The Walking Dead

Internment

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 10, 2013 on AMC

• Helix

Getting really tired of the virus storyline, for a moment, I thought I was watching Helix
  • Ideology

Oh man did I pick the wrong episode to take a break from WD. This episode was exhausting in how much happened, but it was exactly how the audience should feel after viewing. They conveyed what the characters were experiencing perfectly and really built up Hershal in his drive, which pushed that drive onto those he's touched as a doctor. It was a little sad, because you knew he was going to fail, but isn't that what this show is about? Inevitable failure? Tested morals and values? This was a fantastic episode and I can't wait to see what else I've missed.
  • Internment

This week's episode continued the winning streak of the viral arc which focused mostly on the prison as they waited for Daryl and the rest to return with medicine. I must admit that this is comparable to the first half of season 3 in terms of consistent quality so far, hopefully they don't screw it up now that this mini-series-esque viral plot has ended. We begin with Rick driving and brooding back to the prison having to now explain why Carol left to the rest. The winner for the episode is Herschel, who retains his vow to continue helping contribute to save people and surely made a heck of a difference in the lives of those he cared for in this episode. Even in death he didn't ghost any of the dead ones from the virus without wheeling them out of sight. The quote by Steinbeck fit well into his theory that a "sad soul can kill faster than a virus" or something along those lines. He should've heeded the doctor's orders to focus saving those that he could rather than all of them and many, who were sick or otherwise, paid the price for his indecision. I was actually worried about losing Glen once the fever took him and the viral walkers started getting out of their cells. Even more thrilling was the outdoor conflict and Rick watched the wall collapse under the new walker weight of a seeming entire horde. His theme tied into this episode, knowing when to trust the young around you to handle responsibility when needed, as Carl and he use rifles to clear the walkers who broke through the fence. Just as the worst was upon them the calvalry arrived and Glen is saved (predictable a tad but seeing Herschel and Maggie dispatch walkers as they did was awesome Herschel even killed them out of view of the rest of them and even assigned Mark Twain, can this guy get any more wise?). But just as the bodies are cleared and things seem to be almost fixed we see the Governor all alone standing outside looking upon the prison. But he seems all alone, what happened to Martinez and the other guy? They went with him last season so I at least expect to see them pop up next week in the retrospective episode where we'll no doubt see where Gov has been the past five episodes. But I'm excited to see where this goes as they hopefully don't make the rivalry between him and Rick that central again and drag it out as long as they did last year, the biggest fault of the second half of season 3 in my opinion was the plodding pacing of their rivalry, but he remains an interesting character and if he's back for vengeance or something else it's still good to have a central antagonist out there waiting to cause havoc so his arc will no doubt last us through the midseason finale at the very least.
  • Riding in cars with watches

The broken watch is a comfort, it helps Rick with his life. Not so much for Hershel, Dr. S. is about to die. Trying to help the living and carrying the dead outside; Sasha, Glenn and Hershel end up doing the exact same thing as Carol before the end of the night. A fact Rick is confronted with, when he confesses Hershel he left Carol behind.

It takes just one so all hell would break loose, Rick can't handle the fence any more than Maggie help her father to handle the mayhem, many die simply because the victims of the flu raise to prey on the dying. If Tyreese's group wouldn't have got there in time, they would've perished either by the walkers on the fence or the ones from the inside.

Either by the dead preying on them or the Governor coming back to hunt the living
  • a badass.

I liked this episode (and most of this season so far) because the writers etc are giving every character more screen time than before Beth, Tyreese etc. I especially koved Hershel this ep. Such a did not give up on anyone when he was helping them and when the real action started I was literally praying he wouldn't die. (And he

Glen, poor was sad seeing him like that but nice when Maggie came to his side and craddled him to sort of soothe him and ease his little girl ( forgot her name )

seemed strange this ep. She could have taken that zombie out with what Carol taught her but she spoke to it and lured it away (which was sort of smart but still). Then she put her foot in Glens puddle of insides and seemed totally transfixed by it. My idea still stands that she killed Karen and David and Carol was covering up just because she seems dodgy to me.

Rick and Carl bonding over some zombie shooting was nice to see too. I likes the bit where Rick ran out of ammo and Carol tossed him a mag.

The skyvers Daryl, Michonne, Tyreese and Bob have terrible timing but atleast they made it back in one piece with some meds.

"Guess whos back, back, back? Back again, again, back"

Did you read that in an Eminem voice? If so you are cool but anyway whats that in the woods? Is it a walker? Is it a civillian? N, its just the Governor.
  • Damn ...

All killer, no filler .. nuff said !

PS : Keep it together Glenn ^^
  • One-legged ass-kicking

What a great episode and what a great character study of Scott Wilson's brilliant performance as Hershel. It's great to see a lot of the characters growing, and Hershel is one dynamic characters on the show who mostly speaks up as the voice of reason, so it's nice to see him jamming a blade through a walkers skull.
  • Yes you are Hershel

You are as tough as they come and this episode was awesome. It's nice to see and episode that seems to focus not only on physical fighting and the typical stuff but also take a focus on what sheer will power and hope can do as well.

The safest course of action would have been to wipe out the sick people. In reality that is pretty much what happened anyway because of the disease. But Hershel didn't quit and a few people survived that wouldn't if they did things in the "Carol" way.

Good moments with Rick and Carl as well. I like episodes like this also in that they know they don't have to focus on every single character. Tyreese and company wasn't present for 90% of the show and there was no Carol, Judith or Beth. In some ways I feel it was odd that Beth wasn't around at all. In some ways she could have been more help than Carl. With the exception of gun training, she might be a bit stronger than Carl still. But she had to take care of the baby so that makes sense.
  • Internment

While the episode was predictable in the greatest sense, it finally gave the season some signature moments. This program has been stagnant and lifeless for too long and we finally got a little bit of action and we finally got some chaos, not just some coughing.

Plus, the tease of a return at the end is more than appreciated. That individual has been gone for far too long.
  • Hershel is a hero!!!

He really is a bad ass:) Such a good episode, good action, good suspense, good shooting...

I kept waiting for Darryl and the gang to return to help, but they were juuuusssstttt a bit late for the action. Glad the medicine arrived so the flu thing can go away...

Enjoyed Carl and Rick kicking zombie butt together, side by side.

Wonder what the Governor is up to????
  • back on track

Nice! after last weeks disappointing episode, we seem to be back on track