The Walking Dead

Sunday 9:00 PM on AMC Premiered Oct 31, 2010 In Season

AJMeredith

The Walking Dead Fan Reviews (266)

• Missed Opportunity

Whilst I'll never stop watching TWD, unless it becomes unbearable and does an acrobatic jump across multiple sharks - this show's potential was killed by poor writing. Season one started TWD off incredibly with clever writing, intriguing characters and an epic scope. Since season 2, the show has sold out by reusing a tired formula year-in-year-out. The formula that we've seen so many times before includes the group being separated, threatened by a new "bad guys" group of survivors, and building up cheap tension over 7 episodes so that everyone tunes in for the "must see" mid-season/season finale where there's a big showdown... until it's repeated all over again. TWD has been brilliant in the past, with the likes of the first season, the Rick/Shane/Lory debacle, the governor and most recently the explosive season 5 premiere. However I feel the soul of the show has been lost. The "character development" of the last 2 seasons seems forced down our throats. TWD has tried to spend quality time zooming in on each member of the ensemble cast at the expensive of spending enough time with any one character. I miss genuine moments with our favourite characters. I'm slowly losing hope in this show as it regurgitates very familiar story-lines and employs tired TV tactics from the likes of 24-style cheap action suspense and soap-opera-like pitiful character development. TWD needs a revival of it's heart and soul with fresh writing that respects the intelligence of it's viewers.
  • This Show is Not Walking Among the Dead

Walking Dead continues to get better and better, and is showing no signs of stopping. Season 5 has contained some of the best character developments, action, and shocking villains in the show's history. It continues to surprise and enter into new depths. Cannot wait for February!
  • Disappointing

The walking dead was one of my favorite shows for the first 2 seasons Then the 3rd season came along and it became a soap opera with the occasional zombie after that. Really disappointed that they stretched it out and made it boring and had every main character become annoying.
  • LULZ!!! beth died

My reaction when Beth died O_O

Reaction to everyone else on the show's reaction to Beth's death -_-

I seriously don't see why do many people are angry over Beth dying. First off, she bought baby scissors to a motherfucking gun fight. She could've just went with the group and let Noah be, but she had to be Miss Dumbass and attempt to kill Dawn with a pair of frickin scissors.

Second, Beth only became relevant to the show when she was with Darryl for that period of time when the group got split up.

Seriously she had been on the show since season 2, and didn't really get noticed until the last half of season 4. I never really cared for her character, and her death (although it did surprise the hell outta me) had no overall effect on me.

I'm just pissed that we've gotta wait till February to see more episodes.
  • why beth? why????

why "beth" need to die?!?!?! whyyyyyyyyyy?????!!
  • I really dont understand Walking Dead phenomen

Pretty good idea for the show, but plot is about running in circles and talking about feeling (of course there is also some gore). Character development? Maybe during season 1-3, but what about 4 and especially season 5? It's really silly and painfull to watch show. Plot twists? I think writes une Plot Twist Generator (via www)...

Game of Thrones is amazing, well-written, and I just can't wait for another season. Walking Dead? No thank you. Walking Dead games are far more interesting.
  • Questions Left Unanswered

I love The Walking Dead, but the Season 5 fall finale is so devastating that it got me thinking and asking. First, why don't people go to a place where it snows, or why hasn't it snowed in the show? Walkers are attracted to heat; therefore, they must be repulsed by cold. Well, if I'm a walker I will surely shun the snow. It'll make me brittle and shatter me into pieces. Second, will the good die first when apocalypse comes? Everyone, including the protagonists in the show, has his/her own agenda. It's an everybody-wants-to-rule-the-world thing. Instead of banding together, people make life harder than it already is. Last, are there no other survivors in other countries who can come to the aid of those stricken by the epidemic? But then again, if everything has a resolution, the show wouldn't last long, and I wouldn't want that.
  • A Major Missing Piece

I caught up with this series on Netflix and just finished season 3 and have a major concern: I'm a gulf/Iraq war military vet and so is my husband, some of the best soldiers on the field who has fought with me and my husband were Black men. This show does not have any. I don't like shows that do not show black men surviving; I mean not one single one. This is why for me it is NOT a show that I can get into because it is NOT my reality. All they had to do was add one Black male with strength and kept him in the series and it would have been the best series ever shown. So sad! Two of our closest friends that fought with us and Black pointed this out to me and my husbands yesterday at a party and they were right. I'm giving it a 2 now.
  • A Huge Daryl + Beth Fan Here!

