The Walking Dead

Pretty Much Dead Already

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 27, 2011 on AMC

• Two disparate reviews have both got it right!

If the current qulaity of script writing persists then there are going to be a lot of lovers and haters -

I'm putting up my hand and saying - the original - the comic - was just that - and not a television series. So we have to be understanding - respect for the sourse - especially in this contempory time when "old comics" seem to be of more worth for movie material than otherwise... if you want to sit back and enjoy on a Friday night (critics please note - especially when you review a film "of popular conumption" e.g. "Thor" rather than "artistry")... anyway...

... so we proceed with a great idea... but so slowly?

Please don't put us to sleep before the corn has even popped?

... and who gets to shoot the guy who KNEW the young girl had been zombiefied (is that a word?) but didn't have the decency to tell the group?

Too many points to work-around for general readers... but please Mr/Ms Writers - stay true to the source but speed things up but not at the expense of so many gaping plot-holes (usually as a consequense of the original authors) - now's the chance to follow the path but make it a little less bumpy - and more fun on Friday (even if it is screened on another day - pedants rest your weary minds).

Summary - tighten up the script (gaffs) and give it more action/interaction to improve pathos and enjoyment andmove the plot FORWARD.

Rmember the lessons of long ago at school - conflict is the essence of drama - not just "talk".