The Walking Dead

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMC Premiered Oct 31, 2010 In Season

The Walking Dead Fan Reviews page 3 of 11

• This season is off to a good start.

Thank goodness Rick has returned to being bad a**. I could not take his crazy phone calls, dreams & soft side any longer. These 2 episodes are better than the entire last season. I would want Carol on my side, she's saved them twice now. I'm over Glenn & Maggie, along with Beth.

Okay - in the scene in S5-E2, with father Gabriel on top of the rock being tormented and grabbed at by a handful of walkers, did anyone else notice that the hands of the walkers were as smooth as a babies arse? They were pale in color but no rotting was evident! THE HANDS WERE THE FOCUS OF THE SCENE and no one noticed on set that the hands were not rotted, scarred, decayed, etc? COME ON!
  • Surprised

Great episode with one surprise. I can;t be the only one that thought Darryl was going to run over and hug his crossbow instead of Carol can I?
  • No Sanctuary

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! this was an awesome ending with Len looking for the group to rejoin Rick and the group and Ms Mc Bride that plays Carol she not playing taking number and kicking "butts. I "LOVE THIS PROGRAM worth the wait congratulation to the cast, crew and writers.

• Nicely done AMC

What a premiere! This show has everything you want in a show!
  • HELL YEAH!!!

Wohoooo That was one hell of a premiere, one that fulfilled and met every expectation. Anger, Violence Revenge, Bats, Spears, Swords and Guns .. AHH its finally back people so brace yourselves and enjoy this ride.
  • Halloween With Rick Grimes

Going to enjoy this Halloween with Rick grimes jacket of season 5 .. The great walking dead from

• Zombie Stare

I'm ready for it to begin again with all the drama and zombie apocalypse.
  • ThE bEst ShOw

The Walking Dead is the best show i ever seen in my life. Every one from around the world must watch this show.
  • Its not what it seems!!!

OK im going to be honest but when i saw this show to watch on was like HAAA GAAYY!!!! BUT THEN I WATCHED IT ND I WAS LIKE OMG THIS IS THE BEST SHOW EVA!!!!!!!!! Its so great and i hope people dont think of this show as a dumb show cuz its amazing. BEFORE YOU JUDGE IT, WATCH IT.
  • Best show on television!

How people can dislike this is beyond my comprehension. With so much crap on TV these days this is one of the few gems left on television. This is right up there with Game of thrones & The Strain. Can't wait for the new season to start!
  • No More Gay Talk On The Walking Dead, Put Up or Shut Up

Quite frankly it has been severely played out. We get it Daryl or

someone may (or may not) be gay. The truth is we are over it. I cannot

tell you how many emails and replies I get here at The Walking Dead Update complaining that every other article has to do with who may be gay.

You should have played the Beth and Daryl story out a little more. At

least then you may have kept people's interest a little longer, and who

doesn't love a romance? If that were for some unknown reason not

feasible (this is after all fiction), then playing off the chance of his

death will have worked just as well.

It's like a dog with a boneit just would not let it go. You received

a ton of exposure (positive at first), but that ship has sailed.

People are sick of hearing about it. So it's time to put up or really

just shut the hell up about it. Let me let you in on a little secret, '

sometimes people are gay'. WOW, what a revelation that must have been.

If it was a just a publicity blitz, good on you. Yet I'm not sure the

response will be positive anymore. If it's just a stunt, you played it

out way too long! The novelty has worn off!

So you AMC execs it's time to let the cat out of the bag, or just

admit there was no cat to start with. We are your fans, WE make the

show, not you. We are not your pawns to move as you see fit just to see

what happens. It's time to come clean, the show is almost on and we have

waited long enough. Hell, it's not like it would be a world ending

spoiler. Think of it as a gift to all your loyal fansplain and simple!

I hope this was not too harsh, but I have readers to answer to as well. AND let's be honest, it really is time for the truth!

- Owner The Walking Dead Update
  • Something funny happened in the way to good TV

Writers started thinking that an overdose of vampires and zombies is what I want to watch every week. I wonder what is missing in TV right now, creativity or time to think this through.
  • Great tv series

I think it be great if they made more seasons after season 5 and it will follow the comics as well and I heard they got 130 comics to print so far and I really enjoy watching the show and I got it DVD up to season 3 and then by September 29th I have season 4 on DVD and so give us more seasons to watch plz
  • The Ultimate Movie Review! -- @tss5078

