The Walking Dead

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMC Premiered Oct 31, 2010 In Season

AJMeredith

The Walking Dead Fan Reviews (415)

• Grow Up it's an amazing show

I don't understand the hate. All shows change and grow. If you don't like it, don't watch it - no need to bitch about it. What's pathetic is the "this used to be my fav but now you've ruined it" crap. Get over it.
  • Oh my. Going from my favorite to oh how i hate it!

I cannot believe the sick and twisted story that this show has become. I could handle all the blood gore and killing. Hell the tragedy is why we watch right?. The reality that it could happen. Well this reality the writer has created is nothing that I want to be a part of. Not watch. Nor dream about. That season 7 episode 1 was the worst turn in the story line possible. What a tragedy . Used to be my favorite show now it's just pathetic and awful. Thanks for nothing @!
  • Ohhhhhh, How I Hate This Show Now!!!!!!!!

I had heard sooooooo much talk about The Walking I took a look. And in the beginning, it was a really good show. But as soon as u introduced the character, Negan & his "saviors", the show went straight into the toilet!!!!!!!!! I truly Despise this entire show now. And I watched up until the 8th episode of the 7th season but Trust & Believe, I won't be watching Anymore!!!!!!!! I don't understand how the writers of this show, wud let a storyline, like this, even come to be. Daryl Dixon was my favorite character in this show, I will truly miss seeing him but, Shame on U, 4 this natrocity, u call a show now......
  • A fan no longer...

I used to love this show but that has now changed thanks to the sick writing and completely unnecessarily violent first episode.

Not entertaining and not enjoyable to watch, you've ruined it for me. Thanks for turning this from a mainstream popular TV show for escapism to what a disturbed sicko would enjoy. I feel sorry for the actors who have put in such hard work in the past and have had to participate in this recent season.
  • You Should Walk To This Show

Never a boring show! Don't listen to the people who say that say it isn't.

• power2

seson 7 episodes 9 when he comes can you tell us a show
  • walking dead trash

the tv show now sucks with a crappy story line to boot. thank for making a good show turn into a crappy one. which is why there all on crack.
  • Season 7 The Walking Dead

That's pretty much what it is for season 7 is dead. By far the worst season that appears nothing interesting worse than the half season of the governer and how pointless that was but I am very disappointed an will not watch this show anymore if negan is still in it l.
  • BS on walking dead

Wtf! This crap is pissing me off! I don't know why the writers are making this show living ppl killing other living ppl! Its so stupid we have enough of real life killings everyday. I dont know about u but i like a little more walking dead in my walking dead please! Lets get back to the basics I've had enough of this story line.
  • Ooommmgggg!!!!!!!

I am so mad when carl kissed her it made me so mad because carl is so cute i really like carl but it made me mad when they kissed but it is a very good show i mean drama but it made me so mad.
  • TWD is getting worse

I think that the 2nd to last episode of the walking dead season 6 was the last good episode ever since Negan was introduced.

He absolutely ruined the show for me and my family and if I could choose who kills Negan it would be Sasha and Maggie because Negan has ruined both of their lives.

To top it all off Negan has killed 2 of the many good characters being both Glenn (My Favorite) and Abraham

So if anyone who works for the Walking dead is reading this please kill off Negan by the end of the season or have season 7 stupidly be a dream.

Btw producers if you are really reading this change stuff that is in one whole episode turn it into one scene because this is really getting to be ridiculous.

Even my grandmother was a big fan she looked forward to her sunday nights of walking dead killing off 2 of the many great acters which they could've killed off rosita and eugene instead of Glenn and Abraham bringing Negan into the show she said that she lost hope, interest, and even stopped watching the show. She would like to know what the writers were drinking because they really messed up and this show went from a thumbs up to a thumbs down.

We want Glenn and Abraham

back make it all a dream.
  • TWD is becoming a true bore

This show is now being milked for all it's worth.

What used to take a few minutes to develop a character or scenario has become an entire episode or even multiple episodes or possibly an entire season. Did we really need an entire episode showing Carol whine and mope her way while staying with the Tiger-dreadlock-guy? Or Rick being driven around by Negan to 'break his spirit' (esp after watching 2 of is people have their heads bashed to pieces)? Or the last episode 'swear' watching a colony of women who kill everyone - but couldn't hit the side of barn with their guns - miraculously let Tara live and invite her to dinner?

Really? Are the writers hoping to have an episode about every thought or emotion a character has? All we're missing now is a "surreal" episode where we find out at the end of it that the entire episode was someone's dream. TWD is right on the cusp of jumping the shark.

