The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCBetween Seasons

Who is the Weakest Link from the Atlanta Survivors, Strongest? (2nd Season)

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[141]Mar 13, 2012
    • level: 13
    ionee24 wrote:
    I don't know who the strongest is anymore, Shane look strong enough to resist everything to me ...until it was obvious that he wasn't emotionally strong to resist any of this.

I was thinking the exact same thing...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

beowulf579

[142]Mar 13, 2012
    • level: 59
    Shane's weakness was his mental state. Who knew...Lori was his greatest enemy!

ionee24

[143]Mar 17, 2012
    • level: 32
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    I don't know who the strongest is anymore, Shane look strong enough to resist everything to me ...until it was obvious that he wasn't emotionally strong to resist any of this.

There's no one safe anymore, what doesn't take you down physically could definitely ruin you emotionally.

OdumC

[144]Mar 17, 2012
    • level: 8
    beowulf579 wrote:
    Shane's weakness was his mental state. Who knew...Lori was his greatest enemy!
    Shane was always his own worst enemy..

beowulf579

[145]Mar 20, 2012
    Well....the season is over and it's time for my final list for this season.

1. Rick- Long Live The Ricktator! He killed Shane, had the foresight not to run right for the farmhouse, burned a few zombies (first to do that in the series), didn't bother trying to save a lost Jimmy, saved Herschel and put his foot down with the crowd.
    2. Andrea- Rule #1 Do Cardio! Ok, so that was from Zombieland but it applies with Andrea. She gets my #2 spot simply for surviving the whole freakin day. I was tempted to drop her down to #3 because she went to save Carol. That about got her killed and come on..she was trying to save a person that was going to fend off the zombie horde with a board?!
    3. T-Dog- Never thought I would put him up so high on the list. But he had the foresight that the master "plan" wasn't going to work. He also came up with the "go east" idea right off the bat. Everyone else was being overly worried about everyone else. That, and as Tim Surette said..he took all the good looking women with him that he could.
    4. Glenn (with Maggie)- putting them together for this. They are a team and a pretty good one. Maggie handled herself behind the wheel as well as could be expected and Glenn was going nuts with his weapon. Also, Glen recgonized that the farm was lost and was able to convince Maggie of it. I don't think anyone else could have done that.
    5. Daryl- He saw the situation for what it was...a lost cause. That got him points but not making anyone else realize it made him lose points. That and he risked his own neck to save Carol. Yes...it was heroic and honorable but we are talking about surviving here.
    6. Herschel- Daaang! Give that man a never ending shotgun and he can go to work. Ok..I know he reloaded sometime but still. Herschel was focused and might have had the highest kill count for the night. But his determination was also why I couldn't put him higher on the list. It almost got him and others killed.
    7. Carl- He listened to his Dad and took direction well when it was really needed. But he is a kid and still ignorant of how the real world works.
    8. Lori- Yes she killed some Walkers but going nuts for the lost son that she was ignoring (what...for the 10th time this season at least) almost got her and others killed. That and she is driving Rick over the edge.
    9. Beth Greene- Umm...she went where she was directed. Didn't get killed. Didn't tee anyone off. *shrugs shoulders* She's kind of cute. I dunno.
    10. Carol- Was their any doubt? Sure she tried to find Carl and such but when it came time to run...she ran off by herself...with no gun or weapon of any kind. She grabbed a board for crying out loud. Sure her options were limited but still..a board? Andrea saved her butt and then she left Andrea to die. I know...that might not have been fair but still. Daryl then had to save her butt. She's excess weight. On top of that, she is being openly critical of Rick and trying to put a wedge in between Daryl and Rick. What's with the Housewives of Zombieland anyway? Leave the Lady Macbeth drama on the farm. Oh...and with the exception of Beth Greene, Carol has not killed or even assisted in killing a Walker since episode one day one. Unless you called getting saved "assisting".

Well...to Patricia, Jimmy, Nervous Nellie and all 50 heads of cattle on the farm...goodbye but we knew you wasn't going to survive.

ionee24

[146]Mar 20, 2012
    As it stands, the weakest link should be a tie between Beth and Hershel

And the strongest link it's definitely the swordsman who rescued Andrea!

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[147]Mar 21, 2012
    ionee24 wrote:

You think Hershel is weak?

beowulf579

[148]Mar 21, 2012
    ionee24 wrote:

I have to disagree with the Herschel part. Mostly because the man can fire a weapon pretty dang well. Beth...yeah, that's why I put her second from the bottom on my list.

Lol...I didn't include Michonne because we haven't been formally introduced to the character yet.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[149]Mar 21, 2012
    ionee24 wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

There's no one safe anymore, what doesn't take you down physically could definitely ruin you emotionally.

Indeed!

ionee24

[150]Mar 21, 2012

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

An old recovering acoholic with two daughters and no home is not exactly Rambo, I'm trying to be realistic here, I'm not based on who I like or dislike the most, but actual strenghts and weaknesses: Beth and Hershel are not strong.

*ETA: emotionally or otherwise.

Edited on 03/21/2012 3:31pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Helostwin

[151]Mar 21, 2012
    • level: 17
    ionee24 wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

An old recovering acoholic with two daughters and no home is not exactly Rambo, I'm trying to be realistic here, I'm not based on who I like or dislike the most, but actual strenghts and weaknesses: Beth and Hershel are not strong.

