The Walking Dead Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMCBetween Seasons

You Know What Really Irks Me About This Show?

PenguinSuzie

[61]Apr 7, 2012
    • level: 10
    I think the make up effects on this show are pretty good. S2 had a smaller budget I think or because they were doing more episodes they had much less to spend on things but it was still really good IMO.

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    I need to ask you the same question. Have you seen season 1? Shane is a police officer who is used to helping people on a daily basis. Rick is Shane's best friend. You gonna leave your best friend in a hospital when there is an outbreak of zombies brewing??? Then feel guilty about leaving him there defenseless so you place the bed in front of the room to give him temporary protection??? This is how you help your best friend???

Also, he told Lori that Rick was dead. He could have told Lori the truth that he left him in the hospital and it didn't look good. But he didn't because he knew that Lori would have went back for her husband risking her life. It makes you wonder if he didn't like Lori all the time. Face it, Shane is a bad person who is extremely self serving and would throw anyone to the wolves to save himself or get what he wants.
    I get the impression that at that point Rick needed the machines he was attached to. Whether Shane thought he was dead or fooled himself into thinking he was dead I don't think he was lying to Lori. Everyone seems to interpret this scene differently. I don't think Shane would have gotten them both out of the hospital alive. The military and the zombies were everywhere and killing everyone. He thought his best friend was dead or that he couldn't move him and the least he could do was make sure he didn't get eaten by zombies and protect his family.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[62]Apr 9, 2012
    • level: 13
    PenguinSuzie wrote:
    I think the make up effects on this show are pretty good. S2 had a smaller budget I think or because they were doing more episodes they had much less to spend on things but it was still really good IMO.

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    I need to ask you the same question. Have you seen season 1? Shane is a police officer who is used to helping people on a daily basis. Rick is Shane's best friend. You gonna leave your best friend in a hospital when there is an outbreak of zombies brewing??? Then feel guilty about leaving him there defenseless so you place the bed in front of the room to give him temporary protection??? This is how you help your best friend???

Also, he told Lori that Rick was dead. He could have told Lori the truth that he left him in the hospital and it didn't look good. But he didn't because he knew that Lori would have went back for her husband risking her life. It makes you wonder if he didn't like Lori all the time. Face it, Shane is a bad person who is extremely self serving and would throw anyone to the wolves to save himself or get what he wants.
    I get the impression that at that point Rick needed the machines he was attached to. Whether Shane thought he was dead or fooled himself into thinking he was dead I don't think he was lying to Lori. Everyone seems to interpret this scene differently. I don't think Shane would have gotten them both out of the hospital alive. The military and the zombies were everywhere and killing everyone. He thought his best friend was dead or that he couldn't move him and the least he could do was make sure he didn't get eaten by zombies and protect his family.

Not true. There isn't many ways to interpret that scene. If Shane blocked the door to protect Rick from the Walkers. That means it was possible that Rick survived. If Shane would have told Lori the truth, he would havd said similar to what you said, "Lori, I had to leave Rick in the hospital as there were Walkers and military guys killing walkers everywhere. Also, I believed that Rick was too out of it for me to carry him out with me and we both make it out alive. I did put something by the door to block out the Walkers from coming into his room so there may be a chance that Rick survived." That would be the truth. Just to say he died was wrong as Shane probably wished or assumed that he was.

cmtprkl

[63]Apr 16, 2012
    • level: 7

i think its fair to say that they spent a lot of time with those makeup for all those extras.. but they forgot to write a good season like the first one..

also they make too much noise? they don't just shut up for a second?

i watched last 4 episodes of season 2 and i had enough with the noises and close up to show off how good their makeups are..

cmtprkl

[64]Apr 16, 2012
    • level: 7

and another thing..

shane in school bus.. are you kidding me? at least put one or two walkers around the bus and the back door.

OdumC

[65]Apr 20, 2012
    • level: 8
    Why? they saw him go in the front, they saw him holding the door, why would they go around the back, they're mindless. they're not going to start searching the perimeter for breaks, they see meat, they push towards it. purely instinct. they're not taking one step away from the meal.

That bus scene was exactly like I laid out for Shane and Otis to do and survive the school parking lot where Shane murdered Otis within sight of a school bus.

PenguinSuzie

[66]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 10

@cmtprkl You're not suppose to double post. Use the drop down menu to edit your post.

