The Walking Dead

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMC Premiered Oct 31, 2010 In Season

The Walking Dead Fan Reviews (451)

• a waist of potential

This show had so much potential for interesting relationships and plot lines, I kept waiting for it to get better and it never did. I almost stopped watching a few times, but I really stopped after Glenn was killed. It is completely disturbing to me that so many people are watching this sadistic shit and think it's entertaining. I feel traumatized and wish I could unwatch the whole stupid thing.
  • I must have been bitten

I don,t know why bit I don,t really care whats going on anymore I find myself much like Carl slowly Dying and I can,t stop it from happening Even the Talking Dead is no longer interesting I know its just a show but

it was a part of my life I made sure it had a hour of my time every Sunday night. I hope you can save the show but I don,t know how its possible . I also want to know If these walking dead are really dead why aren,t they falling apart and rotting once you die you start to decay it takes time but you eventually turn to dust Why aren,t they doing this The dead should be almost completely gone by now with only the recently deceased walking around
  • End this show

I used to be such a fan of this show but they just drag story lines out and give full episodes to characters no one cares about. I actually hate this show now
  • I'm done...

My husband makes fun of me because of how much I love TWD. I am a huge fan of the show. I can't even watch it anymore. Just thinking about it makes me want to vomit. I never thought I would say it but, that's it, I'm done... I am breaking up with my favorite TV show.
  • So stupid

Carl was the future of this show and killing him was inexcusable. His death was meaningless and pointless, and I say this after reading all the reasons he was written out of the show.

When the sound of him shooting himself happened I changed the channel.

I'm done with this show.
  • Dammit

Kill carl ir make bim bit... And see what rick does bext or make rick a bitten and see what happens with carl... Or what i font get is how morgan can stab with a mob stick lmao
  • Change to be "A Dead End"

It is a telenovela, much of the duration of a moment and the conversation that is not important. The duration is the episode, epsiode is money. The duration is rubbish from a dead end.
  • Killing Carl killed the show

So TWD is losing ratings. I witnessed my friends lose interest and stop watching. But despite the current poor writing and ridiculous plot lines I remained dedicated to the show. So what do the writers/producers do to increase ratings: throw in a shocker to get everyone talking. Well everyone's talking alright, about quitting the show for good!!! TWD needs to get back to the root of what made this show great. And that was the character development. We cared about these people and wanted them to survive, especially the core group. No matter what some people may say anyone with an ounce of heart watches the show because it's about the liiving and survival and the good guys NEED to survive. So to kill a character we cared about the most is just killing the show period. The reason I stopped watching Fear TWD is because I never liked the characters. Well there's not much to like or care about anymore on TWD!!!
  • The Bull*** Dead

Seriously? The person that was supposedly the one who claimed it was "HIS" show? Wow. then go kill him off nice. I'm sure every FAN agree's that death will make ratings drop. Why not recast him on a time jump? Better have a good death for carl however he's put down, great job gimple by firing chandler Riggs nimwad.
  • the walking boring

What happen to the writers they spend all season working up to about a half hour of action. I am serious the whole season is a build up of next season the finale had a half hour of a story in it. Then next year they will start with a half hour of action and build up to next season. I forgot there was even zombies in this show I mean these writers are the laziest bunch of loser's. You could have the undead shooting or actually have a fight scene that does not have to take two seasons to see it I am out I can't watch it anymore it has turned into a chick flick. Here it is Dec 11th remember when this show use to be good lazy writing has turned the cast into wimps and morons wow it is STUPID. Season 8 E8 some how Negan and them get out and take over three areas one they stop a dozen vehicles without no one shooting WTF ? These people would never have survived they cry and give up according to the writers. The get surrounded but never actually look to see if they are surrounded instead run away. Then the kingdom again not one shot gets taken over even though they out number them ten to 1 ? Of course there is plenty of time for self pity parties yup this is officially a chick flick now. Negan is the only character left besides Daryl with any guts the rest of them follow a woman and a teenager yeah Zombies they are more believable than that. Speaking of Zombies this show stopped being about them long ago they might as well call this the night time soap opera for women and wimps. My god you thought this show would go out big but the writers destroyed it first the plot is slow and boring and if something does happen like Negan coming back they don't even show it. Yeah why would anyone watching a . show about Zombies want to see action and fighting zombies when you can have your brave characters sit there and act like cowards. Michonne went from a badass to someone afraid to fight and taking orders from the little boy she is suppose to be protecting. I can not write everything wrong with this show now it would take to long. The only thing i can say is i will not watch it anymore the destroyed the show i liked and i don't want to see how worse it gets before they cancel it.
  • Carls been biten

I have always been a huge fan of the show, I always watch every marathon of the show they have from season one to now everytime, but I was reading that the show has lost fans and now they've just lost another one. I don't know how the writers or producers think that people are just going to continue watching no matter who they kill off. I have never watched the show for the zombies, my interest in the show was the survivors. I mean I was upset with killing off some of the characters, but I'm sorry they have just ruined the whole show for me.
  • Let's move this along

I was a huge fan of this show and have read all the comics but the last season is just about all I can take. The plot is moving at a snail's pace with plot advancement slower than a daytime soap. Could probably only watch the season premiere, fall finale and season finale and not miss anything substantial. Seriously considering saying goodbye to the show.
  • S8 so poorly written.