I don't think Herschel is weak at all. He manned up espicially in the season finale. Cut Beth some slack, she's what 15 or 16? How anyone cannot see that CAROL is the weakest character by far is beyond understanding.

beowulf579

[152]Mar 21, 2012
    Helostwin wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

I don't think Herschel is weak at all. He manned up espicially in the season finale. Cut Beth some slack, she's what 15 or 16? How anyone cannot see that CAROL is the weakest character by far is beyond understanding.

Lol...doing some research on the actress that plays Beth. She is at least 24 years old. Probably 25.

beowulf579

[153]Mar 21, 2012

ionee24 wrote:
    An old recovering acoholic with two daughters and no home is not exactly Rambo, I'm trying to be realistic here, I'm not based on who I like or dislike the most, but actual strenghts and weaknesses: Beth and Hershel are not strong.*ETA: emotionally or otherwise.

I will agree with that and that's why I wouldn't put Herschel in the top 3 of the survivors. But I just can't put him at the bottom of the pile.

Until Carol kills a dozen Walkers, saved a few people's lives and try to support Rick instead of undermining him...heck, all of that would just have her breaking even in my book.

ChibiMaddiChan

[154]Mar 21, 2012
    • level: 9

Carol and Lori are the two weakest links to me. Yes, Carl is weak but come on, he's a child. Children do stupid things--or maybe I'm attached to the comic version because he's not NEARLY as stupid as the television version of Carl. With Carol, she's just complete dead weight and liability too often. She offers no real value to the team, doesn't fight the dead and has the nerve to undermine and sass Rick. The only person I find more annoying then her, is Lori. I...can't even begin to describe how much I hate Lori, lol. Carol is useless. But Lori manages to be useless AND cause nothing but conflict, problems, and drama. And with the season 2 finale and her reaction to what happens to Shane, it only solidified my hated for her.

She seriously just needs to die already. :/

ionee24

[155]Mar 21, 2012

beowulf579 wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

I will agree with that and that's why I wouldn't put Herschel in the top 3 of the survivors. But I just can't put him at the bottom of the pile.

Don't get me wrong, I love Hershel, I love Carol too but chances are he'll die of old age or a drinking problem before she dies riding Daryl's motorcyle, its just the way it is.

This isn't a video game, the one with most guns not always wins and Hershel has a double strike against him IMO.

Edited on 03/21/2012 7:57pm
    Edited 2 total times.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[156]Mar 22, 2012
    ionee24 wrote:

beowulf579 wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I love Hershel, I love Carol too but chances are he'll die of old age or a drinking problem before she dies riding Daryl's motorcyle, its just the way it is.

This isn't a video game, the one with most guns not always wins and Hershel has a double strike against him IMO.

Hershel never displayed a drinking problem in the show. He only began drinking that one time after the barn opening and Walker family massacre incident. You said he is a recovering alcoholic??? Where did you get that from? When did they show him struggling with alcohol? He stated that he used to drink in the past but his shooting ability, medical knowledge, and strong convictions makes him strong. Can't see how someone can call him weak.

ionee24

[157]Mar 22, 2012

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

Hershel never displayed a drinking problem in the show...

For one, there's Nebraska and Better Angels - where Hershel himself told he was an alcoholic and the sofa the only place his wife allowed him to sleep after he came back from the local bar - then there's also the watch he sold to pay for more alcohol (his wife bought back) that he gave to Glenn on the episode Dale died, Maggie knowing exactly the place he went to drink the episode Beth tried to take her life, etc.

Anyone who actually watched this season knows that Hershel has a drinking problem.

beowulf579

[158]Mar 22, 2012
    ionee24's right..Herschel admitted to his drinking habit in the past.
    Now...how big of problem will it be for a man in the middle of a zombie apocalypse without any alcohol nearby...I dunno.
    Ok..Herschel is older and probably has as much of a chance of dying due to an age related cause as a zombie.
    But...take away the booze and send in the zombies....Herschel grabs a gun and takes them out.
    Take Daryl away from Carol and she runs and grabs a board.

OdumC

[159]Mar 22, 2012
    • level: 8
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

beowulf579 wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

Hershel never displayed a drinking problem in the show. He only began drinking that one time after the barn opening and Walker family massacre incident. You said he is a recovering alcoholic??? Where did you get that from? When did they show him struggling with alcohol? He stated that he used to drink in the past but his shooting ability, medical knowledge, and strong convictions makes him strong. Can't see how someone can call him weak.
    Yeah he sounded like he used to have his wild days and stopped when his daughter was born. that doesn't say alcoholic, it kind of says the opposite.

If they had to replace the grandfather type on the show, I'm glad it was replacing Dale with Hershel. Dale was on my last nerve with his constant tattling and whining about Shane. I hated Shane too but the way he handled it was his exit strategy IMO.

So in this tiny town with possibly one stop light, it's proof someone has a drinking problem if they go to THE bar in town. even Dave and Tony's friends said it outright, check THE bar. there's only one. not hard to guess where someone might go if they wanted a drink.

the only thing suspect, was him selling his watch, but even then, party foul, they happen.. it doesn't say alcoholic.

Helostwin

[160]Mar 22, 2012
    • level: 17
    BEOWULF -- Several ppl on here said that the CHARACTER Beth is supposed to be 15 or 16. The fact that the actress portraying her is 24 doesn't matter at all. TV & movies use older actors to play younger characters all the time. The CHARACTER is supposed to be around 16.