of his looks, she went for him because he was a sweet guy.

If she's over 35 breeding will become more problematic...imagine getting a whole bunch of downies...it would be a creepy world when they grow up and start hacking in walkers heads with axes... when they kill walkers now it doesn't creep me out but then those scenes will truly look like they're from a freaky horror movie O_0

And i'm gonna say something that might truly shock people now...but i understood why carol ran towards zombia.

beowulf579

[93]Dec 7, 2011
    • level: 59
    I think we are having a problem with the term "weak". Being weak in the world of the Walking Dead doesn't mean you are a bad person. Just that your survivability (sp?) isn't the best.
    Carol's love for Sophia is very admirable, good and very very human. But it is a weakness in that if their wasn't someone to stop her she would probably been killed by Walker Sophia.

OdumC

[94]Dec 7, 2011
    Well she wasn't and now the entire family weakness has been removed from her. so I don't see that happening again.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[95]Dec 7, 2011
    • level: 13
    Ploop wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    OdumC wrote:

If she's over 35 breeding will become more problematic...imagine getting a whole bunch of downies...it would be a creepy world when they grow up and start hacking in walkers heads with axes... when they kill walkers now it doesn't creep me out but then those scenes will truly look like they're from a freaky horror movie O_0

And i'm gonna say something that might truly shock people now...but i understood why carol ran towards zombia.

Too funny....

Ploop

[96]Dec 7, 2011
    I said i understand why she did it...but i still wouldn't want her to be my buddy if we had to go hiking through zombie infested woods. I think that thats what most people meant with 'weak'...that with walkers around you got to protect her instead of her actually having your back.

ionee24

[97]Dec 7, 2011
    • level: 32
    OdumC wrote:
    People write Carol off as weak but in season 1 she went from meekly mumbling "that's just the way it is" to creaming Ed's skull 4 times with a pickaxe.. in season 2 she's worried about Sophia but that didn't stop her from standing up to the group saying "We're not going anywhere til we find my daughter" to begging Daryl not to look for her because he might injure himself more.

So she put Daryl before her own missing child. Carol has come a long way from the meek little clothes washer resigned to her life and it just being "how it is".

So she ran towards zombie sophia. that was her child. what parent wouldn't?

The thing is: that scene was so powerful to me because they all saw Sophia instead of a zombie, Carol ran to her daughter, Carl was crying for his best/only friend, Rick shot a child he knew instead of a monster, etc.

Sophia, in death, made for Hershel's case better than anyone in that farm did so alive.

Gera777

[99]Dec 8, 2011
    • level: 9

ionee24 wrote:
    OdumC wrote:
    People write Carol off as weak but in season 1 she went from meekly mumbling "that's just the way it is" to creaming Ed's skull 4 times with a pickaxe.. in season 2 she's worried about Sophia but that didn't stop her from standing up to the group saying "We're not going anywhere til we find my daughter" to begging Daryl not to look for her because he might injure himself more. So she put Daryl before her own missing child. Carol has come a long way from the meek little clothes washer resigned to her life and it just being "how it is". So she ran towards zombie sophia. that was her child. what parent wouldn't?
    The thing is: that scene was so powerful to me because they all saw Sophia instead of a zombie, Carol ran to her daughter, Carl was crying for his best/only friend, Rick shot a child he knew instead of a monster, etc. Sophia, in death, made for Hershel's case better than anyone in that farm did so alive.

This scene will take an overwhelming effect on survivors!

Gera777

[100]Dec 8, 2011
    • level: 9

kharen0017 wrote:

my classmate's sister-in-law makes $84 hourly on the laptop. She has been fired for 7 months but last month her income was $9078 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Go to this site NuttyRich. com

And I makes 1 000 000 per week just working on my laptop. Want to learn how? Just go to myfancysite.com. You'll pay only 50$ for intruduction course and will be able to earn this much too. I just want to share how to earn easy money with everybody! True story