The Walking Dead

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMC Premiered Oct 31, 2010 Between Seasons

AJMeredith

The Walking Dead Fan Reviews (429)

• Worthless, overrated melodrama

0.0
    I was so excited about this when I first heard about it, but from the first episode, I have been disappointed. The first couple of episodes at least had some promise, but by the end of the first season, I didn't expect much anymore; yet it still managed to get worse.

At this point, the show is a slow, tedious, boring, insipid, melodramatic, soap-operatic, hot, steaming, pile of... garbage.

Nothing ever happens on this show, most of the episodes have at least two or three scenes of people just sitting or standing around staring at the ground or at each other or off into space thinking or feeling. It's one thing to spend a couple of seconds to convey that a character is struggling with emotions and despair and the like, but this stupid show spends 5-10 MINUTES doing this at least a couple of times per episode! In one episode, the show started with a five-minute long clip of Rick just driving down a long, empty road by himself, just staring off, with close-ups of his face for most of it. What the hell is that garbage? That is a useless waste of time. We don't need to waste five minutes of our lives to get that Rick has been through hardship. Idiots! In another episode, the show started with a five-minute clip of some new guy just walking around aimlessly, staring at the ground while some crappy music played in the background. Who cares There have been plenty of other similar wastes of time like when a bunch of people are sitting around and say two or three lines of dialog in a 10-minute scene, while the rest is just empty silence. Don't the show-makers understand that there is so much else on television and in life these days that viewers can't afford to waste time sitting around watching boring nothing happening? Garbage like this show may be entertainment in a zombie-apocalypse, but until then, we have countless better things to spend our limited, precious time on.

No, the action sequences are *not* interesting or exciting. I maintain that nothing ever happens on the show. Once in a while they may shoot a few guns or some garbage, but that doesn't mean anything.

Whenever someone does actually say something, it's usually some pathetic and infinitely redundant and repetitive expression of their grief and frustration. This show is not a zombie/horror show, it is a stupid soap-opera melodrama.

In addition, the way they go so far out of their way to avoid using the word "zombie" is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen on television (including the likes of "Jersey Shore"). Why the hell do they do that? Do the show-makers think that gives the show an air of authenticity? If so, then they are reinforcing the proof of their ignorant ineptitude because if a zombie apocalypse were ever to break out in real-life, people would *immediately* start using the term zombie because that is *exactly what they friggin' are*. Nobody would make up stupid terms like "walkers"; well, nobody who doesn't want to try to sound "cool" but in reality is just being a loser douche-bag poser *trying* to sound cool. God help us if these idiots decide to make a vampire show; they characters would run (or more likely, very, slowly walk) around calling them "suckers". :roll:

The only thing worse than a crappy show is a crappy show that *thinks* it's good because then it has no plans of improving because it thinks there is no problem. All the idiots who rave about this as though it isn't garbage are only helping to ensure that it stays garbage.

• Really?

0.5
    Is it that we are trying to get ready for aliens that there are so many weird shows on now? Oh, I see, it comes from a comic...
  • the walking boring

What happen to the writers they spend all season working up to about a half hour of action. I am serious the whole season is a build up of next season the finale had a half hour of a story in it. Then next year they will start with a half hour of action and build up to next season. I forgot there was even zombies in this show I mean these writers are the laziest bunch of loser's. You could have the undead shooting or actually have a fight scene that does not have to take two seasons to see it I am out I can't watch it anymore it has turned into a chick flick.
  • Review title in one word: Yuk

Robert Kirkman, or whoever runs the show, has already shown contempt for the audience by killing off Glen and Abraham. Now we have a storyline that just drags on and on with less than compelling characters. If I have to listen to one more of Keegan's monologues, I'm going to throw up. I have had it with this show.
  • !!What a Joke!!