I did not want to get into AMC's The Walking Dead, because it is what I like to call, addictive television. I try to avoid shows like this, but I was at a friends house the other week and there were a group of people watching it, so I really didn't have a choice and I got sucked into it's grip. The reason I don't like to watch shows like this is because it's based on a book, which usually means, the show is amazing and very well written until they reach the end of the book and have to come up with new stuff on their own. At that point, the quality of the story quickly diminishes and the show either gets boring or goes way over the top. As I watched the first two seasons of The Walking Dead over the course of a couple weeks, I found that the same was true for it. The first season was an absolute delight and I hated the fact that it was only six episodes. The second season started out pretty good also, but that's when the book must have ended and things changed. This powerful, exciting show became extremely predictable, with every episode featuring about forty minutes of talking and five minutes of action. So, if I was so turned off by it at that point, why am I watching the new episodes right now? Addictive television! Now that I know the characters and their stories I want answers to the same four questions as everyone else. Who is fighting with who, who is fucking who, how will the story end, and the big one, who lives and who dies. Similar to soap operas, shows like the Walking Dead, for the most part, aren't well written, are extremely predictable, and don't really develop much after the initial impact. I didn't see a single episode in the second or third season that I enjoyed as much as I did every episode from season 1. I am nevertheless invested in the show and what happens now, and to be honest it's not that it's a bad show. I really like Sarah Wayne Callies from Prison Break and Norman Reedus's character is the one guy who really evolved into someone who fascinates me. The action scenes, as well as the effects are terrific, and they do have a pretty talented cast. It's my hope that as it continues to gain popularity, that the writers turn to other sources, perhaps the author of the book or even some fan fiction for alternative ideas on how to keep things fresh and interesting, because right now, aside from the question of who lives and who dies, there isn't much there to attract new viewers to the show. If you like dark stories, horror, and end of the world type fiction, I'd give the show a try, but if you're a newbie whose thinking about getting into the Walking Dead, I warn you, the first season is amazing and will suck you in, but after that, as of yet, it hasn't gotten any better.
  • The Walking Dead Rocks

I don't like zombies movies but TWD is the shit, totally awesome show. I am so going through with draws. But serious great show you guys Rocked on this one. Keep it going .
  • TWD: Is it worth watching?

The first season was great, really great but as the seasons progressed it lost its "juice" but it is 'entertaining". In reality I know that people die but the characters in the story itself just kept on dying and dying one after the other. There would always be deaths and new characters and it's hard to get a hold of the stability of the group and each of their characters but I guess it gives a whole new "feel" to the story itself.

Visual effects - 8 out of 10 stars

characters - 6 out of 10 stars

story - 6 out of 10 stars

entertainment - 7 out of 10 stars
  • a new view on life

immaculate. that is the one word to depict this series. before i viewed the pilot episode, i was extremely biased. i am not a huge fan of gore or zombies, and i can say i was very uninterested with very low expectations. currently almost through with season 4, all i can say is wow. just wow. this show has influenced me in every way possible. the emotional attachment i have in association to the walking dead is nearly ridiculous. after i finished the pilot episode, i was curious, but not hooked- by the end of season 1 i was left wanting more, and boy, was i satisfied. simply a beautifully executed show; i could probably write a novel of a review going on about how much i cherish this show. yes, there have been a few weak spots (*cough cough* but never have i given up hope that these brilliant writers will fail to complete a great episode/season. the character developments on this show has seemed to outshine everything else. there has been AT LEAST one stellar episode per season, and in my opinion, that defines a truly epic television series.

if you even care about my opinion (just an excuse to babble on) my 3 favorites have been the killer within, internment, and too far gone.
  • Lamest season finale

In fact the whole season was a waste. Mazzara would've done better.
  • joint best show on tv with got and marvels shield

this show is great. ive read reports saying it slow, filler etc the way this show produces action and emotion almost every episode is unrivalled. it is a story at the end of the day. i cannot wait for new season to start. marvels shield just startin to get that balance
  • despite the weak finale - can't wait for the return in fall

The finale of the 4th season was abrupt and dissatifying. The whole show though is very good, entertaining, and offers a very deep and interesting character development. Everyone who can wrap their head around a world wide zombie scenario will love this show and the near realistic setting and story line. Especially the strong characters are convincing and breathe life into the story. It should be 10 points for season 1-3 but a few little weak bumps in the 4th seasons story development justify the loss of 0.5 points. I really hope this show lasts for a few more seasons.
  • You all Seem to OVER ANALYZE!!!!

It's a show which is meant to entertain & take people away from the realities of every day life.

I love TWD and the cast, each season seems to get more and more intense.