Come on - no one tunes in for this.

I recently read that TV ratings have dropped up to 20% and they were blaming the rise of online streaming, etc. Garbage! Poor script writing (like TWD) in an effort to milk viewers is the main reason. Same thing happened with 'Fear the walking dead'.

My household is giving this show 1 more episode. If it stinks as bad as the first 6 episodes of season 7, we're out. Plenty else on TV without having to waste my Sunday night watching this drivel.
  • TWD is over for me, Any suggestion for a replacement?

TWD became very slow, boring and extremely commercial. they basically take one event which can be done in one scene and extend it left and right till it makes a full episode! for example, the episode where Negan came to Nick's community- the entire episode was about that particular event!!!! it was so dumb and time consuming! like what was the purpose behind it but commercial gaining!? that event could be done in a couple of scenes!

the three last episodes could be shot together with a mixed scenes! why would you bore audience with the way they did it.

that show is over for me.... authors are penniless and have nothing creative to add. I believe they ran out of ideas.
  • Show is going downhill fast this season

Have been a fan since the beginning .... but this year is terrible..... get rid of Negan and crew..... I don't think Ill last thru this season if it doesn't get better...... sad .. it was a great show...
  • here is the problem with the ratings drop

5.5
    I have watched the show since the beginning as well. I think Neegan's character is superbly acted, despite the multiple cheesy lines he has to carry about Lucille the bat being hungry.

The drop off in ratings is because you can't have five episodes where the favorite characters are bludgeoned and beaten down and degraded without any sort of comeback or reprieve. That's 5 hours of watching people we like getting the bad end of the stick with no hope in sight. Not only do we lose hope along with the characters, we lose respect and interest for the people we've come to love. They have become one-dimensional. I don't want to tune in for a 6th hour to see more of the same, sorry.

And I don't want to watch an entire season and maybe another where Rick is scared and weak and Daryl is mute and screwed up until some light bulb moment drives them into action because the show isn't caught up to the comic book. And no, Maggie, in her suddenly flat stomach pregnancy who hasn't cried a tear over Glenn's death, getting ballsy with a steamroller truck is satisfying... or even believable.

We care about the main heroes we've come to root for and love, and mostly when they are in the nucleus of the core group we are interested in - the one that Rick leads. To keep people interested, you have to bring people back to that and give them moments of heroism and success within a season.. even if a few are killed off in the process.
  • "Really"

Lmfao , must be coming to a end ! Someone needs to stick that Bat upside the writers head . Show sucks now. I'd rather watch Martha Stewart (LMFAO) not.
  • disappointed

I have watched this since the beginning, but it's over for me and I'm sad. Though I know it's not the kind of show that has a happy ever after ending, at least we had our group of beloved heroes that fought back and won. It's all gone now. If the rest of this show is about having another person come in a manipulate and dehumanize our heroes, then where's the story that keeps our interest. It's gone.

• This Is Sad!

Guys, This is awful. They need to get Negan out of this show. He has made punks out of everyone. The story line is not believable and shows that the writers have no idea what it's viewing audience likes. This is too much. The killing is over the top. Rick has been reduced to making pallets on the floor. If it doesn't change in the next 2 weeks, I am out!
  • I hate Negan!

I was a dedicated fan of the show until Negan turned everyone into scared wimps. Can't the writers at least show us a somewhat positive episode every other week? I enjoyed learning about the Kingdom but now it's all about Negan again. He bullys Rick's group and leaves us with no hope for a better future in site. I don't know how much more I can take. I might stop watching this show until I hear that Negan will be gone!

NO HOPE, SUCKS!
  • All Done!

I'm not watching this anymore and I've watched it from day one. In reality I'd kill Negan and the red headed guy that took Daryls motorcycle (and all of them). Its not even any fun to watch anymore, cancel it if they don't execute Negan and all of them cause I won't be watching it or Talking Dead. Those actors better hope there aren't nut cases out there that take this stuff kinda for real because if it was I'd give my life just to kill Negan and the red headed guy. Goodby until I find out Negan and all of them are dead.
  • The Walking dead is going down.

The stupidity is getting frustrating. There isn't even a good story anymore. Come on - a guy with a baseball bat is controlling ALL those people? It's just depressing and stupid now. Where did the writers go? There isn't even any action. I , like so many others, have just stopped watching.
  • Absolutely appalling

I used to tell people that I watched this show, then I became embarrassed for people to know I was a viewer because it was so grossly overdone.

I truly believe people can, and do, become desensitized to things - especially language and violence. Our world has become so violent already. And what I believe is even worse - we have become accepting of this violence! Our entertainment should not be something that INCREASES our comfort with horrific things like this.

