The Walking Dead

Pretty Much Dead Already

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 27, 2011 on AMC

• Amazing! I seriously do not know how I will manage to wait till the rest of the season. But the walking dead seems to enjoy keeping us waiting - yes, I am referring to the previous touchy-feely and less thrilling episodes. I think they made up for it.

This episode can easily be the best of The Walking Dead so far. I always liked the fact that this show is more about the survivors than about the zombies - despite the title. And this season we focused a lot on the survivors and their feelings. I wasn't complaining but I admit that I was missing the action a little bit.

But this episode!.. Both the character developments AND the rising tension AND the action - not to mention the magnificent ending.

--If you haven't watched episode 7 yet, don't read ahead.--

Although I don't like the character very much, I love the tension Shane brings to the series. He's becoming this survivalist beast and it seems nothing - and no one - can stop him from now on. I think he giving up on caring about even Lori, Carl or Rick.

As for the rest of the group, I don't know what will become of Andrea but I wouldn't want to watch her become a female version of Shane.

Although I wouldn't want to see them kiss or anything, I like the bonding between Daryl (my favorite character) and Carol. I think it's good that Daryl makes a connection to a person, instead of wandering off on his own.

And I think the ending was both painful and enlightening for both Herschel's group and Rick's group. Herschel's party acknowledged that the walkers were indeed dead. And when Sophia came out, the rest realised why the farmer didn't want to finish off his beloved walkers.

I liked that Rick didn't take part in the shooting until the very end, and I was glad it was him who took that final shot. It shows that he didn't lose his virtues as a human being, but he is still leader material.

To sum up, I loved this episode and I think the rest of the season will be much intense than the first part of season 2.

So the wait begins for the 8th episode...