The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCBetween Seasons

Who is the Weakest Link from the Atlanta Survivors, Strongest? (2nd Season)

OdumC

[121]Feb 27, 2012
    • level: 8
    I like how Lori was quick to point out she killed 2 walkers and Andrea backed my original statement of "Only because you went out there moron"

And why did she run up acting all concerned? "Is she all right?? is she all right?" she pretty much told the kid to kill herself then acts surprised when something happens?

Rick got more points for using a dead walkers head as a silencer/suppressor and the cool use of the dead walker as cammo.

Shane actually gained points admitting to what he did to Otis, then lost all those and more with everything that happened when they stopped. I like how he denied saying he didn't think Rick could keep them safe then the fight starts because Shane ends up outright saying "You can't keep them safe"

And yeah, Rick IS too nice for his own good. after slamming a 800+ lb motorcycle on him and trying to bash his skull in with a pipe wrench trying to kill him, Lemme know how that bus full of zombies works out for ya buddy.

And I know gunshots are bad and all, but if we're driving along and I see a single zombie in a field... "yeah stop the car a sec, no, not even getting out... BLAM... ok drive"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

beowulf579

[122]Feb 27, 2012
    • level: 59
    OdumC wrote:
    And I know gunshots are bad and all, but if we're driving along and I see a single zombie in a field... "yeah stop the car a sec, no, not even getting out... BLAM... ok drive"

Wouldn't it be ironic if director makes sure that very Walker would have something to do with Shane's downfall? Of cours emost ppl wouldn't catch it sinc eall you can see if very very little detail of this lonely Walker..but still.

ionee24

[124]Mar 1, 2012
    • level: 32

alisabir wrote:

Weakest: Since her daughters death, Carol has shown a major weakness and she doesn't even know how to handle a gun. If she's to survive, she better learn to handle one.

Well, according to Lori's speech, Carol is definitely the strongest lady in the house cuz she can get Daryl to act as "a man" (I definitely don't agree with Mrs. Grimes on this, but that's the way she thinks).

From that perspective, the weakest link should be Glenn, cuz he couldn't even protect "his woman" (which, once again, I completely disagree with).

Edited on 03/01/2012 7:22pm

beowulf579

[125]Mar 2, 2012
    I'm confused. Glenn did protect Maggie from that Walker in the pharmacy. Now..he did freeze up and nearly couldn't protect himself because of Maggie.

OdumC

[126]Mar 2, 2012
    It's because she used the "L" word!!

/rolleyes

Like I said he got shot at, he choked and instead of admitting he got scared he's shoving it off on her

beowulf579

[127]Mar 5, 2012
    Well...fate can be a cold bit*h sometimes. One of the weakest on most ppl's list "Carl" survived his stupidity while Dale died because of it.
    No hating on Dale for getting ripped open. That Walker went from "duh..stuck in mud" to "GI Moan..all zombie hero". It took down a pretty good size animal all by itself, somehow had the sense to leave it still moving, making noise and then ninja-poof behind Dale to get him. Daryl is lucky he got behind it...at the rate it was going it might have brought out a katanna and messed everyone over.

I'm sorry...but the evolution of the Walkers are starting to bug me just a little bit. Time for the updated list:

1) Rick, Daryl and Shane are tied. I just can't choose between them. Thank goodness their will be a tie breaker of sorts in the near future.
    2) Andrea- still probably has her skills but she isn't going down the road of Shane. She seems to actually be thinking a bit.
    3) T-Dog...I know...what?? But hey, he hasn't cut himself, lost any keys or essentially screwed up in any manner for weeks. He can just keep on leaning against a tree and not talk...at least he'll be alive.
    4) Glen- I think he is still shaken up from last week and trying to find his place, at least he'll probably get Dale's RV
    5) Lori- She has killed a Walker but that's the only reason
    6) Carol- She hasn't killed any Walker but at least is getting some attitude. Maybe she will be able to soon.
    7) Carl- stupid kid..he should have got his face slapped for what he said to Carol and he really should have gotten eaten instead of Dale

That's my list. Hershcel and Maggie would fit somewhere around #3 if I was including them. Otis's girlfriend (her name escapes me) was actually there though little more than a decoration.