After the end of the last season, I stopped watching. FOEVER! I will not fill my head and heart with such things any longer.

I believe that what we put IN eventually comes OUT. I, for one, will no longer allow these things in. I hope and pray that more people boycott this show. It is not healthy for us as a society to encourage this type of entertainment.

I hope the writers of this show take a moment and think about how much they really are influencing others with this grossly graphic violence. I will no longer watch. I hope more and more people stop also.
  • Upsetting disappointed

Cinematography gone to crap Who's cutting the grass and all these clean roads with BS zombie guts in the middle ? Fat people feeding dog food to fat people, sorry but how many seasons of the zombie apocalypse and you still weigh 400lbs? I had to mute my TV just to try to finish watching this episode with that stupid song. We understand the storyline ! It's become painful to watch. Slow and boring. Huge fan from day one. Signed , extremely disappointed
  • No more for me

I signed up for the first time in my life to TV dot COM just to leave this comment and express my disgust after S07E01. What happened in the writers head? No doubt you are a bunch of sociopaths now. Way too much violence, and I am not easily scared. I have been watching this show since day one. I liked the idea of humans getting in survival mode against an ocean of zombies, but I cannot take a human having a ball bashing other people's brain in like golf balls. And the worst part of it is that you could feel throughout this episode that the writers enjoyed it. Well I didn't, and as a fan, I am your money. Woops, actually no. Not anymore. That was the case until this episode reached the threshold of being more gory and violent than most horror movies.

So, to the TWD staff and the people that allowed this violence, looks like you are screwed now, considering that I don't seem to be the only one here being appalled. You are no longer standing on the edge of a cliff, the next audience numbers will show that you are now free falling in the air and about to crash in a million pieces, along with your reputation. I am officially done with this show.
  • The Rebuttal

-So, I've read a lot of reviews on the Walking Dead season 6 finale and season 7 premire and they aren't pretty. I'm going to start by saying that all the viewers who have come out with these negative comments about the show were warned by even the title that The Walking Dead would not be a show about the Keebler elves and their adventures through cookieland. The show is not a feel-good comedy with light losses but an eventual happy ending, so stop judging it like that's what you expected. The show is a group of writers' take on the question "what would happen if the world were suddenly set on fire and only a small amount of the population survived?". And honestly, think about survivors of this kind of world aren't all going to be sweet kindergarden teachers with soft hearts. It'll mostly be the ones whose moral compass points a bit off north.

-Which reminds me to let all the people know, who are disgusted by Glenn's death, that in the comics (THE ORIGIN OF THIS WHOLE CONCEPT) Glenn dies at Negan's hand. Yes, it was tragic and horrible I will say. It was real though. All of our beloved characters can't live forever. The mere thought that the writers can only be allowed to kill off those that we as the viewers don't care much about is morbid. That is suggesting that nothing in the world matters one bit unless its happening to you or someone you love. Yes, I understand that it's a show and the writers could've made it go any direction they wanted by making things less bloody or given more meaning to the deaths. This is true, but would we really be any happier if Glenn had died saving someone? No, he would still be dead. Glenn was really an awesome character but my favorite person on the show died with an arrow through the eyeball and no one really commented on it. Further back my favorite was Beth and she died with no warning from a pointless bullet through the head. The point is that his death was just as pointless as everyone elses. Name one who died in a way that really made it worth the loss. I'll just let that issue rest.

**To the person who equated Negan's group to Isis and suggested that we are entertaining ourselves with a perverted version of real issues, just no. Isis is a terrible threat to our country and a nasty part of the world as a whole, but the two are not even remotely the same. Evil is evil and if you look hard enough it all looks like evil. You can find paralells from TV shows and movies to our lives if you look hard enough because the ones writing them have been shaped by this world and, well, what goes in will come out. I mean, Ursala, the villan from The Little Mermaid, gets people to SIGN AWAY THEIR SOULS to gain vain happiness. She's basically the Devil if you want to go there.

-So, back on the point. What would really happen if one fourth of the world survived; and of that fourth you have the good and "normal" people, the psychotic people, the serial killers, the power hungry, the raw survivors, and even the mentally ill. Then you take those people and rip them away from almost everyone they love and a world that has a governing system complete with law enforcement and military and you let them loose in a free-for-all nightmare to see who makes it. It's The Purge every day. People are going through things that would cause any one of us to lose it, big time. So, please don't tell me you thought they'd all get along and the good would always that's a fairy tale. As is the thought that they are all split into good and evil. They are all individually good and evil. Except maybe mostly just evil.

