The Walking Dead

Indifference

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 03, 2013 on AMC

• The Rick vs Carol debate

He tells her that she endangered the group, then gives her half the food endangering the very group he gathered that food for. He tells her he doesn't want her with his children, but then keeps her children with him. He tells her he doesn't want to see her again, but ends the episode watching the rearview mirror, hoping he could see her again. It took me a week, but I've finally made up my mind: Rick sends Carol away, so that Tyreese wouldn't kill her off.

Like Lori with the pancakes, Rick wanted them to be the kind of family that didn't have to teach their children to use knives, to punish a son because he shot someone in cold blood, or banish a mother because she euthanizes two Woodburites.

In a dramatic twist of events, the same Rick that killed Shane - and almost killed Randall - goes on a last run with Carol, takes one moment to reflect on the wife and the daughter they no longer mention, and gives her the first argument Lori was waiting from him for as long as they were married.