G3ckOz

[128]Mar 5, 2012
    • level: 13

T-Dog is the weakest link hands down. His voice carries no weight, hasn't made any strong or meaninful decisions and never speaks up, he's just the guy in the dark that does stuff he's ordered or/and asked to. Now...i can't decide if that's also what makes him strongest?!?! No deep connections to any of the group, no obligations, he's just there cuz he'd die alone. So he's kinda smart...but i still dislike him. I still think he'll die next...or at least i hope he's the one and NONE of the others, i love 'em all

beowulf579

[129]Mar 5, 2012
    G3ckOz wrote:

T-Dog is the weakest link hands down. His voice carries no weight, hasn't made any strong or meaninful decisions and never speaks up, he's just the guy in the dark that does stuff he's ordered or/and asked to. Now...i can't decide if that's also what makes him strongest?!?! No deep connections to any of the group, no obligations, he's just there cuz he'd die alone. So he's kinda smart...but i still dislike him. I still think he'll die next...or at least i hope he's the one and NONE of the others, i love 'em all

The next episode opens up with a new grave #5 there and everybody looking at it.
    Glen "Could you believe it came out of nowhere...just seemed like it was hiding behind that tree."
    Carol "Yeah, took out...ummm...what was his name?"
    Lori "D-Dogg?"
    Carl "C-Dog"
    Daryl "No...it was T-Doug..that idiot that lost the keys."
    Everyone "Yeah...T-Doug...the idiot that lost the keys."

No one ever mentions him again.

ionee24

[130]Mar 5, 2012
    I guess this officially makes Dale the weakest link and Randall the strongest (he's really hard to kill).

OdumC

[131]Mar 5, 2012
    I really got ok with what Daryl was doing after Randall almost slipped up and smiled talking about what they did to those girls... Hershel, a principled man boiled it down to "I want that man away from my daughters" didn't care how, just end it.

I was also impressed with how Shane dealt with Dale, and yeah it took stones for him to go to Shane, last time they talked Shane basically threatened to kill the hell out of him. It looked like Shane genuinely got some respect for the crazy old bastard and threw him a bone. Farewell gifts all around Dale! Poor bastard.. Man, Carl needs his ass kicked Shane Style. It wasn't even him throwing rocks at the walker, That was bad enough in the stupid department, he could have lured others closer with the thing moaning and trying to get him... cause right after being told to stop doing things to get himself killed he decides to play with a zombie cause there's no way THAT can end badly... But then runs away and tells NO ONE there's a zombie crawling out of the mud well inside the farm perimeter? him and his parents live in TENTS FFS... was the kid the biggest idiot or what?

At least now with that zombie dead he can go back and get that gun.. and since he overheard Shanes coup plot that sets everything up nicely.

beowulf579

[132]Mar 5, 2012
    ionee24 wrote:
    I guess this officially makes Dale the weakest link and Randall the strongest (he's really hard to kill).

Lol. He is a hard little sucker to kill isn't he?

AustinMak

[133]Mar 5, 2012
    • level: 5
    Strongest:
    3. Glenn - Everything that Maggie said in "Secrets". Sure, he freezes when the bullets are flying, but he's a pizza delivery boy/master tactician and still pretty handy with a shotgun.
    2. Andrea, who finally seems to be developing into something like her comics counterpart. Hopefully what's left of Season 2 and Season 3 will see her reintegrate with the group and become Rick's kinda-sorta-lieutenant. And that she'll take up Dale's hunting rifle and become the master sniper we all know she is.
    1. Rick - Still has lousy command presence compared to himself in the comics. Comics Rick would have told Hershel "We're staying here, period" compared to all of the begging and pleading he's done.