STOP taking every episode and analyzing the crap out of it, it's fantasy not reality and if you're going to disect it to pieces then STOP watching it and let those of us who truly appreciate TWD and the great characters and special effects ENJOY the show!!! :)
  • Terrible Season Finale

With the exception of a handful of episodes I am so damn tired of the writers drawn out character transformation of Rick. After an entire season of wandering aimlessly struggling with manic depression somehow Rick miraculously transforms inside of 1 day back to the old "kick ass and take names" Rick of the past? What a waste of a season. The writers are obviously relying heavily upon their assumed ignorance of the fan base and our obvious inability to follow a more realistic story line. And what the hell is up with Mr. Mullet scientist? Really? would take him seriously any day.
  • Terrible Finale

what about Beth, And Carol and doesn't ask about Judith first thing and Maggie doesn't ask about Beth fist ... I think we may be looking at a Hero's type future.
  • Rare Gems and The Suspension of Disbelief.

I only started watching TWD 4 days ago, and I'm half way through season 4 now. I have only a few opinions to share, not that my opinions are worth the time it will take to write them, but that's the beauty of having opinions.

1. The Apocalypse Is Enough.

My main problem with this show is simple: It's an apocalypse. With zombies. Seriously, it isn't made more interesting by the shallow self-inflicted drama the writers keep throwing in, and they seem to have a REALLY low opinion of women in general. In almost every episode, or at the very least in every detour the show takes over a few episodes, there's whole chunks of screen time given to utterly inane drama that is so irrelevant and unbelievable that I truly think most of these characters are too selfish, short-sighted and stupid to have survived as long as they have.

I spent more than half of Lori and Andrea's screen time yelling "Just kill her!" at my screen, and cheered in both instances when they died. The writers have made me hate half the surviving human beings altogether... if that was their intention then my hat is off to them, but I suspect it was not. In fact, according to this show, there's only one rule for surviving a zombie apocalypse: immediately kill all the women that the zombies haven't killed already. This will extend your lifespan immeasureably.

Solution: Add more emotional 'music video' scenes if your episode isn't filled with enough actual story to meet the time slot requirement. Just cut out the soap opera entirely!

Perfect example: 35 minutes into episode 13 of season 3. Both sides driving back to their respective camps after the big pow-wow between Rick and the Govenor, followed by each side's 'character revelation' as they discuss and plan their next moves. It's set to an amazing song (Fink - Warm Shadow) and it is very powerful. It carries the whole episode.

2. World's Worst Veterans.

The second, but arguably more valid issue with this show is the utterly (and I mean Completely! Totally! Utterly!) unbelievable way the characters can only fight as well as the short term plot requires for any given scene.

For example, when they first take the prison at 10 minutes into episode 1 season 3 , there are less than ten of them against anywhere from fifty to a hundred walkers, yet they clear the place in an afternoon. It is even remarked upon by the prisoners later... but after the outer fence is breached during the attack by Woodbury they are incapable of retaking the area despite having more people, more weapons and a safe base from which to operate.

Michonne can cut her way through 20 zombies in 30 seconds whenever it pleases her, yet she gets taken down by just three of them 12 minutes into episode 2 of season 4... all so we can have a little bit of drama with Carl having to use a gun again to save her. It's cheap theatrics, and it only makes the next awesome fight scene completely unbelievable. Throughout the show they keep getting taken down by their own ineptitude, only to be saved at last second in some dramatic fashion.

I've seen almost every one of the lead characters make a running headshot at 30 feet with a handgun, yet during the attack by Woodbury on the prison at 35 minutes into episode 10 of season 3, it takes something ridiculous like a hundred rounds from three people before someone manages to hit a stationery and silhouetted guy on top of the watchtower using scoped rifles and assault weapons!

In the scene that Rick and Carl defend the courtyard from the wave of walkers that come through the fence at 35 minutes into episode 5 of season 4, how many did the two of them kill? They had no more skill, experience or hardware then than they did at other times, yet whole groups of these expert killers have been chased down and almost beaten by tiny packs of walkers, supposedly leaving you breathless with the suspense of how close they live to the very edge of death. The only reason I am breathless is from vehemently cursing at the show's failure to suspend my disbelief.

Solution: Give the survivors some credibility by killing non essential characters when they make stupid mistakes or bad calls, but stop making us feel like the leads are only alive by chance and circumstance. They're a year or more into an apocalypse for heaven's sake!

3. See No Zombie, Hear No Zombie.

Finally, the extremely cheap suspense the writers try to eke out of having a zombie sneak up on, for example, Beth in the woods after the escape from the prison or Andrea in the woods heading for the prison after escaping Woodbury is so badly written it hurts my brain. Experienced hunters can sneak through woods. Ninjas can sneak through woods. Hell, I could probably sneak through woods if I was slow and patient. Zombies? No.

Zombies cannot sneak, they cannot even detect and avoid spikes, pits or ANYTHING at all between them and their next meal. Any human being that fails to detect a zombie coming at them through the woods until said zombie is close enough to grab at them needs to die immediately and horribly for being so very very bad at what HAS to be the easiest part of surviving an apocalypse: hearing a brain dead walking corpse staggering through noisy terrain in your direction while groaning and breathing heavily.