This show has went from genius to p?. What a joke. Negan is almost as scary as Fozzy Bear, but only half as well spoken. Fozzy's red bow tie is far more fearsome and daunting than Negan's goofy red ascot, it has polka dots!! Where's the back story to show how this goofy loquacious pretty boy gained mindless unwavering servitude over untold numbers of minions? Currently his hips are wider than his shoulders, not a particularly formidable physique for a ruthless bloodthirsty dictator. Why not have him hit the gym and put on some mass? Have him ripped in a

T-shirt once in a while and skid the thick leather coat he consistently dons. Ben Matlock had a more varied wardrobe. And what about Rick? Could we find a doctor, and possibly perform an X-ray to see if we can't find some ghostly outline of where his balls used to exist? Instead of going for broke with his back against the wall like he did time and time again he cowers and says "I'll kill you, maybe not today but someday"? Wow! How limp is that? I tell you if that was one of my boys he was threatening to kill I'd have shoved both my thumbs through his eyes and bit his nose off!! But he sits there like an impotent welp and says that goofy line? Wow, so scary. But for King Dread Locks they'd both be dead. Never a good plot twist to have the "Hero" saved by shithouse luck! And Negan rides off into the sunset, signaling yet another boring season filled with buff and fodder episodes supposedly to endear us to new characters, but in reality just utilizing the lesser paid help. And the highlight episodes have Negan!?!? Not at all appetizing for my palette. Boo hiss hiss, what a joke. That's 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Actually if you remove the commercials, the goofy trail of the walking dead mid show spin off or whatever it is and the shameless overdone plugs fir the talking dead and the boring verbose banter that pollutes any semblance of real content, there's maybe 20 minutes of something almost worth watching. Barf.
  • Walking Away!

Good Lord. WHY would you do this to such a great show? I have been a fan from the beginning of this show. There hasn't ever been anything like it on TV. Every week I looked forward to watching it too see what would happen next. The story lines were awesome. I loved this show but I don't know what happened- the potential is still there but the story just fell off the edge of the planet. Season seven will surely be the downfall of this show. There has been none of the drama that made this show so good in the beginning. Season 7's story so far could have been condensed into two episodes (Maybe 12 if they keep running the current amount of commercials) and still been just as far along. I fear the end of this season is going to end with an un-climactic lead-up a fight that should have been over by episode 8. I don't think I will be watching..... Too bad- Goodbye.
  • Rubbish!

Forget about the aeroplane, did no one else notice the 1950s backdrop in the background! Absolutely shocking effects considering how AMAZING the rest of the program is! Even my dads dodgy eyes noticed it!

Not impressed!
  • A clever title goes here!

First fuck you for seasons 7 premiere

and YOU MOFO Hatenthsmess43 PUT SPOILER TAGS WHEN YOU WRITE SOMETHING!!
  • Ohhhhhh, How I Hate This Show Now!!!!!!!!

I had heard sooooooo much talk about The Walking I took a look. And in the beginning, it was a really good show. But as soon as u introduced the character, Negan & his "saviors", the show went straight into the toilet!!!!!!!!! I truly Despise this entire show now. And I watched up until the 8th episode of the 7th season but Trust & Believe, I won't be watching Anymore!!!!!!!! I don't understand how the writers of this show, wud let a storyline, like this, even come to be. Daryl Dixon was my favorite character in this show, I will truly miss seeing him but, Shame on U, 4 this natrocity, u call a show now......
  • A fan no longer...

I used to love this show but that has now changed thanks to the sick writing and completely unnecessarily violent first episode.

Not entertaining and not enjoyable to watch, you've ruined it for me. Thanks for turning this from a mainstream popular TV show for escapism to what a disturbed sicko would enjoy. I feel sorry for the actors who have put in such hard work in the past and have had to participate in this recent season.
  • BS on walking dead

Wtf! This crap is pissing me off! I don't know why the writers are making this show living ppl killing other living ppl! Its so stupid we have enough of real life killings everyday. I dont know about u but i like a little more walking dead in my walking dead please! Lets get back to the basics I've had enough of this story line.
  • TWD is getting worse

I think that the 2nd to last episode of the walking dead season 6 was the last good episode ever since Negan was introduced.

He absolutely ruined the show for me and my family and if I could choose who kills Negan it would be Sasha and Maggie because Negan has ruined both of their lives.

To top it all off Negan has killed 2 of the many good characters being both Glenn (My Favorite) and Abraham

So if anyone who works for the Walking dead is reading this please kill off Negan by the end of the season or have season 7 stupidly be a dream.

Btw producers if you are really reading this change stuff that is in one whole episode turn it into one scene because this is really getting to be ridiculous.

Even my grandmother was a big fan she looked forward to her sunday nights of walking dead killing off 2 of the many great acters which they could've killed off rosita and eugene instead of Glenn and Abraham bringing Negan into the show she said that she lost hope, interest, and even stopped watching the show. She would like to know what the writers were drinking because they really messed up and this show went from a thumbs up to a thumbs down.

