The Walking Dead

Hounded

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 18, 2012 on AMC

• Hoaky

There were parts of this episode that were overwritten and others that were drastically underwritten. I absolutely loved Darryl finding Carol, however (they've been my favorite since the beginning) and Rick finally coming to terms with Lori's death will get us on the move again - as will Michonne showing up at the jail. Decent episode overall, really helped me hate Murl and the Governor even more.
  • Rick listens dead people

Several characters phone call Rick within the TV hour, we hear Jacqui, T- Dog and Lori again, all of them urging the lead to get his act together and live on for them. Urging Carl in his own way, is Daryl bonding over their respective mothers's death, even though Carl is resilient beyond belief and he already knows this is not the last parent/parent figure he'll have to shot down in this lifetime.

And sure, there go Little Ass-kicker's parent figures, Glenn and Maggie, taken by Merle Dixon as soon as Rick gets his act together. For no one can find their own strenght until he or she finds the source of said strenght, which is something Daryl figures out himself, the moment he finds Carol, still alive, on a cell.
  • couple

Daryl and Carol are my favourite characters!
  • Awesome cliffhanger

Yet another fantastic episode pulled off that has left me craving for more by the end.
  • Serbian

Weri nice
  • Landline Blues

Rick's cliffhanger from last week involving the phone is followed up by a woman answering on the other end and saying that she is in a safe place but she can't tell him where. Rick begs the woman to tell him and she says that her leader will call back in an hour after he tells her that he has a son. Just outside Woodbury Merle and a few others are on the hunt for Michonne even though she was supposed to be allowed to leave of her own volition without being followed. Merle's group comes across a dismembered walker forming the message "Go back." Merle isn't willing to give up and calls Michonne out into the open knowing that she probably isn't far away. She isn't and from a surprise attack kills two of his hunting party. Merle shoots at her and she gets hit in the leg and pushed back into the woods. Merle and the last other member, Garchullio, get out of there after walkers come down upon them. Merle manages to find her again and walkers attack Michonne before she can get a good hit in on him and Garchullio isn't willing to give up the hunt even though Merle is sure that Michonne is wounded enough to be walker bait he shoots Garchullio in the head and continues after Michonne anyway. Rick visits with Herschel whom he tells about the phone line and when Herschel offers to sit with him Rick won't have any of it, the two still maintaining their bond from last season is a welcome addition to Rick's grief and him having another widower to talk to about group matters. Herschel especially being thankful to Rick for saving his life and not being, "you cut off my leg you ass" was good to see him grateful although he is now stuck from leaving the prison essentially. Rick gets a call back from the woman's group's leader and he asks about Rick and how many living he's killed. He brings up Shane and the other inmates he killed and when he refuses to talk about how he lost his wife the man on the other end hangs up. Michonne comes upon Maggie and Glen who are going out for a baby formula supply run but when they are about to drive off Merle holds approaches them and Glen recognizes him. Merle asks where Daryl is and when Glen can't shoot him Merle attacks and holds Maggie at gun point and forces Glen to drive the truck they came in on back to Woodbury. Michonne sees this but can't do anything about it. Andrea continues her dangerous affiliation for dark dangerous men when she begins having a relationship with the Governor. Their romance falls flat for me, I like the Governor just fine but Andrea doesn't seem to have an individual personality outside of her pattern of choices that the writers seem to always give her over to. Merle returns to Woodbury saying Michonne killed his whole group and that he will question Glen and Maggie until they say where they were at so that he can find his brother. This is the evidence that will give Merle the exact reason for the Governor to move to the prison to force Rick and pals to come to Woodbury to stay. Rick gets another call this time the voice is the woman again and the clicking in the background proves what many surely thought and that it was not real, it was Lori's voice on the other end speaking asking him why he wasn't ready to move on. Her saying that her and the others are safe is a reference to the afterlife or what Rick's mind projects as the afterlife or a place without having to worry about the matters of the dead or the living. With his grief arc done with and him embracing his newborn baby we can get back to things as they were with him as the leader. Michonne standing with the baby formula in the basket at the end of the episode was a great stepping point into next week's adventure. Felt kind of lazy to just have Merle and Michonne come upon Maggie and Glen seemingly out of nowhere, I mean what are the odds, especially when Merle was satisfied letting Michonne rot and he killed a guy so that he wouldn't have to follow and he ended up doing it anyway. I mean this seems kinda clunky and Merle, although more nuanced than before, is still a "bad guy" holding Maggie at gunpoint and killing Garchullio in cold blood. That being said, the emotions behind Rick's phone calls (although somewhat obviously not real) got him to where he needed to be in a much needed way. Hopefully the upcoming chapters can be a little more well constructed, but Daryl finding and giving us some resolution on Caryl and his rapport with Carl telling him about his own mom's death keep solidifying him as the bad ass fan favorite award for this show even more.
  • Typical For The Most Part

Someone is calling the prison on the telephone and Rick is trying to get the information as to their locations,are they even real? In the meanwhile the story is pretty typical. Supply run, Lori and the Governors relationship building and a walker battle every 8.25 minutes. The show is starting to get pretty formulaic and predictable. I hope they break free of their standard formula and move into a broader structure.
  • Very nice!

*Spoilers* and this is a long review

Someone is calling the prison (Rick to be exact) with a promise of an even safer safe haven and Rick seems to be willing to do anything to get there as he thinks that they're going to die in the prison. TWD borrows material from the comics as we find out that Rick has been talking to those who his group has lost over time. I didn't like this storyline in the comics and I hope that this episode ends the TV adaptation of the storyline.