Solution: Raise the minimum IQ requirement of your target demographic by 15 points.

So, why do I watch this show? For one reason only... small gems of brilliance that speak to something primal inside of me, and leave me squarely and believably smack in the middle of the most terrifying future imaginable: a world gone to hell, hunted by an implacable enemy that will never stop, fighting for survival at every step with very little of anything but shock, horror and loss in between, but all the more precious when it is found.

If only those gems weren't quite so rare.

• It's not the Walking Dead, it's this show is almost dead.

Will someone do something to save what was once a great show. I understand the series is trying to "set up" to the reunion but its been so slow this season that I could come close to saying it has reached boring. But before I go there, let me acknowledge that each episode has had a twist and a few minutes making it redeemable. However, I pray they get back to the original shows where the entire hour was nail biting, hair pulling on the edge of your seat worth watching. Sorry Mika died, it would have been more intense if the struggle would have been shown and Mika ended up having to kill her sister but as it was it was worthy of the past seasons. I am sick of each of the parties dragging on and on, I am sick of hearing Maggie whine, Carol being so superior and sure of herself and most of all I am sick of not seeing Rick. Come on producers give us back our show and make the storyline what it used to be. We can not continue to admire and look forward to the show if you drag it out like this. .
  • cool

i love it
  • You would also choose a house instead of the woods, wouldn't you ;)

Dear film crew - location, location, location - we are all full now, of THAT road, THAT rail road track and THOSE woods. Human logic - no one would ever ever ever ever sleep in the open in the woods under the circumstances ! Didn't you learn that in s01 and s02, with your rediculous "tent fetish".

You have such a good premise with the show. Please give the characters - if nothing else - just an average human intelligence ;) and let them laugh once in a while (of their own tragic situation maybe)

You can do even better....
  • Worthless, overrated melodrama

I was so excited about this when I first heard about it, but from the first episode, I have been disappointed. The first couple of episodes at least had some promise, but by the end of the first season, I didn't expect much anymore; yet it still managed to get worse.

At this point, the show is a slow, tedious, boring, insipid, melodramatic, soap-operatic, hot, steaming, pile of... garbage.

Nothing ever happens on this show, most of the episodes have at least two or three scenes of people just sitting or standing around staring at the ground or at each other or off into space thinking or feeling. It's one thing to spend a couple of seconds to convey that a character is struggling with emotions and despair and the like, but this stupid show spends 5-10 MINUTES doing this at least a couple of times per episode! In one episode, the show started with a five-minute long clip of Rick just driving down a long, empty road by himself, just staring off, with close-ups of his face for most of it. What the hell is that garbage? That is a useless waste of time. We don't need to waste five minutes of our lives to get that Rick has been through hardship. Idiots! In another episode, the show started with a five-minute clip of some new guy just walking around aimlessly, staring at the ground while some crappy music played in the background. Who cares There have been plenty of other similar wastes of time like when a bunch of people are sitting around and say two or three lines of dialog in a 10-minute scene, while the rest is just empty silence. Don't the show-makers understand that there is so much else on television and in life these days that viewers can't afford to waste time sitting around watching boring nothing happening? Garbage like this show may be entertainment in a zombie-apocalypse, but until then, we have countless better things to spend our limited, precious time on.

No, the action sequences are *not* interesting or exciting. I maintain that nothing ever happens on the show. Once in a while they may shoot a few guns or some garbage, but that doesn't mean anything.

Whenever someone does actually say something, it's usually some pathetic and infinitely redundant and repetitive expression of their grief and frustration. This show is not a zombie/horror show, it is a stupid soap-opera melodrama.

In addition, the way they go so far out of their way to avoid using the word "zombie" is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen on television (including the likes of "Jersey Shore"). Why the hell do they do that? Do the show-makers think that gives the show an air of authenticity? If so, then they are reinforcing the proof of their ignorant ineptitude because if a zombie apocalypse were ever to break out in real-life, people would *immediately* start using the term zombie because that is *exactly what they friggin' are*. Nobody would make up stupid terms like "walkers"; well, nobody who doesn't want to try to sound "cool" but in reality is just being a loser douche-bag poser *trying* to sound cool. God help us if these idiots decide to make a vampire show; they characters would run (or more likely, very, slowly walk) around calling them "suckers". :roll:

The only thing worse than a crappy show is a crappy show that *thinks* it's good because then it has no plans of improving because it thinks there is no problem. All the idiots who rave about this as though it isn't garbage are only helping to ensure that it stays garbage.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10