We want Glenn and Abraham

back make it all a dream.
  • TWD is becoming a true bore

This show is now being milked for all it's worth.

What used to take a few minutes to develop a character or scenario has become an entire episode or even multiple episodes or possibly an entire season. Did we really need an entire episode showing Carol whine and mope her way while staying with the Tiger-dreadlock-guy? Or Rick being driven around by Negan to 'break his spirit' (esp after watching 2 of is people have their heads bashed to pieces)? Or the last episode 'swear' watching a colony of women who kill everyone - but couldn't hit the side of barn with their guns - miraculously let Tara live and invite her to dinner?

Really? Are the writers hoping to have an episode about every thought or emotion a character has? All we're missing now is a "surreal" episode where we find out at the end of it that the entire episode was someone's dream. TWD is right on the cusp of jumping the shark.

Come on - no one tunes in for this.

I recently read that TV ratings have dropped up to 20% and they were blaming the rise of online streaming, etc. Garbage! Poor script writing (like TWD) in an effort to milk viewers is the main reason. Same thing happened with 'Fear the walking dead'.

My household is giving this show 1 more episode. If it stinks as bad as the first 6 episodes of season 7, we're out. Plenty else on TV without having to waste my Sunday night watching this drivel.
  • TWD is over for me, Any suggestion for a replacement?

TWD became very slow, boring and extremely commercial. they basically take one event which can be done in one scene and extend it left and right till it makes a full episode! for example, the episode where Negan came to Nick's community- the entire episode was about that particular event!!!! it was so dumb and time consuming! like what was the purpose behind it but commercial gaining!? that event could be done in a couple of scenes!

the three last episodes could be shot together with a mixed scenes! why would you bore audience with the way they did it.

that show is over for me.... authors are penniless and have nothing creative to add. I believe they ran out of ideas.
  • "Really"

Lmfao , must be coming to a end ! Someone needs to stick that Bat upside the writers head . Show sucks now. I'd rather watch Martha Stewart (LMFAO) not.
  • disappointed

I have watched this since the beginning, but it's over for me and I'm sad. Though I know it's not the kind of show that has a happy ever after ending, at least we had our group of beloved heroes that fought back and won. It's all gone now. If the rest of this show is about having another person come in a manipulate and dehumanize our heroes, then where's the story that keeps our interest. It's gone.

• This Is Sad!

Guys, This is awful. They need to get Negan out of this show. He has made punks out of everyone. The story line is not believable and shows that the writers have no idea what it's viewing audience likes. This is too much. The killing is over the top. Rick has been reduced to making pallets on the floor. If it doesn't change in the next 2 weeks, I am out!
  • All Done!

I'm not watching this anymore and I've watched it from day one. In reality I'd kill Negan and the red headed guy that took Daryls motorcycle (and all of them). Its not even any fun to watch anymore, cancel it if they don't execute Negan and all of them cause I won't be watching it or Talking Dead. Those actors better hope there aren't nut cases out there that take this stuff kinda for real because if it was I'd give my life just to kill Negan and the red headed guy. Goodby until I find out Negan and all of them are dead.
  • The Walking dead is going down.

The stupidity is getting frustrating. There isn't even a good story anymore. Come on - a guy with a baseball bat is controlling ALL those people? It's just depressing and stupid now. Where did the writers go? There isn't even any action. I , like so many others, have just stopped watching.
  • No more for me

I signed up for the first time in my life to TV dot COM just to leave this comment and express my disgust after S07E01. What happened in the writers head? No doubt you are a bunch of sociopaths now. Way too much violence, and I am not easily scared. I have been watching this show since day one. I liked the idea of humans getting in survival mode against an ocean of zombies, but I cannot take a human having a ball bashing other people's brain in like golf balls. And the worst part of it is that you could feel throughout this episode that the writers enjoyed it. Well I didn't, and as a fan, I am your money. Woops, actually no. Not anymore. That was the case until this episode reached the threshold of being more gory and violent than most horror movies.

So, to the TWD staff and the people that allowed this violence, looks like you are screwed now, considering that I don't seem to be the only one here being appalled. You are no longer standing on the edge of a cliff, the next audience numbers will show that you are now free falling in the air and about to crash in a million pieces, along with your reputation. I am officially done with this show.
  • Isis? Pretty close!

Here we are fighting back terrorists IN REAL LIFE who beat, stone, quarter, mutilate and burn people alive. By creating and watching this crap and calling it "entertainment" we are sinking to a new low ourselves.

