The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCIn Season

You Know What Really Irks Me About This Show?

marknmo

[21]Oct 19, 2011
    • level: 12
    I think the zombie make-up looks great, though I do understand the OP. I think he's saying he wants to have more zombies that aren't quite so decomposed? Like, fresher zombies? I can get that, and it might be something they could do more of.

I do agree that the CG gore is annoying. If the CG wasn't noticable, I wouldn't care, but I can usually tell when the blood/gore is computerized, and that tends to pull me out of a the moment for a second and break the illusion of the story that this is actually happening to the characters. I think it's much more impressive when film/tv directors do things for real and put the effort in to make it as believable as possible.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

beowulf579

[22]Oct 19, 2011
    • level: 59

You show us one tv show that has done it better than this one.

The whole comparing this show to films is silly. Most zombie based films have equal time to that of 2-3 episodes of the Walking Dead. I'm sorry, but they have to do a season's worth zombies and special effects on a budget that isn't very high in comparrison to most movies.

Yaspaa

[23]Oct 20, 2011
    • level: 79
    This is one of the best shows on TV, there's nothing remotely irksome about it. I hate horror stuff so for me to love this it must be great. It's gross, it's tense, without being uncomfortably stomach churning everything a zombie show should be like.

cmtprkl

[24]Oct 20, 2011
    • level: 7
    i totally agree..

ionee24

[25]Oct 21, 2011
    • level: 32
    Then again, it's supposed to be a horror story (not a lame excuse to see how dates Elena/Bella like The Vampire Diaris). This show is actually scary.

SeanJohannse

[26]Oct 21, 2011
    • level: 3

I understand what the OP is saying. On the whole, the zombies are great and the blood effects arejust as good, but every now and then, there is a close up of a zombie who just looks to, well, perfect (as in perfect COSTUME). The only time I noticed CGI blood was when Dale shot the arrow through the zombies head, but this was just a momentary distraction. For a TV show, it's is fantastic. The only issue I really have with the show is that sometimes, the zombies seem to....cognizant. For example, in the season premier, the zombie in the motor home acted much like a real person would act; it looked around like it was fully aware that someone could be hiding, and when she dropped the gun, it paused as if it was curious. Then it acted almost angry when trying to break down the door. It's only a minor thing, but I prefer my zombies to be just mindless eating machines. Still a great show, though. Just minor issues.

OdumC

[27]Oct 21, 2011
    • level: 8

it smelled her.. it walked by the door and specifically turned to it sniffing, they already established smell is one of their most used hunting skills in "Guts"

ionee24

[28]Oct 22, 2011
    Agreed, it's why Daryl used the corpses to save T-Dog and himself: zombies can smell the living. That's how they hunt them down.

OdumC

[29]Oct 22, 2011

I was surprised they didn't go nuts with all that fresh blood laying everywhere... and I wouldn't say the zombie got "mad" trying to get through the door, but it's an aggressive cannibal and it's food is fighting back, of course it's going to get as violent as needed to kill and eat. it's nothing personal, it's "You're food, sorry." see: lion attacks.

ionee24

[30]Oct 22, 2011
    It's more or less what zombies are: vicious animals. They are one of the most agressive monsters in the horror genre.

Robbie007

[31]Oct 29, 2011
    • level: 1

Yeah there are a few things that irk people, especially things that I read about the show or where people posted. You are not alone my friend.

http://www.roamersandlurkers.com/topic/739-things-you-dont-like/

http://www.walkingdeadforums.com/forum/showthread.php/475-Annoying-issues-with-this-episode

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[32]Oct 31, 2011
    • level: 13
    Well I almost thought about not watching the show after that last zombie scene in "Save the last one". Shane and Otis can fight on the ground for three minutes and Shane can get up after the fight and calmly limp to the car but they both cant walk 20 more feet to the car together. Please...

OdumC

[33]Nov 1, 2011
    I was thinking why didn't they just jump on the bus then go right to the back and hop out the emergency door while the bus is filling up with walkers.. by the time one gets pushed into the handle to open it, they're at the car. But then again, why didn't one hide behind a car while the other one drove up in the trunk honking the horn and driving away slowly pulling the herd off so the other one could loot and meet up after say 10 minutes and both happily drive away.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[34]Nov 1, 2011
    OdumC wrote:
    I was thinking why didn't they just jump on the bus then go right to the back and hop out the emergency door while the bus is filling up with walkers.. by the time one gets pushed into the handle to open it, they're at the car. But then again, why didn't one hide behind a car while the other one drove up in the trunk honking the horn and driving away slowly pulling the herd off so the other one could loot and meet up after say 10 minutes and both happily drive away.

You and I just provided two more plausible possibilities that made much more sense than what was done in the show. I know they want to make Shane appear dark and have a secret going forward but come on....

And is it me, but didn't the zombies appear to be steps behind Shane and Otis up until the point they fought? Then suddenly, the zombies were enough distance to have Shane and Otis fight for three minutes, have Shane limp away a few steps and then Otis get feasted upon??? Kind've convenient hugh???

Also, Shane seemed to be in total pain and out of breathe prior to shooting and fighting with Otis. However, after he shoots Otis, he calmly limps to the truck. He couldn't have left Otis behind with both guns, hop to the car and drive it back to Otis as Otis shoots the nearest zombies???

Scully82

[35]Nov 3, 2011
    • level: 4

I think both Shane and Otis could have made it back to the bus, but they had Shane kill Otis to show that he'd finally cracked.I think they're trying to turn Shane into another villain for the series.

craftyfox

[36]Nov 3, 2011
    • level: 3

let me tell you, i am a zombie movie fanatic. I think that the walking dead's make-up is right up there with Dawn of the dead. the onlypart that looked fake to me was the explosion at the end of season one. other than that i will give this show a ten out of ten. this show makes resident evil look fake.nothing can beat the tank scene in part one, a real heart pounder. love it, love it and love it again.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[37]Nov 4, 2011
    Scully82 wrote:

I think both Shane and Otis could have made it back to the bus, but they had Shane kill Otis to show that he'd finally cracked.I think they're trying to turn Shane into another villain for the series.

Agreed!

ikeman

[38]Nov 5, 2011

dude you are a retard the make-up here is better than 95% of all other zombie flicks Ive seen including movies! And Ive seen alot of zombie movies. As far as the remake of NoTLD, I think the Walking dead has far better effects, and the extremely good for a TV show CG is a very nice compliment to the extemely good make-up. So maybe you need a new TV or somthing to see the picture more clearly (one without a round dial to change the channel) so as to see what the rest of the viewing public is seeing. What really irks me is people like you that nothing is good enough for and a TV show ends up canceled because of stupid remarks like yours without an ounce of common sense thought.

Bubbadoesclams

[39]Nov 19, 2011

Thank you OP. Guess I am not the only one who saw this too. Some of them are okay and in the shows defense, some of them are just skeleton looking after walking around dead for a while they I would think start to rot.

I noticed the contact lenses, they don't look scary or something. Last season the zombies were something quite frightening this season something is not there . The well zombie I think was just horrible, it looked like something from a cheap b movie. The one zombie in the show this season that actually was scary was the one in the church who turned around with a smile on his face .