Merle is chasing Michonne down with few Woodbury soldiers and comes across a 'Bitergram' from Michonne. Michonne then appears and kills two of the soldiers and runs away. She is however grazed by Merle's bullet. During the second clash with Merle and the one surviving soldier they are surprised by a few roaming walkers and Michonne manages to accidentally conceal herself from other walkers with walker guts. Merle then decides to return to Woodbury as Michonne is 'as good as dead' but the remaining soldier doesn't want to return to Governor without proof that she's dead. Merle then turns his gun on him and shoots him.

I liked this storyline. It showed us that Michonne is extremely cold and has no problem at all when it comes to killing a human being who is attempting to harm her. I'm really waiting for the following episodes. As we saw Michonne finds the prison and when she realizes that even though the main survivors are brutal they are still pretty honest and.. Well.. Good? In this environment Michonne just might relax enough to tell the survivors and the viewers more about herself.

Carl, Daryl and Oscar are going around inside the prison looking for walkers. We learn about Daryl's mother. It turns out that she burned alive when Daryl was young. This was nice as we really don't know much about Daryl's past (except that he got lost as a kid). Oscar finds new slippers for himself. (Not important but I found it amusing). They kill a walker who has a knife plunged in his neck and it turns out to be Carol's knife. Later in the episode Daryl is by himself in a cellblock and starts to get annoyed by a door that appears to open and close from a cross breeze or something. After he charges in the cell he finds Carol in there. Completely exhausted and dehydrated

I think that Carol being alive is extremely good for all Daryl fans. Daryl isn't especially good with handling his emotions and back in season 2 we saw this when Sophia was revealed to be dead. Carol forgot about her emotions and gave Daryl a way to channel his feelings by giving him someone to blame. In a way Carol was extremely strong back in season 2 even though she didn't know how to shoot. If Carol would have died in the fourth episode I really think that there wouldn't be any reason for Daryl to stay in the prison when he finds out about his brother... Or at least not so many reasons.

Andrea continues to grow closer to the Governor and while people seem to hate her for this I understand her motives and reasons somehow. If you wouldn't know anything about any of the survivors and you were offered to be either in the prison with a group that's leader seems to be a little unstable and violent or in Woodbury, a village that's leader is charismatic and has built a somewhat working community... The decision would not be so hard. Andrea sleeps with the Governor and that's pretty much the only thing that happens in Woodbury in this episode.

Glenn and Maggie go for a supply run and arrive at a convenience store and talk about the prison... Not knowing Michonne is eavesdropping. Then Merle appears and things get heated up as he demands to be taken to Daryl or that Glenn tells where Daryl is. Shots are fired and Merle manages to get Maggie as a hostage. The three of them then head towards Woodbury.

While the episode didn't evolve the Woodbury vs. Prison storyline it did set the stage for probably the following two episodes. Next episode most likely contains a lot of material from Woodbury and the interrogations of Maggie and Glenn and by the end of that episode Glenn probably breaks and gives the location of the prison (Glenn probably cracks when the Governor threatens Maggie)

8th episode is called Made to Suffer which is the name of the Volume 8 of the comics. In the comics it is this volume in which Governor finds the prison and wagen an assault on it. So in 8th episode it is likely that Governor by the end of the episode has made contact with Rick and the group. The Walking Dead seems to get better and better as the 3rd season goes on. Can't wait!
  • Hounded

Hounded was a perfect and very entertaining episode of The Walking Dead. I really enjoyed watching because the character development was phenomenal and the plot line progression was great. There were many intriguing aspects to to this episode. It was interesting to see how Andrea and The Governor interacted with each other. I liked how Andrea wanted to remain sharp on her survival skills. Michonne deals with Merl and his crew of men though in the end Merl ends up lying about what happened. It was interesting to see Glenn and Maggie come across Merl. Rick seemed to receive telephone calls so I'm guessing they are hallucinations, but maybe they are not, I wonder whats going on with him but it was phenomenal acting! There were many interesting and intriguing things that happened. I liked the ending and look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!
  • Emotional Closure

I loved how they closed the Lori storyline - at first I thought Rick was just losing it, hallucinating phone calls and whatnot, but I think it'll give him a new goal and new strength to continue. It was actually quite beautiful.

Also, I want earl to meet up with his brother again, but given what he did and how the governor now seems a bit suspicious of him - I don't know if he'll survive much longer.
  • The show has lost its heart.

5.5
    The show has lost its heart. There is no more feeling in this, unless you consider despair and sadness, but otherwise the show has no more heartbeat.

Jon Bernthal aka Shane's absence is noticeable. The same is starting to happen with Sarah Wayne Callies departure, its starting to show.

Which wouldn't be all too bad but they killed off T-Dawg too.

This season is going to be excellant in terms of pace, consistency (it already is) but its not going to have the heart.

At which point, boredom will set in and if anybody remembers Heroes, thats where's its going.
  • NO SURPRISES HERE

right...i was going to post about how the scenes with meryle were somewhat predictable because they need him alive now..i knew he was going to kill the kid who was going to tell. they do that alot in tv...im going to the cops in the morning..splat lol so much story in these episodes...I NEVER SAW IT COMMING,not even a little don't want to post a spoiler...i can't get over how they do so much..incrediable!!!!!!!!!!!! this is the best show on tv and i am on my way to watch homeland,but this has it bea. because of the complexities,at least for now... glad to see mishonne made it to rick and the gang..