The Walking Dead

Indifference

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 03, 2013 on AMC

• Hypocrite!

Although Carol was wrong to kill the sick people, Rick's a fine one to talk given his history of killing people for little reason. Good episode.
  • The Quick and the Undead

This week's offering definitely kept the awesome coming as we see the dual supply run stories converge as Rick and Carol go out for immediate medical supplies and Daryl and the others get to the veterinary hospital. Things back in the prison get that much worse in the few seconds we spend there it makes me think we may have seen the last of the many Woodbury Redshirts that are still in quarantine. Rick's story was all about drawing lines, as he and Carol meet a couple who had been hoofing it injured through the Georgia area by themselves. I thought they seemed nice enough and warranted saving if they had been up for it. Carol spends the whole time getting Rick to see her side of the story without ever apologizing for it in the kind of leadership justification that Shane would've made if he were still around. This show is still about leadership and if anything Rick's resolve to have a say in the running of things comes back in full force with this revelation of Carol's double-murdering antics. He makes her leave in the end, after sadly coming upon the girl who had had an injured foot and the guy having not shown up again when they had said to. Rick's going to have a heck of time explaining that she either didn't make it or chose to go her own way. I honestly didn't expect Carol to go but it is a good idea in terms of Rick's story because if Tyreese did find out he would kill her. I just hope this isn't the last we've seen of Carol as she remains a very well developed character and even she admits to how she's gone from victim to fighter since we first met her as the battered wife back in Season 1 and also because I've always hoped that Daryl and her would start a thing eventually. The other story involved a heavy bit on Bob again after having told Daryl about his culpability in Zach's death caused by his alcohol shelf tilt back in the season opener to which Daryl says that he couldn't have known about it and that he's one of them now which was sweet and hearthfelt. That made the later part all the more difficult as they dramatically grab all of the medicine vials they need for antibiotic purposes and Bob turns out to have only had a bottle (which he had a tug of war with involving a bunch of walkers) and Daryl then threatens to kill him if he drinks a single drop before they get the meds to the others back at the prison. This was really complicated as I understand that Bob can't handle the silence of living in the world and facing his hour of consciousness or being alone. Even his story about almost walking away that day that Daryl found him sound like someone who can't cope but come on Bob, you can fit meds in there and your liquor you can have both and be a hero. Anyway just thought I'd point that out that they pulled a great 180 with this and are adding to the addiction motif and coming back from the things you've done as a theme and the writers are handling that really well. I only hope that we get more of the prison quarantine next week as I'm curious how many are still alive and who isn't and seeing how Rick explains how Carol isn't coming back. I have a theory that maybe the writers took this opportunity (even though it did happen in the comics) to write Carol out since there was the news of a spin-off show for the Walking Dead not about the main group so it may be possible that Carol may be the lead, a cast member, or at least a guest star when and if that ever materializes.
  • The Rick vs Carol debate

He tells her that she endangered the group, then gives her half the food endangering the very group he gathered that food for. He tells her he doesn't want her with his children, but then keeps her children with him. He tells her he doesn't want to see her again, but ends the episode watching the rearview mirror, hoping he could see her again. It took me a week, but I've finally made up my mind: Rick sends Carol away, so that Tyreese wouldn't kill her off.

Like Lori with the pancakes, Rick wanted them to be the kind of family that didn't have to teach their children to use knives, to punish a son because he shot someone in cold blood, or banish a mother because she euthanizes two Woodburites.

In a dramatic twist of events, the same Rick that killed Shane - and almost killed Randall - goes on a last run with Carol, takes one moment to reflect on the wife and the daughter they no longer mention, and gives her the first argument Lori was waiting from him for as long as they were married.
  • Skywalk

Without The Governor, this season is for now - BORING.

Governor or GTFO
  • How can I go on? (waiting for Sunday night)

They made me love her and then they took her away! Legitimate tears were shed over this episode. It might be a bit melodramatic, but I feel like my life is on hiatus until the next episode is released. And really, isn't that what all of us want from our favourite shows?

It's sad that not everyone likes the story lines and the characters, or appreciates what the writers are trying to do with these themes, but I think I've found my ideal show (seeing as I won't ever get another season of Firefly)
  • Killing Time

That was a very uncharacteristically swift dealing with an issue for this show. We know Carol will be back, just not when. And what will Rick tell people when he returns without her? I see mutiny in the form of children. This episode went nowhere fast and reiterated options we already had a grasp on. Carol's reasoning was the same as Carl's - some version of I did what I had to. So we learned nothing new. I think the highlight was Tyreese going all Donkey Kong with the fire extinguisher.
  • Indifference

The Walking Dead continues its streak of disappointing episodes. I am glad they appear to be getting rid of Carol which was long overdue, but why have so much of the episode devoted to her? She is beyond annoying.

But very few parts of tonight's show were any good to begin with.
  • just uinteresting

By far the worst episode this season
  • LOL at review below

Entertainment for the ignorant masses? Perhaps you should learn how to spell 'disgusting' before commenting on how ignorant the viewers of the show are? Clown! With that out of the way I thought the episode really pulled at the heart strings, carol's turning into a shell of the person she once was, every ounce of humanity stripped away and I think Rick finally realises if this is the way his son is to turn out he wants no part of it. He makes the right decision no matter how hard it might have been for him and the viewers. Enjoyed it! Hopefully the season will start to gather some pace now, wondering how daryl will take the news of rick dumping carol? Things are gonna heat up.
  • Entertainment for the ignorant masses

Absolutely discusting