The Walking Dead

Judge, Jury, Executioner

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 04, 2012 on AMC

• Sorry, brother ...

Granted that there are times when The Walking Dead seems to run at the pace of molasses with more talk than progression, but isn't that the case with every series out there?

The reason, I think, that it is somehow more apparent with this series, is because the non-molasses times are just frickin' all-engrossing. Twice during this episode I found myself so involved in what was happening, that I had to literally shake my head.

The actors have all (almost all) found their comfort spots within their roles, and for the duration (despite the strange premise of the show), are all too believable.

What I like too, is that the series is not following the comics. A big detractor (and pet peeve) for me were the goof-heads who had read the comics and could not contain themselves and had to just spill the beans any chance they got, with spoilers. The writing staff is throwing them (and us) curve balls, and that suits me fine.

[!!SPOILER!!]

I hate that Dale died. I liked his character and think he could have continued to be the voice of reason within the group.

[Venting Session]:

Andrea, who I liked at first, but then began getting on my nerves, needs to go next :O). Carl is a little brat and I seriously dislike him - lol. While I understand that he is just a kid, and is probably going through a lot, and that 'kids will be kids', I really hoped for a sec. that that zombie would make Carle-Asada of him.

All-in-all, an excellent episode, and I continue to look forward to more.