Been here since beginning, and now bowing out.

• no longer a fan

this was too much, to kill characters that were integral part of survival was just wrong. Supposed to be surviving zombies not humans going more to hell. Have watched since beginning but with that season 7 premiere episode I am done. Not even Daryl gets to keep his machismo, even he has been emasculated. Writers should be fired.
  • This story line sucks - the living dumbass

Sorry for the suck TV - I have been watching since the the show.

Not any more - due to story line stupidity. - Writers on crack? Deadheads from the 1970?

It was the walking dead - now it's the waste of your time.

The living stupid - or the inner city news for any Saturday day in the life in Mogadishu:

Lame - warriors movie clip from 1979 was better than this episode.

Thanks for nothing. - Hope the zombies win and kill everyone - at least they will all live together in peace roaming around moaning and never biodegrading year after year..

• Hope everyone follows through

I hope everyone who says they're not watching anymore follows through with it. This kind of audience manipulation should not be rewarded. I've been watching this show since its debut, and never thought about leaving until the fourth or fifth season. There were times I wondered why i was still watching, but I kept hoping it would get better. The writing continued to suffer, with the episodes written by Gimple being the worst ones. Then there was that absolutely ridiculous stunt with Glenn *maybe* dying, and a three week wait to find out. That was almost the end, but I figured let me stick around for season six and see if they learned their lesson. There were a lot of good episodes in season six, but then they pulled another stunt with that cliffhanger. I tuned in the premier just to see what would happen and I guess Gimple's idea of "we are going to make it up to you all" was that we all just wanted to see a sadistic cartoon villain bash some brains in, and try to make Rick cut his kid's hand off? Maybe in the hands of a better writer, the episode could have redeemed itself somehow, but I'm not sure how. The last ten minutes were pure melodrama. These actors deserve better. The show seems outright hostile to its viewers now. Kirkman said he wanted to break the audience too. Sorry, guys, I don't watch television to break me. I watch it to be entertained. I can deal with gore and abuse if I have faith that the writers know what they're doing. You guys are just playing with dramatic devices you don't understand. And you have some gall comparing yourself to Game of Thrones. I'm done. 100% out. Removed from the DVR Sunday night - both Walking Dead and Talking Dead. I will keep watching Fear the Walking Dead however, as that show was much better this year than last.
  • SO LONG Walking Dead

I have been a fan of the show since episode 1. I refused to watch anyone of our beloved character get brutally murdered. Then the spoiler alert indicated the fans would be mad and Disappointed. After reading about who the characters were , I was glad I didn't watch. Unfortunately I have decided to stop watching the show because it's to brutal. Humans against zombies is a war in itself to find some sense of normalcy, but humans against humans has taken a dark side.

O

• Glenn ain't walkin

TWD has now turned into a shock and gore bloody serial killer's fan club TV show. The writers are pretty F'd up sick bunch and should be sent to do a couple of tours in Afghanistan. You guys just killed the show too bad.
  • Not too good.

My wife and I been watching the walking dead since the beginning, we actually where purchasing the season on Amazon, but after watching season 7 we are done, one thing was the zombies now it just got gross, goodby walking dead.. the show just turned into a zombie and before long it will be finished!!
  • You do not know your fans!

I have been a fan since the first episode, and I watch many episodes more than once;however, after last night i will not watch again. i am soooooooo disgusted and repulsed by the revolting way you killed off your characters. We have accepted losses in the past, but this was too much. Fans watch the show because of the characters. You should redo this episode, and apologize to fans. You really should not have put something so revolting on television. I STILL CAN NOT BELIEVE WHAT I SAW. Apparently, AMC and the producers have absolutely no social conscience or good judgment.
  • SHAME

To the writers of Season7 episode 1

Have watched your show since episode 1/1

and now no more. It's funny I thought the television industry was run by rating numbers and yes you guys have just committed suicide. How can you lead us on such a long and devoted road only to throw this rubbish at us. Good bye forever SHAME SHAME SHAME
  • HORRIBLE

I have been a avid follower of this show. Pay for every episode on amazon prime. I will NEVER watch this show again. I will never pay a dime towards this show. It's one thing to kill zombies it's another to watch this crap!! People killing people so gruesomely. What was the point of episode one of season 7?!?!?!? What was the point!?!?!? Whoever wrote this is a sociopath. Kids can turn on this crap and watch it. Shame on you.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10