Amazing! Amazing! Amazingly Series Ever Created!!!
  • Moving right along

I like the pace of this current series!
  • keep going

best zombie show ever
  • where are the animals?

After the episodes with the cannibals I started wondering what happened to all animals. Except rabbits and birds nothing seemed to survive. Or are they eaten by the zombies? Or would they attack them?
  • genial

mal wieder was fr zombis-freak,klar,jede serie hat hhen und tiefen,aber im grossen und ganzen,einfach hammer!!!!!!!
  • Social comment

For me show became a metaphor of growing up - in the beginning of your life every asshole (walker) seems to be a threat, by the time u grow up they r only dangerous in bunches... and u learn how to deal with them in ur own special way.

Imagine an episode where they come to Washington, have to go to the White House for some reason (I would even go there for no reason) and the whole heads of state, generals incl the president have turned - wouldnt that be a cool in-to-your-face episode? haha After they kill them off they could comment like: nothing changed :-)

Or they come to Hollywood and all the famous people we all know turned? or even better: they come to the filming set of TWD and confront their walker-actor-doppelganger :-) I know, it wont happen, but it would be soooo awesome :-)

Please, TWD producers, hire me as a screenplay writer :-)

I love the show. Period.
  • This season is off to a good start.

Thank goodness Rick has returned to being bad a**. I could not take his crazy phone calls, dreams & soft side any longer. These 2 episodes are better than the entire last season. I would want Carol on my side, she's saved them twice now. I'm over Glenn & Maggie, along with Beth.
  • A BONE TO PICK!

Okay - in the scene in S5-E2, with father Gabriel on top of the rock being tormented and grabbed at by a handful of walkers, did anyone else notice that the hands of the walkers were as smooth as a babies arse? They were pale in color but no rotting was evident! THE HANDS WERE THE FOCUS OF THE SCENE and no one noticed on set that the hands were not rotted, scarred, decayed, etc? COME ON!
  • Surprised

Great episode with one surprise. I can;t be the only one that thought Darryl was going to run over and hug his crossbow instead of Carol can I?
  • No Sanctuary

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! this was an awesome ending with Len looking for the group to rejoin Rick and the group and Ms Mc Bride that plays Carol she not playing taking number and kicking "butts. I "LOVE THIS PROGRAM worth the wait congratulation to the cast, crew and writers.

I
  • Nicely done AMC

What a premiere! This show has everything you want in a show!
  • HELL YEAH!!!

Wohoooo That was one hell of a premiere, one that fulfilled and met every expectation. Anger, Violence Revenge, Bats, Spears, Swords and Guns .. AHH its finally back people so brace yourselves and enjoy this ride.
  • Halloween With Rick Grimes

Going to enjoy this Halloween with Rick grimes jacket of season 5 .. The great walking dead from

• Zombie Stare

I'm ready for it to begin again with all the drama and zombie apocalypse.
  • ThE bEst ShOw

The Walking Dead is the best show i ever seen in my life. Every one from around the world must watch this show.
  • Its not what it seems!!!

OK im going to be honest but when i saw this show to watch on was like HAAA GAAYY!!!! BUT THEN I WATCHED IT ND I WAS LIKE OMG THIS IS THE BEST SHOW EVA!!!!!!!!! Its so great and i hope people dont think of this show as a dumb show cuz its amazing. BEFORE YOU JUDGE IT, WATCH IT.
  • Best show on television!

How people can dislike this is beyond my comprehension. With so much crap on TV these days this is one of the few gems left on television. This is right up there with Game of thrones & The Strain. Can't wait for the new season to start!
  • No More Gay Talk On The Walking Dead, Put Up or Shut Up

Quite frankly it has been severely played out. We get it Daryl or

someone may (or may not) be gay. The truth is we are over it. I cannot

tell you how many emails and replies I get here at The Walking Dead Update complaining that every other article has to do with who may be gay.