Daryl would be in there, but he's back to redneck everything-ist and he's still kind of a wild card in terms of group dynamics.

Weakest:
    3. Carl - In contrast, in the comics Carl shoots Shane dead when Shane threatens his father's life, and he only becomes more badass. A kid who doesn't grow up in the face of danger is a liability, and/or a liability who gets people killed.
    2. Lori - Seriously, besides being able to go all Lori Macbeth on people she doesn't like (Andrea beware), and being able to cook a very pretty baked chicken quarter, what can she do? She can't even drive down an empty road without crashing (pedestrians don't count when they're walkers).
    1. Carol - Lemme bring up an Andrea quote: (About Shane) "He's not a victim". Well, Carol is. She's not an actor, she's the object of other peoples' actions.

G3ckOz

[134]Mar 6, 2012

beowulf579 wrote:
    G3ckOz wrote:

The next episode opens up with a new grave #5 there and everybody looking at it. Glen "Could you believe it came out of nowhere...just seemed like it was hiding behind that tree." Carol "Yeah, took out...ummm...what was his name?" Lori "D-Dogg?" Carl "C-Dog" Daryl "No...it was T-Doug..that idiot that lost the keys." Everyone "Yeah...T-Doug...the idiot that lost the keys." No one ever mentions him again.

Well said, so dare i speculate that the lack of interest in T-Dog is slowly leading to his "demise"? )

ionee24

[135]Mar 6, 2012
    beowulf579 wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

At this point, I'm thinking Carl will die before Randall does.

G3ckOz

[136]Mar 6, 2012

ionee24 wrote:
    beowulf579 wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

I for one am surprised he lived this long...

ionee24

[137]Mar 9, 2012
    G3ckOz wrote:

ionee24 wrote:
    beowulf579 wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

I for one am surprised he lived this long...

Well, I used to believe children were safe before Sophia so ...

beowulf579

[138]Mar 12, 2012
    Dang....a lot has went on recently.
    The List

1. Rick- for obvious reasons..he killed Shane. Last man standing gets the #1 spot.
    2. Daryl- he is not dumb. He knew something wasn't right when they went into the woods and took the initiative to go back and rely on what he knows. If Shane had been successful, Daryl could have called him on it.
    3. Glen- is part of a tie for me. He got his mojo back with killing that Walker with Daryl. Heck, he did most of the work there. He also showed that what Dale taught him stuck a bit.
    3. Andrea- she can kill walkers with pitchforks and take direction well from Rick it seems. She also seems to be able to get along better with members of the group than in times past like Glen
    4. T-Dog- heck ya...killed some walkers, unlocked a lock (thankfully there was no key needed) and said more in this episode than the last three combined
    5. Lori- manipulative little....anyway, as long as she can work her evil Macbethian ways on others..she'll live..for now
    6. Carl- he killed his first Walker.
    7. Carol- how can she not be down at the bottom of the list? Questions what Rick is doing and still has not fought off anything or anyone.

The Herschel clan would get put in around the 3-4 range.

And we look at our dearly departed Shane. Forget about the actual dying. He decided to kill Rick when the farmhouse was still in sight. Come on man...that was dumb.
    He also got lucky when he ran himself into the tree. Why? Imagine if Walker Randall had gotten up as fast as Walker Shane did. As Shane laid dizzy and messed up from his own self inflicted tree smack...he would have been easy prey for Walker Randall.
    Second, if he had shot Rick in the head..there is every bit as much chance the walkers would have come. It is Shane's fault that the walker horde is on their way. Thanks a lot Shane.

OdumC

[139]Mar 12, 2012
    beowulf579 wrote:

4. T-Dog- heck ya...killed some walkers, unlocked a lock (thankfully there was no key needed) and said more in this episode than the last three combined
    I totally called that!

ionee24

[140]Mar 13, 2012
    I don't know who the strongest is anymore, Shane look strong enough to resist everything to me ...until it was obvious that he wasn't emotionally strong to resist any of this.