cmtprkl wrote:
    They're mindless hungry slobbering corpses, unless their throats have rotted out they groan/moan a lot.
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Not true. There isn't many ways to interpret that scene.
    There is. Some people think the scene confirms that Shane is an evil asshole that never gave a damn about Rick and who left him there to die so that he could have Lori. While others interpret his actions differently and think he was sincere when he told Lori that Rick was dead whether it was because he thought he'd died at that moment or because he thought he'd have died in there afterwards and didn't want to give her false hope. If it's the second then at some point he should have told her that there was at least a chance. Either way I think he believed he was dead and not because he wanted it.
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    If Shane blocked the door to protect Rick from the Walkers. That means it was possible that Rick survived. If Shane would have told Lori the truth, he would havd said similar to what you said, "Lori, I had to leave Rick in the hospital as there were Walkers and military guys killing walkers everywhere. Also, I believed that Rick was too out of it for me to carry him out with me and we both make it out alive. I did put something by the door to block out the Walkers from coming into his room so there may be a chance that Rick survived." That would be the truth. Just to say he died was wrong as Shane probably wished or assumed that he was.
    She wouldn't have left without going back for him if she thought there was even the slightest chance. Especially at that time there was no way they would get him out and not all get killed. IMO Shane loved him too, if he thought he could get all three of them away with him he would have. He couldn't save Rick (who I do think he thought was gone), but he could try to save Lori and Carl. Closing off the door doesn't mean he believed Rick was alive. There are several ways to interpret the scene, maybe he thought he'd died and tried to stop his corpse from being eaten. Or maybe he thought he was alive, couldn't move him, so closed the door so that at least that isn't how he'd die. Not eaten by zombies or shot down by the military or dying the moment he's unhooked form the machine. I think whatever the case that Shane made a split second decision, didn't have time to stop and really pay attention and did what little he thought he could. He could have attempted to drag him with him but I don't think either of them would make it. I think he reckoned that at least he could protect the family. Even if he couldn't save his best friend.

Edited on 04/27/2012 9:08am

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[67]Apr 27, 2012
    PenguinSuzie wrote:

@cmtprkl You're not suppose to double post. Use the drop down menu to edit your post.

cmtprkl wrote:
    They're mindless hungry slobbering corpses, unless their throats have rotted out they groan/moan a lot.
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Not true. There isn't many ways to interpret that scene.
    There is. Some people think the scene confirms that Shane is an evil asshole that never gave a damn about Rick and who left him there to die so that he could have Lori. While others interpret his actions differently and think he was sincere when he told Lori that Rick was dead whether it was because he thought he'd died at that moment or because he thought he'd have died in there afterwards and didn't want to give her false hope. If it's the second then at some point he should have told her that there was at least a chance. Either way I think he believed he was dead and not because he wanted it.
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    If Shane blocked the door to protect Rick from the Walkers. That means it was possible that Rick survived. If Shane would have told Lori the truth, he would havd said similar to what you said, "Lori, I had to leave Rick in the hospital as there were Walkers and military guys killing walkers everywhere. Also, I believed that Rick was too out of it for me to carry him out with me and we both make it out alive. I did put something by the door to block out the Walkers from coming into his room so there may be a chance that Rick survived." That would be the truth. Just to say he died was wrong as Shane probably wished or assumed that he was.
    She wouldn't have left without going back for him if she thought there was even the slightest chance. Especially at that time there was no way they would get him out and not all get killed. IMO Shane loved him too, if he thought he could get all three of them away with him he would have. He couldn't save Rick (who I do think he thought was gone), but he could try to save Lori and Carl. Closing off the door doesn't mean he believed Rick was alive. There are several ways to interpret the scene, maybe he thought he'd died and tried to stop his corpse from being eaten. Or maybe he thought he was alive, couldn't move him, so closed the door so that at least that isn't how he'd die. Not eaten by zombies or shot down by the military or dying the moment he's unhooked form the machine. I think whatever the case that Shane made a split second decision, didn't have time to stop and really pay attention and did what little he thought he could. He could have attempted to drag him with him but I don't think either of them would make it. I think he reckoned that at least he could protect the family. Even if he couldn't save his best friend.

Well then you are confirming that most of Shane's actions were based on split second decisions which took away the freedom of choice from someone else and in the long run was to the benefit of Shane.

SupernaturalX55

[68]Nov 28, 2012
    • level: 3
    I thought the makeup/CG in TWD is excellent. It looks real enough to me & that's good enough imo. The only gripes i have with the show is sometimes the characters forget there is a zombie apocalypse & spend more time with their drama rather then making sure they are secure enough from any possible zombie attacks.

As for the thing with Shane leaving Rick.. i think he wasn't sure if Rick was dead or not so he blocked the door just in case & then later on saw an opportunity with Lori. Besides if he had told her that it was possible Rick was still alive she'd want to go back to the hospital, it's easier to say that Rick is dead.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[69]Nov 30, 2012
    SupernaturalX55 wrote:
    I thought the makeup/CG in TWD is excellent. It looks real enough to me & that's good enough imo. The only gripes i have with the show is sometimes the characters forget there is a zombie apocalypse & spend more time with their drama rather then making sure they are secure enough from any possible zombie attacks.

As for the thing with Shane leaving Rick.. i think he wasn't sure if Rick was dead or not so he blocked the door just in case & then later on saw an opportunity with Lori. Besides if he had told her that it was possible Rick was still alive she'd want to go back to the hospital, it's easier to say that Rick is dead.

You can't tell someone there love one is dead if you didn't see them die. He could of told Laurie what you just said and that would have been fine. It is up to Laurie to make the choice to go back for Rick or not.

AcidicDragon

[70]Feb 9, 2013
    • level: 2
    High School of The Dead uses animations, and it does a very good job at it. Not CGI, but just because it's animated doesn't mean it's bad.

jediknight52501

[71]Feb 23, 2013
    • level: 2

the Zombies are awesome.