You should have played the Beth and Daryl story out a little more. At

least then you may have kept people's interest a little longer, and who

doesn't love a romance? If that were for some unknown reason not

feasible (this is after all fiction), then playing off the chance of his

death will have worked just as well.

It's like a dog with a boneit just would not let it go. You received

a ton of exposure (positive at first), but that ship has sailed.

People are sick of hearing about it. So it's time to put up or really

just shut the hell up about it. Let me let you in on a little secret, '

sometimes people are gay'. WOW, what a revelation that must have been.

If it was a just a publicity blitz, good on you. Yet I'm not sure the

response will be positive anymore. If it's just a stunt, you played it

out way too long! The novelty has worn off!

So you AMC execs it's time to let the cat out of the bag, or just

admit there was no cat to start with. We are your fans, WE make the

show, not you. We are not your pawns to move as you see fit just to see

what happens. It's time to come clean, the show is almost on and we have

waited long enough. Hell, it's not like it would be a world ending

spoiler. Think of it as a gift to all your loyal fansplain and simple!

I hope this was not too harsh, but I have readers to answer to as well. AND let's be honest, it really is time for the truth!

- Owner The Walking Dead Update
  • Something funny happened in the way to good TV

1.5
    Writers started thinking that an overdose of vampires and zombies is what I want to watch every week. I wonder what is missing in TV right now, creativity or time to think this through.
  • Great tv series

I think it be great if they made more seasons after season 5 and it will follow the comics as well and I heard they got 130 comics to print so far and I really enjoy watching the show and I got it DVD up to season 3 and then by September 29th I have season 4 on DVD and so give us more seasons to watch plz
  • The Ultimate Movie Review! -- @tss5078

I did not want to get into AMC's The Walking Dead, because it is what I like to call, addictive television. I try to avoid shows like this, but I was at a friends house the other week and there were a group of people watching it, so I really didn't have a choice and I got sucked into it's grip. The reason I don't like to watch shows like this is because it's based on a book, which usually means, the show is amazing and very well written until they reach the end of the book and have to come up with new stuff on their own. At that point, the quality of the story quickly diminishes and the show either gets boring or goes way over the top. As I watched the first two seasons of The Walking Dead over the course of a couple weeks, I found that the same was true for it. The first season was an absolute delight and I hated the fact that it was only six episodes. The second season started out pretty good also, but that's when the book must have ended and things changed. This powerful, exciting show became extremely predictable, with every episode featuring about forty minutes of talking and five minutes of action. So, if I was so turned off by it at that point, why am I watching the new episodes right now? Addictive television! Now that I know the characters and their stories I want answers to the same four questions as everyone else. Who is fighting with who, who is fucking who, how will the story end, and the big one, who lives and who dies. Similar to soap operas, shows like the Walking Dead, for the most part, aren't well written, are extremely predictable, and don't really develop much after the initial impact. I didn't see a single episode in the second or third season that I enjoyed as much as I did every episode from season 1. I am nevertheless invested in the show and what happens now, and to be honest it's not that it's a bad show. I really like Sarah Wayne Callies from Prison Break and Norman Reedus's character is the one guy who really evolved into someone who fascinates me. The action scenes, as well as the effects are terrific, and they do have a pretty talented cast. It's my hope that as it continues to gain popularity, that the writers turn to other sources, perhaps the author of the book or even some fan fiction for alternative ideas on how to keep things fresh and interesting, because right now, aside from the question of who lives and who dies, there isn't much there to attract new viewers to the show. If you like dark stories, horror, and end of the world type fiction, I'd give the show a try, but if you're a newbie whose thinking about getting into the Walking Dead, I warn you, the first season is amazing and will suck you in, but after that, as of yet, it hasn't gotten any better.
  • Best SHOW EVER.

Great show, amazing plot. But WHAT HAPPENED TO BETH?!?!?!