Since season 2, every season of The Walking Dead has had episodes that have annoyed me. Season 8 is the first time where EVERY episode (so far) has left me pissed off.

This is supposed to be a war. The type of warfare that we as a nation are all too familiar with. Depending on how in-tune the writers were with this fact would determine if season 8 would be epic or a shit pile.

Sadly, the production choose to pattern its scripts and action from 1940's serials and the A Team.

So shit pile it is.

Just some of the problems include:

1. No grasp of warfare, weapons, logistics or limitations. True, Hollywood has always overplayed these things for dramatic effect. The Walking Dead takes to the level of SNL films or National Lampoon.

2. Characters asked to do stupid things to such a point that you would hope the actors would at least complain about it before shooting the scene. Carol not being allowed to shoot the saviors underneath the truck and Rick's idiotic Indiana Jones stunt from his jeep to the truck just to name a couple. Not to mention Rick's jeep should have been shredded car parts after facing a 50 caliber.

3. Lame ass speeches. "No matter what happens, we have already won!" REALLY? That's what the T-Ball coach said after handing out participation trophies.

4. Killed the tiger but left Ezekiel alive. This dude is the Jar Jar Binks of the Walking Dead!!

5. Moral dilemmas and taking prisoners. Are you kidding me? Have you forgotten you are limping into this battle as the underdog? Somebody shoot Jesus and let Morgan do his job!

6. The only time zombies are effective is when the characters are instructed to forget how they work.

7. Ammunition for EVERYBODY! YOU GET AMMO! and YOU GET AMMO! We ALL GET AMMO!!! Good thing there is nothing drastic going on like the Zombie Apocalypse.

Now I am reading that Morgan (Lennie James) is being released and sent down to the minor league. Sure! Why not? It's not like you have killed off all of your great characters or anything like that.

Z-Nation might be a bit stupid but you have to give it props for being far more creative and true to the genre.
  • They are really milking Season 8

I agree with OBXconsumer. They really nailed the reasons the show is failing. The brutal killing of Glenn was just too much. They killed the tiger, why? I loved this show before season 7, now it is getting boring. Takes to long for something to happen.

I bet they don't let Rick kill Negan in the mid season final episode, they will make us wait. Just to make sure the rest of the season gets watched.

This show was real good before now i watch it forwarding the scenes because conversations are EMPTY and PREDICTABLE... Long story short, I watched the last episode, took 15 mins and Im sure I didnt miss anything...
  • Finally...

delusional idiot (the king) wakes up!! (But) Only after he gets his group annihilated by the 50 cal. machine gun!! His group was too small to be on their own anyway trying to fight. Cocky mutha@#$%
  • 5 reasons why show is failing

1. Went to following the comic book too closely - and comic books are irritating.

2. They killed Glenn and the scene was overly graphic, disturbing, and totally not necessary.

3. They killed the Tiger - really?? A-holes.

4. There are many smart people in the world, even geniuses, but none seem to have survived the apocalypse.

5. Rick should have shot Negan in the head instead of chit-chatting - too much chit-chat.
  • WTF ???

I used to love this show. Now there isn't 15 minutes that goes by without a huge speech from one of the cast. its like watching the speech scene on Braveheart. BORING. The slow-motion close-ups are also killing the show. I thought season 7 was bad but if this is where the show is going then maybe its time to say god buy to the walking dead and pull it from the air. This season reminds me of a bad film school student's first film with all the speeches and close-ups and no apparent direction to the show.
  • nonee

why kill the tiger? did it had to/2 die? plus the gun play is kool
  • Season 8 - Decline

I WAS a huge fan of this show. Season 7 was insanely boring and Season 8 has been a huge disappointment. The story has great potential, but it reminds me of something shot by a film student with no budget. The story shows us who's dead, then flash back to the battle, then back to the beginning and heroic speeches, then back to the end. There's little suspense and the action is ruined by the knowledge of what they've already shown us. It reminds me of a poorly shot trailer. Seriously, what are they doing to this show? Did they spend all their money on the Tiger scene. I'd prefer if they took a break for six months and re-edited the entire season. Do Over.
  • Unrealistic Use of Auto Weapons

The latest events of "All out war" displays an extensive use of automatic weapons of high caliber (7.62 mm, 5.56 mm, etc),with hundreds of rounds being shot at cars, people, and "armor" consisting of roofing metal. In reality all these. Would look like Swiss cheese white any of these shots.

Suggest the special effects "experts" take a car and roof meta panel to,a range and file a few real rounds at them to see what is real.
  • Jeffrey Dean Morgan

Jeffrey Dean Morgan blew it for me. He needs to stay out of politics and stick to acting. "He's not that great of an actor anyway". The show and storylines are going downhill as is.
  • "The Day Will Come When You Won't Be"

SEASON 8: OCTOBER 22, 2017

Okay, so people seem to be hating a lot on this show. TBH it's my favourite show ever, I've got posters & shirts that are twd. It's also based off the comic books, so you can't say "there's no story to it" cause the things that happen are happening for a reason.