-The point is to show that while they are fighting the horrific dead, the living can be worse. What horrifies us is that there can be something nastier than the zombies who are tearing each other apart to eat living people. They are fighting worldwide downfall as well. This is a group of people who are literally all doomed from the start. Every. Single. Person. They will all die. Whether naturally or not. If you've followed the show at all then you know that even when a person dies a natural death they come back as a "walker" anyways. The people aren't destined to rebuild society. They are going to survive until they simply don't anymore. The world of The Walking Dead is dying a slow and painful death.

-So, is the show too much? Maybe. Or maybe it's the right amount of pure tradgedy it was always meant to be. Just think about what you're really talking about before you declare that the writers should be fired or that the whole thing is rubbish. No one lied to you about what this was. In the comics there is only one left standing at the end. I was under no impression that the show would be any different. Lastly, I want to say that I do not support the bashing in of people's heads with a baseball bat, nor am I in support of Isis, psychotic serial killers, or any kind of crime against another human being. I'm just saying, the show is what it is and I'm happy to listen to anyone who has a differing opinion.

*A last side note: The show is on at a time when people who want to watch it can. So if anyone doesn't want their children to watch it then they shouldn't let them. That can be controlled by the parent.

- Happy Watching, Everyone
  • Isis? Pretty close!

Here we are fighting back terrorists IN REAL LIFE who beat, stone, quarter, mutilate and burn people alive. By creating and watching this crap and calling it "entertainment" we are sinking to a new low ourselves.

Been here since beginning, and now bowing out.

• no longer a fan

this was too much, to kill characters that were integral part of survival was just wrong. Supposed to be surviving zombies not humans going more to hell. Have watched since beginning but with that season 7 premiere episode I am done. Not even Daryl gets to keep his machismo, even he has been emasculated. Writers should be fired.
  • yuck yuck yuck

Well this is it. I'm not watching walking dead any more. The wow factor they were trying to portray didn't work. It was more like the YUCK factor. I couldn't believe the hatred that was portrayed in the first episode. I cant believe all humans would resort to that behavior. So now its not about surviving amongst the walkers but its surviving the ugly violence of humans. No thanks.
  • Worst Episode Ever!

Well it finally happened. After six years of being a faithful fan of the show it only took ONE episode of Season 7 to get me to stop watching it forever. My wife and I were so stunned at the overly gratuitous violent tone of that episode that we only watched it for about the first 33 minutes when Negan was trying to get Rick to cut off his son's arm just to break him (I have since heard that it didn't come to that but I digress). Poor writing from a staff of immature, violent prone, crack using writing staff and a comically evil character who loves to hear himself talk (shame on Jeffrey Dean Morgan for even taking on this childish cartoon role) and then beat people to death with his phallic shaped extension of his penis (no doubt) did us in as fans. After pulling the "Glen died, or did he?" stunt from last year and now killing him in such a violent end (complete with bulging eyeball) did Glen such a disservice after six long years that apparently nothing is sacred anymore in that series. We all know that TWD is about violence, we get it, but now it's coming in the bucket loads. I guess if some blood is good then more and more blood is better. Sorry, I can handle violence but not on the scale TWD is (more than) willing to dish out. Hey, here's a future plot idea... how about if Maggie is dissected limb by limb to feed off a zombie attack until she is just a body without any legs or arms? It would sure make babysitting her easier in the future. How about have the first zombie-human sex scene! In an effort to bridge the gap between humans and zombies one of the women in the show agrees to have sex with a male zombie to produce a crossbreed that can both understand the zombie mindset and help the humans to cope with them better. I just thought I would throw out some ideas that the brain-dead writers might have missed. Anyway, we have deleted TWD and FTWD from our DVR and will no longer watch any more of this violent nonsense. Shows are supposed to be entertaining and NOT so dark and violent that they borderline on psychopathic bloodlust porn!

I have always loved the writing. However, I'm not always happy with the extremes they go to for ratings. I doubt if I will watch anymore because there doesn't seem to be a point to it. I don't mind the gore because zombies aren't real and I don't take it seriously, but I think with the death of Glenn, the show reached a new low and has clearly said good-bye to any moral compass they might have had. Slaughter just for the shock value or to prove they aren't afraid to push the envelope to any length is pointless. Perhaps next they will slaughter baby Judith in as horrific a way as they can imagine just to make sure we all know that nobody is going to survive the zombie apocalypse. Or perhaps they could invalidate all of it and have Rick wake up from a terrible nightmare. Anyway, buh-bye and, no, I won't let the door hit me in the butt.