I never get emotional with television shows, for some reason the walking dead always has me in tears of happiness or sadness, or there are scenes that have memories that make me cry. I like the emotion that the show gives out, cause you get more hooked to the show. Now although there are a lot of deaths, they're all emotional. I have never seen any show with such emotional deaths. Even though it sucks when people die, it just makes you more drawn to a show. You also always think and worry about someone dying, which also captures your attention. People need to stop hating on the show, I love it so much. Shoutout to my baby Chandler Riggs (Carl Grimes) love you Also stop hating on his hair, he likes it and that's all that matters, how would you like it if people hated on your hair.

Also, you can really see the big difference in the characters and the show itself from season 1 to season 7. People need to stop dissing the show who haven't watched it all yet because honestly I thought it got better every season. Season 7 is a very emotionally filled season especially because ***SPOILER***

We do lose some main characters. I was a big Glenn fan and insta totally spoiled what happens to him before I got to that part. How can you diss a show with such great acting and emotion like in that episode (s 7 ep 1)? Keep your negativity to yourself, cause it honestly makes us fans sad when you diss the show. Thank you :))
  • Holding Out

I've been a fan since the beginning but this Negan character had ruined not only Team Rick but my suspension of reality to watch it. Every show has it's not-so-great moments but this one has lasted longer than a season. I was so angry and heartbroken over the senseless death of Glenn and Abraham but held out. After the next couple of episodes, I had to stop watching it. I knew Team Rick would come back eventually but the meantime period was just torture. I missed half the season because I just couldn't stomach Negan. It's gone on too long for my taste.
  • Clever, violent and fantastic show!

This show is, although gruesome, full of great characters, an epic storyline and twisty and turny twists! I love the clever shooting and how the actors portray there roles. Action-packed, yet still has room for improvement and such.
  • Review title in one word: Yuk

Robert Kirkman, or whoever runs the show, has already shown contempt for the audience by killing off Glen and Abraham. Now we have a storyline that just drags on and on with less than compelling characters. If I have to listen to one more of Keegan's monologues, I'm going to throw up. I have had it with this show.
  • !!What a Joke!!

This show has went from genius to p?. What a joke. Negan is almost as scary as Fozzy Bear, but only half as well spoken. Fozzy's red bow tie is far more fearsome and daunting than Negan's goofy red ascot, it has polka dots!! Where's the back story to show how this goofy loquacious pretty boy gained mindless unwavering servitude over untold numbers of minions? Currently his hips are wider than his shoulders, not a particularly formidable physique for a ruthless bloodthirsty dictator. Why not have him hit the gym and put on some mass? Have him ripped in a

T-shirt once in a while and skid the thick leather coat he consistently dons. Ben Matlock had a more varied wardrobe. And what about Rick? Could we find a doctor, and possibly perform an X-ray to see if we can't find some ghostly outline of where his balls used to exist? Instead of going for broke with his back against the wall like he did time and time again he cowers and says "I'll kill you, maybe not today but someday"? Wow! How limp is that? I tell you if that was one of my boys he was threatening to kill I'd have shoved both my thumbs through his eyes and bit his nose off!! But he sits there like an impotent welp and says that goofy line? Wow, so scary. But for King Dread Locks they'd both be dead. Never a good plot twist to have the "Hero" saved by shithouse luck! And Negan rides off into the sunset, signaling yet another boring season filled with buff and fodder episodes supposedly to endear us to new characters, but in reality just utilizing the lesser paid help. And the highlight episodes have Negan!?!? Not at all appetizing for my palette. Boo hiss hiss, what a joke. That's 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Actually if you remove the commercials, the goofy trail of the walking dead mid show spin off or whatever it is and the shameless overdone plugs fir the talking dead and the boring verbose banter that pollutes any semblance of real content, there's maybe 20 minutes of something almost worth watching. Barf.
  • Like it but....

A good show I won't lie has some good characters and some bad. Fun to watch but drags out way to much takes to long for things to happen glad they made fear the walking dead to show that they can still make a great show
  • Walking Away!

Good Lord. WHY would you do this to such a great show? I have been a fan from the beginning of this show. There hasn't ever been anything like it on TV. Every week I looked forward to watching it too see what would happen next. The story lines were awesome. I loved this show but I don't know what happened- the potential is still there but the story just fell off the edge of the planet. Season seven will surely be the downfall of this show. There has been none of the drama that made this show so good in the beginning. Season 7's story so far could have been condensed into two episodes (Maybe 12 if they keep running the current amount of commercials) and still been just as far along. I fear the end of this season is going to end with an un-climactic lead-up a fight that should have been over by episode 8. I don't think I will be watching..... Too bad- Goodbye.
  • This show!!!

This show, really sucks ASS!!! It got soft!!!!!
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10